Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12: Live Chat

• Start Topic

I think that particular Progressive commercial is unfunny.  Boy's date for the prom isn't there and didn't inform him of the change is cruel....

• Applause 3

Anyone have any anecdotes? I'm bored to tears. 

I bought a bunch of herb plants and a rose bush and a hydrangea, potted them up and have the beginnings of a lovely container garden on my porch. Today I did the cook for my mother, (roasted red pepper and tomato soup, and braised lemon butter chicken with potatoes). I have had a headache all day. I blame pollen. 

What have you all been up to? @MagicEyes, have things improved since Monday? As I recall you were having a bit of a day. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Red Bridey said:

Syreeta will be able to breastfeed an entire maternity ward with those bazongas. Probably she'll bottle feed that baby though 🤷.

We don't want the baby getting lost in the bra.

• LOL 1

I have a story that is way off topic but still follows the rules of snarking on a tv episode.

Have any of you watched the show "La Brea"?  On one of the first shows,  a character was captured by an extraordinarily large snake.  She was rescued when one of the heroes jumped into the water and managed to shoot the snake.

I told the group, "If the snake is dead, they ought to retrieve the carcass for food.  We Louisianians would, at least, try to fry that sucker!  We are BIG Proponents of not going hungry."

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
1 minute ago, Chicklet said:

Treatment for what in Florida? 

I missed that, too. Something about cancer cells killed her last baby?

She had a molar pregnancy and she didn't understand what that was, it sounds like, and hopefully she is actually seeing a doctor this time. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Pi237 said:

I missed that, too. Something about cancer cells killed her last baby?

She had a molar pregnancy. Jen Arnold from the Little Couple show had one. It's rare. It's always a miscarriage.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I have a long list of tasks to do this week, but am working through them little by little. Got my hair "rejuvenated" today and had my eyebrows darkened (otherwise they don't exist) and I look mah-vellious! Went to the Y in a little skirt and noticed for the first time that my legs are spectacular! I always wear tights and my house mirrors are all above the waist so I never noticed! Yay me! Looking forward to shorts, skirts and skorts this summer.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Anecdote: my daughter who declared me toxic 11 years ago and has has zero contact, sent me a text. It said "Hi, Mom."

Edited by Suzywriter
  • Like 1
  • Hugs 4
  • Applause 1

Surely even the van life can allow for healthier eating?  You don't have to just buy junk if you have access to a public microwave at least...

15 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

I think that particular Progressive commercial is unfunny.  Boy's date for the prom isn't there and didn't inform him of the change is cruel....

Mean is in style.

• Sad 2
Just now, Hellga said:

Surely even the van life can allow for healthier eating?  You don't have to just buy junk if you have access to a public microwave at least...

Serious question: where would one find a public microwave?

Syreeta, losing a couple hundred pounds would sure make it easier for your body to sustain a healthy pregnancy...

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Serious question: where would one find a public microwave?

A lot of bigger rest stops and gas stations aka truck stops have them.   

And, surprisingly, some public libraries - the bigger ones that also host events like movie nights or town meetings. 

Edited by Hellga
  • Useful 1
7 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Anecdote: my daughter who declared me toxic 11 years ago and has has zero contact, sent me a text. It said "Hi, Mom."

Is this good or bad? Did you respond?

I get stress eating, trust me-know All about it-but when they say they ‘took a break from the program’ I’m like-dude-the program is basically not eating crap. Just not eating processed food would help these huge people lose weight and doesn’t require so much effort you need to take time off of it lol

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
1 minute ago, OoogleEyes said:

Is this good or bad? Did you respond?

It's good. We have texted, like strangers just meeting. We haven't talked about The Reason yet. Still, I have a family member again. 

2 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

I've never seen that kind of beach workout.

That's actually pretty smart!

• Like 2
  • Hugs 5
Just now, Suzywriter said:

It's good. We have texted, like strangers just meeting. We haven't talked about The Reason yet. Still, I have a family member again. 

That's great, friend. I'm happy for you! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Red Bridey said:

I have a long list of tasks to do this week, but am working through them little by little. Got my hair "rejuvenated" today and had my eyebrows darkened (otherwise they don't exist) and I look mah-vellious! Went to the Y in a little skirt and noticed for the first time that my legs are spectacular! I always wear tights and my house mirrors are all above the waist so I never noticed! Yay me! Looking forward to shorts, skirts and skorts this summer.

Hot damn, you go girl! I bet you look like a million bucks! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Refresh my memory, Pounders.  Do the patients continue to roll from side to side when they walk after the surgery?

• Like 1

I opened a beer for the first time since the winter holiday break, I think.  In honor of the first hot day of the year, because this is a snoozefest, and because my Dad used to say 'fish don't go on dry' and would usually have a beer (or vodka, in winter) when eating fish.  

(edited)
2 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

Refresh my memory, Pounders.  Do the patients continue to roll from side to side when they walk after the surgery?

I think a lot of them do...  if their body has rearranged its mechanics to accommodate the extra weight, unless they go through PT to re-teach their body to move differently, I doubt their walking would change much...

It's been 25 years since I hardcore speed skated but my quads still basically take over my whole body in terms of controlling my gait and other body movements. 

Edited by Hellga
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Holy hell! That’s the biggest stomach we’ve seen. Dr. Now’s going to mount that one to a wall in his office. 

• LOL 2
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

I think a lot of them do...  if their body has rearranged its mechanics to accommodate the extra weight, unless they go through PT to re-teach their body to move differently, I doubt their walking would change much...

Dr. Now mentioned that patients swing their body with momentum instead of stepping.

Mama Robin is a little odd.

Those Little Ceasar's grease bullets look distressing.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1