Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E06: Love Me Tender

• Start Topic

(edited)

Jared and Kyle argue, which has consequences. Cat struggles to find her place on the yacht. The exterior struggles with a difficult docking while Eileen gets under the skin of the entire yacht. A night in the hot tub has long-lasting repercussions.

Aired 3.11.2024

Wow, Fraser really has it out for Barbie. Not sure why her asking for direction on cutlery caused him to be so angry, complaining to the Chef about her. Nothing in her tone or comment was disrespectful or insubordinate. He really seems to personally dislike her and it's not clear why.

The favoritism of Cat is bordering on completely unfair. She gets to frolic in the ocean while Barbie works her ass off? I'd be a bit resentful too.

Now Fraser did read Jared right. Dude's a ticking time bomb. 

Edited by snarts
  • Like 7

I think Fraser has done a good job overall however losing Barbie who is good worker will not be good for him.Cat is fragile as person but she has gone thru alot in life, thought it was great Captain took her out on ocean and gave her mental break and Fraser done good job with Cat also they can build her confidence.Jared is mess cant call distance(its not hard) but it was clear the incident at the end was not about Kyle leaving tobacco it was about his jealously doubt he lasts the season.

• Like 4

What the heck was on Kerry's chin this episode? Was it just a big old zit? It wasn't there during his TH segments.

I'm so sick of everyone coddling Cat. Do your damn job or get off the boat. Both Fraser and now Kerry acting like she's some kind of delicate flower that needs nurturing, Kerry takes her out to play while Barbie stays aboard doing all the work. I'd be pissed off too. 

And still Cat is on the phone whining to her friend she isn't vibing with the crew. Go home already, you big baby.

This was definitely the episode where everyone has delicate fee-fees and Fraser seems to have taken it on himself to tell everyone how to treat everyone else. Be nice to Cat! Be nice to chef! Shut up Fraser.

I don't feel bad for Jared either, whatever his issue is with his daughter and his ex. His go-to reaction seems to be getting drunk and belligerent. That said, he was trying to clean up the boat, so at least he's trying to do his job.

Barbie: "I sold finance on Wall Street."

Crickets.

Huh? You sold finance? How does one "sell" "finance?"

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 5

Well when Fraser got into the latest tiff with Barbie, they flashed back to the last season with Camille, defying him and drinking on the job.

Is it a fair edit?

Barbie clearly triggers him.  Maybe not as blatantly defiant but still challenges to his authority.

Respect Ma-h Authori-ay! /Cartman.

Jared is spiraling when he can't call his daughter or when Barbie ignores him.  So his go to is his drink.

And now he said he felt good about the docking when he wasn't giving Kerry the information he wanted.  Why did they not repeat the previous docking?

In any event, he seems to be the sacrificial lamb firing, which they hinted at in the season premier and have been dropping breadcrumbs in every episode since.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Talk about a motley crew.

Jared is just a hot mess with Ben salivating for his imminent demise.

Sunny, having been burned many times, just jumps on the first available dick.  Isn't a definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over expecting different results?

Kyle seems to have it mostly together.

Then the interior soap opera with dueling drama queens.  Oy!

Cat has a boatload of baggage that needs to be dealt with.  She doesn't belong here.

Throw in some obnoxious drunken guests and we have

trainsmash.gif.458f4bbca287498d2640742c68e97905.gif

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I'm starting to think taking over for Captain Lee on the "mothership" might be going to Kerry's head a little bit. He seems obsessed with inspecting every nook and cranny of the boat to find something wrong he can point out to the crew. Even Sandy doesn't micromanage this much. And Captain Lee barely ever left the wheelhouse.

• Like 5
9 hours ago, iMonrey said:

What the heck was on Kerry's chin this episode? Was it just a big old zit? 

I did a double take too. There is a shot that you can see from the side and it's swollen huge. I'm thinking spider bite. 🕷️☠️🕸️

• Like 1

#TeamBarbie.  I generally like Fraser but he is completely in the wrong with Barbie.  She had no tone with him whatsoever, at least not in the scenes we saw, and he gets his shorts in a bunch and then goes and complains about her to Chef Anthony?  Worse, he insinuates that he will fire her if she complains about him behind his back, like he's doing complaining about her behind her back?  No.  Absolutely not.  They may have started off on the wrong foot but she's clearly a good worker and is pleasant to the guests.  Like Kerry said last week, you don't have to like her personally and/or be friends with her but you do have to work with her.   And note to the editing monkeys: Barbie is nothing like Camille, who did not want to work at all, and who drank during charter.  

Why on earth didn't Kerry take Cat out on the water after the guests had left?  Seems absolutely unfair (and stupid) to do that when there is a charter in progress and Xandi and Fraser are off the boat, leaving Barbie to do the work of two people.  I give Barbie credit for not telling Fraser and/or Xandi what happened while they were gone.  

I questioned last week whether Cat was going to have a meltdown each charter and here we go.  They are going to find that they do not have time to pacify this emotionally 14-year-old every time she thinks people don't like her or she's not vibing with them.  What does she expect?  That is everyone is going to pay her attention and everything will center around her when they're out?  Enough is enough.  She needs to be told to do her job like the adult she supposedly is and quit worrying about whether she's vibing with anyone or whatever.  It's six freaking weeks.  Get over it or leave.

