Type keyword(s) to search

S0.17: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

The dramatic reunion concludes as West and Ciara consider their future. Amanda makes an emotional revelation about her health. Lindsay and Carl go head-to-head about the details of their breakup.

• Like 2

Let me get this straight, Kyle being a total jackass to Amanda is her fault for being depressed?

I’m only half listening and I still wanted to go through the tv and poke him in the eye.

Amanda, I consider you the human equivalent of limp parsley but you deserve better.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Lindsey is a shrew.  It is a good thing her new guy doesn’t watch the show.  Her performance today would send a reasonable guy off screaming into the night.

She needs to go away and be a shrew somewhere else.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, bosawks said:

My takeaway from the Lindsay/Carl debacle is that I Kyle is the worst….

Remember in the last episode when Kyle said Lindsay was his friend and they were good? Nobody needs the kind of “friend” he’s being. It’s also ironic that Kyle is basically calling her out for steamrolling Carl when he is fighting Carl’s battles and doing everything he can to control the narrative.

• Like 12
  • Love 2

God Kyle fucking sucks. So Amanda is depressed so that makes it ok to freak out constantly. Oh and now he’s a dj and Amanda still doesn’t have anything of her own. She’s obv never gonna leave that loser but how sad. All he cares about is himself.

West has no empathy whatsoever. He’s such a douche.

Fuck Carl too.

Kyle lecturing anyone on drinking is a fucking joke. He needs to stop interrupting.

Lol I’m sure Carl is so close to opening something. 

Lindsay is crazy but idk why no one is calling Carl out. He's a douche too and just because he’s not drinking doesn’t mean he’s an instant good person. He called the cameras back on purpose. Maybe production didn’t know but Carl did.

Andy sucks as the host.

• Like 11

I think  everyone  saw what Carl put up with, and why he decided marriage  to Lindsay  was all sorts of wrong. I know he's no angel, but I felt  sorry for him. I hope he finds someone,  obviously  Lindsay  has already found her Mr Wonderful. 

Kyle obviously  knows what Lindsay  is like, he's  known her for 10 years. He called  her delusional,  and I think a lot of the time, she was. He overdid  coming  after her, but I was good with that. I just don't  like her, and Carl isn't  able to say anything  remotely  like Kyle did.

Looking  forward  to watching  summer  house next season. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
12 minutes ago, dancingdreamer said:

He overdid  coming  after her, but I was good with that. I just don't  like her, and Carl isn't  able to say anything  remotely  like Kyle did.

Haven't watched it yet, but I'm SO GLAD to read this. I don't like her either. She's a dangerous angry woman. The chip(s) on her shoulders have been there ever since early childhood. Apparently nothing will help. Hope New Guy enjoys being a Whipping Boy. Hope WE don't have to watch her antics...ever again.  Andy seemed (originally) to really like her; I don't think he feels the same.  I'm willing to quit watching if she's a "regular" next season.

1 hour ago, Marley said:

He called the cameras back on purpose. Maybe production didn’t know but Carl did.

Has that been proven?

1 hour ago, Marley said:

Andy sucks as the host.

That HAS been proven...over and over, season after season. Bravo show after Bravo show.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Marley said:

West has no empathy whatsoever. He’s such a douche.

Lindsay is crazy but idk why no one is calling Carl out. He's a douche too and just because he’s not drinking doesn’t mean he’s an instant good person. He called the cameras back on purpose. Maybe production didn’t know but Carl did.

I agree with your impression of Carl. I found he was extremely manipulative this season and very intentional to ensure cameras recorded his "side". Although lots is faked, I did think that Lindsay was oblivious to the fact that Carl was geared up to get out of a wedding. She looked so confused during that last kitchen argument.

I think Wes really cared for Ciara but having his profile be raised while daily IG followers subscribed, he forgot that this initial "public persona honeymoon" doesn't last because it's all the users initially reaching out to you. Not any authentic future pals...

• Like 6
3 hours ago, Chalby said:

I agree with your impression of Carl. I found he was extremely manipulative this season and very intentional to ensure cameras recorded his "side".

While I think this may be partly true, the person that calls off the wedding is typically viewed as the asshole. Regardless of the reasons, it's human nature to have sympathy for the jilted party.

In this case, both of them are so incredibly toxic. There's enough blame to go around and no need to declare one is better than the other. It's actually disappointing to me that they didn't stay together thus sparing future partners a lot of grief. 

