Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Crushed

• Start Topic

TUESDAY, APRIL 30, 9:00-10:00 p.m. EDT

When two teenagers go missing, it is up to the entire team to find the girls and uncover the truth about their disappearance. Meanwhile, Lopez and Harper are on a different kind of investigation - the search for the perfect nanny.

Shouldn’t the police have treated the sole surviving teenage girl’s story of what happened as needing verification and considered she could be a suspect?

I wonder if the writers all believe that viewers would be worried about Bailey being in the ambulance with a killer, or do they know that there’s a cadre of viewers that were hoping this would be the end of Bailey? 
(I don’t really care one way or the other.)

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Let there never again be any mention of Baily's mucous!

It was obvious that the killer was one of the two girls and that the guy would be discovered dead. The only question was which girl was responsible, and that was answered as soon as the other one was found with a bullet home hole in her chest.

Shrink-In-The-Shop: You are here as an observer. Do not speak.

(Tim will be banging it by Episode #9.)

Cop fires babysitter for being a licensed firearms holder. Let's hope there isn't a home invasion with the next sitter. Because curing the vicious criminal's snow blindness won't help the kid(s).

Celina: "Why is rent so high?"
John: "Nimbyism, building restrictions, wage stagnation..."
Netfoot: "So, nothing to do with the worst inflation in living memory and the collapse of the economy?"

Edited by Netfoot
  • Like 1

I was hoping that Bailey would quit her job and become a nanny for John's colleagues, to see if she likes kids as much as the thinks she does.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, Netfoot said:

Let there never again be any mention of Baily's mucous!

It was obvious that the killer was one of the two girls and that the guy would be discovered dead. The only question was which girl was responsible, and that was answered as soon as the other one was found with a bullet home hole in her chest.

Shrink-In-The-Shop: You are here as an observer. Do not speak.

(Tim will be banging it by Episode #9.)

Cop fires babysitter for being a licensed firearms holder. Let's hope there isn't a home invasion with the next sitter. Because curing the vicious criminal's snow blindness won't help the kid(s).

Celina: "Why is rent so high?"
John: "Nimbyism, building restrictions, wage stagnation..."
Netfoot: "So, nothing to do with the worst inflation in living memory and the collapse of the economy?"

John was right, Rents in Los Angeles have been too high for decades, they haven't just soared during the recent inflation. And wages not keeping up with the cost of living for the last 40 years is the main reason. Nationally rents are going down. https://www.worldpropertyjournal.com/real-estate-news/united-states/los-angeles-real-estate-news/real-estate-news-march-2024-rental-report-from-realtorcom-residential-rent-data-march-2024-home-rents-data-march-2024-danielle-hale-14100.php

And where did the economy collapse? We haven't been in recession since COVID.

• Like 1
On 4/30/2024 at 11:15 PM, edhopper said:

I thought the scenes of the police at Columbia University were very well done. 

bahahahahaa yes

• Like 1
On 5/1/2024 at 10:20 AM, Netfoot said:

Cop fires babysitter for being a licensed firearms holder. Let's hope there isn't a home invasion with the next sitter.

I think the issue was she was carrying the gun unsecured in her purse, which was within reach of the kid.

I usually cut this show a lot of slack - but I just couldn't with this episode. No way, no how would a shrink be riding with an officer and evaluating them at the same time. Officers need to keep their minds on their jobs, not on their personal issues. And when Chen just unloaded on her supervisor? Who does that? And especially as a female officer, that just isn't done.

And speaking of the "doctor" - she is way too young to be holding that position. I know it is all for the story - but is just strains credulity that she has a doctorate at that age. 

Edited by LaylaGirl
  • Like 3

Yes it drove me crazy that the doctor was asking him questions when he is supposed to be doing his job. Why would she be evaluating him while he was working? She wouldn’t even know the exact responses to different calls. As a therapist for police officers she would be understanding about their stress levels but it is highly unlikely she would be trained on all types of police calls and the appropriate responses. 
I didn’t blame Angela for her response to the gun; her toddler could have reached into that purse and grabbed it.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
36 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

I didn’t blame Angela for her response to the gun; her toddler could have reached into that purse and grabbed it.

Not that it makes it OK, but the trigger weight on the pistol would probably be more than a toddler could muster. I didn't pay attention as to which pistol it was, but a trigger weight of 5-5½ lb. wouldn't be untypical for a firearm with a light trigger.

I can't remember how the thing ended up on the floor in the first place. 

Edited by Netfoot
8 minutes ago, Netfoot said:

I can't remember how the thing ended up on the floor in the first place. 

Detective Lopez accidental knocked the nanny's bag off of the arm or back of a chair I think

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

My husband is a police officer and we always kept his guns locked up. Even a heavy gun could be dropped and go off-too many kids have been shot by finding their parents guns lying around.

Sorry, but the weight of the firearm is not the same as the weight of the trigger

A firearm with a 5 lb. trigger will require 5 lb. of force on the trigger to fire it, and I doubt that a toddler would have the strength in one finger to pull the trigger that hard. The actual trigger weight could easily be heavier. A Glock trigger weight can vary from 4½ to 12 lbs, with 5½ being the norm.

Also, if you drop a firearm on the floor and it discharges, then the firearm is either seriously faulty or many decades old and not fitted with the safety features of a modern pistol. Firearms made within the last 50 years or so are fitted with multiple mechanisms specifically to prevent accidental discharge.

Kids do find firearms in the home and terrible accidents can result, but I doubt the kids are toddlers.

There are numerous cases of toddlers getting ahold of guns and shooting them selves or others. Google toddler shooter and many cases come up. My husband has taught gun safety classes and the rule is to not leave any firearms where children can gain access to them. Period. 

• Like 3

This is the first episode in ages that I actually enjoyed (shock!!)
Of course, I have accepted by now that Rookie belongs in the science fiction genre and nothing is realistic (like having a shrink distracting a police officer at work) so I do not bother anymore with the lack of realism. I find so amusing that Bailey is the only EMT in LA!

I still think they should create a spin off with Lopez & Harper (maybe as PIs having left Police). Those two have great chemistry.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

My husband has taught gun safety classes and the rule is to not leave any firearms where children can gain access to them.

I never said that they should be!

1 hour ago, Raja said:

Somehow nannies are able to get concealed weapons permits.

I agree with the point you seem to be making!  Only special people should be allowed to defend themselves. 

10 minutes ago, Netfoot said:

I never said that they should be!

I agree with the point you seem to be making!  Only special people should be allowed to defend themselves. 

Or so LA County Sheriffs for generations think. I am generally amazed by many of the TV characters who somehow got a CCW.

• LOL 1
5 hours ago, bros402 said:

tbh I was wondering why they didn't just hire a bodyguard nanny like they were going to (or did they and it was temporary?)

I had forgotten the ex SAS trooper. He might be the richest prosecutor in the world but there still must be limits on what they can afford