Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E17: Reunion, Part 2

• Start Topic

I don't care if he does claim to be in a relationship, Schwartz will sleep with Jo the first time he needs a ride to the airport.

• Like 4
  • LOL 11
4 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Ariana refused to communicate with Sandoval in PRIVATE in any possible way since Sandoval broke. They used their assistants to convey messages to each other, even regarding simple things, something that was shown on VR, as well. This year's reunion was the only chance for Sandoval to say anything because Ariana refused to talk to him during regular filming. She better leave VR, and stop living in the same house if she wants him to disappear. It seems to me she wants him to leave the show, and the house.

Sorry ZettaK, I think this would be how Sandoval would explain it and I don't agree.

38 minutes ago, Lassus said:

I'm not sure how narrow the path was, but they talked at the beach party and Tom was his normal douche so she told him fuck off for good.  And he was a massive douche in public during the entire aftermath prior to filming.  After that whole thing, why would one open themselves up to that?  And she still did at the beach and see what happened.

I do agree with this.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Ariana refused to communicate with Sandoval in PRIVATE in any possible way since Sandoval broke.

Dude has had ample time to apologize starting with their filmed discussion in last season's finale & the entire reunion. He instead chose to blame and insult her.

In the last year+, he could've sent her a text, email, letter. He could've written an apology note on the refrigerator, on the bathroom mirror, left a note on her car,  hired a sky writer to fly over the house even.

Why didn't he?  Because he's not at all sorry. He continues to blame anyone but himself for the situation. He doesn't see himself as the villain who caused this, he thinks he's a victim. He only cries because of how the backlash has affected his life. He's pathetic.

Edited by snarts
triple post
  • Like 10
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 8
  • Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Where in the timeline did Schwartz begin a relationship with Winter House costar Katie Flood? Schwartz says on the After Show that Katie Maloney did not have a problem with her.

Kristen says that it really surprised her to learn that Jo was staying with Schwartz and not with her. She reached out to Jo, asking what was going on with Schwartz. I think Jo was evasive and vague. Kristen pressed her. Jo continued with the frustrating replies. So then Kristen started sending a lot of aggressive texts. 

Winter House started filming right after the Scandoval news came out.  Sandoval was supposed to also film but got pulled.  Schwartz had to leave the house for a bit to come back to film the reunion.  

I think Katie just had a problem with Jo.  I've heard Kristen's take on things and Jo acted really shady during that time. She didn't find out they were living together until Katie texted her about it.  Jo completely ghosted Kristen when she moved in on Tom. She's also done some weird stuff recently; she's been messaging and calling Kristen's brother even though she doesn't speak to Kristen and lying to him about things.  Kristen's boyfriend has made the comparison of the Jo/Schwartz thing to Nextflix show "Baby Reinder." Yikes. 

Edited by Katie W
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, Katie W said:

Winter House started filming right after the Scandoval news came out.  Sandoval was supposed to also film but got pulled.  Schwartz had to leave the house for a bit to come back to film the reunion.  

I think Katie just had a problem with Jo.  I've heard Kristen's take on things, and Jo acted really shady during that time. She didn't find out they were living together until Katie texted her about it.  Jo completely ghosted Kristen when she moved in on Tom. She's also done some weird stuff recently; she's been messaging and calling Kristen's brother even though she doesn't speak to Kristen, and lying to him about things.  Kristen's boyfriend has made the comparison of the Jo/Schwartz thing to Netflix show "Baby Reindeer." Yikes. 

Thank you! Yes, I agree that Katie had a problem with Jo, specifically. She wasn’t going to set fire to every person Schwartz dated after the divorce. 
Jo claims innocence and that only Katie ganged up on her. Katie impressed me when she showed compassion for Jo at the reunion: Schwartz did lead Jo on and bread-crumbed her. Jo has since softened on Katie. But is still angry at Kristen, who was only being protective of Katie, in my opinion.

• Like 9
7 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Katie impressed me when she showed compassion for Jo at the reunion

Katie did do that but I thought Jo was too stupid to listen to her, just talked over Katie with her stupid schtick (kind of like Schwartz does) and seemed to miss entirely that Katie was being supportive.  (I'm not a Jo fan, don't like her mannerisms and "always-on" persona.)

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Remember the movie When Harry Met Sally? In it, Harry is explaining how he sees different types of girlfriends, and he tells Sally that she's the worst kind: High maintenance who thinks she's low maintenance.

