Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: Secrets And Lies

• Start Topic

TUESDAY, APRIL 9, 9:00-10:00 p.m. EDT 

Following their time as foster parents, Bailey has decided she wants to have a baby and forces John to reconsider their decision to not have children. Meanwhile, John and Celina discover a prison escapee whom they fear is out for revenge and race to find her before it is too late.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, MDL said:

Didn't the actress who plays Bailey announce that she was pregnant?

They are trying to hide it, not too well in my opinion.  Perhaps after two professional women had three unplanned children it is time to go the other way and have folks plan on it. 

I was expected it to be  Officer Chen as Melissa O'Neil as  she is getting near to the do it or need help to do it age

(edited)
52 minutes ago, Raja said:

I was expected it to be  Officer Chen as Melissa O'Neil as  she is getting near to the do it or need help to do it age

She's 35 (turning 36 this year). She has plenty of time, if she even wants to bear a child - not all women do.

Jenna Dewan is 43, Alyssa Diaz is 38, and Makei Cox is 43, just for comparison.

Edited by Clanstarling

Tim's reasoning for breaking up with Chen is idiotic -- this whole plotline seems created out of whole cloth to make everyone (with the possible exception of Diaz) look as stupid as possible.

• Like 8

Bailey becomes annoying again. Her baby fever arc is really unnecessary for this short season. Her screen time should be given to Nyla and Aaron for them to work on Corrina’s case. It’s much more interesting. The drama surrounding the escaped inmate and her mother is just blah.

Why are they dragging the plot of Celina making series of mistakes without facing any actual consequences? Is this about her or Nolan as TO?

Tim’s storyline with Roy Watkins feels rushed. It lacks the necessary build-up. I want to blame Tim for everything but then he looks so tormented while breaking-up with Lucy. He’s been carrying the guilt of feeling responsible for Henderson and Coyle's death for a long time. This storyline is better suited for S07 with ample time to develop.

Chenford has started and ended in the parking lot. This isn’t a good week for Lucy. Tamara is leaving her too. It’s been hinted that Celina is looking for a new roommate, so we know what’s coming. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

That Tim storyline was just bad all around.  I've never cared for Chenford but the breakup can only be for the purpose of riling up the Chenford stans for what end purpose I don't even care to know.

Agree that Nyla and Aaron's case was the more interesting of what was going on in this epi.

It's obvious that Jenna is pregnant so of course Nolan relenting isn't/wasn't surprising because that's how this usually works.  Ugh, not looing forward to this pregnancy drama.

• Like 5

Bailey sitting there learning baby sign language 🤦‍♀️ Just... wtf was that.

When will writers understand that what (most) viewers want is to see a happy, healthy relationship? I don't want drama. I don't want to watch the people feel tortured and sad. Just let them be HAPPY. It's ridiculous.

• Like 7
(edited)
12 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

I want to blame Tim for everything but then he looks so tormented while breaking-up with Lucy. He’s been carrying the guilt of feeling responsible for Henderson and Coyle's death for a long time.

This just seems like the kind of detail that should have been built into Tim’s character from Season 1 — not pulled (unless I am very much mistaken) out of some neophyte writer‘s bag of tricks two weeks ago. 

Edited by Sandman
  • Like 8
On 4/10/2024 at 10:29 AM, Snazzy Daisy said:

Tim’s storyline with Roy Watkins feels rushed. It lacks the necessary build-up. I want to blame Tim for everything but then he looks so tormented while breaking-up with Lucy. He’s been carrying the guilt of feeling responsible for Henderson and Coyle's death for a long time. This storyline is better suited for S07 with ample time to develop.

Yeah, I feel like any potential this story had was torpedoed by everything happening so fast. This pace just makes Tim look crazy and/or stupid.

• Like 5

They should start inserting a sad trombone sound into Celina and Schmitty's scenes. Wah wah.

Chenford's breakup provided the most on-screen heat these two have had together.

• Like 1

Yeah, really not sure why they need to turn Celina into a bubblehead. Can Nolan be that bad a TO? 

One Smitty’s plenty — more than enough, in fact.