Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12: Live Chat

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 4/11/2024 at 7:40 PM, Mollywolly555 said:

Going to insist he "doctor" up my medical needs this time to get obesity meds. 

Any other ideas?

You can get the generic pretty easily online or from a WL clinic.

Is he a "little person"?  You know what I mean...

He's extremely short!  Can't wait to see his BMI.

Edited by Dibs
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Yeah he is a clear case of swapping one addiction for another... he really needs therapy first.

The sister isn't much smaller than him.   They should get a family discount!  But she probably thinks she doesn't have an issue because she is tiny next to her brother...

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

He's worried about his brother dying and then takes him to buy all the crap food he can. Yea the whole family needs help.

And now my idiot neighbor is mowing the lawn... in the dark lol.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
Just now, MsVixen said:

My sisters and I didn't have a full time caretaker for Mom but we had aides come in to bathe her every other day and a sitter so we could do errands every week.

She wouldn't even need that much. She can still take care of herself. But its tough for my brother, who's there every day, to have coffee with her in the morning, pay her bills and take care of all the financial stuff, drive her to the store and the doctor and whatnot. Then he goes over at suppertime, makes sure she's got something to eat and check that the doors are locked. We're just hoping that if we get someone to look in on her a few times a week, help with tidying and errands, and keep her company. Then he'd have a break. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Ok ok…but he was a homeless meth addict and he was still 300lbs? Honesty, how?

That's some dedication to overeating for sure!

1 minute ago, babyhouseman said:

Never seen a shopping list on the show. He needs a notebook.

Why?  Just grab two of everything from the junk box & bottle aisles...

• LOL 1
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

She wouldn't even need that much. She can still take care of herself. But its tough for my brother, who's there every day, to have coffee with her in the morning, pay her bills and take care of all the financial stuff, drive her to the store and the doctor and whatnot. Then he goes over at suppertime, makes sure she's got something to eat and check that the doors are locked. We're just hoping that if we get someone to look in on her a few times a week, help with tidying and errands, and keep her company. Then he'd have a break. 

How old is your mother? 

Hello, my people!  My eating habit was kielbasa, onions, peppers, and some canned potatoes (eating thru some of my food storage before the move). I may have posted this meal before; it's become my go to right now. I added some Better than Bouillon with garlic. Yummy. And I made some chocolate cottage cheese 'ice cream' for later.

Man, you would not believe how much stuff you throw away while packing for a move. Between the 'I don't need that anymore' and the 'jeez louise, just throw it all away' stuff, there's a lot. Some missionaries from church are coming tomorrow to haul the 1st ton of bags to the trash bin. Then we're going to stuff our faces at Applebees. There's nothing as satisfying as feeding a passel of teen-aged boys. Not a picky eater in the bunch.

I got a house to rent in Wisconsin! My son did the walk-through and made videos. Just wanna say, that I love you, pumpkin, but scan the whole freakin' room, not just individual parts. Turn the camera right side up. And no, sweetie, I don't need to see the service sticker on the furnace.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

Groceries are so outrageously expensive these days. These guys fill their carts with junk and I’m just like, how?! I can’t even imagine their monthly grocery bill. Damn.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Talk with your Council on Aging or whatever Elder services you have.  They could recommend some places to get help like that.  Also, think about a Senior Daycare where she can be around others.

• Useful 1
Just now, OoogleEyes said:

How old is your mother? 

She's 95! She's physically healthy but she's getting vague and is easily confused these days. Ironically, she brightens up when there are people around, but she tires easily. A home visitor would be a godsend, really. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

These folks don’t even know what a vegetable is. And boneless chicken? Who ever heard of such a thing!

Doesn't have to be boneless, just not breaded and fried!

• LOL 1
On 4/10/2024 at 8:09 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

Aw, aren't you nice! This week I made: braised chicken with mushrooms (Anne Burrell's recipe) and curried beef with potatoes and peas. I baked naans to have with the curry, and made Israeli couscous with parmesan and peas for an all purpose side, since I made so many potatoes last week. For a sweet I made an apple walnut bundt cake. Then my brother took us (me, my son, and houseguest) to dinner. A splendid time was had by all. 

I had a baked sweet potato and a hard boiled egg, the only low sodium food I could eat at this rehab nursing home. And an Ensure. Oh and a few chocolate covered almonds my friend brought me from my apartment on Sunday. Bag was almost done and I finished it off

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, LizzyB said:

Oh my, the walking down the hallway.  Very Oompa Loompa. I'm going to hell, I know...just throw me the drawers!

I'm right there with you.  First things I thought of was "weebles wobble but they don't fall down."

I hate myself.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

He needs sugar, y’all.

I shouldn’t talk. I bought syrup yesterday because I am dying for an egg cream.

I haven't had anything sweet other than dried fruit since March 18th.  Sigh.  But I am four pounds and 1% body fat down since March 10th.  I will resume eating sweets on May 5th but I will try to be very disciplined because I still have a goal of being able to fit into EVERYTHING I own if not by my birthday at the end of June then by the time I go to Europe in September...   That's another 15-20 pounds I need to shed to be able to fit into a dress I last wore in 2009 (it kind of zips, but I look like an overstuffed sausage in it). 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, crazycatlady58 said:

What does Milf stand for.

Mom I'd Like to F***. As in, your friend's mom who's still hot.

Ope, there's the little doggies!

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

Talk with your Council on Aging or whatever Elder services you have.  They could recommend some places to get help like that.  Also, think about a Senior Daycare where she can be around others.

We've already been in touch with the local senior services folks, they've sent someone over to meet my mother and brother. Now the issue is persuading her to accept a visitor! We've entertained the notion of the local senior center but I doubt she'd go. She's going deaf and has a hard time around a lot of hubbub. 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Hellga said:

I haven't had anything sweet other than dried fruit since March 18th.  Sigh.  But I am four pounds and 1% body fat down since March 10th.  I will resume eating sweets on May 5th but I will try to be very disciplined because I still have a goal of being able to fit into EVERYTHING I own if not by my birthday at the end of June then by the time I go to Europe in September...   That's another 15-20 pounds I need to shed to be able to fit into a dress I last wore in 2009 (it kind of zips, but I look like an overstuffed sausage in it). 

Same except I just got back from vacation. I am too afraid to weigh myself after 2 weeks on a river cruise with an abundance of food but my clothes don’t fit well, my estimation is about 15 pounds to lose 

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Hugs 1
9 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Um, I actually know someone who does this on a very occasional, case-by-case basis in our area. LMK if you want actual contact info! 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I’m going to work “I don’t know what I remember” into a conversation this week, if I actually talk to anyone.

Have you managed to work "it tickles my loins" into a conversation yet? 

Just now, LizzyB said:

Um, I actually know someone who does this on a very occasional, case-by-case basis in our area. LMK if you want actual contact info! 

I'll message you! Thanks!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1