Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E3: Red Flags and Flag Football

• Start Topic

(edited)

With tensions lingering between Gina and Jenn, the ladies get their aggressions out in a flag football match; Shannon grapples with the fact that Alexis seems to be taking over everything that was once hers; Gina follows through on a tough decision.

First aired on 7/25/2024

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2

I totally understand Gina’s frustration with Jen. When Gina was going thru her divorce she was a responsible adult and lived within her means, including living in a casita and then buying a condo in her price range for her family. Jenn did the exact opposite, so that has to push buttons.

• Like 18
  • Applause 1
3 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Jen reminds me of Lynn Curtin who had no idea how the world works.

Yeah.  She’s not the brightest but Gina’s approach could’ve been different.  Telling anyone who will listen about Jen and yelling at her is less than helpful.  

• Like 16
  • Applause 4
Just now, For Cereals said:

Yeah.  She’s not the brightest but Gina’s approach could’ve been different.  Telling anyone who will listen about Jen and yelling at her is less than helpful.  

I totally agree. 
Ginas approach was awful

• Like 13
Just now, Stats Queen said:

I thought of Lynn when Emily worried that she was becoming obsessive about working out and talked about her weight — 🚩🚩🚩🚩— and said the OC is a mindfuck. It definitely is — we’ve seen it time and again — the boob jobs, Botox, etc. Everyone thinks they have to either keep up with, or be better than, everybody else. 

Emily looks great. I don’t want to see her fall into a trap that could lead to bad things.

4 minutes ago, For Cereals said:

Especially when Gina is apparently going through her own issues. The way she pivoted from pissed off to crying gave me whiplash.

Basically, Jenn needs to grow up. I still have questions about how things were handled, but honestly, it’s gotten too circular and exhausting.

• Like 13

Shannon totally told her trainer about Alexis bragging about sex with John. Stop denying it, Shannon, everyone knows it was you! It was You! 🤣. However, Alexis is being creepy with her copying everything Shannon does. And I laughed out loud at the montage of John taking Alexis everywhere he’s already taken Shannon.  

I’ve never seen women touch each others boobs as much as this show. If any of my friends came at me, I’d be smacking their hands away. That’s just so weird to me. Emily looks great. She needs to stick, and not get anymore procedures.  I feel for her about the fear of backsliding. Maintaining that figure when you’re naturally thick is no easy task. Your body will fight you every step of the way. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

How nice to live to her age never having to worry about bills or money! I can’t imagine! Of course, it’s hurting her now, but not really because she could still live a very comfortable life if she didn’t want to stay in such a pricey area. 

• Like 6

The hush of we don’t need to use THAT word …

who knew squatter was aken to a four letter word in these circles.. clutching the pearls chocking on pizza suddenly talking in whisper when saying the actual word lol 

• Like 3
  • LOL 16
10 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

How nice to live to her age never having to worry about bills or money! I can’t imagine! Of course, it’s hurting her now, but not really because she could still live a very comfortable life if she didn’t want to stay in such a pricey area. 

I’m happy to be independent but would love to know what that feels like just once LOL

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

I get why Gina wanted to separate from Travis' problematic ex, but what a painful thing for his kids. Its a bit like, you're too much hassle, so, get out. I mean, how do you explain this move to the kids?  And like she said-without them, she can afford to take her kids on vacations, but only if she excludes his kids that she's been living with like  their stepmom.  I couldn't do that unless I broke up with him altogether. She wants it both ways and when kids are involved, yikes.

• Like 17
  • Sad 6
10 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

I get why Gina wanted to separate from Travis' problematic ex, but what a painful thing for his kids. Its a bit like, you're too much hassle, so, get out. I mean, how do you explain this move to the kids?  And like she said-without them, she can afford to take her kids on vacations, but only if she excludes his kids that she's been living with like  their stepmom.  I couldn't do that unless I broke up with him altogether. She wants it both ways and when kids are involved, yikes.

It seems more like a prolonged break up, like she really wants to end it.

• Like 9
39 minutes ago, For Cereals said:

They are still together according to her IG, but this was filmed in January, so it was not too long ago. 

