Type keyword(s) to search

S2.E05: A New Home and a Game of Telephone

• Start Topic

Sara’s love interest visits Dubai Taleen confronts Brooks over comments she made. Caroline Stanbury hosts a desert escape, but it is not the peaceful oasis she hoped for.

First air date 7/2/24

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If having a baby was that important to Sergio, perhaps he should have married someone who wants a baby. 
I didn’t see much chemistry between Sara and her love interest. I also have a hard time believing that when they break fast, they eat all night. 

• Like 10

I do not believe for one minute there is anything between Sara and Boy Toy, it is in my mind a story line, this guy wants a job or more followers on social media and Sara wants a story line to which I wish she wouldn't have involved her son, precocious kids are my least favorite kind of kid, she obviously fed him lines for his scene at the restaurant.

The women acted like teenagers when they saw Sara's date, he is nice looking but I wouldn't lose my mind over him.  Maybe he is taking a page out of Sergio's book and decided to hook up with a wealthy woman.

The ladies meet for a break fast dinner in a small, windowless walk in closet size room, they looked less than comfortable in that tiny space but then talked about how they had to ride in a family van to the desert, I'd be bitching about the cramped quarters and losing feeling in my legs.

I had a laugh when they got to the sand boarding down the dune, my son and daughter in love did that too when they were in Dubai this past January but they stood up on the board and did it the right way...Chanel is just ridiculous with her outfits, she really didn't listen to her voice mail from Stanbury? I think she did and just ignored it.

Sergio is so child like about this baby thing, I do not think he understands reproductive science, like seriously has no idea where babies come from or the simple biology of how it happens and how age plays a part in the difficulty of getting pregnant or hosting a fertilized egg. He probably really thought they were going to the clinic to have that egg implanted.  He should have married someone much younger than Stanbury.  If they have that baby he will realize that it is hard work, he will get very little attention because babies get the attention and I don't think he has thought out the reality of having a baby. Stanbury will have round the clock nannies I am sure.

The huge Bonsai tree is cool, I wonder what it cost plus the cost of getting a crane to move it in to position.  I did not understand the layout of the bathroom, short wall situation in the bedroom, she said it was for the tv so the back of the TV will be on the tub side? Is that safe having a TV over a tub? I couldn't get my electrician to put a chandelier over my tub.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, Palimelon said:

A lot of people do that during Ramandan, with many even gaining weight, so it isn’t that unheard of.

I meant the women on the show. They are all so thin.

• Like 3

Sergio’s family shows up for a visit, and Stanbury immediately leaves for a day with her friends.  🙄😖

I also do not care for Sara’s precocious son.  Could all be “theater” as someone else mentioned.

Taleen and her husband sit on their butts while the nanny entertains their kids at the park.  I assume they needed to film their conversation for the show, but I’m blown away by it being so normal for them.  

• Like 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

The ladies meet for a break fast dinner in a small, windowless walk in closet size room, they looked less than comfortable in that tiny space

That was a strange scene in that cubby hole.

57 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I also do not care for Sara’s precocious son.  Could all be “theater” as someone else mentioned.

I hate kids like that.  And the parents usually think it’s too cute and force other adults to hang with them.  

Then the weird kid calling the boyfriend “Carmel seduction” or whatever wtf was that?  

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
27 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Then the weird kid calling the boyfriend “Carmel seduction” or whatever wtf was that?  

That was so cringy! No way he came up with that on his own.  The man was gorgeous, but seemed more like a cousin visiting than a love interest. 

I like (most) kids in real life, but want my trash tv to be the adults and their pets only. No one finds your kid(s) as entertaining as you do. Sorry, it’s just true. 

Speaking of, Sergio is like a child himself. Maybe he just wants someone else to play with? I cannot imagine why they married, knowing she doesn’t want another child & he’s dead set on it. Sergio wants her to be someone she’s not.  There’s nothing wrong with either of their points of view, but I’d feel awful for her future kid, seeing how their Mom had them reluctantly.   And her poor in-laws, hope they don’t do a whole screening party to watch these shows. ‘There’s our daughter-in-law, giggling with glee about getting away from us’ 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

And her poor in-laws, hope they don’t do a whole screening party to watch these shows. ‘There’s our daughter-in-law, giggling with glee about getting away from us’ @Pi237

Well if their marriage isn’t over by now (when this show is being broadcast) that might be the final nail in the coffin. 

