Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12: Live Chat

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, CSunshine76 said:

I’m late…is his bottom half always just NAKED?! 

Yup.  has been for seven years, it sounds like.  

• Like 1
Just now, Elizzikra said:

What does Abi do for work? I missed that.

Some sort of customer service.

I hope he got a good bonus for that last scene before the commercial. The blurrer had a job to do.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Chicklet said:

The wife- is that a tattoo or a birthmark on her neck? It looks like lips.

It's a tattoo of lips, very popular.   

Abi does something about refinancing cars I think.   

• Like 1
Just now, Hellga said:

Yup.  has been for seven years, it sounds like.  

Saves on pants. Pants cost so much more money than Tate's cookies.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Elizzikra said:

If they get food assistance, though, you can't use it on that.

What does Abi do for work? I missed that.

She works and he does remote call center work by the sound of it. No reason for them to be on SNAP. And if they can't get a delivery, the grocery store sells rotisserie. Shoot, they'd be better off getting a few bags of salad and a stack of Stouffer's frozen than eating a bunch of garbage all the time.  I just get tired of these people saying they have no choice when it comes to food.

• Like 6
1 minute ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

It's a tattoo of lips, very popular.      

Is that what it was? I only saw it for a second. I thought it was a birthmark. Who gets lips tattooed on their neck?

• Like 2

These people seem to have actual 9 to 5 jobs.  How are they going to move to Texas for Dr. Now's program?  Before I retired, there would be no way I could quit my job (or Would quit my job).

• Like 4

Processed food is cheaper than fresh vegetables in that they have a longer shelf life, so you can make bigger, more filing meals out of it-Plus, you can find that in dollar stores....However, none of that junk is sitting on the shelf for long in that house and he's buying name brand junk food which is Really expensive now.

• Like 2
Just now, aliya said:

Is that what it was? I only saw it for a second. I thought it was a birthmark. Who gets lips tattooed on their neck?

So does that mean that you’ve never watched an episode of Love After Lockup?

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 3
Just now, MsVixen said:

These people seem to have actual 9 to 5 jobs.  How are they going to move to Texas for Dr. Now's program?  Before I retired, there would be no way I could quit my job (or Would quit my job).

If his job is telemarketing, maybe he can work from anywhere? Don't know what she does and how easily she can find another job.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Hellga said:

It hurts for YOU?  What about your wife and sister, you think their backs aren't screaming louder than you from moving your hundreds of inert pounds???

"hundreds of inert pounds" = alternate title for this show

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
1 minute ago, aliya said:

She works and he does remote call center work by the sound of it. No reason for them to be on SNAP. And if they can't get a delivery, the grocery store sells rotisserie. Shoot, they'd be better off getting a few bags of salad and a stack of Stouffer's frozen than eating a bunch of garbage all the time.  I just get tired of these people saying they have no choice when it comes to food.

Bags of rice and dried beans and a bottle of basic oil and some cheap veggies like carrots and cabbage - complete nutrition for dirt cheap and not a lot of cooking time.  Throw in some chicken (raw or rotisserie, not that baking a tray of chicken thighs takes a lot of time or skill) and here are your cheap and nutritious dinners that take probably 5 minutes per serving to prepare in the end. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, MsVixen said:

His job is remote. They are in Austin, less than 3 hours from Dr Now.

• Like 3

They live in Texas. 

• Like 3

They're already there. They moved to be near his sister or something after a hurricane in Puerto Rico.

• Like 1
Just now, Auntie Anxiety said:

So does that mean that you’ve never watched an episode of Love After Lockup?

I tried to watch that but throwing things at my tv seemed to be the wrong thing to do so I stopped watching.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

They are in Austin.  That's only 2.5 hours - no need to move...

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

They live in Austin. 

Hey! We don't even get a car ride 😒

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Another guy with delusions of 'moving will help me lose weight'.  To lose weight and still eat the crap you eat in the amounts you eat you would have to exercise like an Olympic runner, not wiggle your toes or move your arms a little. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Hellga said:

They are in Austin.  That's only 2.5 hours - no need to move...

Doesn't Dr. Now require people to live in Houston?  I don't remember what other people who lived in Texas did.

That's still a large serving of eggs but at least no sausage. 

I really want to see what he does for PT.  Probably tries to do the minimum he can get away with, not nearly as much as he should. 

• Like 2

Doesn't Dr. Now require people to live in Houston?  I don't remember what other people who lived in Texas did.

No, usually he is OK if they live a couple hours away, if it's more than 5-6 hours away, I think he requires a move.  I remember someone was driving over from out of state, even, as long as they weren't too far away.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

I don't know that it has to be Houston but I think within a certain radius.

I really want to see what he does for PT.  Probably tries to do the minimum he can get away with, not nearly as much as he should. 

I get super frustrated with people on this show, but I seriously can't imagine the amount of pain this guy lives with every day. His weight, he's bedbound and he has those awful bedsores? I wouldn't want to exercise either.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, babyhouseman said:

Wow the physical therapist looks like a viking.

he better be ruthless like a Viking too.  Willing to push this guy beyond what is comfortable for him, because he seems to have an awful lot of pity for himself.  And having been through PT for myself and for my Mom, I know you have to work through pain.  The important difference is knowing which pain is the right kind of pain that means stop and which means 'just keep working, you are on the right path.'

• Like 6
1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

In college, I dated a guy named Thor. Yep, tall and blond. 

I dated 2 Howard's. Yep neither tall nor blonde. Just nerdy.

• LOL 7
(edited)

I can't Imagine anyone falling in love with someone who is over 400lbs and eats like that. Not sexy. But I guess the heart wants what the heart wants.

Edited by Pi237
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, Pi237 said:

I so wanted Jason to have a thick Scottish accent. 

At least, sound like the character Thor in "Ghosts".

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

he better be ruthless like a Viking too.  Willing to push this guy beyond what is comfortable for him, because he seems to have an awful lot of pity for himself.  And having been through PT for myself and for my Mom, I know you have to work through pain.  The important difference is knowing which pain is the right kind of pain that means stop and which means 'just keep working, you are on the right path.'

I had to do PT after I broke my wrist. My therapist gave me a sign that said, if it hurts, its working. With his help I got full motion back. But yeah, no picnic. I cant imagine the pain of bedsores. But he's intelligent enough to know if he does what he's supposed to, the sores will heal

• Like 3