Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Bring Me to Life

• Start Topic

vs_39382.jpg

(Season Finale)

Del, Kat, Alice, and Elliot each receive answers about their past and present, while hope for the future brings new questions.

Premiere Date: March 31, 2024      Hallmark   9pm 

day13-thewayhome-ep-210-0067-rt.jpg

twh-s1-dl1440x560-2010-next-on.jpg

(edited)

This was great. The storyline finally got going somewhere and now we have to wait until 2025! I loved that Elliot got to time travel and I think Colton totally knew who he was. And Jacob came back! I was worried they wouldn’t have any story left but the Colton surprise has me intrigued. He’s also proof that the pond can take you forward. 

I didn’t quite get what was with Alice and the necklace. Who does she think Casey is? Could they be Alice’s child from the future? 

I’m not surprised but slightly disappointed that Thomas is alive. While Chyler has more chemistry with both Thomas and Susanna in some ways I still find myself rooting for Elliot. She’s never going to pick him though. It’s embarrassing for him at this point. 

Edited by t7686
  • Like 4

Yeah, Casey Goodwin is a time traveler, right?  Casey always shows up out of the blue at random times, like Alice.  Casey always looks damp and maybe slightly moldy, just like Alice and Kat after they crawl out of the pond.  Plus something about that necklace caught Alice's eye but I'm not sure what.  It was a ring but I don't know whose.  

3 minutes ago, t7686 said:

This was great. The storyline finally got going somewhere and now we have to wait until 2025! I loved that Elliot got to time travel and I think Colton totally knew who he was. And Jacob came back! I was worried they wouldn’t have any story left but the Colton surprise has me intrigued. He’s also proof that the pond can take you forward. 

Is that proof though?  Or is it Jacob moving back into his own timeline, just like Alice and Kat do every time they jump?  Time has passed but it has also when they jump, so he's basically in his "correct" time.  I just wonder why he jumped when he was so adamant about not doing that and leaving everything he knows and maybe can't go back.  Also...who's gonna tell Dell?  

• Like 2

I enjoyed this but I feel like there are still so many questions. And we need to wait a year to see Del's reaction to Jacob coming home?! And learning all about time travel?

Thomas is alive, but that doesn't mean he doesn't still get executed by the British. Being shot on the beach didn't match the story about being chained in the lighthouse.

Does Del not have a mailbox that Kat could have put that letter/plane ticket in?

Someone speculated awhile back that Casey was Alice's child from the future, and it looks like that could be true. They were seemingly wearing the same ring on their neck that Alice had now. Maybe Kat's engagement ring that gets passed down? But if so, then how did Casey get Mr. Goodwin from stopping the sale of the land? 

I was so happy for Elliot getting his five more minutes with Colton. But I am so confused about his theory. He thought you can't travel into the future, beyond your correct time. Which makes sense, but then we see Colton is seemingly from the past? This could mean the theory is wrong, and Elliot just couldn't travel that one particular time. Or it could mean child Colton just got stuck in the past like Jacob did.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
5 minutes ago, bunnyface said:

Is that proof though?  Or is it Jacob moving back into his own timeline, just like Alice and Kat do every time they jump? 

I think they’re talking about Colton. Although we haven’t seen any indication that Colton has made any forward jumps. 

My biggest question is: if Colton knew about the time-traveling pond, why didn’t it ever occur to him that Jacob might’ve fallen in there? Or maybe it did and he tried jumping in and the pond was being stubborn and not sending him anywhere.

• Like 4

Okay,  I must have missed something because when did Colton jump?  Forwards or backwards?  

Also, I thought Kat talking to Thomas was a dream, like when Del talks to Colton.  Because when Jacob beached up, Thomas was gone.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, bunnyface said:

Okay,  I must have missed something because when did Colton jump?  Forwards or backwards?  

Also, I thought Kat talking to Thomas was a dream, like when Del talks to Colton.  Because when Jacob beached up, Thomas was gone.

Did you think the episode ended when Jacob came out of the pond in the current time? If so, you stopped watching too early. There was a little more.

After reading a new interview just now with the writers, where they insist that they stick to the rules that they created, I think that scene with child Colton in the past (it looked like the past) must have been a similar situation as Jacob where he was from a more recent present and accidentally went to the past as a child. But like @DMK, why didn't he think of the possibility that Jacob might have disappeared through the pond into the past?