This is Tom Schwartz to me -- basically a mean, passive aggressive assholey boyfriend/husband who thinks he's a a really nice guy. So nice to other people, but shitty to his partner -- the worst kind!

Katie's hating fed his assholery and Tom's assholery fed Katie's insecurity, which fed her hating. 

Neither of them receives my Human of the Year award.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3

I think Jo is a weirdo, and also that she's not equipped for tv.  Schwartz said that he enjoyed her last year because she wasn't interested in being on the show, but when she showed up this year it seemed to me that she was soooo excited to finally be on!  In her first scene she couldn't sit still or shut her yap at all.  But she's had years to watch the show and see how they treat each other, so acting so shocked about it was silly.  I do think Schwartz was a dick who led her on - she needs to run like her butt's on fire from him!

As far as Sandy and his apology - that's all about the show.  In real life when people do horrible things and break up that's the end of that - it's only on tv that they have to "work through it".  At the beginning of this season he was partying with his "band" and his real friends, which is what he's doing now as well, I'm sure.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

Katie did do that, but I thought Jo was too stupid to listen to her, just talked over Katie with her stupid schtick (kind of like Schwartz does) and seemed to miss entirely that Katie was being supportive.  (I'm not a Jo fan, don't like her mannerisms and "always-on" persona.)

YES!!! I have posted this a hundred times. But Jo reminds me so much of Kelly Killoren Bensimon, RHoNY. 

Jo kept saying, “What?!?” “What?!?” Someone (Andy?) had to clarify that when Katie watched Jo and Schwartz on the show, Katie felt sympathy for Jo, because Schwartz was sending so many mixed messages. But instead of feeling gratitude, Jo continued to feel hurt and sobby about Katie’s attitude. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
(edited)
On 5/23/2024 at 3:24 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Where in the timeline did Schwartz begin a relationship with Winter House costar Katie Flood? Schwartz says on the After Show that Katie Maloney did not have a problem with her.

Kristen says that it really surprised her to learn that Jo was staying with Schwartz and not with her. She reached out to Jo, asking what was going on with Schwartz. I think Jo was evasive and vague. Kristen pressed her. Jo continued with the frustrating replies. So then Kristen started sending a lot of aggressive texts. 

I think Jo did have a crush on Schwartz for many years and pounced as soon as she could. It’s kind of poetic that he Schwartzed her, the way he Schwartzed Katie. 

Heh. Katie says, “I raised him for twelve years. She can have at it.”

Winter House (which is on pause, and was most probably canceled due to low ratings) with Katie Flood on (S3) was filmed in April of 2023. The cast spent two weeks in Steamboat, Colorado.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Useful 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, princelina said:

I think Jo is a weirdo, and also that she's not equipped for tv.  Schwartz said that he enjoyed her last year because she wasn't interested in being on the show, but when she showed up this year it seemed to me that she was soooo excited to finally be on!  In her first scene she couldn't sit still or shut her yap at all.  But she's had years to watch the show and see how they treat each other, so acting so shocked about it was silly.  I do think Schwartz was a dick who led her on - she needs to run like her butt's on fire from him!

As far as Sandy and his apology - that's all about the show.  In real life when people do horrible things and break up that's the end of that - it's only on tv that they have to "work through it".  At the beginning of this season he was partying with his "band" and his real friends, which is what he's doing now as well, I'm sure.

Schwartz liked Jo when she was not on the show because he is embarrassed to be (or be seen) with her as his girlfriend. That's why he had an issue when she was on, and claimed he wanted them to be friends only. He is such a follower- his friends don't think she is cool enough because she is awkward and weird. 

As for Sandoval, of course the apology is for the show. And it is what the cast and the producers wanted him to do.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 4

I must admit that I thought Ariana showed phenomenal restraint while defending herself to Lala. 

In the past, we have seen the arrogant, contemptuous body language and facial expressions, whenever she feels that someone is a threat or is trying to attack her. 

But the producers only showed one moment (You are louder than everyone else, and, therefore, you are right), during which she looked slightly haughty. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

Katie was angry at Rachel, as well, not only Jo, for a potential showmance (because that's what it would be). I think that production, which didn't know about Sandoval's affair wanted to push a storyline with Schwartz and Rachel. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I must admit that I thought Ariana showed phenomenal restraint while defending herself to Lala. 