9 hours ago, FlyingEgret said:

I think Lindsay is shocked her gal pals aren't backing her blindly

Lindsay had support but she overplayed her hand by continually promoting herself as some innocent blindsided victim, villainizing Carl, and spreading nasty rumors about him when they were privy to the fighting and knew the situation to be much more nuanced. 

While I'm no fan of Kyle/Amanda's relationship, I trust the people who actually know them and have a shared house with them so watching Paige look adoringly at them, heating Jesse say that they belong together, and seeing the jealousy in Lindsay's eyes told me all I need to know. 

100% agree with Paige that West was more worried about how he was going to come to the public than he was about her feelings. Dammit, I want Ciara to find a good man to love. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

The funniest part is that Kyle and Carl have backed themselves in a corner with the re-hiring of Carl.

Maybe I'm wrong and Carl develops a work ethic and Kyle isn't a hyper horror show as a boss to those he has an additional relationship with.

However, I doubt it, and Kyle is going to have to deal with Carl's sluglike tendencies while gritting his teeth to save face and if Kyle screams about his wife being a bitch, slacker, loser I doubt he will be the "soft" person Carl apparently requires.

Could really make next season fun.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, bosawks said:

The funniest part is that Kyle and Carl have backed themselves in a corner with the re-hiring of Carl.

Maybe I'm wrong and Carl develops a work ethic and Kyle isn't a hyper horror show as a boss to those he has an additional relationship with.

However, I doubt it, and Kyle is going to have to deal with Carl's sluglike tendencies while gritting his teeth to save face and if Kyle screams about his wife being a bitch, slacker, loser I doubt he will be the "soft" person Carl apparently requires.

Could really make next season fun.

During Carl's last Loverboy stint, Kyle had him report to someone else because they are friends. Probably doing the same again, but the COO also keeps him updated on Carl's antics. 

• Like 4

This reunion just sucked. Kyle is the worst. Where was the footage of him calling Amanda a f***ing b**** and all of that. How did they just gloss right over that whole thing. Why isn't he getting the same treatment that Lindsey is getting? Oh it's okay because she was depressed and bringing him down... why do you think she's depressed! Kyle needs to do a lot of growing up and is just a sucky person. 

And Andy- you suck as a host. Why don't you just say this whole thing is all Lindsey's fault and just get it over with. You hate her and protect your little misogynistic boys over and over and over. 

• Like 12

I just cannot with Lindsay's continued insistence that she was blindsided. She was just blind to what was going on. Carl said a few times that he was having second thoughts so how is she blindsided? I think she is using the wrong word. What she probably means is that she feels humiliated that he broke up with her on camera and that, I think, is a valid feeling. Maybe just say that. 

I have always disliked Lindsay. But that didn't stop me from seeing what Carl was doing this season. I absolutely think he was laying the groundwork to break up. That said, Lindsay lost me yet again when she was arguing that she was entitled to her feelings about being in the Lyft with just the guys and Carl should support that. Um no... when your feelings are based on hysteria, your partner does not have to validate that nonsense. 

So in conclusion... they both suck. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Chalby said:

I agree with your impression of Carl. I found he was extremely manipulative this season and very intentional to ensure cameras recorded his "side". Although lots is faked, I did think that Lindsay was oblivious to the fact that Carl was geared up to get out of a wedding. She looked so confused during that last kitchen argument.

I watched two completely different people.  I doubt if Carl's "very intentional" camera manipulation is an actual fact.  Lindsay (Lindsey?) is oblivious to nothing.

11 hours ago, dancingdreamer said:

I think  everyone  saw what Carl put up with, and why he decided marriage  to Lindsay  was all sorts of wrong. I know he's no angel, but I felt  sorry for him. I hope he finds someone,  obviously  Lindsay  has already found her Mr Wonderful.

How many does THAT make?  Pleeze, let's not watch another human be cannibalized on this show.

55 minutes ago, DallasDiva243 said:

And Andy- you suck as a host. Why don't you just say this whole thing is all Lindsey's fault and just get it over with. You hate her and protect your little misogynistic boys over and over and over. 

He "hates" her now because he used to enjoy/promote her.  HE feels blindsided by her chronic cruelty...he was BLINDED by her "beauty," style, and wealthy appearance (the most important things in his life).

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, Back Atcha said:

He "hates" her now because he used to enjoy/promote her.

