Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12: Live Chat

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

My FIFTIETH was a couple of years ago. My friend wanted me to go and was going to pay for my ticket, but I flatly refused. Turns out, surprise! the food sucked and the venue was chintzy and cheap. True to form for my apathetic, uninspired, mediocre class. I'm still friends with all my besties from HS anyway. 

My Dad was a high school teacher when he was 22 years old. He still gets invited to that class's reunions--last one was their 60th.  How funny is that? He's only 4 years older than them. Can you imagine seeing your teacher at your 60th HS reunion?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

My FIFTIETH was a couple of years ago. My friend wanted me to go and was going to pay for my ticket, but I flatly refused. Turns out, surprise! the food sucked and the venue was chintzy and cheap. True to form for my apathetic, uninspired, mediocre class. I'm still friends with all my besties from HS anyway. 

Mr Lemon still hears from some of his classmates who still live in the town. I forced Mr Lemon to move after we got married because he would have been content to be a townie sitting at the dive bar every Friday. The town looks exactly like it did 45 years ago. Mr Lemon is proud he still has a thick head of hair 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
26 minutes ago, CSunshine76 said:

How is it possible to lose only 6 pounds after surgery? The few people I’ve known that had it literally could not eat a thing!

There have actually been patients who gained right after surgery.   One early poundticipant went to the Taco Bell drive through on the way home after surgery.   

Some who talked about it said if you have high calorie foods, and have them constantly through the day, you can gain.  Some also stretch their stomachs back out.   

Amber thinks the gastric bypass should be hers, just because she wants it.    She seems to think it will be magic, but I'm afraid she'll ignore the restrictions, and get very sick.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, LizzyB said:

My Dad was a high school teacher when he was 22 years old. He still gets invited to that class's reunions--last one was their 60th.  How funny is that? He's only 4 years older than them. Can you imagine seeing your teacher at your 60th HS reunion?

The principal was at my father's 50th reunion.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Love 1

"She kills them"?  CUT flowers?  They're already dead.

Who are these people holding hands and laughing?  She hated him, the last we saw...

It's like the Lisa transformation.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
2 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

WHAT is with those walls?

I don't know but I'm scared. 

Amber's lying on the bed, occasionally twitching her leg, and voice overs proudly that she's working her butt off. Oh dear. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Can you imagine being a high school student and seeing your teachers on this show? I mean, kudos to them for trying to lose weight, but boy, this whole show is TMI, and if I were a high school kid, I would be DYING learning all this about my teachers' sex life and seeing them with dirty sheets as window treatments. 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1

He is proud of her pushing herself?  Yeah right...

The lady needs to actually do something other than lay there looking (and sounding) pissy.   She seems to think surgery is the magic bullet and just wants to be able to eat a shit ton of junk all the time.  I have no sympathy for her.    But Nathan keeps looking at her like a kicked puppy, sigh.

• Applause 1

Hey all! I took a nap after dinner and just woke up a few minutes ago. The walls looked like that the last time we saw these two. Painting walls is great exercise. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2

I'm sorry, dog people. That house looks smelly and that's too many dogs. The foot massage in that nasty room is about to make me toss my eating habit.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Hugs 1
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Amber's lying on the bed, occasionally twitching her leg, and voice overs proudly that she's working her butt off. Oh dear. 

Waving your arms up and down 10 times is not a workout. They should be walking walking walking

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

"occasionally twitching her leg" 😂

• Like 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Chicklet said:

But evidently waving your arms is in Dr. Now's book. Says Amber. So that's suspect right there.

She can't stick to the diet because she forgot her book. The diet is 2 pages and I would think you would have it memorized after a week. 

• LOL 1
Just now, Suzywriter said:

I'm sorry, dog people. That house looks smelly and that's too many dogs. The foot massage in that nasty room is about to make me toss my eating habit.

Yeah!  The foot massage made me turn away because I'm eating dinner.  Who wants to look at cankles and toes (possible toe jam, too)?

Sorry I am late checking in, I've been here watching since 8:06, but was playing games on my phone (embarrassed face).

Don't remember these two at all, but I haven't been a regular watcher so that's not a surprise. My eating habit is one of those frozen chicken kiev things, half of a plain baked potato and broccoli. And a glass of white wine!

This chick may be honest, but she's kind of lazy and not too pleasant. I feel for the guy with the lymphedema.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
Just now, MsVixen said:

Yeah!  The foot massage made me turn away because I'm eating dinner.  Who wants to look at cankles and toes (possible toe jam, too)?