16 minutes ago, EyewatchTV211 said:

Did you think the episode ended when Jacob came out of the pond in the current time? If so, you stopped watching too early. There was a little more.

After reading a new interview just now with the writers, where they insist that they stick to the rules that they created, I think that scene with child Colton in the past (it looked like the past) must have been a similar situation as Jacob where he was from a more recent present and accidentally went to the past as a child. But like @DMK, why didn't he think of the possibility that Jacob might have disappeared through the pond into the past?

Yes...the last thing we saw was Jacob being beached...and it stopped.  Dadgumit.

• Sad 1

😵‍💫 😵‍💫

That was quite the episode!!  I  know there are a lot more details to come in Season 3; however, in the meantime, was that the Landry house in 2024 where Jacob and Kat went?  It sure looked different to me, and who was the kid who came out and didn't even bat an eye at Jacob?  

21 minutes ago, BMGepinniw said:

😵‍💫 😵‍💫

That was quite the episode!!  I  know there are a lot more details to come in Season 3; however, in the meantime, was that the Landry house in 2024 where Jacob and Kat went?  It sure looked different to me, and who was the kid who came out and didn't even bat an eye at Jacob?  

Based on the cars out front (mostly the more modern Volvo SUV), I'm assuming it was the 2024 Landry house, yes. And the kid coming out of the house was young Jacob. Adult Jacob was seeing a memory of himself coming out of the house when he was younger with his baseball glove and ball, happy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, EyewatchTV211 said:

Based on the cars out front (mostly the more modern Volvo SUV), I'm assuming it was the 2024 Landry house, yes. And the kid coming out of the house was young Jacob. Adult Jacob was seeing a memory of himself coming out of the house when he was younger with his baseball glove and ball, happy. 

I didn't look at the vehicles.  I was so distracted by the house looking different.  Thank you for the clarification, that was helpful.  

• Like 2

I swear to the Hallmark gods, if Kat spends 8 episodes chasing after a man in the 1800s next season, and stringing Elliott along...

Also, it'd be nice if the showrunners dribble a little more of the action out into the middle episodes next season, so they don't have to jam it all into the finale.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3

I couldn't figure out if child Colton was really in the past, or if the wardrobe was just intentionally (or unintentionally?) misleading as to when it was.

As soon as Casey greeted Alice in the diner and was momentarily confused about the sale (like they weren't sure when it was), I knew for sure they were a time traveler.

56 minutes ago, jmonique said:

I swear to the Hallmark gods, if Kat spends 8 episodes chasing after a man in the 1800s next season, and stringing Elliott along...

Yeah. I like Thomas, and they definitely have chemistry, but I don't see how that could work, and I would just feel bad for Elliott.

• Like 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, t7686 said:

This was great. The storyline finally got going somewhere and now we have to wait until 2025! I loved that Elliot got to time travel and I thinengagementColton totally knew who he was. And Jacob came back! I was worried they wouldn’t have any story left but the Colton surprise has me intrigued. He’s also proof that the pond can take you forward. 

I didn’t quite get what was with Alice and the necklace. Who does she think Casey is? Could she be Alice’s child from the future? 

I’m not surprised but slightly disappointed that Thomas is alive. While Chyler has more chemistry with both Thomas and Susanna in some ways I still find myself rooting for Elliot. She’s never going to pick him though. It’s embarrassing for him at this point. 

Casey has to be someone's child. Jacob? Elliot and Kat? Alice?  Del & Colton? Thomas & Alice? I swear time traveling always gets complicated. But we do know they have Kat's former wedding or engagement ring that she gave to Alice. That boy (his name escapes me) is cute and he Alice need to hook up for real. 💘💋

Edited by Simba122504
9 hours ago, t7686 said:

Could she be Alice’s child from the future? 

That would mean Alice pairs up with an (unknown yet) Goodwin in the future? Who are Casey’s parents, where are they?

• Like 2
7 hours ago, redpencil said:

I couldn't figure out if child Colton was really in the past, or if the wardrobe was just intentionally (or unintentionally?) misleading as to when it was.

Me either. I couldn’t decide if Colton and his “grandmother” were from the more distant past or just poor in the 60s.