It was clear that Andy definitely appears to feel a certain type of way about Lindsay.

At first I thought it was due to his typical misogyny then I remembered how she allegedly yelled at one of the BravoCon interns & threw a shoe at a producer. More likely that's why he's so anti-Lindsay.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, angelamh66 said:

I just cannot with Lindsay's continued insistence that she was blindsided. She was just blind to what was going on. Carl said a few times that he was having second thoughts so how is she blindsided? I think she is using the wrong word. What she probably means is that she feels humiliated that he broke up with her on camera and that, I think, is a valid feeling. Maybe just say that. 

I have always disliked Lindsay. But that didn't stop me from seeing what Carl was doing this season. I absolutely think he was laying the groundwork to break up. That said, Lindsay lost me yet again when she was arguing that she was entitled to her feelings about being in the Lyft with just the guys and Carl should support that. Um no... when your feelings are based on hysteria, your partner does not have to validate that nonsense. 

But shortly before the breakup she asked him if he still wanted to get married and he said Yes.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, angelamh66 said:

Um no... when your feelings are based on hysteria, your partner does not have to validate that nonsense. 

Yes, he does. It's like when you're so engrossed in what you're doing that you don't notice when your partner comes into the room. That person speaks, and it scares the shit out of you. You feel fear, and the feeling is genuine, even though you aren't in any danger. Same thing with Lindsay and Carl in the car. Whether or not he thought her feelings were justified, he needed to understand that they were real to her and not blow her off.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, politichick said:

She's more grand in everything.  She makes more money.  She has better ideas (for his life). She's prettier and more fashionable. She's more passionate (and willing to broadcast his "shortcomings").  She's more INFLUENCIAL.  She got a New Man immediately--just to prove herself to us...and herself.  She SUCKS big time ... more than anyone on the series.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, politichick said:

But shortly before the breakup she asked him if he still wanted to get married and he said Yes.

This reminds me of my ex-daughter-in-law who actually gave "a testimony" in her church.  Videotaped, and published on social media.  She broadcast that she "had to" leave my son and the marriage because SHE wanted children and HE did not. That's not the complete story.

What happened was that he said he didn't think they should have children while they were still struggling in marriage counseling.  He hadn't come to the point where he was willing to say, "I've always wanted kids; I don't think I should have them with you."  SOOO...maybe Carl still wanted to get married (some day) when Lindsey asked ... just not to her at that time. 

• Like 2

Lol Paige did not look adoringly at Kyle and Amanda. Her and Ciara are biting their tongue because Amanda is their friend. Ciara even commented about how Kyle is a dj now. It’s a fucking joke. Lindsey and Carl are for sure crazy but Kyle gets a pass somehow treating his wife like garbage because she was depressed. Like what. Kyle is a drunk and constantly lashes out but it’s ok somehow. Fuck this dumb show.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
(edited)

Amanda, and Kyle said she was depressed and it became worse after they got married! Isn't this the time to be happier? I think he was responsible. 

And like others mentioned, his abusive behavior toward Amanda ON THE SHOW was not discussed. Why not?

Carl brought the Bravo cameras to their apartment to break up with Lindsey. He could do it in private since the regular filming season was over. He did it to humiliate her, and quite possibly in order to promote himself as a Bravo lapdog/yesman.

West cared about how the public (mostly women) would perceive him. Well, he is not liked anymore, but some women will send him DMs anyway. And he used Ciara to solidify his position on the group.

It says something if cutting Kyle's mullet at the reunion was one of the most interesting aspects of it. He looked better after, of course.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 5
(edited)
On 6/14/2024 at 12:33 PM, DallasDiva243 said:

This reunion just sucked. Kyle is the worst. Where was the footage of him calling Amanda a f***ing b**** and all of that. How did they just gloss right over that whole thing. Why isn't he getting the same treatment that Lindsey is getting? Oh it's okay because she was depressed and bringing him down... why do you think she's depressed! Kyle needs to do a lot of growing up and is just a sucky person. 

All of this. Everyone licking Carl and Kyle's boot was something else. They don't have to like Lindsay but it's hard to handle the fact that they will just go after her over and over while acting like Kyle and Carl are perfect. It's literally insane lol.

On 6/14/2024 at 3:23 PM, politichick said:

Right! I noticed they edited that little bit out when they showed that scene in the reunion. 

