Type keyword(s) to search

X-Men'97

• Start Topic

I've only finished episode 1 I have mixed feelings, sometimes that art work is great and then sometimes it's meh.

I loved thar we got Decosta but, I wish he didn't sound so American. I recall him being Venezuelan and, I remember him having an accent or I gave him one in my readings.

I forgot how much I hated Wolverine being so hung up on Jean. As much as I don't like Jean/Scott they are clearly OTP.  Gambit/Rogue didn't bother me as much as they used to. Maybe they can tone down the angst. Of course with Magneto being in the House they could be setting up a Love Triangle (I know she got together with Magneto in AoA and pretty sure she was with Joseph/Magneto too).

I liked Scott using his Optic blasts to propel him around and, even slow his decent from the plane crash.

Storm being so preachy didn't match comics storm (that I remember) but, did match 90s cartoon storm so I'll give it a pass.

I definitely didn't like that Jean is having a son (Nathan S or Nate G) should have been Rachel.

(edited)

Another one I’m hoping to return is Havok/Alex. We never got to see Scott reunite with him, after his father showed up. And only two piddly scenes with him in “Cold Comfort.” And the only scene with the brothers, they were challenging each other until the next time they would meet.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule

Roberto is from Brazil, he speaks Portuguese and given how rich he is it doesn’t surprise me that he would speak excellent English with little to no accent. Claremont wrote his international team with heavy accents and phrases to show they were international but that was the 70s.

’Berto tossing in some Portuguese is fine, I don’t think he needs a heavy accent to drive the point home. Rogue has that covered.

• Like 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And the only scene with the brothers, they were challenging each other until the next time they would meet.

Makes you wonder how they got so completely separated, because the two clearly didn't recognize each other.  Scott knows he has a younger brother, but has never bothered to track him down?

8 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I definitely didn't like that Jean is having a son (Nathan S or Nate G) should have been Rachel.

Given where the story is likely going (and their fondness for sticking pretty closely to the source material) it had to be Nathan.  No reason to shoehorn Rachel into Nathan's role just for the heck of it.

Edited by baldryanr
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, baldryanr said:

Given where the story is likely going (and their fondness for sticking pretty closely to the source material) it had to be Nathan.  No reason to shoehorn Rachel into Nathan's role just for the heck of it.

I know, I know but, I've always had a fondness for Maddie Pryor.

Why did they change the character order for the opening credits? But only the first few. Magneto is first in the second episode, then Scott, Jean, Storm and Wolverine. They pushed Wolverine down to fourth billing? And Morph comes before Rogue? That was interesting to me.

Oh joy, love triangle. I wonder if we'll get AoA Rogue/Mags/Baby?

Hmm, future Jean or Maddie? Or hey, maybe this Jean was Maddie all along. 

Storm losing her powers was in the comics, also saving another (Rogue) IIRC. I was hoping we'd get Forge, love him and, Forge/Ororo. I can't remember if he was introduced in X-Men 90s cartoon.

Magneto's suit is hysterical, I can't take it seriously 

49 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Storm losing her powers was in the comics, also saving another (Rogue) IIRC. I was hoping we'd get Forge, love him and, Forge/Ororo. I can't remember if he was introduced in X-Men 90s cartoon.

Yes, we did. He was in the dystopian future in the “Days of Future Past”  and then as the leader of the X-Factor in “Cold Comfort” where Havok and Cyclops were fighting, along with Bobby/Iceman. But no direct “meet” with Ororo and Forge.

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yes, we did. He was in the dystopian future in the “Days of Future Past”  and then as the leader of the X-Factor in “Cold Comfort” where Havok and Cyclops were fighting, along with Bobby/Iceman. But no direct “meet” with Ororo and Forge.

That's right, I totally forgot about that. Hopefully we'll get a Forge/Ororo meet up in X-Men-97

On 3/24/2024 at 3:01 PM, Morrigan2575 said:

That's right, I totally forgot about that. Hopefully we'll get a Forge/Ororo meet up in X-Men-97

I just finished my rewatch of the original, and Forge shows up a few more times.

And I watched the first two episodes again, and am I going crazy? Was it a technical animation mistake? Or was it Morph? I didn't see ArchAngel (still with the blue face and metal wings-UGH!) the first time I watched the premiere, but I saw him the second time I watched--right before Cyclops landed the awesome way he did!

Because here, we've seen who the original students were, and Warren is in the picture!

And technically, I suppose I should post it in the other thread, but throughout the original show, ArchAngel was never a student, but joined the team, and in season four's finale arc, it was said he would finally join the X-Men; but then in a previous episode, "Xavier Remembers" we see flashbacks and that Warren WAS one of the students! 

What were the writers thinking? Or NOT thinking? Egads. Now I hope Warren and Havok show up; we get some kind of line about looking for Alex, because Corsair didn't bother asking about him in original; just whether he was going to marry Jean. Like, what?

7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And I watched the first two episodes again, and am I going crazy? Was it a technical animation mistake? Or was it Morph? I didn't see ArchAngel (still with the blue face and metal wings-UGH!) the first time I watched the premiere, but I saw him the second time I watched--right before Cyclops landed the awesome way he did!