• Like 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, Daff said:

That would mean Alice pairs up with an (unknown yet) Goodwin in the future? Who are Casey’s parents, where are they?

Yeah,  the "Goodwin" throwing me too. How does she end up with Kat's old ring?  Unless they were adopted or using a fake name?  Ugh. This is what I hate about this genre. It drives you nuts. 😂😂😂

Edited by Simba122504
(edited)
10 hours ago, Simba122504 said:

Yeah,  the "Goodwin" throwing me too. How does she end up with Kat's old ring?  Unless they were adopted or using a fake name?  Ugh. This is what I hate about this genre. It drives you nuts. 😂😂😂

My question is, if Casey is from the future, how are they passing themselves off as a current Goodwin family member? Everyone has accepted they are a member of the family, a family presumably reasonably well known by the town.  They were asked to act as the rep for the family at Founders' Day. How did they accomplish this?

I would think the Evelyn's children, even if moved away, would hear about some child claiming to be one of their kids, living at the mansion while probate is happening, and making speeches on behalf of the family. 

Other than that, this episode was pretty good.  But I couldn't not agree more with @jmonique that I hope next season, the action is spread more evenly throughout the season. It feels like a ton happened in the last 2 episode whereas, almost nothing happened over the proceeding 5.

18 hours ago, DMK said:

Me either. I couldn’t decide if Colton and his “grandmother” were from the more distant past or just poor in the 60s.

Yeah, I'm very confused about the Colton info we received.  I agree that the woman and the boy by the pond seemed dressed for the 19th century and nothing later than the 1930s even if Grandma favored her clothing style from her youth.  Colton's clothes were more ambiguous. But that dress felt like a pretty hard mislead unless Colton time traveled forward.  

I'm assuming it's the former, however, since it would be hard in a town like theirs, it would be pretty hard for a Landry, one of the three main founding families, to just appear out of now where. (See also my confusion re: Casey.)

On 3/31/2024 at 7:43 PM, DMK said:

My biggest question is: if Colton knew about the time-traveling pond, why didn’t it ever occur to him that Jacob might’ve fallen in there? Or maybe it did and he tried jumping in and the pond was being stubborn and not sending him anywhere.

My recollection is that Jacob disappeared from a Carnival. There was no reason to think Jacob had returned to the Landry property. Also the little boy who was with Jacob didn't tell everything because he was scared and confused.  

If Colton had known Jacob was actually at the farm, he might have considered it.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Like 1
18 hours ago, DMK said:

I think they’re talking about Colton. Although we haven’t seen any indication that Colton has made any forward jumps. 

Well, we do see Colton standing at the pond and in what looked like old timey clothes suggests he spent time in the past. But that could be a misdirect or a situation like Jacob. Or maybe he is from far in the future and fashion just went backwards?

I also think Colton recognizing adult Kat when he was dying could have meant he'd been in 2023/2024 at some point. 

9 hours ago, Daff said:

Casey has mentioned their father, so I wonder if he is really a Goodwin or they are lying about their last name. But Alice could pair up with a Goodwin. The only other one we have heard about is Evelyn's son, but their may be others and the son could have an actual child even if it isn't Casey.

But Casey seemed to have an actual in with the Goodwins to somehow stop the land sale. 

20 hours ago, bunnyface said:

Yes...the last thing we saw was Jacob being beached...and it stopped.  Dadgumit.

Wait, me too -- what else was there?

41 minutes ago, RachelKM said:

My recollection is that Jacob disappeared from a Carnival. There was no reason to think Jacob had returned to the Landry property. Also the little boy who was with Jacob didn't tell everything because he was scared and confused.  

If Colton had known Jacob was actually at the farm, he might have considered it.

The circumstances wouldn’t matter to me. If my child disappeared without a trace and I knew there was a sneaky time traveling pond nearby, that would be the first place I would look.

35 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Well, we do see Colton standing at the pond and in what looked like old timey clothes suggests he spent time in the past. But that could be a misdirect or a situation like Jacob. Or maybe he is from far in the future and fashion just went backwards?

I also think Colton recognizing adult Kat when he was dying could have meant he'd been in 2023/2024 at some point. 

I just don’t think we have enough information. Colton could’ve been like Jacob and had fallen in as a child and then eventually come home. Or that was just him as a child in the 60s or whatever and they were poor. 