• Like 3

I see both sides of the Jenn/Gina deal, even  if I'm not crazy about Gina. I just hope that's a wrap with this storyline. I don't  like seeing Travis hurt, and the children  are definitely  going to miss one another.  Are we sure Gina's  ex isn't  waiting  in the wings? 

Aww, Alexis an Archie 2.0 how cute.

Not a particularly good episode,  except to say, Emily really  does  look good, in so few clothes.

• Like 4

I quite enjoyed this episode. An Archie sighting, scenes with Shane, and a visit from Sutton. Awesome! 

Did Alexis leave after the football game? She was nowhere to be seen (or did I just miss her) when the ladies were at the picnic table afterwards. Fine with me though, the less Alexis the better.

I have even less respect for Jenn now than I had last year. Who knew that was possible? She continues to play the victim, acting as if she has no agency in her life, like she is a freaking bystander. Has no idea how her bills get paid, (yet rents a house and assumes the rent fairy will take care of the bill). She's never even had a credit card in her name? OMFG. She was born in 1977, not 1877. All I could think of when they showed her and Ryan in the pool is that man, she is really earning her keep. Yuck. I'd rather be homeless. 

I did LOL when Emily referred to Jenn as Malibu Broke Barbie. I do love Emily's sense of humor. 

Have we seen Gina's dog before? He is adorable. 

• Like 16
  • Applause 2

This was the first time I have EVER liked Shane. In fact, I think every time they have shown him on this show, I absolutely hated his "humor" and thought he was mean and a real asshole to his family. However, this was the FIRST time I have ever liked him. Emily losing weight, Shane gaining a gut (he also really has aged a lot), seems to have humbled him a bit. But what I loved the most was him and his Big Gulp. How awesome. How cute, how real. 

Jenn, I think, really is LIKE a Lynne Curtin, BUT I think she plays up the dumb act. She has NEVER had a credit card in her own name? And if she is waiting for her settlement, she's not going to bust her ass at work. And she had to have known she couldn't afford the rental since she needed Gina to talk the realtor and owner into foregoing that requirement. Her acting like she didn't know that she wasn't going to be able to pay (or that someone wasn't going to pay for her) I think is that-- acting. I'm sure she was hoping, but she went into that house not knowing if her ex would pay, and she wanted to live in the nice big house, more than she wanted to be responsible. Yes, Gina was probably sympathetic to her and helping her out BECAUSE she didn't have a job, credit, and was going through a divorce, and whatever Jenn said to her about how the rent was going to get paid was obviously wasn't true. Hopefully, Gina asked her how she was going to afford the rent. So I think Jenn played her, but I also think Jenn is pretty dumb. It also puts a lot more perspective on why she likes Ryan and ignores all the bad stuff about him-- she literally needs him and she is not embarrassed about being dependent on men. She seems to want to be. 

• Like 11
(edited)
13 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I quite enjoyed this episode. An Archie sighting, scenes with Shane, and a visit from Sutton. Awesome! 

Did Alexis leave after the football game? She was nowhere to be seen (or did I just miss her) when the ladies were at the picnic table afterwards. Fine with me though, the less Alexis the better.

I have even less respect for Jenn now than I had last year. Who knew that was possible? She continues to play the victim, acting as if she has no agency in her life, like she is a freaking bystander. Has no idea how her bills get paid, (yet rents a house and assumes the rent fairy will take care of the bill). She's never even had a credit card in her name? OMFG. She was born in 1977, not 1877. All I could think of when they showed her and Ryan in the pool is that man, she is really earning her keep. Yuck. I'd rather be homeless. 

I did LOL when Emily referred to Jenn as Malibu Broke Barbie. I do love Emily's sense of humor. 

Have we seen Gina's dog before? He is adorable. 

Alexis left immediately after the game. 

I don't believe Jenn never had her own credit card.  She is playing the victim, but she didn't have to go that far.

We saw Gina's dog before.

