Type keyword(s) to search

Quarter Ton Teen - General Discussion

• Start Topic

A&E

“Quarter Ton Teen” follows teenagers struggling with severe obesity on a multi-year journey as they fight for healthier lives. Knowing they face uncertain futures unless they lose weight, these teens pursue weight-loss surgery in hopes of a second chance. Told in part with their own personal footage, the series documents their determination for a better life and the challenging journey to get healthy that will test them in ways they don’t expect

Monday 9PM

Breia Jenae’s mom saying things like “yes I am partly responsible because I give her the foods,” saying that is meaningless. Stop giving her the foods!

She has such nerve to say how much her daughter means to her, when she is causing her daughter to be miserable. This is a form of child abuse. 

I love my kids, and part of that is teaching them moderation, and that they can’t have everything they want. Don’t we want our kids to grow up to be healthy and happy adults?

• Like 2

Saddened and surprised to see the mom had passed away. Covid really wrecked a lot of families. 

But in the end, also surprised and quite happy to see Breia had lost so much weight. I hope she finds her happiness and peace. 

• Like 6

Watched this for the first 5 minutes & my anger towards Tommy's mom is making me literally feel sick & I didn't know if I can watch much more I'm so disgusted.  She's literally stuffing him with food.  This is severe abuse & he should have been removed from this home many years ago.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
10 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

Watched this for the first 5 minutes & my anger towards Tommy's mom is making me literally feel sick & I didn't know if I can watch much more I'm so disgusted.  She's literally stuffing him with food.  This is severe abuse & he should have been removed from this home many years ago.  

My mouth fell open with all the enabling the mother was doing.  Every question was about food.

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

I knew we had a bad situation when Kathleen referred to herself as "Mommy" instead of "I".

The whole family is shaped strangely.

• Like 3

I had to mute because I just can't hear Mom call him baby one more time. He's on his way to being Sean from My 600 Lb Life.  His mom turned him into a bedbound baby who could never leave her.  Then she died & so did he.  But boy oh boy Dr. Now really unleashed a satisfying hell on her a few times.  I hope this doctor does too.  This is really hard to watch.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
17 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

I had to mute because I just can't hear Mom call him baby one more time. He's on his way to being Sean from My 600 Lb Life.  His mom turned him into a bedbound baby who could never leave her.  Then she died & so did he.  But boy oh boy Dr. Now really unleashed a satisfying hell on her a few times.  I hope this doctor does too.  This is really hard to watch.

She narrates everything like for a toddler, and holds his hand while he walks.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

I hope he will continue to want to become a Marine.  However, it will be a eye opener for him because the Armed Services don't play!  Hold your hand???  Don't think that's going to happen....

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

I hope he will continue to want to become a Marine.  However, it will be a eye opener for him because the Armed Services don't play!  Hold your hand???  Don't think that's going to happen....

Mommy would never allow him to leave her side to join the military anyway.  

• Like 1

Duct tape, alot of duct tape........

She needs to be removed, gone away from that young man.

Remember Billy?  Same scenario.

And yes, Sean, imo, that mother killed him.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

Duct tape, alot of duct tape........

She needs to be removed, gone away from that young man.

Remember Billy?  Same scenario.

And yes, Sean, imo, that mother killed him.

This mother is borderline evil.

We never got an update on Billy.

• Like 2

Well I guess Dad has had enough & he's done LOL.  Now Tommy is the man of the house.  God bless him, he's pushing through & I sure hope he can succeed despite needy mommy.  Good luck, dude! 👍🏼

• Like 2

I agree with the comments concerning "Mommy". Not only did she cripple him physically, she crippled him emotionally. He's telling her to stop talking and she continues blabbering. She is in dire need of therapy. And then dad left him without a buffer of any kind (can't really blame him). This is a case of child abuse, pure and simple.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, lilysmom said:

I agree with the comments concerning "Mommy". Not only did she cripple him physically, she crippled him emotionally. He's telling her to stop talking and she continues blabbering. She is in dire need of therapy. And then dad left him without a buffer of any kind (can't really blame him). This is a case of child abuse, pure and simple.

I really wish the father would have taken him 

• Like 4

I'm so worried about the mother's behavior.   It reminds me of the horrible relationship of Sean and his mother from My 600 lb. Life.    She drove the husband away also, and Sean never had a chance.    That was so sad, and I'm hoping Tommy can escape Sean's sad fate. 

• Like 4

I’m watching this in fits and starts-at the restaurant now where she took him for a ‘treat’ wow, she not only Never shuts up, she’s actively sabotaging him. Shes saying what she thinks she should say, like we don’t notice ‘Mommy’ is trying to get him to fail. She’s a sick woman.  

He was finally get a light in his eyes, and she took him straight to the fattening food. 

And the way she talks in third person and always grabs his hand is bizarre. I wish he went to Dr. Now instead. Let him at ‘Mommy’

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

She’s feeding him ice cream, and then badgering the hell out of him ‘tell mommy! Say it! I don’t believe you! Louder for Mommy!”  Ewwww. 