And he could’ve just known adult Kat because he can recognize his own child and he knows about time traveling.

Basically, I’m saying that if they’re saying there’s no forward time travel, we haven’t actually seen anything that supports it. Just misdirection.

(edited)
37 minutes ago, LGK said:

Wait, me too -- what else was there?

There was a scene of Jacob and Kat walking back to the house and Kat asking if he was sure he wanted to do this. Jacob said he was sure and was encouraged to do so by Susanna, Elijah, and Thomas, who is alive. He survived the shooting by Cyrus by wearing armor he had acquired somewhere. Kat looks stunned and deep in thought about this.

Alice is shown looking at a picture of Casey with the ring on their necklace, and comparing it to the ring she has, that I think was Kat's. It looks like the same ring.

In 1999 at the summer kick off, we see Colton was the one watching himself and the family's party. He was also watching Eli and Alice watch the same party. He looks the same age as he is in 1999. Then we cut to an old woman and little boy dressed in clothes that look like they are from a long time ago. They are standing by the pond and the boy says he wants to try it, but the woman says it is not his time yet. Then she calls him Colton.

31 minutes ago, DMK said:

Basically, I’m saying that if they’re saying there’s no forward time travel, we haven’t actually seen anything that supports it. Just misdirection.

Oh, I agree we don't have enough information to know anything for sure just yet. I was saying we have seen things that could support forward time travel. But as you noted, that info could be explained in others way. It is all just speculation at this point.

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Like 2
14 hours ago, RachelKM said:

woman and the boy by the pond seemed dressed for the 19th century and nothing later than the 1930s even if Grandma favored

In the 1960s (and beyond), both my grandmothers dressed straight out of the early 20s and 30s (picture “Aunt Bea”). There were only so many places they could continue to buy the clothes (full corsets and all). Dressing every morning was quite the chore for them.

13 minutes ago, Daff said:

In the 1960s (and beyond), both my grandmothers dressed straight out of the early 20s and 30s (picture “Aunt Bea”). There were only so many places they could continue to buy the clothes (full corsets and all). Dressing every morning was quite the chore for them.

Yes, exactly. My parents were children in the 60s and I’ve seen their childhood pictures. People in rural communities still dressed in homemade clothes and such, because it was still a long trip to the city to buy clothes. Not to mention the parents who grew up during the depression and were still very conscious of saving money and resources. It something that sticks with you your whole life. I remember how well my grandmother could squeeze the life out of a nickel.

• LOL 1
15 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

There was a scene of Jacob and Kat walking back to the house and Kat asking if he was sure he wanted to do this. Jacob said he was sure and was encouraged to do so by Susanna, Elijah, and Thomas, who is alive. He survived the shooting by Cyrus by wearing armor he had acquired somewhere. Kat looks stunned and deep in thought about this.

Alice is shown looking at a picture of Casey with the ring on their necklace, and comparing it to the ring she has, that I think was Kat's. It looks like the same ring.

In 1999 at the summer kick off, we see Colton was the one watching himself and the family's party. He was also watching Eli and Alice watch the same party. He looks the same age as he is in 1999. Then we cut to an old woman and little boy dressed in clothes that look like they are from a long time ago. They are standing by the pond and the boy says he wants to try it, but the woman says it is not his time yet. Then she calls him Colton.

Oh, I agree we don't have enough information to know anything for sure just yet. I was saying we have seen things that could support forward time travel. But as you noted, that info could be explained in others way. It is all just speculation at this point.

Geez, how did I miss that much? Thank you! Almost tempted to record it again and watch that bit .. not that I'll remember any of it in 2025!

7 minutes ago, LGK said:

Geez, how did I miss that much? Thank you! Almost tempted to record it again and watch that bit .. not that I'll remember any of it in 2025!

After the child Colton/grandmother scene at the pond, and after the next set of commercials, there were 4 minutes left on my recording. Gotta squeeze those ads in. 

This was a great season finale, but dang for making us wait until 2025 for the Del and Jacob reunion!  The Colton time travel thing really confuses me. Will he visit Del somehow and mess up her budding romance with Sam?   I'm a little clearer (but not a lot!) on the Casey sitch with seeing the same ring Alice was wearing.  There has to be a family connection, right?

So many questions!