Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E06: The Marathon Continues

• Start Topic

Airing May 2, 2024

Mika and Teddy receive a patient from a nearby penitentiary. Catherine pushes back on Link and Monica's treatment plan for a VIP. Bailey tries to integrate wellness into the residency program.

"Take your bags"...They're being paged to help with patients; what are they supposed to do with shopping bags filled with loose carrots and fidget spinners?

• Like 8
(edited)

I didn't get the significance of the final scene. Was Blue moving into Syd's room?

I may have the names wrong. My Grey's-names memory bank is running out of room.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

That was mostly a boring filler episode.  I wonder what is going on medically with the Chief this time? 

TIA's?

They seem to be doing a Mitch McConnell thing.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

It’s nice that Bailey spent her own time making them care packages but how does she not get that the interns need more support than snacks and toys? Obviously this is a system overhaul kind of thing, more than even she can do. It’s like they’ve been stuck in this loop for seasons and it’s stale. 

And other than Kwan and Simone cooking and bonding (did think Kwan’s insistence that Simone was lying at the beginning was odd) I zoned out a little. And what’s with Richard? Really hope they aren’t about to do another retirement rehash because not it’s boring & after 20 years of them teasing his exit, I’m not buying it until the actor officially announces his exit. 

• Like 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, choclatechip45 said:

Mostly a filler episode. I did like the prisoner storyline. 

Glad they didn't go the "dangerous prisoner escapes in hospital" route (which I was expecting when Teddy asked the officer to remove the handcuffs). I've read of similar real-life stories where prisoners developed symptoms and were given minimal treatment and no testing until it was too late. I know this country as a general rule doesn't have a lot of sympathy for people in prison, but slow death by undiagnosed metastasizing cancer shouldn't be part of anyone's sentence. And the only reason they brought him in was because they were afraid he might be contagious.

I actually spent a day in the hospital with an inmate from the county jail when I was a teenager. We were in the short stay unit (I was getting tubes in my ears), and he was down at the other end with two cops to keep him company all day. No idea what he was there for, but another patient who was a few years older than me was a couple beds over from him, and when they brought him in her mom asked the nurses to move them, so they were moved down to my end with me and a little girl (who was there for the same reason I was).

3 hours ago, babyrambo said:

It’s nice that Bailey spent her own time making them care packages but how does she not get that the interns need more support than snacks and toys? Obviously this is a system overhaul kind of thing, more than even she can do. It’s like they’ve been stuck in this loop for seasons and it’s stale. 

And then when they aren't sufficiently appreciative she takes it personally and sends them home. How does any student/intern/resident learn anything in this place when they're always being suspended or kicked out?

Edited by ams1001
  • Like 6
19 hours ago, JeanJean said:

I didn't get the significance of the final scene. Was Blue moving into Syd's room?

I think his name is Lucas, but yes, Blue was moving into his old room. I thought at first Lucas was going to walk in on the two of them hooking up, so I was glad they didn't go there. Doesn't that house have more than three bedrooms though, I am sure they could all fit.

I mean, at one point Meredith, Maggie, Amelia, and Meredith's three kids were living there. I think Linc and Scout were even there at some point too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, KaveDweller said:

I think his name is Lucas, but yes, Blue was moving into his old room.

What does it say about the show that we still can't get all their names straight?

• LOL 4

I hate the curly guy’s hair.  Every second teenaged boy  has that style…some with perms….he is too old to sport that style.  

• Like 2
9 hours ago, babyrambo said:

And other than Kwan and Simone cooking and bonding (did think Kwan’s insistence that Simone was lying at the beginning was odd) I zoned out a little. And what’s with Richard? Really hope they aren’t about to do another retirement rehash because not it’s boring & after 20 years of them teasing his exit, I’m not buying it until the actor officially announces his exit. 

Kwan and Symone --thank you! So what was the whole thing at the end with Blue (? Derek's nephew?) and Kwan?

