Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: There Will Be Bloodwork

• Start Topic

St. Mary's is on Phalanx Rd. by 34.  That's Colts Neck.  The only Catholic church in Holmdel is St. Catherine's which is my old parish. 

I agree with you about the priests.  That's why I don't think they were told the full story about what was to be filmed.  I just can't imagine the parish agreeing to that.  

YES! that's the one I pass.  I could NOT remember the name of the road.  Every road in NJ is a number.  After a while, you feel like you're in a bad math class and give up.  It's a nice looking parish.  Love the landscaping

I had never heard of Holmdel till about a year or so ago when my cousin fell in love with a fellow P90X trainer and moved there, he said it was a very nice area, I guess it makes sense that Ambah and Tiny Jim live near there, but filming in a church on a holiday seems nuts and when you see them sitting in a pew there were hardly any other people there. Is it possible that Bravo recreated that Ash Wednesday on another day of the week? 

It looked like Bravo did multiple takes on the Ash Wednesday service.  The church probably told people there might be filming during one of the masses, so people may have stayed away if they didn't want to have to be part of that.  There were most likely several services for Ash Wednesday.  Also, in the scene where Amber leaves to call Theresa, the pews are completely empty.  I sense the usual level of "reality" re-shoots, etc. to capture the scenes they wanted.  

• Love 1

I was glad to see TeResa finally stand up for herself and her family and put the blame where it lies and that is with desperate Teresa Giudice who for five seasons now has been involved in unsubstantiated gossip.  Seasons 4, 5 and 6 only speak to the desperate levels Teresa will sink to create drama and grab herself a big fat paycheck.  For all the cast ramblings about Teresa being a good mother how does this gossip to destroy another woman and her family get overlooked?

Totally disagree. People crawled out of the woodwork to go after Melissa - Melissa's old bridesmaid for one and that Penny character and her husband. Kim D was just as big an sounding board for these wannabe famewhores as Teresa.

Just like Amber sitting there like a good soldier, so did Teresa (and Melissa this year sitting in the car while Amber spread the news about Twin 2 sleeping with a married guy). We'll never know what really happened at that hair salon brawl in Ridgewood last year and that seemed to involve Jacqueline and rumors about Caroline more than Melissa.

They are all grabbing big, fat paychecks at the expense of others and at the expense of their own families. Gossip blogs said Teresa wasn't so boring this season that they had to call in Victoria Gotti to amp things up. These reality shows are all about exposing shit, and by now they all know how it is played.  None of these people should be surprised about their secrets coming out.  I am shocked that all those rumors about Al Manzo and his girlfriend haven't made it to airtime and have just remained on forums.  This year especially, Teresa knows to show up, go where the producers tell her, film the scripted scene, and keep her mouth shut.  She needs the paycheck to pay the lawyers.

• Love 2
He's at least been out lately -- a bunch of people I know ran into him in some horrid "clubby" kind of bar near me last weekend.

He's probably sick of drinking Fabullini, and figures another idiot will buy his big-tittied felonious self a few rounds.

That is one savvy little brat, the type of kid that would repeat ALOT of what is said behind closed doors.

I'm waiting for her to drop a "Here comes my c*nt mom."

Edited by jaync
  • Love 5

Totally disagree. People crawled out of the woodwork to go after Melissa - Melissa's old bridesmaid for one and that Penny character and her husband. Kim D was just as big an sounding board for these wannabe famewhores as Teresa.

Just like Amber sitting there like a good soldier, so did Teresa (and Melissa this year sitting in the car while Amber spread the news about Twin 2 sleeping with a married guy). We'll never know what really happened at that hair salon brawl in Ridgewood last year and that seemed to involve Jacqueline and rumors about Caroline more than Melissa.

They are all grabbing big, fat paychecks at the expense of others and at the expense of their own families. Gossip blogs said Teresa wasn't so boring this season that they had to call in Victoria Gotti to amp things up. These reality shows are all about exposing shit, and by now they all know how it is played.  None of these people should be surprised about their secrets coming out.  I am shocked that all those rumors about Al Manzo and his girlfriend haven't made it to airtime and have just remained on forums.  This year especially, Teresa knows to show up, go where the producers tell her, film the scripted scene, and keep her mouth shut.  She needs the paycheck to pay the lawyers.

The first round of gossip the one about, "Melissa will leave my brother if a rich man comes along," was a total creation by Teresa and she admitted the same on TV.  Jacqueline was a stripper-when Joe was confronted by Chris he had to admit he was wrong.  The Giudices, big surprise make stuff up, be it loan documents or rumors to make themselves look better.  People crawling out of the woodwork with gossip always seem to know where to head if they want it televised-Teresa be it via Kim D. or now Victoria Gotti. 

