Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Homecoming

• Start Topic

They must be really confident about that season 4 renewal because this episode opened up a bunch of new storylines without concluding many at all.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Harvey said:

They must be really confident about that season 4 renewal because this episode opened up a bunch of new storylines without concluding many at all.

If there is any TV show out there that I would want to see renewed, this is it.  I enjoyed this season a lot. Also the show is catching on fire from airing on Netflix.

• Like 10

That was rather an abrupt cut from the spaceship chase to suddenly sitting in the diner but I guess they didn't want us to spend too much time with fake Harry on the ship in case his different behavior gives away the twist.

• Like 9

Good episode although there were some odd bits that I hope they fill in later.

Ben had his tracking chip removed but I don't really see how this helps him when Kate still has hers and she sleeps right next to him. They originally abducted him in a forest at night, no? So grabbing him again from his bedroom doesn't seem like it would be all that hard.

I also wish Ben and Kate had explained what was going on to Max. How are they going to explain the baby? And did Kate even make it home?

We need a rescue plan for those other babies too! I know everyone was running in their own directions and no one coordinated any kind of plan but at least a few people knew that the original plan was to blow the place up. If it's an alien prison full of creatures that bite heads off for fun, sure go ahead but let's get the babies out of there first! FWIW, I am sure this will be central to the next season. I have seen an interview where a cast member explained that Max is male on the show because having Harry actively attempting to murder a little girl was too dark.

I might have missed an explanation for why it is necessary to stand in that particular spot in the trailer to portal to the "ship". Joseph could portal from anywhere to anywhere with his portable device. I guess it's because this is either a long-range portal or a "secure" (although not very!) portal. Either way, it works differently and didn't get explained well if at all.

Those comedic moments between Enver Gjokaj and Alan Tudyk were awesome. They have worked together before on Dollhouse.

I also liked seeing Linda Hamilton (or perhaps her twin sister) getting to make funny faces courtesy of Bridget's doppelganger ability. After Terminator 2, Linda Hamilton has been typecast as a no-nonsense badass so it's great to see her having some fun too.

• Like 6
(edited)

This has to be one of the best episodes they've done to date. They got a LOT in but it didn't feel rushed. I too was confused at the end when they jumped from escape ship right to "life is back to normal" but the reveal at the end made it make sense. Harry not liking the pie should have been the immediate tip-off! 

LOVE Alan Tudyk and Enver Gjokaj playing off each other -- matchmaking and a conversation about the sorry state of healthcare happening in the same conversation was something I never knew I needed in my life and was just laugh-out-loud funny (especially because I'm arguing with my shitty health insurance over reimbursement right now--someone please bring me a hot alien to offset it).

This show blends dark with humor and sadness better than most any show I've seen that tries it. Its an art, and they've nailed it! 

Bring on Season 4! 

Edited by Sailorgirl26
  • Like 11
  • Love 1
(edited)

First, this episode was (understandably) a little frantic, but it kept my attention the whole time, although some parts were a bit confusing to me. One of the things I look forward to most for next season is that the General stepped into the portal to the base (I would guess), so we'll hopefully get to see her and Harry and Bridget fight their way off the ship together. That should be some comedy gold.

Second, I echo the love of the Enver Gjokaj/Alan Tudyk scenes. They're so funny together.

Third, I'm glad Darcy didn't die. She's a hot mess, but she's a hot mess who has grown on me. 

Fourth, the Alien Tracker was SO creepy in his RoboCop getup, with his complete lack of emotion. But when his consciousness/emotions came back, I teared up instead. Terry O'Quinn was awesome in his scenes.

Fifth, I wouldn't have expected me to say this during season two, which I didn't enjoy as much, but bring on Season Four!

Edited by kirinan
  • Like 11

I think Kate made it home, but I don't know how. But they showed her and The Mayor sitting on the couch together, and he was asking her if she remembers anything and she said not. That was at the very end, while D'arcy was standing outside their door with the baby, getting ready to knock.

• Like 2

I'm assuming Kate was returned home with her memory wiped by the Grays as usual after they collared her, literally, since they abducted her in the first place.  How she got away from them with a knife wasn't shown, though.

As it turns out there isn't a mothership to blow up but a base on the moon, if I read that correctly.

• Like 5
(edited)

I thought there was a good chance this was the series finale, but boy did they mix things up. I guess when Harry and the baby fought the greys, Harry was captured and the switch was made with the mantid. The Mantid isn’t an ally of the greys, so they probably offered him something, but the greys crashed, so? Is the Mantid off on his own. Thank god for Max’s freaky alien detector gene! Was the baby masquerading as the alien tracker’s son, or was that actually the son? 

It is too bad Mantids don’t like pie. 

Poor Liv, in between the two lovebirds. By the way, we didn’t see the bird this episode….and there was a time when the baby wasn’t there and then it was when I wondered if some switch was happening. 

The generals motivations are still in flux. Does she have a baby she lost at some point? It would be interesting if Joseph turns out to be her son. 

Great, now I can’t wait for the next season.

Edited by Affogato
  • Like 2

Yeah it was pretty obvious that that wasn't Harry when he was going to leave without Asta, without D'Arcy sure, but not without Asta. Only confirmed by him not liking the pie.

This was a damn short season. Is there going to be another one? This would be an awfull cliffhanger to end on.

• Like 5
On 4/4/2024 at 4:46 PM, dwmarch said:

I also liked seeing Linda Hamilton (or perhaps her twin sister) getting to make funny faces courtesy of Bridget's doppelganger ability.

Linda Hamilton's sister died almost 4 years ago. So sadly no more practical effects from her.

On 4/4/2024 at 9:05 PM, Affogato said:

Was the baby masquerading as the alien tracker’s son, or was that actually the son? 

