Type keyword(s) to search

S12: Epi 2-Country Grammer

• Start Topic

That Thanksgiving dinner looked delicious.

Also, i like Kenny so far! He seems like a good ol' cute country boy.
(I don't believe a damn word about the Frenchman. We should've known that "relationship" was fake/doomed when they never even gave him a fake name.)

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
(edited)

This episode just got weirder and weirder. Wow.

Do people still deep-fry turkeys? That used to be a thing around here but I think people exploded enough of them that it stopped. 😳🦃

Hunter 'talking' to a female to year but not meeting her is totally par for the course for that family. 😂 The question remains: will he get catfished, too? It's not like he's got a face for radio, but he's definitely not leading man material, bless him. I'm glad he got a leading role somewhere.

I honestly thought that the cut-off Kentucky sweatshirt was a cute look. I would have kept about 2 more inches on it but I liked it.

Poor Kenny being pushed into a date with Shitney. She's all "he needs to step up his game because he's so slow" right after she bitches about not being over <<Le Blur>>. 🙄 Give me a dang break.

Edited by lightninggirl
  • Like 4

Yeah, who says "Other than X I haven't kissed anyone in 4 years"? That was so obviously a giveaway that the Frenchman never existed. 

Even if her weight had nothing to do with it I don't see Kenny as any kind of match with her at all.  Just more fakery for a storyline and it's kind of painful to watch.

The squirrel was cute, though!

• Like 6

Nice to see Whit appropriately dressed this epi. Agree with @lightninggirl, the Kentucky sweatshirt was cut off way too high. 

Pushing Kenny and Whit together was so cringeworthy. He seems like a nice country guy, but not a great match for Whitney. 

• Like 5

Whitney likes thin, pretty boys. Kenny's not her type.

Its weird how she hangs out with the kids and not her sister. Maybe just for tv, but she treats Angie like she's much older than her. Granted shes in a state of arrested development somewhat.

Ax throwing looked fun. I love an arcade. not too many around anymore. 

I'd also love to try fried turkey. 

• Like 3
12 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

This episode just got weirder and weirder. Wow.

Do people still deep-fry turkeys? That used to be a thing around here but I think people exploded enough of them that it stopped. 😳🦃

People do still deep fry turkeys. I’d love to try it; it’s supposed to be delicious. It can be dangerous though. One of our local restaurants will deep fry your turkey for you on Thanksgiving Day - they started this a couple of years ago to try to help people not burn their houses down. They set up deep fryers in the parking lot, you bring your turkey and they fry it up for you.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
(edited)

I'm mostly vegetarian, but I have tried fried turkey and it's delectable. The Californian in me is cringing hard at them frying it on grass. If it was indeed Thanksgiving instead of just for the sake of filming, they'd have had a long wait for emergency services if they'd set the place on fire. 

This episode was such a snooze for me. I get that they're desperate for content, but I have no interest in the Alabama/Kentucky family. Maybe it's because I lived in WV for so long, but fried turkey/huntin'/playing with carcasses/eating garbage food/dressing in camo for no reason is not fun to watch or do.

That cranberry sauce was atrocious. You can see how they just sliced up the cylinder as it slid out of the can. Real cranberry sauce is criminally easy to make and actually tastes like food. I wonder what else from that meal was prepackaged. Probably everything but the turkey. 

Speaking of, you could tell those were decoys from a mile away. That was funny, though. That's one thing rednecks are generally good at--harmless, fun pranks. And what was up with Whitney's gloves? Is she cosplaying Slenderman?

The squirrel was cute and Kenny was nice. I am pretty annoyed that Whitney thinks she's too good for him somehow, when he's only playing nice for the cameras. He doesn't seem that into her, although he's more convincing than her other "love interests" have been.

Edited by monagatuna
  • Like 2
On 7/17/2024 at 9:35 AM, Pi237 said:

Its weird how she hangs out with the kids and not her sister. Maybe just for tv, but she treats Angie like she's much older than her. 

Can someone do the math here? Shitney said that Angie's son is only one year younger (older?) than she is, and Angie said she had him when she was 16. I don't remember how old Glen was when he fathered Angie. But I can't make it all make sense. Can someone assign the proper years/ages to everyone?

Didn’t Whitney kiss Lenny last season or the one before it? And Buddy a few seasons ago? Definitely not more than 4 years ago. Don’t those kisses count?

