Type keyword(s) to search

The Valley

Message added by Mod-Tigerkatze,

Culture Check: How can we combine humor and still remember and respect the humanity of the person we're commenting on? Visit the community guidelines to find some tips.

• Start Topic

On 5/29/2024 at 12:18 PM, Marley said:

I bet Jax will have another kid with his next chick. He’s a pig and I bet he is not happy Cruz is having issues. In his stupid mind I’m sure he’s blaming anything happening with Cruz on Brittany.

Poor little  Cruz, lots of children  grow out of issues, or are a little  slower  than some children. I think they both love Cruz, I'll keep  thinking  that, even  though  I detest  Jax.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
(edited)

I really hope they don’t cast Lala and Scheana on this show.

Scheana will probably start a tradition of taking a romantic holiday with Brock every June, July or August, inviting all the other cast members to join them on their SummerMoon™ / SummerMoon© .

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 2
  • LOL 9

Jesse is very physically rough with others. He tried to pounce on Danny several times, without regard to how much pain he might be inflicting. Choked Danny with a towel, lifting him off the ground. And he grabbed Michelle’s face to kiss her. He roughly hugged her from behind, restraining her. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I enjoy Jesse for the most part but it bugs me the way he picks on Danny when he’s drunk. It’s like since he’s smaller than Jesse there’s no threat to messing with him. Especially when you have Jax who’s a bigger asshole but I guess since he’s a bigger person he leaves him alone. 
I like Brittany and I feel for her when she says she just wants Jax to not be mean to her. Still anyone that saw Jax on Vanderpump has to wonder why she married him in the first place.
Janet is bugging me less. I think she’s just a pregnant girl who wants to eat and gossip.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)
On 6/1/2024 at 9:12 AM, Chatty Cake said:

I enjoy Jesse for the most part but it bugs me the way he picks on Danny when he’s drunk. It’s like since he’s smaller than Jesse there’s no threat to messing with him. Especially when you have Jax who’s a bigger asshole but I guess since he’s a bigger person he leaves him alone. 
I like Brittany and I feel for her when she says she just wants Jax to not be mean to her. Still anyone that saw Jax on Vanderpump has to wonder why she married him in the first place.
Janet is bugging me less. I think she’s just a pregnant girl who wants to eat and gossip.

I think Jesse presents as arrogant, because he’s overcompensating for the fact that he’s very insecure. He tries to assert himself as the alpha in this group. Danny is an easy target because he is so small. If they were hanging out a lot even before filming this show, Jesse realized that Danny is extremely sensitive. Jesse also enjoys antagonizing Danny. “Nia wears the pants in this marriage,” again and again.

Brittany knew exactly whom she was marrying. I think she was thrilled that Jax responded so well to her trying to comfort and support him, when his father died. But Jax will always eventually default back to his factory setting of “A- - -OLE.”

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

On reels, I saw Danny and Nia. They said they start  season  2 this summer, and Lala will be joining the cast. Jax apparently  said no, no way, and she wont be,  but whatever  he thinks, this isn't his show to say no.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
(edited)
On 6/1/2024 at 9:24 PM, IntrovertRed said:

I really really really don't want Lala to join this show.

Me neither! She sucks. She’s not friends with any of them that I know of.

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Like 6
(edited)
On 6/1/2024 at 7:06 PM, dancingdreamer said:

On reels, I saw Danny and Nia. They said they start  season  2 this summer, and Lala will be joining the cast. Jax apparently  said no, no way, and she wont be,  but whatever  he thinks, this isn't his show to say no.

I hope in this case Jax does have some pull. She was awful on Vanderpump this season. She was jealous of Ariana for getting jobs and her popularity after Tom cheated on her. She didn’t understand why people didn’t like her when she was treated poorly by Randall. What her pea sized brain didn’t get was that she hooked up with Randall while he was married and was getting high end gifts for whatever she was doing to him. She has no good qualities and will just cause unnecessary drama for no reason.

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Like 8
  • Applause 2
4 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I hope in this case Jax does have some pull. That thing was awful on Vanderpump this season. She was jealous of Ariana for getting jobs and her popularity after Tom cheated on her. She didn’t understand why people didn’t like her when she was treated poorly by Randall. What her pea sized brain didn’t get was that she hooked up with Randall while he was married and was getting high end gifts for whatever she was doing to him. She has no good qualities and will just cause unnecessary drama for no reason.