Because Ariana has no f's left to give with this show or with Lala.  Lala is superiorly jealous of what's happened with Ariana that didn't happen with Lala.  Lala spends her entire life justifying her existence and how she's so important and she cannot get elected dog catcher.  Nobody cares about Lala.  And that just burns her to no end.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, ZettaK said:

I think that production, which didn't know about Sandoval's affair

Why do I think Production DID know.  After all, they're following these chucklekfucks with cameras all the time.  Wouldn't they know things are going on.  And Scheana and her tracking.  Certainly she kept tabs on Rachel.  Didn't she catch on that she was at Sandoval's while Ariana was away.

This is why there are moments where I think we're all being played for suckers by this cast and crew.  I just think that Rachel threw a curve ball into the script when she didn't want to come back.  They all want to be actors - there's no reason to believe a lot of this bullshit is genuine.  

I know, I know....put your tinfoil hat back on and go find a corner, Carolina......you haven't had enough coffee yet.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
(edited)
On 5/22/2024 at 7:22 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Lala disappoints me. I used to really like her. 

But I was very happy that she told Schwartz that he gaslighted Jo. Because he absolutely did. And it is hurtful to Jo that he now seems so proud of his relationship with the youngster Sophia.

He was awful. I couldn't believe he sat there in front of everyone still gaslighting Jo. Sheesh! If he's like this in public, imagine how he was with her alone. 

Speaking of Katie, she really is an assassin of joy, isn't she? What a vicious bitch. She owes Jo a real apology for how she treated her.

Katie needs to turn her viciousness down to 11. She comes across like an absolute psycho. She thinks she's entitled to lash out at anyone anytime, but her treatment of Jo is beyond.

She's hard to like. If I worked someone with like her, I'd be so frustrated and walk the other way when I saw her coming. She'd be the person hanging out in the break room complaining about everyone and everything. 

“Katie’s always herself. She has been for eleven seasons. And she’s been hated for it.”

Lala called it. Talk about a backhanded compliment... 

Lisa needs to just go home lol she’s not needed

She's a background player now that none of them work for her. Only reason she was on stage is because the show is named after her. 

I cannot stand Sandoval but Adriana needs to take it down a new notches. He did not try to murder her dog. He was careless letting the dog into her room, and she was careless (and sloppy) leaving food out where it's accessible. 

I don't care if he does claim to be in a relationship, Schwartz will sleep with Jo the first time he needs a ride to the airport.

Years ago there was a guy in my "friend group" who would sleep with one of the women in the group when he had nothing better going on. He even told a few of us that he liked her but wasn't that attracted to her. She was really hung up on him and would wait until the end of the evening to see if he'd go home with her. It was sad. Schwartz's treatment of Jo reminds me of this guy. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 4
3 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Why do I think Production DID know.  After all, they're following these chucklekfucks with cameras all the time.  Wouldn't they know things are going on.  And Scheana and her tracking.  Certainly she kept tabs on Rachel.  Didn't she catch on that she was at Sandoval's while Ariana was away.

This is why there are moments where I think we're all being played for suckers by this cast and crew.  I just think that Rachel threw a curve ball into the script when she didn't want to come back.  They all want to be actors - there's no reason to believe a lot of this bullshit is genuine.  

I know, I know....put your tinfoil hat back on and go find a corner, Carolina......you haven't had enough coffee yet.  

I dunno, Caroline.  Sandoval et al can contrive ways to avoid the cameras after all this time.  And tracking would not have told u no more than they were together, which they admitted to.  They hung out.

people mostly don’t want to see that stuff.  “Friends”

on the other hand, cool beans if they knew.. so what?

the move was correct.  It was a trainwreck waiting to happen.  Just let it go.

just a thought about Jo.  Kelly Bensimmon was a nightmare I do not want to revisit.  She was driven crazy by jealousy and Jill and some combo of pills and juice.  Jo is just in love and Tom has encouraged her.  I doubt it’s Baby Reindeer, where the parties were neither friends nor lovers.  Kristen has done worse to her exes.  Jmho

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Scheana said that one of the things that made her start to question Tom and Rachel was that Rachel turned off her location tracking. She turned it off the weekend Jo, Rachel and the Toms all went up to Big Bear. Scheana wasn't aware of that at the time but did start to question Rachel on why she had turned it off. 

I just read about Kristen's podcast and she said that Jo and Tom were definitely lying at the reunion about why and how long Jo stayed with him.  Luke (Kristen's boyfriend) also brought up that Jo used to lie and say she does Aaron Rodgers hair and that he flies her out to Wisconsin to do it.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Katie W said:

Luke (Kristen's boyfriend) also brought up that Jo used to lie and say she does Aaron Rodgers hair and that he flies her out to Wisconsin to do it.  

