Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 Live Thread

• Start Topic

(edited)

Gotta be honest, based on all the commercials I’ve watched, TPTB could not project the outcome of tonight more. But I’m hoping for some good songs 🤞

Edit : The wardrobe dept is usually better at dressing the judges cohesively, but they’re kind of a mess tonight. Love Rita’s dress, though. 

Edit 2 : Ugly Sweater is a firecracker! Where was this personality in past weeks? 

Edited by Bookworm13
  • Like 2

Goldfish vs. Clock will be amazing. I had no idea who Charlie Wilson was. I heard of the Gap band but I didn't realize he was so famous.

• Like 4
40 minutes ago, kathyk2 said:

Goldfish vs. Clock will be amazing. I had no idea who Charlie Wilson was. I heard of the Gap band but I didn't realize he was so famous.

His voice still sounds the same. He's the only surviving member of The Gap band.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, kathyk2 said:

Same here. 

• Like 2
(edited)

I ❤️ the Beets! That just erased the bad vibes from the beginning of the show. 

Edit : I don’t know how the judges are struggling this much(if its real). Their voices were super recognizable tonight. 

Edited by Bookworm13
  • Like 4
(edited)
4 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

I never recognize any of the voices. Not even the one time William Shatner was on.

If you want to know, I’m certain Beets are 

Spoiler

Clay Aiken & Ruben Studdard

Edit : Can I petition to have no dead/dying/ill wives next season? I get that everyone goes through shit, but this is one of my happy, relaxing shows and those stories just drag the mood down so much for me. 

Edited by Bookworm13
  • Like 4
(edited)
12 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

It's so obvious who the Beets are--I thought at least one judge would get it right.  

Seriously. If you've ever heard

Spoiler

Clay

especially, sing, you'd guess it in a second

Edited by luna1122again
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
33 minutes ago, Bookworm13 said:

Goodbye, Seal! As entertaining as that was, it was giving 'drunk uncle at a 4th of July party" vibes, not actual good vocalist. 

If Seal is the person that was mentioned in the spoilers post it would make sense. Seal wants/tries to be singer but just isn't that good.   

EDITED: It was Corey Feldman. That bad voice was recognizable.I  recall when he was some morning TV show (maybe GMA?) and had girl back up singers dressed as angels.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Like 2

Damn, I really wasn't expecting this given that they're big name singers as compared to Gumball. 

Edit : Wow, based on the looks on their faces, the judges really didn't know who Beets were. 

Edited by Bookworm13
  • Like 2
7 minutes ago, Bookworm13 said:

Damn, I really wasn't expecting this given that they're big name singers as compared to Gumball. 

Edit : Wow, based on the looks on their faces, the judges really didn't know who Beets were. 

I can understand why Rita wouldn't know who Clay and Ruben were because American Idol wasn't on in England. I don't know why the others didn't know them.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, kathyk2 said:

I can understand why Rita wouldn't know who Clay and Ruben were because American Idol wasn't on in England. I don't know why the others didn't know them.

Noted, I haven't watched this show except for a couple of clips now and then that friends send me to see "Does this sound like XXX Person to you?". And I don't know, are the judges instructed not to be instantly right on all of their guesses? Because Clay is arguably one of the most recognizable voices from Idol, IMO.

• Wink 1

49 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Because Clay is arguably one of the most recognizable voices from Idol, IMO.

Right.  I'm assuming it's simply the passage of time and they forgot what Clay sounded like since he's not the superstar he once was.  I recognized his voice immediately because I'm a fan, but I guess if someone doesn't follow him year to year, they forget his voice.

52 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

are the judges instructed not to be instantly right on all of their guesses?

I've often suspected that they sometimes purposely don't guess correctly in the first round or two in order to amp up the suspense.  But in some cases, like the Beets, they simply didn't know.  

• Like 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, kathyk2 said:

I think they should do an all group season. It's nuts that they have duos and groups perform and they never win. Pentatonix should have won during their season.

I feel the same that Wilson Phillips should have won on the season 8.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Like 2