Tommy, please lose all that weight so you can Run away from ‘Mommy’ as soon as you can!  God help the person he falls in love with-imagine That for a mother-in-law?!

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Woah-“you can drive someone to murder somebody”

”I’m sure you can arrange it, Kathy”

Mommy’s facade slipped a bit there. 

For real, she would drive me insane.

• Like 2
On 4/29/2024 at 6:08 PM, Snarkastikate said:

I had to mute it a buncha times because I couldn't listen to 'baby, baby, baby'.  Totally infantilizing her son.  

The parents confuse the heck out of me and angered me.  The kids aren't buying and cooking this food!  

On 4/29/2024 at 7:16 PM, Suzywriter said:

She's buying him burger meal and ice cream. I want to throttle her.

You know, sometimes you need a treat 🙄.  OMG!  Food is never a reward or soother.  That message needed to be screamed from the rooftops.  That HUGE meat sandwich and cake?  Jesus.  Can I slap her?  Please?  Yes, I know violence isn't the answer. 

• Like 4
On 4/29/2024 at 9:39 PM, Suzywriter said:

This mother is borderline evil.

We never got an update on Billy.

Last I heard,  his father passed and he was not able to go to the funeral. Sounds like whatever little progress he made is gone. 

• Sad 2

I watched some of Tommy's story last night but had to turn it off. His mother was just horrific. I understand where her obsession with him is coming from. She lost his twin and almost lost him, but the woman should have gotten help long ago in dealing with this. Instead, she has turned her son into her baby and is so wrapped up in him. Meanwhile, he was sleeping on a floor was it? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I watched this with my husband and 18 year old son. We were all horrified. The mother is mentally ill.   We all said we wish  Dr. Now was his doctor. He would have ripped that Mom a new one.  Did they ever say if he graduated high school? 

Ah yes, Billy.  I had forgotten his name. His mother was certifiable.

• Like 3
On 5/1/2024 at 3:46 PM, Natalie68 said:

I had to mute it a buncha times because I couldn't listen to 'baby, baby, baby'.  Totally infantilizing her son.  

The parents confuse the heck out of me and angered me.  The kids aren't buying and cooking this food!  

You know, sometimes you need a treat 🙄.  OMG!  Food is never a reward or soother.  That message needed to be screamed from the rooftops.  That HUGE meat sandwich and cake?  Jesus.  Can I slap her?  Please?  Yes, I know violence isn't the answer. 

There are only a few episodes of 600 Lbs Life and now this show I have turned off & refuse to watch again.  Sean Milliken, the Assanti Brothers, and now this one with Tommy & super-babying mommy.  I cannot finish watching the show with the sound off because I know what mommy is saying.  Mommy is nuttier than a jar of Skippy and she's pushing her mind-scrambling nuttiness onto her poor son.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Amber/Emily. Poor kid doesn't stand a chance. Whole family is super obese, and Mom joyfully over eats with her. Might be a first Mom & Daughter riding scooters in the supermarket scene.  Just started and they both seem nice, dare I be optimistic they'll succeed?

Why are trainers always obsessed with squats?  They’re murder on your knees, especially if you’re fat. And jumping jacks?! They need a trainer who is educated about very fat bodies. These moves will just put more strain on their overworked joints. 

• Like 2

Ugh this trainer! “Squeeze your core”

”I don’t know what that is”

”it’s your core! Like l, you’re squeezing in and kind of out at the same time”

”……ok”

dude. Explain to her what muscles she’s meant to engage & Where they’re located. She probably can’t because she never did before and she just had surgery. 

He’s driving me crazy lol 

• Like 4

Trainer got better. 

happy for Amber. 

I really like this show. The kids have better success than the adults on 600lb Life, and it doesn’t drag as much as that one either. Also, the sad sack endless background music on 600 isn’t beating you over the head in this one. 

• Like 3

Amber's success was great. It was tough going but she got there. I was disappointed in her mother. Her mother said something about having whatever the husband's name was like she could be fat with him. I don't know. It seems mother and daughter had hard lives in a dysfunctional family. 

• Like 1

Good for Amber for speaking up about wanting her surgery first. She was right - she had worked harder and been more successful pre-op. Then afterwards, she kept going with the program while mom gave up. Nice going, Amber!

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Pi237 said:

I hope Amber’s able to get skin surgery for her fupa. Insurance company’s won’t usually pay for that. Jerks.

The qualifications for getting that paid for insurance are pretty rigorous.   I knew someone who had the WLS and he lost gradually, so his fupa wasn't the long apron many have.   His wife said the deflated fupa had to cover the genitals to qualify for the insurance to remove it.   That was Blue Cross, and about 10 years ago, so it may have changed. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
On 5/7/2024 at 5:17 PM, babyhouseman said:

Amber's success was great. It was tough going but she got there. I was disappointed in her mother. Her mother said something about having whatever the husband's name was like she could be fat with him. I don't know. It seems mother and daughter had hard lives in a dysfunctional family. 

Did anyone else notice the scene where they were eating something between each other (could have been a cupcake)?  It was all I could do not to fall out laughing.