Type keyword(s) to search

S28 E11: The Finale

• Start Topic

(edited)

Whew, I thought we weren't going to have a place to pass 3 boring hours. Three nice people who are SOOOO uninteresting makes three hours feel like three days.

Edited by WatcherUp2
  • Like 2
  • LOL 3
(edited)

Joey’s mom didn’t seem very enthusiastic with Daisy, or at least it seemed that way to me. 

Edited by DEL901
  • Like 7
2 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Joey’s mom didn’t seem very enthusiastic with Daisy, or at least it seemed that way to me. 

As a Mother, she’s thinking of all the things that Joey has to be aware of, like will she hear a baby cry at night .. things that go along with someone who has a hearing problem.  I think anyhow.

• Useful 1

One thing I've loved this season (and Gerry's women also) is that there is no where near as much overly made up women - we've seen natural, let it go hair, and I think even some either make up free, or very minimal.  Some of the past seasons, the women have way too much makeup on. It cracks me up in Paradise when the women sit around the mirror puttig on tons of makeup.

HIs family looked way more tired with Kelsey's visit.  Did they really film these on the same days? This sames to be something new. I thought they went on a date, than went to meet the folks.

Joey pretty much said what I've been saying for a while now, he and Daisy make sense, look good on paper.  Kelsey is way more emotional, which I think Joey wants more.

• Like 8

Joey on Daisy- she’s been through so much and she’s very special.

Joey on Kelsey- she’s amazing and I love being with her.

The choice seems obvious to me.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

This is crazy, but I think Joey is still attracted to one of he girls he let go.  I won’t say the name.

Again, Kathy and Susan.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 1

i think Daisy can probably read people really well since she has to rely on other senses.

oof Joey, that was a horrible wish.  It was like he was totally saying goodbye to her.  Lots of awkwardness for the rest of the date now.

• Like 14
(edited)

Wow, Joey is basically telling her she’s not the one and just going through the motions of a last date that doesn’t even let them interact much.  I feel bad for Daisy in that insinuated snub but not enough to want her as bachelorette. It’s also the 1st time Joey lost me in how well he’s handled the season.

Edited by dizzyd
  • Like 12

Oh joey that was smooth.  Like goodbye Daisy. Yikes

Just now, dizzyd said:

Wow, Joey is basically telling her she’s not the one and just going through the motions of a last date that doesn’t even let them interact much. 

That wasn’t cool. Ouch.

9 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

This is crazy, but I think Joey is still attracted to one of he girls he let go.  I won’t say the name.

Again, Kathy and Susan.

Come on you must spill.  I wonder if he’s still hung up on Charity 

• Like 2

Hey, gang! I started about 15 minutes late, but there have been enough commercial breaks and serious commentary from Jesse to FF through that I’m almost caught up. Joey is all Kelsey! The way he looks at her and talks about her. With Daisy, it’s a little creepy in a “disabled hero” kind of commentary. I felt bad for Daisy crying to Joey’s mom. Then again, they always edit to make the loser seem like the more obvious choice—but maybe that’s what the whole mother-in-law crying fest was with Daisy! Oh, yes! Kelsey is saying she thinks she’s ready and sis is questioning it, so she is getting the iffy edit—including Kelsey saying he would make a good choice with Daisy! But despite all this, Joey’s face says it  all. As Jesse reminded me, I’ve been watching this show 22 years to the day, so I have enough experience to know that all of this editing—including the potential dramatic ending—means he’s 100% engaged to Kelsey for 6 to up to 18 months.

• Like 7
  • LOL 8

What Joey said about feeling lucky to know Daisy, and wishing her happiness even if she's not chosen, does sound like a guy's misguided attempt to let a woman down easy. Her heart probably froze when she heard that.

• Like 15
  • Applause 3

Daisy is getting the love guru date?!? Oh, no, this is usually reserved for #3 whom the lead has 100% friend-zoned and only got dragged along to fill the space. Damn. Even Daisy knows getting this date means it’s not her! “My wish is that we both find happiness whether it’s together or individually. I feel so happy to get to have known you and I wish you nothing but the best.” Damn! This man is telling her outright good-bye forever, Daisy! 

• Like 17

JOey has definitely made his choice - and it's not Daisy. His face and "thank you."  He didn't even tell her he was falling for her like he did after hometowns.  I wonder if they've added a new clause to the leads contracts saying they can't tell 2nd place to leave before the rose ceremony because Joey seems like the kind of guy who would do that.  He's trying to give her all the clues for HER to make the choice to leave, since he can't without getting in trouble.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I have to appreciate how not great Joey is at faking his feelings. He couldn't even pretend to be happy and excited about Daisy telling him she loves him. On the one hand, it sucks for Daisy because she can tell something is off. But at least when she looks back on it, she won't feel blindsided wondering how she missed that he was more in love with someone else.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Like 18
(edited)

Duuude, stop already. How many ways can you tell Daisy it's not her before she makes it easy for you and runs away?

Edited by WatcherUp2
  • Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 1

Oh, fuck. The night portion of their date was even worse. Walk me out, indeed. Good news, Daisy, is that they’ll absolutely give you Bachelorette after that.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
9 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Daisy is getting the love guru date?!? Oh, no, this is usually reserved for #3 whom the lead has 100% friend-zoned and only got dragged along to fill the space. Damn. Even Daisy knows getting this date means it’s not her! “My wish is that we both find happiness whether it’s together or individually. I feel so happy to get to have known you and I wish you nothing but the best.” Damn! This man is telling her outright good-bye forever, Daisy! 

That was cold.  TPTB must have given him cliff notes. I don’t think he would have been so scripted on his own.  

I think Daisy would make a cute couple with John from charity’s season.  Another very nice guy and in the audience. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Daisy's date....not touching, kissing, laughing - no ability to talk during the day portion.

Kelsey's date...lots of opportuinity to touch, lots of kisses, opportunity to talk

hmmmmmmm

• Like 6
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Diana Berry said:

Oh joey that was smooth.  Like goodbye Daisy. Yikes

That wasn’t cool. Ouch.

Come on you must spill.  I wonder if he’s still hung up on Charity 

OK, call me crazy, but I think the twist here is MARIA.  He looked disgusted near the plane and let her go quickly, but I think he might have feelings for her still.  I know everyone thinks it’s Kelsey, but ….. just a hunch.   Joey looks weird with both Kelsey and Daisy tonight.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 3

I think Joey’s family liked how Kelsey talked about how she wanted him to be happy.  She was putting him first.   

And now she is talking about how much she loves him and his reaction is very different than with Daisy.  

• Like 7

I have to say, as a typical Wrong Reasons viewer, this is really playing my heartstrings to see Joey obviously so in love with Kelsey, compared to most recent seasons where they play up being in love with two people and basically acting like they’re flipping a coin to see who they’ll propose to.

• Like 11

They both are really sweet, tbh.  I think it is nice they can be so nice to each other and mature about it all.

• Like 11
  • Love 6