Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 Live Thread

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Bookworm13 said:

And Rita just lost me with her Gordon Ramsey guess. That’s below Ken ridiculousness. 

Yeah, I doubt it's Ramsay. Although he does have a bunch of shows on Fox and the network does like to do little crossovers once in awhile. But Ramsay would be a guest host rather than a contestant.

• Like 1

No clue about Clock. 
I think Spaghetti and Meatballs is Jeremy Allen White. 
His hit show on Showtime was Shameless and his current hit on Hulu is The Bear where he portrays an Italian chef. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
1 minute ago, NeenerNeener said:

Yeah, I doubt it's Ramsay. Although he does have a bunch of shows on Fox and the network does like to do little crossovers once in awhile. But Ramsay would be a guest host rather than a contestant.

I agree! 

I saw that they have new costume designers this season, which may be why they look better than they have in a few seasons. 

• Like 4

Jenny should think of dying her hair dark for awhile. Her hair tonight looks so much better than her usual blonde, IMO. 

I thought I had Clock figured out, but now I’m just more confused 😂

• Like 1

I don't like theme nights. They keep dressing the panel according to the theme and it usually doesn't flatter any of them.

I’m a little concerned about next week. Spoiler tagged for anyone who wants to be surprised

Spoiler

Shower Anthems - songs best sung at full volume in the shower

Oh hell, Spencer and Heidi are still around 😳

Poodlemoth is making me emotional tonight. Didn’t love this performance as much as last week, though. 

• Like 1

I don't think Janet Jackson is a bad guess for the clock. Her sister, La Toya was on an earlier season plus we haven't heard much from Janet lately. 

• Like 2
(edited)

I agree with Robin/Rita. There were a few clues that solidified it for me after rewatching last weeks performance. 
Hopefully the wildcard is a decent singer since I can’t see him staying now that 2 judges have ID’d him. 

Edit : ok, ignore all that ^^, Lion isn’t coming across as more than a one&done to me. 

Edited by Bookworm13
  • Like 1
(edited)

Could Lion be Larry David? He’s one of the first people I associate w/Jerry Seinfeld. 

Edit : Wow, definitely not someone I would have guessed if I had 100 guesses. 

Edited by Bookworm13
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Bookworm13 said:

Could Lion be Larry David? He’s one of the first people I associate w/Jerry Seinfeld. 

I had no clue for Sir Lion. This was one of the best episodes of the Masked Singer I loved the opening.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Bookworm13 said:

I thought it could be Larry David as well. When he sang I knew it didn't sound like him. Never would have guessed Billy Bush. I don't even know who he is.

• Like 1

I said last week who I thought lizard is and this week Robin and Rita agree with me. I’m still torn on clock. Surprised no one tried singing the theme from the Jefferson’s. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I thought it could be Larry David as well. When he sang I knew it didn't sound like him. Never would have guessed Billy Bush. I don't even know who he is.

I’ll message you. 

(edited)

Oh crap, that Ding Dong bell again. 

ETA: at least they didn't dress the ladies in shower curtains to go along with the night's theme.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • LOL 3

I was hoping they had gotten rid of that stupid bell this season, but at least it can only be used once.

Every time Clock sings, I get more confused about who she is. Another solid performance tonight.  

• Like 1

Not a surprising unmasking, but still fun nonetheless. Can’t believe Thong Song is 24 years old - I am now transported back to 2000 when this song was always playing on the radio here. 

• Like 1

Well at least we don’t have to worry about the bell anymore which means we’ll get a couple double unmaskings. And both women tonight deserve to move forward. 

• Like 2

Clock is amazing I want her to win the championship. I will be thrilled if Poodle Moth is Shania Twain. Nick put on a shirt your body isn't that great.

• Like 2

It would be awesome if Poodle Moth is Shania Twain, she clearly won the battle smackdown but she didn't sing better than the clock throughout. I think both of them are better than everyone else in the other two groups. I'm still getting Thelma Houston or a Staples singer for clock.

I thought Nick said the can only be used in the finals for each group, so I think we'll see it two more times. So glad they used it this time though.

• Like 1
(edited)

Not a fan of the Ding Dong bell!  The whole concept of the show is for us to guess who is behind the mask.  It makes no sense when we get an episode with no unmasking.  It is obvious that the showrunners do not listen to the fans.  Most fans do not want the bell.

I'm old because I have never heard of the thong song.  That dude who sang it, I think I've heard of him......maybe not!  😁

Edited by rr2911
  • Like 1
21 hours ago, rr2911 said:

Not a fan of the Ding Dong bell!  The whole concept of the show is for us to guess who is behind the mask.  It makes no sense when we get an episode with no unmasking.  It is obvious that the showrunners do not listen to the fans.  Most fans do not want the bell.

I'm old because I have never heard of the thong song.  That dude who sang it, I think I've heard of him......maybe not!  😁

Well, they did unmask one of the final three…

• Like 2
On 4/6/2024 at 1:28 PM, Rickster said:

Well, they did unmask one of the final three…

Yeah they did, but it's still a disappointment since the show is about revealing who is behind the mask.  To me the type of show The Mask Singer is, having a save feature doesn't work well imho.

(edited)

Well, at least the backup dancers aren't headless and Nick is wearing a turtleneck.

ETA:  Starfish should be going home tonight.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Like 3

Goldfish needs to win tonight, and nobody should ring that #&@^%!$^%&!$^ bell for this round.

I thought they were only using it once this season. 

❤️ Goldfish. She’s miles ahead of everyone else, so far. I’m probably way off base here, but during the clue package, the first name to pop into my head was Selena Gomez w/the whole Bieber thing that still happens. No idea what her singing voice actually sounds like, though. 

• Like 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Bookworm13 said:

I thought they were only using it once this season. 

I thought Nick said they could use it in all the later rounds, but maybe he misspoke or I misunderstood.

If it was only available last week then they knew they had two heavy hitters in Group C and wanted them both to go on to the next round.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

I thought Nick said they could use it in all the later rounds, but maybe he misspoke or I misunderstood.

It could also just be wishful thinking on my part since I hate it 😂 But he did say only 3 were going to the finals, so we’re definitely getting rid of 2 tonight. 

• Useful 1
(edited)

Goldfish is the only one that's doing justice to Queen right now.

I like Rita's outfit better than Jenny's. And Nick's not wearing a shirt again tonight. Ugh.

Oh good, no stupid bell for the rest of the season.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Like 4