12 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

This was the first time I have EVER liked Shane. In fact, I think every time they have shown him on this show, I absolutely hated his "humor" and thought he was mean and a real asshole to his family. However, this was the FIRST time I have ever liked him. Emily losing weight, Shane gaining a gut (he also really has aged a lot), seems to have humbled him a bit. But what I loved the most was him and his Big Gulp. How awesome. How cute, how real. 

Jenn, I think, really is LIKE a Lynne Curtin, BUT I think she plays up the dumb act. She has NEVER had a credit card in her own name? And if she is waiting for her settlement, she's not going to bust her ass at work. And she had to have known she couldn't afford the rental since she needed Gina to talk the realtor and owner into foregoing that requirement. Her acting like she didn't know that she wasn't going to be able to pay (or that someone wasn't going to pay for her) I think is that-- acting. I'm sure she was hoping, but she went into that house not knowing if her ex would pay, and she wanted to live in the nice big house, more than she wanted to be responsible. Yes, Gina was probably sympathetic to her and helping her out BECAUSE she didn't have a job, credit, and was going through a divorce, and whatever Jenn said to her about how the rent was going to get paid was obviously wasn't true. Hopefully, Gina asked her how she was going to afford the rent. So I think Jenn played her, but I also think Jenn is pretty dumb. It also puts a lot more perspective on why she likes Ryan and ignores all the bad stuff about him-- she literally needs him and she is not embarrassed about being dependent on men. She seems to want to be. 

I saw how Jenn was last year, and on Watch What Happens Live, and she is intelligent. She played dumb because it was convenient for the specific situation (not paying the rent). 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 4
6 hours ago, dosodog said:

And that guy is still a complete and utter asshole with his "Woah".

Im trapped in the quote box! Lol yes, what a Douche that guy was!!!  I’d never go back to him after he treated me that way. Shannon only grew a gut, not a tail or third eye.  No wonder women in that area are so obsessed with thinness. Hate that guy. 

I think Emily said it, in a previous episode that Gina outgrew her casita AND Travis. She wants that good life, and Travis can’t give that to her. Next guy will be an older, white, bald dude with a lot of money. 

Sober Shannon with her costumes is a good time.  Alexis is trying So Hard to be John’s perfect girlfriend. Inevitable crash and burn on that relationship coming. 

• Like 4
6 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Hopefully, Gina asked her how she was going to afford the rent. So I think Jenn played her, but I also think Jenn is pretty dumb. It also puts a lot more perspective on why she likes Ryan and ignores all the bad stuff about him-- she literally needs him and she is not embarrassed about being dependent on men. She seems to want to be. 

The elephant in the room is Jenn's Bravo salary. Why couldn't she pay her rent with it? Oh wait, she also leased a Land Rover and was $24k behind in payments on that. 

I can't fault Gina in this situation. Jenn is acting like everyone should have responsibility for her while taking none herself. As someone who went through a similar financial situation, I totally understand Gina's frustration with how she's moving. Did I hear that they were separated around the same time? In that case it's been years and Jenn's still not even trying to stand on her own feet, she's just replaced Will with Ryan. Pathetic.

Alexis is total single white female and Johnny J is just lapping up the attention. They deserve each other. 

Shane's deadpan humor never gets old, "well, I don't golf, so..." 

• Like 13
  • LOL 2

Not a big Gina fan, but applaud her for trying to make sound financial decisions. That house is too small for six growing adolescents and it seems like she feels she's not giving all of her children everything they deserve or that she wants to do for them in the current situation because she can't afford to also lavish his kids.

What is his story anyway?

Even if they wanted to, they can't buy a bigger home together because he's still married and she's not about to carry a new and bigger mortgage on her own.

• Like 7
(edited)

All I need to know about Jenn is when she said something along the lines of what does Gina expect, for her to not spend money on her hair like Gina did.

Stop making me take Gina's side!

Edited by bosawks
  • Like 6
  • LOL 4
7 minutes ago, politichick said:

Not a big Gina fan, but applaud her for trying to make sound financial decisions. That house is too small for six growing adolescents and it seems like she feels she's not giving all of her children everything they deserve or that she wants to do for them in the current situation because she can't afford to also lavish his kids.