10 hours ago, ZettaK said:

West cared about how the public (mostly women) would perceive him. Well, he is not liked anymore, but some women will send him DMs anyway. And he used Ciara to solidify his position on the group.

I feel like he seemed so angry at the reunion during the little shots I saw of him after the Ciara situation was talked about and I think it's because he realized he was not going to be as well liked by the audience anymore. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
On 6/14/2024 at 12:45 AM, Back Atcha said:

Haven't watched it yet, but I'm SO GLAD to read this. I don't like her either. She's a dangerous angry woman. The chip(s) on her shoulders have been there ever since early childhood. Apparently nothing will help. Hope New Guy enjoys being a Whipping Boy. Hope WE don't have to watch her antics...ever again.  Andy seemed (originally) to really like her; I don't think he feels the same.  I'm willing to quit watching if she's a "regular" next season.

I don't think any fans will miss Lindsey and at this point, most people in the house don't like her or get along with her. Honestly, I see no reason to bring her back unless Bravo wants to beat the dead horse some more and NONE of us want that. Her and Danielle need to move on, I'd say Kyle too but he isn't ready to grow up so he isn't going anywhere.+

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
9 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Haven't watched but I did need to know this one little tidbit.....  IS THE MULLET GONE FOR REAL????

Yes!

• LOL 1
On 6/15/2024 at 8:19 PM, ZettaK said:

Carl brought the Bravo cameras to their apartment to break up with Lindsey. He could do it in private since the regular filming season was over. He did it to humiliate her, and quite possibly in order to promote himself as a Bravo lapdog/yesman.

Andy Cohen explained that CARL doesn't have this power. He doesn't have cameras.  It's up to PRODUCTION to say when and where the cameras are working. If there were cameras filming in "their apartment," perhaps it was at the suggestion or with permission of Production...not your Lapdog Yesman, Carl.  the story you've repeated was more likely originated by Lindsey's PR people...to promote HER bidnesseseses.

On 6/13/2024 at 9:06 PM, Marley said:

He called the cameras back on purpose. Maybe production didn’t know but Carl did.

Is this Carl's production company?  Is this Carl's call to make?   Andy doesn't think so.

• Like 1
(edited)
23 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Andy Cohen explained that CARL doesn't have this power. He doesn't have cameras.  It's up to PRODUCTION to say when and where the cameras are working. If there were cameras filming in "their apartment," perhaps it was at the suggestion or with permission of Production...not your Lapdog Yesman, Carl.  the story you've repeated was more likely originated by Lindsey's PR people...to promote HER bidnesseseses.

Is this Carl's production company?  Is this Carl's call to make?   Andy doesn't think so.

But Carl knew that if he told production that he wanted to discuss something AFTER season filming was over, when everybody was aware his relationship was not good, production would JUMP at the chance of bringing the cameras over. This was said at the reunion, as well.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3
On 6/17/2024 at 12:48 PM, Back Atcha said:

Andy Cohen explained that CARL doesn't have this power. He doesn't have cameras.  It's up to PRODUCTION to say when and where the cameras are working.

Yes, that's what Andy Cohen said. It was totally irrelevant. No one said Carl could demand that production come and film. All he had to do was say he was going to have a serious talk with Lindsay, and they would show up. The issue is he could have chosen not to make that call and he didn't.

• Like 3

I see in the intro to this thread that last week was the last of the Summer House reunion.

I honestly thought there was another week of it, but there isn't.  It was that anti-climactic and stupid I really thought the good stuff would be this week.  What this tells me is there was no there there and the producers really need to think about what any subsequent seasons will look like.

The entire season was wrapped around the break up.  Surely there was more to the show than that.

• Like 2
On 6/19/2024 at 12:10 PM, Passing Strange said:

Yes, that's what Andy Cohen said. It was totally irrelevant. No one said Carl could demand that production come and film. All he had to do was say he was going to have a serious talk with Lindsay, and they would show up. The issue is he could have chosen not to make that call and he didn't.

I don't think it's all so cut and dry.  Does Carl have this sort of clout...over photographers AND producers?

Hubbard called the breakup “humiliating” in an exclusive November 2023 interview with Us Weekly, claiming that Radke, 39, called producers to “manipulate me into sitting down [so he could break up with me] after we’d already wrapped,” adding, “The whole world found out within 30 minutes of me.”

2 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Does Carl have this sort of clout...over photographers AND producers?

