Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E13: More

• Start Topic

As the months long investigation into the serial killer reaches its close, Voight must outsmart the offender in a race against the clock. Upton must make a vital decision.

Airdate: 05/22/2024

This is the season finale. 

(edited)

This episode was an embodiment of everything that I have come to not like about this show. The focus on Hailey and previously to an extent Jay to the detriment of the team. It's like Hailey and Voight were in their own little episode. Then they take it a step more with the whole daddy/daughter stuff. Glad Hailey is gone, I'm looking forward to what the show will look like without her.  And she didn't even say goodbye to none of the team. 

Edited by mommalib
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1

I've barely watched PD this season because the whole show has become boring. I tuned in tonight only to see how it would end. I'm just glad that Hailey didn't reunite with Jay, and my head fantasy can maintain that Jay found Erin in Bolivia... 

• Like 3

Thank god that is over.

What I find amusing is that so many 'fans' refused to see that her core relationship was always with Voight, & Upstead was bought in to be the antagonist (for want of a better word) to her relationship with Voight because she was the contination to the Erin/Voight relationship they never got to tell.

They wanted their fanfic ending, nobody on this show has ever got a fanfic ending. 

'But she deserved better, it was disrespectful'.... like Al, Antonio, & Erin before her.... and what about the disrespect to basically ignore the entire rest of the team for a whole season.

Good riddance to bad rubbish, I wish Tracy well but I won't miss Hailey or her rabid fans.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Guildford said:

Good riddance to bad rubbish, I wish Tracy well but I won't miss Hailey or her rabid fans.

That’s about where I landed. I have no issues at all with Tracy but I’m very glad to be done with Hailey.

• Like 4

I’m shocked they resisted the urge to reunite her with Halstead. Especially since Jesse Lee Soffer seems to be always on set.

• Like 3

I am satisfied with Hailey's departure and how it was handled. But of course she and Voight left the hospital at least a day too early. (eyeroll). Loved Al showing up in Voight's head. I am looking forward to seeing how the team shakes out in future episodes.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, zoey1996 said:

I am satisfied with Hailey's departure and how it was handled. But of course she and Voight left the hospital at least a day too early. (eyeroll). Loved Al showing up in Voight's head. I am looking forward to seeing how the team shakes out in future episodes.

Voight is obviously a mutant... he lost almost his entire blood volume but managed to walk out with Hailey [who had a minor GSW]

• Like 1

Not the worst season finale but not a memorable one either.

The daddy/daughter thing is BS and Voight’s speedy recovery is absurd. Both of them have made bad decisions - Voight not calling the “pseudo daughter” and Hailey surrendering to Frank Matson.

The only best part is the surprise cameo by Alvin Olinsky. Glad to see him but man… it’s still hurt. He didn’t deserve to die because Voight needed trauma. Damn you, writers! 💔

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DonnaMae said:

I was hoping the season would end happily with an Adam and Kim wedding (sigh).  Maybe next year.

Other cop show HR rules would force one spouse to transfer out of the unit... The Aquarium Store could be booked on short notice...

Matson should have bought some Powerball tickets after Upton showed up. He put out 3 phones but was waiting at the correct site... and Upton has the only tracking device but Petrovic searches in the opposite direction.

18 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

The only best part is the surprise cameo by Alvin Olinsky. Glad to see him but man… it’s still hurt. He didn’t deserve to die because Voight needed trauma. Damn you, writers! 💔

So true !

• Like 1

I thought it was good but they really laid it on thick with that Father/Daughter thing. Hailey left in a way that was good. Nothing too crazy, just a change of careers. 

Lets see what future seasons look like without her. 

• Like 2

I wouldn't mind if sober Petrovic joins the team. Too old to be a daughter surrogate for Voight!

I actually think it'd be interesting to see her and Burgess work together.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Nintra16 said:

Lets see what future seasons look like without her. 

Well, at least I won't have to call the show Upton PD any more. 

• Like 5
11 hours ago, threebluestars said:

I wouldn't mind if sober Petrovic joins the team. Too old to be a daughter surrogate for Voight!

I actually think it'd be interesting to see her and Burgess work together.

Despite her sobriety, Petrovic freezes up and gets Burgess killed... Voight & Ruzek become co-parents...

• LOL 3
(edited)

I was genuinely surprised to see Hypovolemic Shock!Al show up in Voight’s head. Not putting Elias Koteas’s name in the opening credits to preserve the surprise was a good decision.

I think I was disappointed only that Al didn’t get to snark to his old partner about how “getting shanked sucks, don’t it?”

That probably makes me a bad person.

I think the writers basically painted themselves into a corner with Upton, so there was nothing else to do with the character— but the father/daughter dynamic that the episode kept telling us existed was a poor retrofit to what previous seasons actually established between them. It felt slapdash to me.

Edited by Sandman
  • Like 1
On 5/29/2024 at 1:06 PM, Sandman said:

I think I was disappointed only that Al didn’t get to snark to his old partner about how “getting shanked sucks, don’t it?”

Perfect !

I want Al back and that's all there is to it. Don't care how they do it, just get him back.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 5/23/2024 at 9:47 AM, paigow said:

Voight must be a Game Of Thrones fan...

Yep, that's precisely where my mind went when I saw that. He went full Ser Gregor on Oberyn Martell.

13 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Perfect !

I want Al back and that's all there is to it. Don't care how they do it, just get him back.

Be careful what you wish for...

• Like 1
On 5/31/2024 at 4:48 PM, paigow said:

Be careful what you wish for...

Yeah -- CameBackWrong!Al would be a fearsome thing; far more disturbing than HypovolemicShock!Al, I would guess.