Ohhh, is that what that line about Aaron Rodgers was about?

• Like 3
On 5/22/2024 at 10:01 PM, b2H said:

Ariana has another show she is doing and won’t be available to film VR this summer.

I thought I read/heard that the show was going on extended hiatus after this season?

Frankly, the show has reached its shelf life anyway. There’s really nothing more to be said/done here. 

• Like 5
3 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

I thought I read/heard that the show was going on extended hiatus after this season?

It is. Mostly likely due to the fact that Ariana will be hosting Love Island and appearing on Broadway again. Much to Lala and Schaena's dismay I'm sure, Bravo isn't going to film without Ariana since she is a big draw.

On 5/24/2024 at 10:04 AM, SFoster21 said:

Just let it go.

Yeah - I'm thinking I need to find new things to bother me.  

4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Much to Lala and Schaena's dismay I'm sure, Bravo isn't going to film without Ariana since she is a big draw.

Which is hilarious in light of Lala's idiot quip that her back hurt from her having to "carry" the show this season.  

8 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Frankly, the show has reached its shelf life anyway. There’s really nothing more to be said/done here. 

Which does make you wonder if this "hiatus" due to Ariana's commitments is just the prelude to a cancellation in about four months.  I wonder if Lala and Scheana are hard at work endeavoring to get in on The Valley.  

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

Which does make you wonder if this "hiatus" due to Ariana's commitments is just the prelude to a cancellation in about four months.  

We might feel like show has run its course but ratings don't lie. Why would Bravo cancel their highest rated show?

• Like 2
On 5/23/2024 at 3:24 AM, ZettaK said:

Ariana refused to talk to him during regular filming. She better leave VR, and stop living in the same house if she wants him to disappear. It seems to me she wants him to leave the show, and the house.

The deal to sell the house is in court.  She is in NYC so she isn’t living with him now.

• Like 4
(edited)
On 5/24/2024 at 9:51 AM, Carolina Girl said:

Production didn't know for some time, and no, they don't follow them all the time. The friends who are not real friends, and most didn't live near each other back then (Lala bought a house in Palm Springs later, Scheana lived in Marina Del Rey, and Palm Springs, Tom and Katie had separated and moved out of their house) started suspecting Sandoval and Rachel when filming for S10 was kind of close to wrapping (Ally after she saw Rachel with Sandoval at the Abbey, and Jax Taylor, Lala, and Sandoval's band manager after a Labor Day party which were not filmed in August and September 2022). Schena became suspicious of who was at the Big Bear trip on January 2023, months after filming ended because she was tracking Rachel's location on her phone. 

Edited by ZettaK
(edited)
On 5/24/2024 at 2:37 PM, Katie W said:

Scheana said that one of the things that made her start to question Tom and Rachel was that Rachel turned off her location tracking. She turned it off the weekend Jo, Rachel and the Toms all went up to Big Bear. Scheana wasn't aware of that at the time but did start to question Rachel on why she had turned it off.

And that happened months after filming for S10 ended, although some had suspected it toward the end of filming S10.

Edited by ZettaK
6 hours ago, snarts said:

We might feel like show has run its course but ratings don't lie. Why would Bravo cancel their highest rated show?

I’m about four episodes away from finally getting through this season, and I don’t know about the overall vibe here, but I’m finding it pretty “meh.” It can’t ride Scandoval forever. Maybe it picks up toward “Plot Twist.”

Bravo seems like it’s positioning “The Valley” to be the successor to VR — maybe that depends on how well “The Valley” does in the ratings. I’ve not watched much of it, but what I have seen reminds me a lot of VR in the early years, especially with Kristen stirring up trouble. VR is aging out and I think it may be time to call it a day.

11 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

It is. Mostly likely due to the fact that Ariana will be hosting Love Island and appearing on Broadway again. Much to Lala and Schaena's dismay I'm sure, Bravo isn't going to film without Ariana since she is a big draw.

I knew she was doing a series, but I wasn’t sure of the schedule. Ariana really doesn’t need VR anymore.

• Like 2
(edited)

Originally, I wanted Ariana to stay so Sandoval wouldn’t have the satisfaction of edging her out of the group, but now seeing that she has all these opportunities, and that most of her real friends are not in the cast, I’d like to see her leave just so that Scandoval would be done and the rest of the cast would be grasping at straws trying to come up with new storylines until the show is mercifully cancelled.