Chef Anthony, OTOH, is grieving the death anniversary of his father and he holds it together better than Cat.  I like him more and more each episode.  His food looks wonderful, as does his plating.  He gets up, goes to work, and avoids the drama (at least so far).  I have no doubt that he will fulfill the dream he had with his dad and open a restaurant in Miami.  

Ben is a penis that is attached to a meat suit.  Other than gunning for Jared's job, he really provides nothing else but looking to get laid.  I expected more from Sunny.  

Kyle comes off as a bit lazy but apparently once he works, he does work.  

Jared has a problem.  He's a belligerent drinker and he apparently drinks to get drunk.  Given his previous conversations with Kerry, who can understand and sympathize the situation with his daughter, why on earth doesn't Jared go to Kerry and ask about using the ship's phone?  There has to be a ship-to-shore phone on the boat, right?  Or a laptop?  Some way to communicate with his child's mother that there are connectivity issues and he's not blowing off talking to his daughter.  He's letting the personal issues affect his judgment in every regard and it's going to get him a ticket home if he's not careful. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

And note to the editing monkeys: Barbie is nothing like Camille, who did not want to work at all, and who drank during charter.  

Not that editing deserves the benefit of the doubt, but I don't think they were trying to suggest Barbie is like Camille in any way except for the fact that she talked back to Fraser. Which seems to be what triggered Fraser in the first place and he still hasn't gotten over it. So any time she says anything he gets all shirty about it. That said, I'm not sure what she was getting at when she said "I'm used to having a chief stew tell me how to do it" while she was setting the table. It seems like she kind of does have a talent for putting her foot in her mouth.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
9 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

I questioned last week whether Cat was going to have a meltdown each charter and here we go.  They are going to find that they do not have time to pacify this emotionally 14-year-old every time she thinks people don't like her or she's not vibing with them.  What does she expect?  That is everyone is going to pay her attention and everything will center around her when they're out?  Enough is enough.  She needs to be told to do her job like the adult she supposedly is and quit worrying about whether she's vibing with anyone or whatever.  It's six freaking weeks.  Get over it or leave.

ITA.  She is at a JOB.  Not a summer romance or friendship.  And after Captain took her out on the surfboard or whatever they call it, while Barbie worked, she still did not feel like she was fitting in.  She needs therapy if she is this sensitive to day-to-day life.  

Barbie is not as near as bad as Fraser is seeing it.  I want them both to get along as I like them both.  I think Fraser is doing fine, other than his short sightedness on Barbie.

Jared needs to go home.  Someone suggested upthread that he ask the captain if he could use the ship to shore phone.  Something. Anything other than hitting the bottle and then taking Kyle to task about cleaning up after they partied.  Since when does that happen?  He is miserable and is making sure everyone knows it and feels it.   

• Like 3

I was hoping Jared would pull it together.  To me, he comes across as a nice guy, though a bit all over the place.  His last drinking bout and subsequent reprimand by Kerry should have made more of an impact, yet there he goes again.  The worst thing for me about losing Jared is that a-hole Ben would be made bosun.  Yuck.

• Like 8
On 3/13/2024 at 11:16 AM, iMonrey said:

Not that editing deserves the benefit of the doubt, but I don't think they were trying to suggest Barbie is like Camille in any way except for the fact that she talked back to Fraser. Which seems to be what triggered Fraser in the first place and he still hasn't gotten over it. So any time she says anything he gets all shirty about it. That said, I'm not sure what she was getting at when she said "I'm used to having a chief stew tell me how to do it" while she was setting the table. It seems like she kind of does have a talent for putting her foot in her mouth.

It was like she was insinuating that he wasn't doing his job of guiding her when she knows damn well that he knows she's more than capable of setting a proper table. That's what irritated him. The girl just can't help herself.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, politichick said:

It was like she was insinuating that he wasn't doing his job of guiding her when she knows damn well that he knows she's more than capable of setting a proper table. That's what irritated him. The girl just can't help herself.

Yep. I’m on Team Fraser with this one. Barbie has a very bad attitude. She couldn’t stop whining about Cat’s excursion with Captain Kerry, even though he said he would plan something with her in the future. BTW, I agree with the posters that said the efoil lesson should have taken place between charters because there was too much work for Barbie to do on her own. It would have served Barbie better to ask if Cat could help with the chores first.

• Like 3
On 3/12/2024 at 6:40 AM, snarts said:

Aired 3.11.2024

Wow, Fraser really has it out for Barbie. Not sure why her asking for direction on cutlery caused him to be so angry, complaining to the Chef about her. Nothing in her tone or comment was disrespectful or insubordinate.

I found that to be an odd interaction as well. He is usually more restrained with the stress, so I am thinking it's the producer's edit. I think more was said than what we watched, and Fraser had just reached his limit.

Oddly enough at both ends of the hierarchy. That was some casting to illustrate that the cabin steward on the lowest end of the staff and the bosun were not able to handle the stress of the job and were offloaded at the same time.

• Applause 2