I watch for the messy drama, so I suspect  it's a done deal. 

• Like 2
(edited)
17 hours ago, dancingdreamer said:

I watch for the messy drama, so I suspect  it's a done deal. 

She’s not entertaining drama though. 

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2

Here's what I've gleaned from this shit show: these women wanted babies with semi good looking men.  They got the babies and now they aren't into sex or working through the issues in the relationships. They made bad choices in partners.

More kids with fucked up parents. It's trending. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Jesse bragging about his most expensive $20,000 4 person, 5 course meal while they’re just showing Parmesan wheel pasta and langoustines will never not be funny.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 8
10 minutes ago, bosawks said:

Jesse bragging about his most expensive $20,000 4 person, 5 course meal while they’re just showing Parmesan wheel pasta and langoustines will never not be funny.

I'm still not knowing who any of these twatwaffles are except Jax, Brit and Kristen.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Is it me or does Jax's "bar" just look like some sort of sad little side establishment attached to a bigger, successful restaurant?

Like a semi-attached garage with a small patio.

Edited by bosawks
  • Like 3
  • LOL 8
10 minutes ago, bosawks said:

Is it me or does Jax's "bar" just look like some sort of sad little side establishment attached to a bigger, successful restaurant?

That’s because that’s exactly what it is.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
37 minutes ago, bosawks said:

It's still better than "there's something about her" sandwich shop. I'll stick with Subway. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1

Jax doesn’t talk about his issues and concerns?

Does he talk about anything else other than his issues and concerns….

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, bosawks said:

I believe that someone from VPR said that it is part of an already established restaurant.

My god I can’t stand Jax.  He is so full of himself.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Brittany  literally  ate Jax  on camera,  the camera's  he wanted. His fake tears, and saying  this is the last thing he expected,  is bullcrap.  He drove his wife to this. If he was half as upset as he says, he should  of moved his @ss out the house, and let his wife and son live there. His son doesn't  need an Airbnb. Jax is  so transparent, he makes  me sick.

I really  didn't  care about the others, Michelle  and Jesse  are better off without  each other, you hate to see a marriage  end, but if the couples are unhappy all the time, the child, or children  suffer.

I'm  glad  Janet's  baby was healthy.  I don't  care if Kristen, Luke or Zach are on this show again.

• Like 5

That was a nice touch showing footage of the cast members at their wedding. At least it shows that, whatever you think about this group, they really did have established friendships going in. 

• Like 4
19 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Why so much macrame?

I always think of this quote from the character Lu-Lu Fishpaw in Polyester when I see it, "I never wanted to use macramé to kill!".

• LOL 4

It was obvious Michelle hated Jesse the entire season. She left 3 days after filming ended, so she probably secretly had her exit plan all arranged during filming. At least Brittany seemed like she was genuinely trying with Jax. She probably was encouraged seeing Jesse upset over Michelle leaving and thought it would make Jax try harder for their marriage, but it didn’t work. 

I’m not sure how the next season will go if half of the couples are divorced. The part of the show that really worked was the marriages and raising kids. So much so that I assumed the childless singles would be cut because they were, to use (not) Jax’s word, superfluous. But maybe now that’s why they’re bringing Lala over so half the cast will be divorced moms trying to raise kids. Eh, I guess that could be interesting, but seeing people be real about their marriages was really the intriguing part of this show—especially seeing the men be vulnerable with each other. But I guess they can still focus on how the men and women each juggle the challenges of raising kids on their own—and with the two standing couples.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

The flashblacks did Brittany no favors. I'm not sure exactly what she did to her face but this is all I see now. 

7438912784780919933_1717588357930.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

When I watched the first episode of this show, I liked Janet and Jason the most.

Now I think Janet is awful. It looks like Jason does not like her drama and her need for gossip, but is trying to be a supportive spouse. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
26 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

I guess that could be interesting, but seeing people be real about their marriages was really the intriguing part of this show

I disagree, the intriguing part of the show was the disintegration of these marriages.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
On 6/1/2024 at 7:04 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

But Jax will always eventually default back to his factory setting of “A- - -OLE.”