(edited)

Lucas Make Another Face Challenge: Not Achieved in this episode

I did like the scenes of Blue and Simone cooking dinner together and I don't blame Simone for inviting Blue to move in - he cooks and he cleans. 

Edited by Mirabelle
  • Like 3
15 hours ago, JeanJean said:

Kwan and Symone --thank you! So what was the whole thing at the end with Blue (? Derek's nephew?) and Kwan?

Kwan was moving into the room Adams left a few episodes ago to couch surf at Aunt Amelia’s and be the Roommate from Hell.

Funny how the interns mention the actual solution for staying healthy—better hours (and a raise, which wouldn’t hurt either) and Bailey overhears, gets offended, and boots them out. I’m just surprised they didn’t say “don’t threaten me with a good time” once they were out of earshot.

Anyone else feel a bit nauseated at Catherine’s pandering to the rich family?

• Like 4

It's interesting that with Bailey's focus on mental health, there's no reference to her own OCD which she apparently no longer has. Is OCD like that? Is it like depression where it can come and go?

Helm and Yasuda are a bad match. Honestly, Yasuda's all over the place emotionally and even though I know dating subordinates is standard practice at this place but they just have "bad idea" written all over them.

• Like 3
On 5/4/2024 at 11:03 AM, CarpeFelis said:

Anyone else feel a bit nauseated at Catherine’s pandering to the rich family?

Yes.  That she was interfering in the doctor's treatment plan was just gross.  I get tired quickly when Catherine swans in acting like she is Queen of the hospital.  I get that she owns the place, but it gets old.   

• Like 7

I think this is how it went down:

The hospital ran into money problems when insurance refused to pay out the lawsuit settlement. Jackson's solution was for the Avery Foundation to buy the hospital or take it under their umbrella in order to keep it running. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

I think this is how it went down:

The hospital ran into money problems when insurance refused to pay out the lawsuit settlement. Jackson's solution was for the Avery Foundation to buy the hospital or take it under their umbrella in order to keep it running. 

I thought the Avery Foundation just owned the majority shares. Because Jo had Alex's shares (that he got from Christina) and she sold them to fight to adopt Luna. She sold them to that guy who's name I can't remember, but was played by the guy who used to be on Ally McBeal. So I think he and Meredith and maybe some others (Arizona and Callie?) do still own shares, it is just that the Averys have most of it.

• Like 2
On 5/6/2024 at 7:38 AM, KittenPokerCheater said:

She owns the hospital?  I thought Meredith Grey et al owned it because of the plane crash?  Or did ownership change hands during the seasons I wasn’t watching?

The Harper Avery Foundation/Fox Foundation had/has more shares than all the others combined.

Richard and the folks who won settlements put their money together to try to buy the hospital. Richard mentioned it to Katherine that they didn't have anywhere near enough money to buy the hospital. Later, Katherine summoned Jackson and the others to a meeting where she announced that since the Harper Avery Foundation was the majority share owner, they would appoint someone/Jackson to the board. Then she told Jackson that she bought him a hospital. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 5/5/2024 at 6:32 AM, marceline said:

It's interesting that with Bailey's focus on mental health, there's no reference to her own OCD which she apparently no longer has. Is OCD like that? Is it like depression where it can come and go?

Helm and Yasuda are a bad match. Honestly, Yasuda's all over the place emotionally and even though I know dating subordinates is standard practice at this place but they just have "bad idea" written all over them.

In my own experience,  it may get extremely bad at times of severe stress, but I don't remember it ever going away entirely.

• Like 1
On 5/23/2024 at 11:52 PM, JeanJean said:

In my own experience,  it may get extremely bad at times of severe stress, but I don't remember it ever going away entirely.

This is Grey’s.  Mer probably cured it on a break from curing Alzheimer’s.  

• LOL 2
On 5/22/2024 at 12:25 AM, Rae Spellman said:

Then she told Jackson that she bought him a hospital. 

"baby, don't look so sad" pats cheek "Mama just bought you a hospital."