It's not about clout; it's about a good story. Any cast member can call production and say, "X event is about to happen." Then, it's up to production to decide if they want to shoot. Carl didn't need any kind of authority to get the cameras to the apartment for that talk. All he had to do was offer a juicy story.

• Like 3
17 hours ago, Passing Strange said:

It's not about clout; it's about a good story. Any cast member can call production and say, "X event is about to happen." Then, it's up to production to decide if they want to shoot. Carl didn't need any kind of authority to get the cameras to the apartment for that talk. All he had to do was offer a juicy story.

Andy was full of it when discussing this topic. Yes, a cast member can call production to get cameras back up. How do we know this? The last episode of the Scandoval season on VPR proves this to be true. Only reason they started filming so soon after is because ARIANA called production and told them to bring back cameras! She didn't want to give Sandoval time to spin a story to the media or come up with excuses at the reunion. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
On 6/21/2024 at 10:00 AM, Katie W said:

Andy was full of it when discussing this topic.

Andy was "full of it...."   Was that full of IGNORANCE?

Full of B.S.?   Is no one in "Production" responsible for allowing cameras to go anywhere/anytime?

On 6/20/2024 at 4:22 PM, Passing Strange said:

Carl didn't need any kind of authority to get the cameras to the apartment for that talk. All he had to do was offer a juicy story.

And if any cast member decides he/she has been defamed (libel?) by being "blindsided" by the appearance of cameras/operators, whom does he/she sue?

On 6/19/2024 at 12:10 PM, Passing Strange said:

The issue is he could have chosen not to make that call and he didn't.

He didn't...

1.  Choose to not make a call aka, do nothing.

2. Make the call.  Didn't he say he didn't call anyone?

13 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Andy was "full of it...."   Was that full of IGNORANCE?

Full of B.S.?   Is no one in "Production" responsible for allowing cameras to go anywhere/anytime?

And if any cast member decides he/she has been defamed (libel?) by being "blindsided" by the appearance of cameras/operators, whom does he/she sue?

He didn't...

1.  Choose to not make a call aka, do nothing.

2. Make the call.  Didn't he say he didn't call anyone?

They sign contracts about not suing other cast members, and they wouldn't sue Bravo/the production company because they would lose their job (because it is a job). We saw it happening so many times on different Bravo shows. Cast members were ambushed, physically attacked, sexually harassed, etc., and nothing happened/they didn't sue. Only Caroline Manzo sued another cast member, Bravo, Peacock, and a couple of production companies recently for being sexually harassed by Brandi Granville on Ultimate Girls Trip. She knows that she will never be on a Bravo show ever again, not that she wants to, that's why she did it.

• Useful 3
On 6/23/2024 at 2:43 PM, Back Atcha said:

Is no one in "Production" responsible for allowing cameras to go anywhere/anytime?

Of course, they are. Andy said that, and he acknowledged that we know it, too.  Again, no one is saying Carl had any special power over production. We're saying he knew what bait to offer. 

On 6/23/2024 at 2:43 PM, Back Atcha said:

Didn't he say he didn't call anyone?

He didn't deny that he made the call, nor did Andy or Kyle. In fact, Andy's distraction tactic seemed to confirm that Carl did make the call.

• Like 3
On 6/24/2024 at 7:38 PM, Passing Strange said:

Of course, they are. Andy said that, and he acknowledged that we know it, too.  Again, no one is saying Carl had any special power over production. We're saying he knew what bait to offer. 

So, Production is allowed to take "bait" from anyone without consequences?  Well...Lindsey's CONSEQUENCES, of course--but anyone else?

5 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

So, Production is allowed to take "bait" from anyone without consequences? 

Yes. We've already established that. 👇🏻

On 6/17/2024 at 12:48 PM, Back Atcha said:

It's up to PRODUCTION to say when and where the cameras are working.

On 6/27/2024 at 2:22 AM, Back Atcha said:

By what "authoritah"?

So there's no misunderstanding, you said:

On 6/26/2024 at 5:09 PM, Back Atcha said:

So, Production is allowed to take "bait" from anyone without consequences? 

And I responded with your own answer:

On 6/17/2024 at 12:48 PM, Back Atcha said:

It's up to PRODUCTION to say when and where the cameras are working.

So, you should know what authority prompted you to say this. I don't think we need to keep going around and around on this. I haven't seen one person, including me, disagree with you that production has authority, so let's just agree to agree.