That was actually the son. Bridget was in a cage with Harry at the time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I always knew praying mantises were not to be trusted!

On 4/4/2024 at 10:15 AM, cdnalor said:

That was rather an abrupt cut from the spaceship chase to suddenly sitting in the diner but I guess they didn't want us to spend too much time with fake Harry on the ship in case his different behavior gives away the twist.

It was so abrupt I thought it was a dream sequence or something. It definitely made me think that everything was NOT okay.  Which it wasn't, obviously.

On 4/4/2024 at 11:51 AM, Sailorgirl26 said:

Harry not liking the pie should have been the immediate tip-off! 

Yep, should've known something was wrong then.

On 4/4/2024 at 12:20 PM, possibilities said:

I think Kate made it home, but I don't know how. But they showed her and The Mayor sitting on the couch together, and he was asking her if she remembers anything and she said not. That was at the very end, while D'arcy was standing outside their door with the baby, getting ready to knock.

I assume the aliens sent her home the way they usually do.

• Like 5
On 4/4/2024 at 4:13 AM, AnimeMania said:

If there is any TV show out there that I would want to see renewed, this is it.  I enjoyed this season a lot. Also the show is catching on fire from airing on Netflix.

Count me as one of those who found it on Netflix just recently.   It's been a really fun watch for the last month or so, and then I realized I could watch Season 3 with my cable access.  Woo!  Now I'm going to be in withdrawal until Season 4 comes out.  😪

It's sad that this season was so short.  I felt like they were really hitting their stride, and boy, did they pack a lot into the last 2 episodes. 

The diner/pie scene.  I was sure that Harry was Bridget when that happened.  I didn't even think about the Mantid.  Max seeing the Mantid was a great way to end the episode, though. 

I'm glad they brought Ben & Kate more into the central alien storyline.  I felt that in Season 2 they were floundering a bit.  Same with Darcy, until she learned about Harry.

A few questions...  The water that Joseph turned into sand - that was under Yellowstone, right?  When he traveled through the portal, he went to the underground cavern, not the "spaceship" (moon).  So the one conclusion we got was that the Grey's can no longer turn Yellowstone into a giant volcano and destroy earth.  Do I have that right? 

But the Grey's are still around, so they could start all over again.   So Season 4 will have to be Harry & Bridget escaping, and somehow defeating the Greys.

Are the babies "hybrids"?  That doesn't make sense to me - it would seem that Ben & Kate's baby is fully human, but would be raised by the Greys.  And I don't really understand why the Grey's are doing that.  Like with the Tracker's son - what were the Grey's doing with him all this time?  Did I miss something, or has this not been explained yet?  But if they're not "hybrids", how are the hybrids created?  I do love that Darcy grabbed the baby.  I hope they find a way to rescue the babies before they blow the base up.  That would be a bit too dark for this show. 

I knew Terry O would be back!  When he "died" I  had a feeling that wasn't a forever death.  I had no idea how they would bring him back.  But putting him in a Terminator/RoboCop suit is fabulous!  I'm so glad he contacted Liv.

Enver and Alan have great comedic chemistry.  They need more scenes together.

I feel that by the time Season 4 is shot Max and Sahar will be 20.  I'm glad the show just ignores their aging, though.  It's part of the quirkiness that I love.

• Like 3

I really enjoyed this season, especially after that uneven and quite bad season 2.
However, I found this episode the worst of the season's lot.
Not that I disliked it, but   It was a bit of a mess.
I am still not really invested in most of the secondary characters. Even if I tried I can not care about Darcy  and I cannot stand of Judy. I also find the Sheriff and the deputy's stories too repetitive and boring. Mayor and wife have been improved, but having the writers trying to add some "real drama" feels like from a different show.
So Alan will have the chance to play another version of Harry, the Mantis one.
I am not sure I like the Mantis alien, way too horrific for the show..
Well, we shall see!

(edited)

I think the deputy and Liv storyline have made the most progress, except for maybe Harry himself. There is actual growth and the healing of trauma and there are other changes in their lives, as well. 

Edited by Affogato
  • Like 2

I really enjoyed this episode - there were some laugh out loud moments for me.  I loved the exchange between Harry and Asta ... "and rescue D'arcy, right?"  "We'll see how we're doing on time."

I was really happy for D'arcy during the scene with her father.  Between that, and the honest conversations she and Asta have been having, I have hopes for "less of a mess" D'arcy going forward.  It will be nice to see the growth.

I think next season we will see those that know about Harry expand to include Liv and Mr. & Mrs. Mayor.  I can't wait to see them find out that Max has known for a long time.

Hopefully we won't have to wait as long for the next season as we did for this one.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, AnimeMania said:

What the what, now!?!

Isn't that the name of that ultra annoying woman that is supposed to be funny?

44 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

Best characters on the show: Harry, Judy, Sahar, Judy's hairless cat!

whatever rocks your boat! :)

• Like 1

Was Judy even in this episode?

I actually found quite a lot of season 3 rather dull but these last 3 episodes were sooo on point.

i too thought it was Bridget but didn’t get it because when Bridget forgave he forgave all the way with those big baby alien eyes. I knew it wasn’t Harry and I also was pretty sure a character as important as Bridget wouldn’t just die offscreen. But I didn’t guess the Mantid…

In keeping with the theme of parent-child love and relationships, I wondered why the grays had videos playing over the babies' cribs of the human mothers expressing love for the babies. And I also wondered why the gray that picked up one of the babies (not sure if it was Kate's baby) seemed to act maternal toward the baby, holding the baby in a gentle and caring way and I think even "baby talking" to the baby. 

If the grays are supposed to be evil and wanting to change the earth environment so that humans can't survive, why would they care about human or even hybrid human-gray babies feeling loved?