Teresa and Kim D. have mentioned Al Manzo's alleged girlfriend on the air-problem is these two aren't credible and doubtful either has any firsthand knowledge.  Has Al admitted to the girlfriend, has the girlfriend stepped forward?  Never happened it was just a rumor Teresa, Kim D. and Penny wanted to perpetrate.  Contrast the Al rumor with the very real taped conversation of Joe Giudice in Napa.  That gave the producers something to work with.

This general storyline of gossip just doesn't work unless there are real players with real facts willing to lay it on the line.  All the folks going after Melissa came off as wannabees who were anxious to cash in on Melissa's fame.  One year she was a stripper and the next year she was cheating with someone whose story just never jelled. 

For some of these people in the periphery, it is devastation because their stories are cut and pasted and they look like fools, all in hopes of trying to cash in on a chance at RH fame.

To me, I feel that the allegation needs to proven.  They should have allowed Nicole to explain the "break up a home" allegation.  Teresa, Nicole, Santa and Rino to deny on camera-not wait 5-12 weeks between accusation and the other side's response.

• Love 4

A hundred years ago when I was still a catholic, masses weren't said at ash Wednesday services. Masses were somewhat "celebratory" events and that didn't square with the somberness of the lentil season. So that's why the church wasn't crowded and Amber could step out and make a call. She wasn't missing mass. However, she and her weird hubs missed the sign of the cross lessons. Oy.

The Holmdel/Colts Neck area of NJ is very pretty. I think Colts Neck has more money but they are both affluent areas.  Not too showy and gaudy. Not sure where Amber fits in there. Guess there's a hidden group! 

Think some old grogeous houses mixed with some new ones.  Horse farms.  Food farms.  Lots of trees. Some low hills.  

I live near but in a regular area. I'd love to live there. It has that country kinda feel.... 

Totally agree.  The ashes scene was filmed off hours with Amber on the phone.  I bet she drove there on a lonely day...her and the camera crew and did a few shoots of the scene. 

And, I certainly don't know Teresa Giudice's heart but she always professes to be Catholic and she has clearly mentioned her faith many times in the show. She was just filmed praying. Funny Teresa was having a major work out session without ashes on her head OR not at church, which would be very typical to take your kids for a LENTIL service after school, much like Amber was shown doing. Maybe Teresa went later but you know what I mean.  More evidence of a total set up & phony scene. 

I'm not Catholic and never was.  I know the correct way to make the sign of the cross.  And I am certain it is not Lentil but rather Lenten season.  Duh. I was raised in NY/NJ and am familiar with Catholic culture.  Making the sign of the cross is not complicated.  Melissa and Jim can't get it right? And that's OK if they aren't into religion.  But please, don't get on TV and claim to be all Catholic and then foul up the most basic Catholic things.  I

• Love 1

I wanted to respond too about the Laurita's " stealing" from a cancer charity issue. I think it's total bullshit (no offense, but seems to be constantly repeated as one of their major "wrongs"). I read all the Signature BK filings and the ones related to the civil case (last filing was 300+ pages - oh joy).

It was a license agreement with Susan B Komen. In exchange for being able to sell clothes with the trademark pink ribbon, Signature was going to give them a % of the profits with a minimum of $18K. Komen was listed as a creditor for only the $18K.

To me this means the clothes never ended up being produced or sold. The most recent filing by the plaintiff's really concerned Russell Simmon's partner (forget his actual name). It basically said that license agreement (not Komen's) was improperly transferred out of Signature (you bet it was) before the BK to the benefit of Mr. X (he also has much deeper pockets).

From what I could tell, there were concerns about retail floor space and clothing in warehouses they would lose access to if Signature went into BK. Maybe that's where Susan's pink ribbons ended up?

For the 8,000th time, not a lawyer - but none of the actual lawyers here (bitches) wanted to read the crap. Y'all better be on the Fabellini list.

I'm sure I lost everybody's attention three paragraphs ago - but it was 300+ pages.

• Love 4

I wanted to respond too about the Laurita's " stealing" from a cancer charity issue. I think it's total bullshit (no offense, but seems to be constantly repeated as one of their major "wrongs"). I read all the Signature BK filings and the ones related to the civil case (last filing was 300+ pages - oh joy).

It was a license agreement with Susan B Komen. In exchange for being able to sell clothes with the trademark pink ribbon, Signature was going to give them a % of the profits with a minimum of $18K. Komen was listed as a creditor for only the $18K.

To me this means the clothes never ended up being produced or sold. The most recent filing by the plaintiff's really concerned Russell Simmon's partner (forget his actual name). It basically said that license agreement (not Komen's) was improperly transferred out of Signature (you bet it was) before the BK to the benefit of Mr. X (he also has much deeper pockets).