Edited by Kiki777
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

I’m about four episodes away from finally getting through this season, and I don’t know about the overall vibe here, but I’m finding it pretty “meh.” It can’t ride Scandoval forever. Maybe it picks up toward “Plot Twist.”

Bravo seems like it’s positioning “The Valley” to be the successor to VR — maybe that depends on how well “The Valley” does in the ratings. I’ve not watched much of it, but what I have seen reminds me a lot of VR in the early years, especially with Kristen stirring up trouble. VR is aging out and I think it may be time to call it a day.

The Valley has a lot of cast members who have no experience in reality TV, so their storylines are not fake, or rehearsed. 

VR might continue with a new cast, or get canceled.

• Like 2
On 5/23/2024 at 9:08 AM, snarts said:

Dude has had ample time to apologize starting with their filmed discussion in last season's finale & the entire reunion. He instead chose to blame and insult her.

In the last year+, he could've sent her a text, email, letter. He could've written an apology note on the refrigerator, on the bathroom mirror, left a note on her car,  hired a sky writer to fly over the house even.

Why didn't he?  Because he's not at all sorry. He continues to blame anyone but himself for the situation. He doesn't see himself as the villain who caused this, he thinks he's a victim. He only cries because of how the backlash has affected his life. He's pathetic.

Have you noticed that whenever he has come near any kind of apology or acknowledgment that all of this is his fault, he always follows it with a “but…” I am sick of his constant whatabouttery and pointing fingers, and I cheered when Scheana called him out on that. He knows how to manipulate and even Lisa falls for it. Nothing about that asshole is genuine. The fact that he is crying over Rachel dumping him is pathetic. The player wound up getting played. He needs to take acting lessons if he wants to make his bullshit believable. The shifty eyes, looking down, hanging of the head, and trite phrases don’t work anymore.

But living well is the best revenge, and while Ariana does Broadway, Tom and the Most Extras will be doing “Take On Me” covers.

Yes, we all may have gotten played by what we’ve seen, but I’m just going on face value.

13 hours ago, ZettaK said:

The Valley has a lot of cast members who have no experience in reality TV, so their storylines are not fake, or rehearsed. 

VR might continue with a new cast, or get canceled.

As I said, I’ve not been following it closely, but what I have seen reminds me of the 0-to-60 fights that used to be staples of VR back in the day. The fact of the cross-pollination of master shitstirrers Jax and Kristen tell me where I think Bravo wants to go with this.

• Like 6
On 5/25/2024 at 6:39 AM, RoseAllDay said:

Just move them all over to The Valley 😂

• Applause 1
6 minutes ago, princelina said:

Just move them all over to The Valley 😂

That’s what I’m thinking. At least that would drop the joke that they’re all struggling waiters and bartenders trying to make it in LA. VR is dead. Jax — if he said it — was right. Lisa was superfluous or suferfluous (spelling according to him) this season, other than guilt-tripping people into feeling sorry for Sandoval.

Lala as a single parent of two would be a show in Bravo’s wheelhouse, but Rand would shut that down pretty quick. So if they want to keep this clownshow going, The Valley it is.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
15 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:Lala as a single parent of two would be a show in Bravo’s wheelhouse, but Rand would shut that down pretty quick. So if they want to keep this clownshow going, The Valley it is.

Oh yuck - is Lala gonna put her second child on the show while Ocean hides in the other room?  How is that gonna work out?  Because she definitely will be using this baby for a storyline.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
On 5/25/2024 at 5:37 PM, ZettaK said:

Production didn't know for some time, and no, they don't follow them all the time. The friends who are not real friends, and most didn't live near each other back then (Lala bought a house in Palm Springs later, Scheana lived in Marina Del Rey, and Palm Springs, Tom and Katie had separated and moved out of their house) started suspecting Sandoval and Rachel when filming for S10 was kind of close to wrapping (Ally after she saw Rachel with Sandoval at the Abbey, and Jax Taylor, Lala, and Sandoval's band manager after a Labor Day party which were not filmed in August and September 2022). Schena became suspicious of who was at the Big Bear trip on January 2023, months after filming ended because she was tracking Rachel's location on her phone. 

I'm going to start DM'ing you before I talk about Production!  You have REALLY got the 4-1-1.

On 5/25/2024 at 12:05 PM, b2H said:

The deal to sell the house is in court.  She is in NYC so she isn’t living with him now.

