Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: The Upper Hand

• Start Topic

So the greys were here to find Ben? All those shoes and Yellowstone connection means that he was previously abducted as a kid and now they’re back to get him again. But why?

1 hour ago, Harvey said:

So the greys were here to find Ben? All those shoes and Yellowstone connection means that he was previously abducted as a kid and now they’re back to get him again. But why?

I think the pile of shoes just suggests that the Greys are mostly interested in children. That snow globe in the Greys' ship belonged to General Eleanor McCallister, the little girl in the beginning of the episode. I don't think McCallister would be stupid enough to still have the implant in her foot, given what she does and knows.

So the Greys abduct people because they can not stay on Earth for any significant amount of time. Most of the Greys' Earth based interactions have to be accomplished through a hybrid intermediary. 

HarryAlien should have put some kind of tracking device on Joseph.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Harry didn't remove the device from Ben's leg, did he? Ben asked him to do that, and instead of doing it, he just pumped him for info. 

I also interpreted the shoes as evidence they had been doing mass abductions. But they have taken adults, too-- Ben's wife, for instance. And I think we saw them take some other adult recently, also. I wonder why they don't take any of the kids we know now, if what they want is kids.

It's interesting that they are showing the weaknesses of the aliens and the strengths of the humans in this episode. I loved how Asta's birthdaughter (whose name I have suddenly forgotten) knew immediately that Asta was in trouble, instead of having her feel hurt and rejected when Asta sent her away. Also, Asta and her dad handled the supposedly dangerous and evil and super-strong Grey without Harry's help at all. And Harry and Joseph are both flummoxed and don't know what is going on, apparently, or how to deal with each other. 

Harry crying with D'Arcy about how they are failures was good and I didn't see it coming. Unplugging the containment device (no battery back up!) made me laugh. 

The Sheriff photographing Ben's feet also made me laugh. And I admit I was glad when Mr Chauvanist got broken up with for being that way. 

• Like 3
(edited)

The scene of Harry and Joseph trash-talking about how each would beat the other one up, and then both of them getting involved in watching the pretend repairman of Harry's story drone on, and then Joseph leaving, is one of the funniest things I've seen on this (or any) show in ages. Maybe I just had a tough day at work yesterday and was overtired, but I couldn't stop laughing.

I do hope Enver Gjokaj isn't gone for good, because I thought he and Alan Tudyk were absolutely great playing off each other. It takes some comic chops to hold your own onscreen with Alan Tudyk, IMO.

Edited by kirinan
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I'm really surprised that Harry didn't turn Joseph into the General.  I kept thinking that he would walk out Harry's door and Linda Hamilton would be standing there with a bunch of guys with guns and an alien-holding paddy wagon. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)
18 hours ago, possibilities said:

I also interpreted the shoes as evidence they had been doing mass abductions. But they have taken adults, too-- Ben's wife, for instance. 

It seems they took the wife because they wanted her baby. Didn't she think she was pregnant and then she actually wasn't? And in this episode she said she felt like a piece of her is missing. So I think the greys must have taken her baby.

I loved how Asta's birthdaughter (whose name I have suddenly forgotten) ...

Jay.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 2
On 2/22/2024 at 4:17 PM, possibilities said:

The Sheriff photographing Ben's feet also made me laugh. And I admit I was glad when Mr Chauvanist got broken up with for being that way. 

Yes. As I stated above, Mike is one of my favourite characters, but I wouldn’t want to work with him or be in a relationship with him, even though he is super handsome.

Question: isn’t Liv the Deputy Sheriff? What did I forget from last season?

• Like 1
18 hours ago, marinw said:

Love this show. I find Sheriff Mike hysterical. 

This actor and his deputy are so hilarious.  His line delivery and her reactions are gold.

On 2/22/2024 at 3:17 PM, possibilities said:

Oh my god, I was laughing so hard at that. Nothing to do with foot fetishes, and can you spread your toes.

• Like 3

Sheriff Mike has always been one of my favorite characters - it's like he's from a completely different show but he carries it off.

I loved how Asta wasn't phased at all by the gray threatening her.  She and her dad make a great pair.

• Like 2

I loved when D'Arcy and Harry realized the cage was getting smaller and Harry's reaction was "Oh, he has the new model". He was actually impressed, lol. Also, the trap was perfectly tailored to Harry.

The Grays definitely have Ben and Kate's baby. Ben saw it when he was abducted in the last episode of S2. But of course he doesn't remember.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
On 2/21/2024 at 8:29 PM, AnimeMania said:

Judy Cooper  Pooper is my favorite

Fixed it for ya 😉

I am having trouble following the plot here as I have completely forgotten what was happening, but I do love Harry and Darcy working together now. The pizza being a trap was hilarious.

And maybe I am the only one who won't miss Sahar -  I find her insufferable and she's not a good friend to Max - she's constantly putting him down. These kids look like grown ups now which is funny since no time jump?

• Like 1
(edited)

The true MVP of the episode was the repair man/photographer.
He reminded me of that uncle from Derry Girls. Both these two men can bore you to death!

I really enjoyed this one. 2/2 this season!

Edited by Zaffy