Why have children if you don’t want to spend any time enjoying them? Nanny’s and boarding schools don’t sound like a fun way to grow and learn how to be a family. No wonder Caroline (who I strongly dislike seeing chewing with her mouth open) doesn’t have a good relationship with her parents. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

"Caramel seduction," I am pretty sure he heard his mother say that and then was coached to remember to say it on camera.  Come to think of it, I have no idea what that guy's name is anyway.

1 hour ago, Pi237 said:

I cannot imagine why they married,

I wonder what their dinner time conversation is like, maybe Caroline goes over colors and shapes?

We have to ask why all these way past baby making years women marry or get involved with much younger men who proclaim they want a baby and basically make a 45 year old and older who have grown children feel like if their husband does not get a baby they will leave them...I say let them leave, since they are usually without money they won't get far.

In my dating years before my first marriage not once did I have a date where the guy was so vocal about having children as if it was a deal maker/breaker...my second go round dating most of the guys I dated had kids and were not interested in having any more children, why all these twenty something men want children so badly?

• Like 3

I loved the bonsai tree, and where it was placed, beautiful. 

I don't  see another  season  for this show. I think  Brooks is arguing  for the sake of arguing,  Ayans dress didn't  even  fit in a car, it was just so silly.( but a beautiful  color) I agree with Andy Cohen, Stanburys  face lift ,is just about perfect, she just looks very relaxed. 

Sara's  man friend  was good looking,  it seemed  to me, they have seen one another  longer than she admits.

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

"Caramel seduction," I am pretty sure he heard his mother say that and then was coached to remember to say it on camera. 

Which is even MORE weird!  

She did give an approving look when he said it.  🤮  Does “seduction” have a different meaning in other parts of the world?

This has to be the most boring season of any housewives show.  I have zero interest, maybe I’m out.

• Like 2

I was over Ayan dressing inappropriately for the occasion last season, but since she gained so many fans, she will now overdo it each and every time.  I mean I love seeing her gowns, but she needs the right occasion.  Her gown for the dinner was so gorgeous.  However, she kept her gloves on while eating.  With her, it's all about the aesthetics. Not comfort or sensibility.  The poor gown being dragged through the desert sand was cringe for me.  She can be just as stylish and model-stunning by choosing appropriate fashion for the event.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2

I was over Ayan dressing inappropriately for the occasion last season, but since she gained so many fans, she will now overdo it each and every time.

She is definitely dressing for the cameras, going for memable lewks more than anything. I mean, if she prefers style over comfort and trying to create a fashion moment every time, good for her. But sometimes, less really is more.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2

Maybe Aayan is aiming for a career in acting. She’s quite dramatic. She pretended not to read Carolines text about the dress code. 
I agree that Sara’s kid is obnoxious but I feel a little bad for him. He doesn’t have a dad and has to perform for his mom. 

• Like 10

Taleen really seems to be playing a part. While Brooks certainly has her issues, Taleen seems eager to throw her over for Stansbury, feels very scripted

• Like 3

I may have missed something but who was the owner of the long blond lock of hair sitting beside Sara's gorgeous guy? The hair and shoulder were the only visible things and the camera shots were close-in face shots of Sara and guy-whose-name-i didn't catch (but who needs a name with that much gorgeous? ). Anyone know who it was or did I miss something?

On 7/4/2024 at 2:49 AM, Palimelon said:

She is definitely dressing for the cameras, going for memable lewks more than anything. I mean, if she prefers style over comfort and trying to create a fashion moment every time, good for her. But sometimes, less really is more.