• Like 2
On 7/17/2024 at 9:35 AM, Pi237 said:

Its weird how she hangs out with the kids and not her sister. Maybe just for tv, but she treats Angie like she's much older than her. Granted shes in a state of arrested development somewhat.

Yep, that's for sure. I think she is avoiding facing her age by focusing on the younger relatives. Angie reminds her how she hasn't achieved the two things she wants that Angie has, which are marriage and children. But now that Whit's niece is getting married, even she will make her feel inadequate.

14 hours ago, SDVegas said:

Didn’t Whitney kiss Lenny last season or the one before it? And Buddy a few seasons ago? Definitely not more than 4 years ago. Don’t those kisses count?

Good call! It's yet more evidence that those kisses weren't factored in because they were were fake, just like the Frenchman never existed!

• Like 4
16 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Can someone do the math here? Shitney said that Angie's son is only one year younger (older?) than she is, and Angie said she had him when she was 16. I don't remember how old Glen was when he fathered Angie. But I can't make it all make sense. Can someone assign the proper years/ages to everyone?

I'lll give it a go:  Whit 39, adopted kid 40, Angie 56, Glenn 76-77 ish - he was just a young man in military training when Angie was conceived, so I'm guessing around 20.  Angie's other kids born when she was in her 20s, so they're 25-30ish.   Old enough to have the little granddaughter.  It works 😄

16 hours ago, SDVegas said:

The one before.  But we are pretending that never happened due to her 4 year grand love affair with The Frenchman.  And I saw her kisses with Lennie and Buddy - although we were supposed to believe at the time that they were mad with desire for her, I'm not sure I would classify that as really "being kissed" either 😂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
On 7/17/2024 at 8:35 AM, Pi237 said:

Never would have picked up this thought, thanks @Pi237.

It's so true- Whit sees herself much closer in age/life stage to Glen's gkids than his daughter. 

Glad to see the family moving forward after losing Babs. Starting new traditions is a good idea.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, BAForever said:

It's so true- Whit sees herself much closer in age/life stage to Glen's gkids than his daughter. 

She wants to see herself closer in age to the younger relatives because she's in denial about her own age. She acts like she doesn't know where the time went - how could she already be pushing 40? She hasn't matured to the life stage of a 40 year old so it feels unbelievable to her. So continuing to identify with the younger crowd helps her avoid facing that. 

Did anyone catch last week's episode where she said her mother cut up her meat for her until she was 22? Is it any wonder she's so immature?

• Like 6

All the other women were in casual clothes and she was dressed up like she was on her way to the opera.  I don't know what it is with the fancy earrings, fire engine red lipstick, messy bun, etc., but not a good look.  Kenny is just a "good ol' boy", but really needed to take his hat off at the dinner table.  That turkey looked like it had been partially cooked before they put it in the deep fryer -- already browned and the wings were loose from the body.  Maybe that's the way to do it instead of putting it in raw.  Also, it didn't look all that big for how many people were there (two tables), so there was probably another one in the oven.  

• Like 3
7 hours ago, SkateQueen said:

All the other women were in casual clothes and she was dressed up like she was on her way to the opera.  I don't know what it is with the fancy earrings, fire engine red lipstick, messy bun, etc., but not a good look.  Kenny is just a "good ol' boy", but really needed to take his hat off at the dinner table.  That turkey looked like it had been partially cooked before they put it in the deep fryer -- already browned and the wings were loose from the body.  Maybe that's the way to do it instead of putting it in raw.  Also, it didn't look all that big for how many people were there (two tables), so there was probably another one in the oven.  

You aren’t supposed to put the turkey in frozen - it will cause a fire. But maybe slightly browned or room temperature at least is the preferred method?

• Like 1
On 7/18/2024 at 5:31 PM, SDVegas said:

Maybe she meant "when someone kissed her back", willingly, or initiated the kiss,  v. Being kind enough to reciprocate when Whit came at them wth her Joker lips puckered up.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
On 7/20/2024 at 1:14 PM, SkateQueen said:

All the other women were in casual clothes and she was dressed up like she was on her way to the opera.  I don't know what it is with the fancy earrings, fire engine red lipstick, messy bun, etc., but not a good look. 