This is classic.  I am so stealing this.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
(edited)
37 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Janet SUUUCKS.

She is smug and awful.  She was never willing to hear Zack.  He was right, she is now getting caught in her lies.

100%!!!!!

Now I am understanding why you dislike Ariana.

I don’t like smug either. I don’t care who you are or how pregnant you are. We are all individuals who (usually) deserve kindness and respect. Zack was correct when he said it was obnoxious to talk to him on speakerphone, without telling him that Simon and Jared (?) were listening in. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2

Wow... Jax and Jesse with those super fake manipulative crying confessions. Neither one of them could even choke out one fake tear. I'm so proud of Brittany for finally standing up for herself and I hope she continues. Don't really like Michelle but I am glad that she is also making sure Jesse doesn't try to control her anymore. I hope both parent's can put their BS aside and be good co-parents! 

• Like 4

Should Janet be doing shots while breastfeeding? She is breastfeeding, right?

Jason seems nice enough (I guess), but I do have to wonder about anyone who would marry Janet. She seems awful on every level.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
(edited)
On 6/5/2024 at 4:30 PM, Jaundiced Eye said:

Should Janet be doing shots while breastfeeding? She is breastfeeding, right?

A lot of my friends with kids would do the "pump and dump" method if they wanted to have a couple drinks while still breastfeeding.

On 6/5/2024 at 9:03 AM, mytmo said:
On 6/1/2024 at 7:04 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

But Jax will always eventually default back to his factory setting of “A- - -OLE.”

This is classic.  I am so stealing this.

THIS!!!  Jax has always shown us who he is.  How many times have we heard him cry that there's something wrong with him and he needs therapy?  Post Stassi, hasn't this sob story gone as far back as Carmen?!  I distinctly remember him telling Stassi this too at one of his and Brittany's parties at the house (while looking totally coked up).  How does that saying go?  "A leopard never changes its spots"?  Definition of Jax Taylor right there.

And I think deep down Brittany always knew this but she wanted to fight tooth and nail to prove the "haters" wrong.  Good for her to realize that her self-respect is worth more than staying in that marriage. 

Edited to remove my statement about how I hope they continue to be great parents to Cruz because other posters are right: the fact that Jax would make Brittany move out with Cruz is a shit move and reflective of his character.  That is NOT great parenting right there.

Edited by Marigold66
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

I've always had my issues with Brittany and I thought she was an idiot for taking him back after he cheated. But I applauded her in those last 10 minutes. She finally saw the light. Good for her for standing up for herself and seeing through Jax. I loved when she said "I bet money he won't go to the therapy appointment." Cut to Jax saying that he didn't go. Because it was too far. That man will never change. And what an asshole for refusing to leave the house. 

Hopefully everyone can come for Janet and her manipulation next season since she won't be able to hide behind the pregnancy. I felt so bad for Jasmine being put in the middle. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

I watched the Peacock extended version. Not a lot of interesting additional footage. But Zack has been in a relationship for about a year with a guy named Benji. They look cute and happy!

Zack, Kristen and Brittany are talking on the backyard patio of Jax and Brittany’s house. Brittany suggests they go back inside, because it’s getting hot. Zack mutters “… KFC…”

• Like 2

I got the feeling that Jesse was really upset but he’s also a stubborn prick so it’s hard to feel bad for him. I wonder if he really thought the marriage could be saved or if they both knew it was just for the show? 
Zach wasn’t in the wrong but he yells so much he’s not getting his point across.
Being married to Jax must have sucked. If he was that big of a jerk on the show, I wonder what he was when cameras weren’t rolling. His crying was fake, I didn’t see a single tear. What a dick move making her move out with their son. I’m glad she called him out and is getting away from him and his verbal abuse.  

• Like 5
20 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Zach wasn’t in the wrong but he yells so much he’s not getting his point across.

I don't like Zach. The way he goes from 0 to 60 and is nearly screaming is just too much for me. I find his voice both irritating and condescending.

I do have a soft spot for Jesse. Can he be an asshole? Yes, but he can also be funny & sarcastic and I like that. I felt bad for him re: the split. It has to be hard when your spouse falls out of love with you and wishes you would change your entire personality overnight. 

• Like 4