Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E07: Red Flag

• Start Topic

03/20/2024 (09:00PM - 10:00PM) (Wednesday) : Violet clashes with her new partner. Severide discovers a hidden stash of money on a call and squares off against the cops working the case. Mouch gets a parking ticket.

• Like 1

So Kelly goes to pick up the girl instead of an armed officer?  Okkk  and then goes back to check for the money by himself when there are violent drug dealers out there that almost killed him?  

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
42 minutes ago, Sandman said:

What’s Chief Robinson’s deal? She clearly hates Violet for, uh, reasons. She’s a walking red flag her own self. 

Maybe she’s related to Hawkins and blames Violet for his death?

although the end scene with Chief Boden made it sound like Robinson has a beef with the whole house, not just Violet personally.

• Like 1

Spoiler Alert!  Station 51 in peril again!  I was willing to accept Robinson's question on the first call as an ordinary suggestion about an alternate treatment, but when he doubled down at the house call, he lost my favor.  By the way, what was that in the victim's mouth?  Too icky for TV?

Gentlemen, that is why you don't mess around with valuables on an incident scene.  They should have immediately notified the Incident Commander (speaking of which, where was Boden?) and have him call the cops right away.  Get that monkey off your back.  It was stupid putting those sacks in the Squad.  Anyone could have seen that.  But anyway, so Grandma pocketed it and they all lit out for the territories, eh?  I'm a bit curious, though.  ~$60K missing from the total stash of ~$100K.  Even with $100 bills there's no way that amount would fit in that little vent hole.  Maybe those gangbangers will hire Anton Chigurh to go find it for them.

Mouch.  What are you doing?  Just give the citation to Boden, let him deal with CPD.  The city would pay it anyway, right?  He got lucky with the clerk, financially that is.  And, now they drop the technical rescue class in the plot, so is Mouch going to disappear for a while?

Sorry, 51, but Robinson has a point.  You don't go storing non employees at the fire station, for any reason.  There's so much that could go wrong there, even though it's been a plot point many a time.

• Like 1

I was so hoping that Boden would say something like "this again!?" at the end when it seems that the new paramedic chief or new paramedic has it out for the whole house. Seems like we get this plot every season? 

The patient had a spider in his mouth; they showed it quickly. Yes, it was gross. 

Severide doing Severide things... he faced armed drug dealers without any weapons and just had a hunch that Squad would show up? Or did he actually know they would? Cruz acted like it was his idea and Sev didn't know, so that was just dumb luck. Figures. 

Are the new police guys going to be recurring characters? Who cares. If Chicago One already has the Chicago PD people on payroll, just use them. There hasn't been a crossover in years... I guess that's out of the new budget?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I was so hoping that Boden would say something like "this again!?" at the end when it seems that the new paramedic chief or new paramedic has it out for the whole house. Seems like we get this plot every season? 

Are the new police guys going to be recurring characters? Who cares. If Chicago One already has the Chicago PD people on payroll, just use them. There hasn't been a crossover in years... I guess that's out of the new budget?

When Violet said her dramatic "they're coming after 51!" at the end I literally groaned and responded, "not again!"

I also wondered why they introduced a couple of new police jerks instead of using the PD people.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

When Violet said her dramatic "they're coming after 51!" at the end I literally groaned and responded, "not again!"

This show has a bad habit of relying on the same plot point over and over again. They should just stick to doing fire and rescue calls, they don't need the station imperiled every season. I say this almost every week, but it's a wonder the real Chicago fire department hasn't sued this show for slander the way they portray all the higher ups as corrupt assholes. Same with the police department.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, jcbrown said:

And it continues next episode; the promo states "Boden clashes with Paramedic Chief Robinson"

2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

This show has a bad habit of relying on the same plot point over and over again. They should just stick to doing fire and rescue calls, they don't need the station imperiled every season. I say this almost every week, but it's a wonder the real Chicago fire department hasn't sued this show for slander the way they portray all the higher ups as corrupt assholes. Same with the police department.

I suppose in the show's defense, they have said all along in past seasons that 51 is one of, if not the, busiest houses in the CFD. And they keep saying that Boden has his own way of doing things... So I guess to carry on the theme of attacking 51 is remaining consistent. (Personally, I forgot that they at least threw in those tidbits to try to explain, and have only been picking up on them since I started rewatching from the beginning.)

14 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

I was willing to accept Robinson's question on the first call as an ordinary suggestion about an alternate treatment, but when he doubled down at the house call, he lost my favor. 

New paramedic is named Lennox. Robinson is the female paramedic Chief.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Makes no sense. How often can they plant moles to 'go after' 51? and why? what's in it for the chief of paramedics, not like she can get his job? Just stay in your lane and do your own work, sounds like there's plenty to go around.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1