Good lord, eating habit over!! I hate feet.

• LOL 1
2 minutes ago, LizzyB said:

Can you imagine being a high school student and seeing your teachers on this show? I mean, kudos to them for trying to lose weight, but boy, this whole show is TMI, and if I were a high school kid, I would be DYING learning all this about my teachers' sex life and seeing them with dirty sheets as window treatments. 

Right? We would have had a field day with that in my high school. Though of course I graduated in 1972, and the things that happened then that we thought nothing of are actual crimes now. 

• LOL 2
2 minutes ago, lemoncake said:

The drama teacher in my kids high school was a biggest drunk.

We had a security guard that was paying girls for their used panties 🤢

• Mind Blown 4
  • Angry 1
2 minutes ago, lemoncake said:

She can't stick to the diet because she forgot her book. The diet is 2 pages and I would think you would have it memorized after a week. 

Maybe if you're following it.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)
18 minutes ago, lemoncake said:

What is up with that house? 

Double wide (yes, I know.)   My cousin had a lovely double wide, and cheapened out on the underpinings, and their maintenance.   The entire end sank a couple of feet.

I suspect they or the landlord, are supposed to have the supports looked at to see if it's still supported correctly.  It looks like the supports aren't right.    

She still thinks she can magizally lose weight.  Nathan continues to lose, and should get his lymphedema and minor abdomen surgery the next month.   If he loses another 100 lbs, he'll get the big skin removal surgery and near his goal weight.

Amber-still gaining.   Why does she always drive, and he sits in the back?      I wonder if she's binging at work, or when Nathan's at the second job?   

Amber worries me.  She's not listening to Dr. Now, and still thinks she doesn't have to follow the diet, but exercise will make her lose a lot.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, lemoncake said:

The drama teacher in my kids high school was a biggest drunk.

One of the teachers at my kid's school is now a bartender at our favorite watering hole. 

• LOL 2

Has Amber been wearing the same exact shirt every time she goes to see Dr. NOw?

Nathan is wearing a real button-down shirt!  That's a step in the right direction.  And at 345 he is now 100 pounds lighter than her.  While she continues to bitch and gain. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, LizzyB said:

You have stories, @lemoncake, I can tell. 

Yup. I do. The university i retired from 3 years ago was featured on the front page of a national newspaper because of the tear gassing of pro Palestinian protesters. Its finals week so we normally would bring puppies on campus for the kids to pet to alleviate stress. Not this. SMH. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 6

I don't see as much progress as I would like - GAINING is PROGRESS?  In what world?  OR was she gaining at the speed of 10+ pounds per month previously? 

• Like 1
Just now, mk828 said:

We had a security guard that was paying girls for their used panties 🤢

We had an English teacher who was having an affair with one of his students, a junior. He was married to the sister of the school committee chairman. When the girl graduated, he divorced his wife and married her. He did not lose his job. We also had a teacher, a lesbian, who had a long standing attachment to a student. Took her places, bought her gifts. When that ended she had another relationship with another student, who moved in with her after she graduated. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 4

We had an English teacher who was having an affair with one of his students, a junior. He was married to the sister of the school committee chairman. When the girl graduated, he divorced his wife and married her. He did not lose his job. We also had a teacher, a lesbian, who had a long standing attachment to a student. Took her places, bought her gifts. When that ended she had another relationship with another student, who moved in with her after she graduated. 

Ewww

Amber is pissed at Nathan because she can't stop eating and he's losing weight. 

• Like 2

Amber just sits there, eyes closed, wordless. The picture of Patient Suffering. 

She doesn't understand why her "weight is so bad"? Honey. Put down the ice cream and get a damn hobby. 

• Like 2

Your school was better than this episode.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, lemoncake said:

Ewww

Amber is pissed at Nathan because she can't stop eating and he's losing weight. 

Amber is just pissed.

• Applause 3
  • LOL 1

She is actually capable of having a non-bitchy expression?  At the gym, at least?  Let's see if this 'pushing' will actually mean not gaining for a change...

• Like 1

So now she's going to try to exercise the weight off. Nope Amber put down the damned fork and spoon. And ice cream.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
6 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Right? We would have had a field day with that in my high school. Though of course I graduated in 1972, and the things that happened then that we thought nothing of are actual crimes now. 

I mean, I graduated in the 80s, and one of our teachers got a 9th grader pregnant and kept his job, so yeah.  But on a lighter note, yes, we also would have had a field day with this sishuashun.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1