I seem to recall that she HAS purchased another house, hasn't she?  And not in "the Valley" but somewhere nearer to Beverly Hills.  I seem to recall that they all bought homes out there except Stassi - who I think purchased one in Hollywood?  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
32 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

I'm going to start DM'ing you before I talk about Production!  You have REALLY got the 4-1-1.

I seem to recall that she HAS purchased another house, hasn't she?  And not in "the Valley" but somewhere nearer to Beverly Hills.  I seem to recall that they all bought homes out there except Stassi - who I think purchased one in Hollywood?  

Ariana bought a house in the Hollywood Hills. She didn't move in yet (or at least not when she was on Watch What Happens Live a couple of weeks ago). Stassi bought a house in the Hollywood Hills, as well. The rest of the main cast lives north, on the other side of the Hills (Beverly, Hollywood, etc.).

(edited)
On 5/23/2024 at 9:08 AM, snarts said:

He apologized in public, but I guess not enough for some people who are not satisfied. I think he got tired of the ridiculous reaction to the scandal (it's something that happened many times before on this show, even by Ariana) which was fueled by specific posts on blogs, social media, etc.

On 5/23/2024 at 10:18 AM, Katie W said:

I think Katie just had a problem with Jo.  I've heard Kristen's take on things and Jo acted really shady during that time. She didn't find out they were living together until Katie texted her about it.  Jo completely ghosted Kristen when she moved in on Tom. She's also done some weird stuff recently; she's been messaging and calling Kristen's brother even though she doesn't speak to Kristen and lying to him about things.  Kristen's boyfriend has made the comparison of the Jo/Schwartz thing to Nextflix show "Baby Reinder." Yikes. 

Sandoval was seen in Steamboat (Springs), Colorado the second week of filming Winter House, but he didn't film after all.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
On 5/27/2024 at 6:31 AM, RoseAllDay said:

As I said, I’ve not been following it closely, but what I have seen reminds me of the 0-to-60 fights that used to be staples of VR back in the day. The fact of the cross-pollination of master shitstirrers Jax and Kristen tell me where I think Bravo wants to go with this.

Maybe, but it's really dull IMO.  

17 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

VR is dead.

I will repeat that while what the hell do I know about the inner workings of BRAVO, it is still their highest-rated show.  Businesses don't just shut down their highest-selling locations.  I could be wrong, but I'd be legitimately surprised if it's over.

• Like 2
(edited)
17 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Oh yuck - is Lala gonna put her second child on the show while Ocean hides in the other room?  How is that gonna work out?  Because she definitely will be using this baby for a storyline.

Because she is the only single woman on the planet who has had a child through sperm donation. But as Bravo-y as such a show may sound, I doubt it will happen. 

24 minutes ago, Lassus said:

Maybe, but it's really dull IMO.  

I will repeat that while what the hell do I know about the inner workings of BRAVO, it is still their highest-rated show.  Businesses don't just shut down their highest-selling locations.  I could be wrong, but I'd be legitimately surprised if it's over.

I scan-read a Brian Moylan column this morning that said Bravo isn’t done with VR, but how much more can they squeeze from these people? IIRC, Moylan said this season’s ratings are down from last year (quelle surprise) but still good. As I said in another thread, I found this season “meh” overall, with the exception of maybe Plot Twist. 

Now that I’m finally caught up on VR, I may check out The Valley. Just not a fan of Jax, Brit, or Kristen, TBH. 

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Like 2
6 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

I scan-read a Brian Moylan column this morning that said Bravo isn’t done with VR, but how much more can they squeeze from these people?

I've been surprised for a very long time that hey haven't been able to turn over the cast with any reliability over the last 4 or 5 years.  I think - like recruiting for various already-comfortable businesses - they simply don't put any effort into it, and it shows.

1 hour ago, Lassus said:

I've been surprised for a very long time that hey haven't been able to turn over the cast with any reliability over the last 4 or 5 years.  I think - like recruiting for various already-comfortable businesses - they simply don't put any effort into it, and it shows.

It seems they try to bring on fresh blood, but they don’t seem to give them much of a chance. (Ally has been an exception the past few seasons.)

Moylan made some reference to VR becoming like Below Deck…a cast turnover every so often. Don’t know about you, but my interest in BD went 👎after Kate Chastain and Eddie Lucas left. I also liked Captain Lee, although I know he wasn’t everybody’s cup o’tea (neither was Kate, but to each their own). So I imagine the same would happen with VR. Sometimes it’s just better to end it. It will live on in reruns and Peacock.

• Like 2