What is his story anyway?

Even if they wanted to, they can't buy a bigger home together because he's still married and she's not about to carry a new and bigger mortgage on her own.

its his Ex that's causing the friction she has done interviews about it 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

I feel bad for Travis.  It seems like Gina is easing him and his kids out of her life instead of a clean break.  She can insist that they will stay together all she wants but I think even Travis knows it's not going to last.   Different situations but I remember Gina telling everyone that she and Matt were having a great divorce....until they didn't. 

I've always had the feeling that Travis was a placeholder for Gina until either 1)Matt comes back or 2)she meets a Wallet who wants to take on her and three kids. 

• Like 9

She wants that good life, and Travis can’t give that to her. Next guy will be an older, white, bald dude with a lot of money. 

Well, real estate could be a good way for her to meet rich single guys looking for a home...and maybe a home for her as well lol

All I need to know about Jenn is when she said something along the lines of what does Gina expect, for her to not spend money on her hair like Gina did.

To be fair, that was some of the most tragic hair we save seen outside of the RHONJ.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
54 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

I feel bad for Travis.  It seems like Gina is easing him and his kids out of her life instead of a clean break.  She can insist that they will stay together all she wants but I think even Travis knows it's not going to last.   Different situations but I remember Gina telling everyone that she and Matt were having a great divorce....until they didn't. 

I've always had the feeling that Travis was a placeholder for Gina until either 1)Matt comes back or 2)she meets a Wallet who wants to take on her and three kids. 

Not just a place holder, but also a free therapist!

Gina uses people until she no longer needs them.  Except for Emily.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Jenn is equal parts Lauri and Lynn Curtain in terms of cluelessness and ditzy act.  However, Lauri had better wallet radar skills and Lynn seemed to have had a skill/job she could fall back on if needed.

Gina is doing too much because shr knows deep down that she hasn't really done anything to warrant keeping an orange.

Alexis went from Jesus Jugs to Single White female.

Shannon, at her core, seems like a nice person...but obviously lacks coping skills and good taste in partners.

Emily's sense of humor, family life, and her ability to push back when provoked have earned her the orange.  I sometimes get Jeana vibes from her.

• Like 12
  • Love 1

Poor Shane, Emily’s turning into one of those sanctimonious exercisers who thinks everyone should workout as much as she does. They’re worse than super religious people.  Of course, him having chest pains and not seeing a doctor is scary. He probably has GERD from all that soda. 

Is it just me, or was Alexis talking a bit like Shannon and gesturing like she does when she’s trying to be funny, when she was leaving the football game?  Or maybe they’re all just morphing into the same blonde woman to me. 

Best sightings-Archie and that duck hopping into the water. 

• Like 12

Lauri had better wallet radar skills

Lauri should be giving TED Talks on how to land a wallet.

Gina is doing too much because shr knows deep down that she hasn't really done anything to warrant keeping an orange.

Honestly at this point I think Gina has pee pee tapes involving Andy and Sarah Jessica Parker. I can't accept any other explanation for her being on the show this long.

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

Not just a place holder, but also a free therapist!

Gina uses people until she no longer needs them.  Except for Emily.

I actually don’t think Gina uses people, but I was surprised to hear she’s still with Travis, as it definitely felt like she wanted to be free of his baggage without looking like the bad guy. Or keeping him in reach, but still be free somewhat. But I could be wrong, of course! She kind of glommed onto Heather for a bit there and wouldn’t stop asking her to adopt her and let her live in her mansion lol 

Id advise Shannon to act like she couldn’t care less about Alexis and Jim. But I’d honestly be asking my friends about them on the sly, too. He was a big part of her life for years. And the whole relationship with Alexis is so showy and grandstanding for someone who made Shannon cry at the thought of the cast discussing him at all on camera. It’s hilarious that he threw a fit about the trainer (?) making a dig at Alexis. Shannon got what she wanted-them out of her gym lol

• Like 8

I am Team Gina.  Jenn reminds me of a 1950s June Cleaver type, but I think June took more responsibility than Jenn ever has.  She never had to pay bills, she never had a credit card in her name (???), she has always had a man to pay her bills and do everything for her.  Gina did downsize and while some of the HW made snarky comments about it, Gina did what was best for her kids.  Jenn wants to continue living the same life without thinking about who is going to pay for it, other than she knows she won't pay.  