I agree -- if it's fun for her, why not? I feel like I can sort of relate in a way that's kind of similar, ever since starting to work from home in 2020 and have no real reason to wear certain clothing anymore. But, yeah, where better for someone to go all out clothing-wise than in a show about excess?

• Like 2
On 7/3/2024 at 2:16 PM, Mindthinkr said:

And her poor in-laws, hope they don’t do a whole screening party to watch these shows. ‘There’s our daughter-in-law, giggling with glee about getting away from us’ @Pi237

Well if their marriage isn’t over by now (when this show is being broadcast) that might be the final nail in the coffin. 

Why have children if you don’t want to spend any time enjoying them? Nanny’s and boarding schools don’t sound like a fun way to grow and learn how to be a family. No wonder Caroline (who I strongly dislike seeing chewing with her mouth open) doesn’t have a good relationship with her parents. 

I would have loved to have been in a boarding school... I asked my parents to send me to one and they said 'we love too much to do that'.

So I took full advantage of any summer camp or school retreat that came my way because I wanted to get some space from my parents.  It sounds like Stanbury wasn't given the choice nor did she give her kids the choice.

I think Sergio is too clingy and would suffocate his child, while Stanbury is too aloof.   Balance is key.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

It was rude of Caroline Stanbury to say gleefully that she would leave for the desert getaway immediately after Sergio's family arrived. Also, why didn't she and Sergio ask them to postpone the visit because the house was still under construction? The house looks nice.

Sergio acts in a very immature way for somebody his age.

We now know why Sara was not interested in Daniel, and his name is Akin. The women also said she dated hot Italian actor Michele Morrone of the 365 Days movie trilogy.  

Only Sara was properly dressed for the desert in a shirt and jeans. Ayan dresses in couture because she is a show off, and she promotes mainly her designer friend's pieces. 

Taleen's husband wants to have a son without the responsibilities. He knows a daughter (he has two) can take over the family company, doesn't he? 

• Like 3

I have a question from a previous episode.

Remember when Ayan was having her teeth analyzed to see how old she was?  Did she ever get an answer to that?  If she did, I didn’t hear it.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
58 minutes ago, b2H said:

I have a question from a previous episode.

Remember when Ayan was having her teeth analyzed to see how old she was?  Did she ever get an answer to that?  If she did, I didn’t hear it.

I didn’t hear it covered on last night’s episode. She was missing an event as she was going to the airport to pick up her family. They are coming in to celebrate the opening of her skin care line. She might be waiting until her family is to share it with them first. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, b2H said:

1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

I didn’t hear it covered on last night’s episode. She was missing an event as she was going to the airport to pick up her family. They are coming in to celebrate the opening of her skin care line. She might be waiting until her family is to share it with them first. 

The doctor said it would take a while to get the results.  I'm sure we'll see it by the end of the season.  It'll be interesting to see who's older, Caroline or Ayan?

11 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Taleen's husband wants to have a son without the responsibilities. He knows a daughter (he has two) can take over the family company, doesn't he? 

I don't see anything wrong with a father wanting a son, any more than I would see anything wrong with a mother wanting a daughter.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

Those expensive  parties Lesa was talking  about,  they are more for show , like a child cares where it's held. 

I loved Sergio's mother, I think  he was ticked off she agreed with his wife. Stanbury  looked very sexy in her TH. I felt sorry for her daughter,  it won't  be long before  she's away to college in the US.

The rest was all rather petty between  the women,  and their phone calls. What's  coming  up looks better than what were watching  now. I hope it is.

• Like 6
On 7/10/2024 at 9:01 AM, sugarbaker design said:

The doctor said it would take a while to get the results.  I'm sure we'll see it by the end of the season.  It'll be interesting to see who's older, Caroline or Ayan?

I don't see anything wrong with a father wanting a son, any more than I would see anything wrong with a mother wanting a daughter.

A father who said that he wanted a son to take the family name and take over the family company, something that a daughter can do.

• Like 3
On 7/11/2024 at 9:57 PM, sugarbaker design said:

I must have missed that part!

He didn't say that a daughter can do those things, I said it as a counterpoint. He said the rest. 

• Like 1