At least this season she is trying to dress for things, rather than running around in her sports bra and leggings!

• Like 3
On 7/20/2024 at 12:52 AM, Yeah No said:

Did anyone catch last week's episode where she said her mother cut up her meat for her until she was 22? Is it any wonder she's so immature?

I cannot imagine either being Babs, and wanting to cut up meat for my teenage and then young adult daughter, or being Shitney at all the ages between 12 and 22, and allowing my mother to keep cutting up my meat for me.

On 7/22/2024 at 12:54 PM, princelina said:

At least this season she is trying to dress for things, rather than running around in her sports bra and leggings!

I do wonder what has caused that change to finally occur. I guess it's the I'm-almost-40-and-unmarried motivation?

• Like 3
11 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

I cannot imagine either being Babs, and wanting to cut up meat for my teenage and then young adult daughter, or being Shitney at all the ages between 12 and 22, and allowing my mother to keep cutting up my meat for me.

I know, it makes me shudder just to think about it. It speaks volumes about a deeply unhealthy relationship.

The only parallel in my own life is that my father made my tea for me in the morning until I was 21 and moved out of the house. But he made coffee for himself and my mother too, so it wasn't really the same kind of thing. And that's the ONLY thing like that he or my mother did for me at that age. I even did my own laundry. Of course my mother cooked but we often shopped and cooked together so it was not the same.

Interestingly I just watched a rerun of an episode of "Big Bang Theory" where Howard reveals to Bernadette (his fiance) that his mother still cut his meat up for him and acted like he expected her to do it too, which of course she did not agree to do. And it was a big thing on the series as to how unhealthy Howard's relationship was with his mother.

12 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:
On 7/22/2024 at 12:54 PM, princelina said:

I do wonder what has caused that change to finally occur. I guess it's the I'm-almost-40-and-unmarried motivation?

I think so, but in this episode at least it looks like she was also doing it because she was supposedly meeting a guy (Kenny).

Also I think the weight loss has something to do with it because it must be much easier to find clothes that look at least somewhat attractive on her.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

I think so, but in this episode at least it looks like she was also doing it because she was supposedly meeting a guy (Kenny).

Also I think the weight loss has something to do with it because it must be much easier to find clothes that look at least somewhat attractive on her.

She also dressed up to go meet Buddy - I think it's probably mostly that she thinks she looks better in clothes now, with an added bit of trying to act more normal in the hope of meeting a guy.

Just so you know - I hated cutting my meat when I was in high school too!  I had a deal with my brother that if there was meat to be cut he would cut mine and in return I'd clear his place and take his dishes to the dishwasher 😂

• LOL 2

Extra Fabulous -  face timing Jamie during the family photoshoot. Took a picture with her on the phone. Jamie mad they took the picture without her and said she hopes they come out terrible.

extra scene in the arcade. Whitney vs Lizzie at the hoops game. 43-24 Lizzie. Whitney wasn't obnoxious about losing. 

Frying the turkey. They talked about someone Glenn knows burned his whole body when he fell on a frying turkey that tipped over.  Jamie shows up and calls Whitney her favorite aunt. Said she shouldn't say that out loud cuz she has many aunts. They compete over who Madeline will go to and she chooses Whitney and wouldn't give Jamie a kiss. 

They've really got nothing this year lol 

• LOL 2
(edited)

I think the clothes-wearing is also related to her weight loss, but more because she can't carry off being half-naked anymore.  She was always pretty firm and taut before, but losing that much weight at age 40 is probably resulting in a lot of sagging, wrinkling, and loose skin.  What glimpses we've caught of just her legs now looks tragic.  She's pretty much wrecked her body and, if she keeps losing, may even need skin removal surgery.

Edited by Dibs
  • Like 6
  • Useful 2

Maybe she is just concerned with being healthy and not worried if people think her legs look tragic. One thing I like about Whitney is that she also moves her body which is a good thing. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
On 7/20/2024 at 8:19 PM, Elizzikra said:

You aren’t supposed to put the turkey in frozen - it will cause a fire. But maybe slightly browned or room temperature at least is the preferred method?

The whole trick of deep frying turkey without causing a conflagration is to make sure it is completely thawed and DRY. It's really not hard to do. You just have to pay attention to the details. And it is delicious.

The only drawback these days is the ridiculous price of the oil to fry it in.

• Like 1