I like Shane.  I know he is either you like him or you hate him and I like him.  But listening to him and later Emily talk about how she feels she has to exercise every day sounds like a control issue for Emily.  I hope she figures out a balance, but living in Orange County that might be hard.  

ARCHIE!!  Every time I see Archie now I'm grateful he wasn't injured in the accident.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Palimelon said:

To be fair, that was some of the most tragic hair we save seen outside of the RHONJ.

But her bills were paid and she wasn’t squatting so I mean fair trade off? lol 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
14 hours ago, dosodog said:

I felt all kinds of feelings during the Emily/Shannon boudoir scene.  Out of all the OC gals, Shannon understands best, what Emily is battling.

Also Shannon does costumes like no one else (shut up Tamra!).

My heart will always hold a place for her because of her showing her stomach on a show that worships at the altar of thinness. 

And that guy is still a complete and utter asshole with his "Woah".

Lyanna Mormont side eye:

hd-aspect-1467032778-lyanna-mormont-battle-of-the-bastards.jpg

As much as I dislike Shannon, I busted out laughing at her in the bunny ears.  The boudoir scene reminded me of the glam shots from the 80s. 

• Like 6
17 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

Can someone remind me why Jenn got divorced after so many years?  Did she leave or did he leave?

Jenn had an affair with Ryan, and she left her husband. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

Can someone remind me why Jenn got divorced after so many years?  Did she leave or did he leave?

Jenn's so vacuous I don't think I would even notice if she left.

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
(edited)
16 hours ago, For Cereals said:

Yep. I doubt they will make it, and Travis seems to know it. 

Wonder which is shallower and more looks obsessed, OC or BH? 

Emily must not know that heart disease is the number one killer for women too. It just hits them a little later than men. 

I can't see Shane being that into the boudoir photos. It seems like it was more for Emily. 

Alexis is less attractive than when she was originally on the show, both in looks and personality. 

I don't like Gina's rapid reaction to Jenn, but I understand her irritation at Jenn's helpless, passive attitude. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 7
3 hours ago, Pi237 said:

Poor Shane, Emily’s turning into one of those sanctimonious exercisers who thinks everyone should workout as much as she does. They’re worse than super religious people.  Of course, him having chest pains and not seeing a doctor is scary. He probably has GERD from all that soda. 

Is it just me, or was Alexis talking a bit like Shannon and gesturing like she does when she’s trying to be funny, when she was leaving the football game?  Or maybe they’re all just morphing into the same blonde woman to me. 

Best sightings-Archie and that duck hopping into the water. 

Or gall bladder issues. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, snarts said:

Did I hear that they were separated around the same time? In that case it's been years and Jenn's still not even trying to stand on her own feet, she's just replaced Will with Ryan. Pathetic.

It doesn't seem like she learned much. What is she going to do if Ryan leaves her? Her poor parents will probably be subsidizing her until they die. 

• Like 9
9 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

I can't see Shane being that into the boudoir photos. It seems like it was more for Emily. 

For sure! And  I don't  blame her one bit. 

• Like 4

Jenn is more of a dum dum than I thought.  She tossed her only means of support over some dirty sex with that dirty guy Ryan?  At the very least she should have given some thought to just how she was going to maintain her OC lifestyle - saved some money, built some credit, etc.  

Apparently she just jumped into Ryan's bed and expected everything would be okay.  Big houses in the OC?  Range Rovers?  Vanity business?   Good grief.  I'm  rather shocked she was able to do it for this long - haven't they been separated for years?  Or at least two.   

Alexis looks like hell.  Maybe  it's her new ugly personality.   But I'm glad they got tossed out of  Shannon's gym.  WTF?  Seems like their whole thing is to get in Shannon's face.   I wish Shannon wouldn't let these garbage people bother her so much. 

• Like 12