From what I could tell, there were concerns about retail floor space and clothing in warehouses they would lose access to if Signature went into BK. Maybe that's where Susan's pink ribbons ended up?

For the 8,000th time, not a lawyer - but none of the actual lawyers here (bitches) wanted to read the crap. Y'all better be on the Fabellini list.

I'm sure I lost everybody's attention three paragraphs ago - but it was 300+ pages.

Thank you Jennifer.  It is an uphill battle explaining BK law.  Unfortunately, because of the Giudices committing fraud in their BK, there are many who assume the Signature Apparel (Or as I incorrectly referred to it-the Laurita company) is also committing fraud.  There are issues in the Signature Apparel case that seem to me like the plaintiff in the adversarial action is just trying to run up attorneys' fees in hopes of getting Signature Apparel to fold. 

• Love 1

Zoeysmom - while I do think there were some shady dealings in the Signature BK, Chris apparently did own a pretty substantial business (unlike Juicy Joe the house/pizza flipper). I have to agree that Chris and Jaq never really flaunted their wealth (when they had it) unlike the Giudice's who never really had it to begin with (at least legally). I remember Chris saying that he had all of his remaining eggs tied up in BLK. Teresa meanwhile, in a worse situation, was still making substantial renovations in her house (porte cochere!) and always needing a new outfit cause she couldn't be seen on TV in the same one twice.

That's what really bothers me.

• Love 1

I don't want to see Amber in her white eye liner talking head again. She looks like an ad for googly eyes or Betty Boop. And also...the drama every week about Teh Cancer. And also trying to be Theresa's best friend. Most of these folks make me impatient, but Amber and her tiny hubby bring me to the brink.

I feel like white eyeliner is something production does to people they don't like (based on Tamra).

Amber should give up talking about cancer for Lent. In all seriousness, it's not healthy to dwell on it that much. What she went through was awful, but it seems like it might be a good idea to see a therapist so that she can sort through her feelings.

Amber wrote a three page blog a great deal of which is devoted to "the cancer".  I feel for her going though it so young with small children but quite honestly having cancer is nothing like looking at probation or a prison sentence.  The more she tries to convince me , the more she fails. http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-jersey/season-6/blogs/amber-marchese/amber-on-her-cancer-scare?page=0,0&cid=show_cast_blogs

I'm not Catholic and never was.  I know the correct way to make the sign of the cross.  And I am certain it is not Lentil but rather Lenten season.  Duh. I was raised in NY/NJ and am familiar with Catholic culture.  Making the sign of the cross is not complicated.  Melissa and Jim can't get it right? And that's OK if they aren't into religion.  But please, don't get on TV and claim to be all Catholic and then foul up the most basic Catholic things.  I

I was born and raised Catholic, still am (to a certain extent, lol- I'm more the "cafeteria style" Catholic at this point). I was born in Brooklyn and raised in Staten Island- just over the bridge from these lunatics. There is a very strong cultural Catholic "pull" in the Italian American community in Jersey and NY. In other words, even if you just go to church enough to register your kids for CCD (you know, so you can throw stupidly huge First Communion parties that are as large as most weddings, for example) you DO know how to make the sign of the cross. I cannot stress how ridiculous it is that they don't have a clue what they are doing! They are NOT Orthodox, and there is no reason for them to do it with the right shoulder first. Amber and Jim are posers- they managed to be the only Italian Americans in NJ to not be able to even FAKE being Catholic.That is no small feat. IME even those who consider themselves to be "nominally" Catholic know that basic shit. I don't really care if they (or anyone else, for that matter)  are practicing or not- it's none of my business or concern. I do, however, have a problem when they present themselves as practicing and they don't know the first thing about the faith (literally the FIRST prayer we teach the kids is the Sign of the Cross, lol).

Don't get me started on "Lentil Season". 

• Love 3

I currently have "The Cancer". LOL. It totally blows but my situation is so small and insignificant in comparison to many other "The Cancer" sufferers I know. Hell, I don't even freaking talk about it at all after dealing for a year now. I think my family forgets half the time. Damn, I wish I could milk that shit a little bit every now and then. ;-) Amber is downright ridiculous. Obviously I know how scary and horrifying cancer is, and I'm not doubting that it was the worst experience of her life. That said, the way she overdramatizes and exaggerates EVERYTHING, I wonder if it really was at the stage she said it was. Anybody know? I know, that's shitty of me to say. Too damn bad.

I have also had The Cancer. Chemotherapy robbed me of my fertility (I have enough kids, so, for mem no big deal). It also damaged my optic nerve in my right eye, so at 43 I can no longer drive. Guess what? I've had associates that I've known for 5 or 6 six years, none of them know that I've had The Cancer. Amber is offensive and stupid,

• Love 6