Because here, we've seen who the original students were, and Warren is in the picture!

And technically, I suppose I should post it in the other thread, but throughout the original show, ArchAngel was never a student, but joined the team, and in season four's finale arc, it was said he would finally join the X-Men; but then in a previous episode, "Xavier Remembers" we see flashbacks and that Warren WAS one of the students! 

What were the writers thinking? Or NOT thinking? Egads. Now I hope Warren and Havok show up; we get some kind of line about looking for Alex, because Corsair didn't bother asking about him in original; just whether he was going to marry Jean. Like, what?

That was Morph when they were falling from the jet. He also turned into Lady Deathstrike, Colossus and Kwannon/Psylocke in the fight at the courthouse/Hague or whatever.

Yes they had the OG5 in the picture and it doesn’t necessarily go along with show canon but, you know what, whatever. If you know the X-men you know the original 5. They did establish Bobby/Iceman as a former student and I’m just going to say that the scenes with Warren centered more on Rogue interacting with him as opposed to Hank, Scott or Jean. It’s a reach but that’s what I’m going with.

• Like 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, Dandesun said:

That was Morph when they were falling from the jet. He also turned into Lady Deathstrike, Colossus and Kwannon/Psylocke in the fight at the courthouse/Hague or whatever.

Yes they had the OG5 in the picture and it doesn’t necessarily go along with show canon but, you know what, whatever. If you know the X-men you know the original 5. They did establish Bobby/Iceman as a former student and I’m just going to say that the scenes with Warren centered more on Rogue interacting with him as opposed to Hank, Scott or Jean. It’s a reach but that’s what I’m going with.

Thanks! I wasn't sure if that was Morph or not! Hee.

I guess my irritation? is that while we see NOW that Warren was also one of Xavier's first students, and even in the original, in the fourth season, with the flashbacks that showed Warren was an original student-he was treated as if he was a stranger; and, like you said, his appearances were more with Rogue, than with the others, but Cyclops also treated him like a stranger. Yeah, yeah, I know, I shouldn't let it bother me, but it does. Or like how they had the ONE AND ONLY Christmas episode in the fourth season, but the writing was that it was Jubilee's first Christmas with them, so like, what? Were all past seasons just a few months? So this was before Phoenix/Dark Phoenix?

Wow. Even the continuity gaffes in my 'toons irks me, heh.

But I still want to see Warren. And Bobby.

And I also want a horsie.

ETA: I find it hilarious that most of the voice actors are Canadian because of the "sorry" pronunciations and "about" which sounds like "a boat" eh?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule

You know, the X-Men have pretty lousy security if someone can just walk up to the front door and knock.

Speaking of security, maybe keep an eye on the woman you've JUST identified as a clone while you run your other tests?

• Like 2

Looks like the deification of Scott Summers will be continuing for some time. This week: he didn't look like an asshole in dumping the baby momma because she was revealed to be a clone AND she went crazy as Goblin Queen. I was half-expecting Jubilee to start laughing her butt off hearing the name "Goblin Queen." It's just such a dumb villain name, canon or not. At least Madeline got a decent send off from Jean. Maybe Maddy will run into Forge and Storm.

13 hours ago, bmoore4026 said:

I'm not going to spoil much for this new episode except this - David Cronenberg was probably a big influence.

No kidding. To paraphrase a Cajun, I can't unsee dat. Credit is due to using newly-established ground to make the nightmares creepy . .  . especially the Rogue/Magneto bit.

Nathan looked cute. BTW, has it been established that Sinister's real name is Nathanial Essex? it makes "Nathan" less of a random name and more of a mark on the kid to go along with the techno-organic virus.

22 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Nathan looked cute. BTW, has it been established that Sinister's real name is Nathanial Essex? it makes "Nathan" less of a random name and more of a mark on the kid to go along with the techno-organic virus.

Yes, one of the last episodes (i.e. when the animation was whatever spare change they could find on the street) showed his origin.  He was married to Jean's ancestor and started up his experiments because he wanted to cure her, and since he did use her as a test subject the implication is that Jean has powers because of it.  Oh, and Professor X's ancestor was there too: he and Essex used to be friends, but after Essex went evil he tried (and failed) to hunt him down.

26 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

It's just such a dumb villain name, canon or not. At least Madeline got a decent send off from Jean. Maybe Maddy will run into Forge and Storm.

Makes you wonder where the name Madeline Pryor came from (in-universe, of course).

• Like 1

Jean clone Maddy was not the first time Claremont used the name for a character. She was a character in Avengers Annual 10 - just a kid character with no connection. He got the name from Steeleye Span singer Maddy Prior. Sidenote, in the first Genosha storyline in Uncanny X-Men, Maddy is seen as a child singing a Steeleye Span song. Claremont loved doing shit like that.

Okay, so... here's the deal, not only am I impressed that they even attempted to take on Inferno but they did it in one episode. Maddy being a clone was never the intention when she appeared in comics. She was meant to usher Cyclops off the scene completely because Claremont believed in characters that change, grow, move on and such so new characters could come in. Jean was dead in canon and that was against Claremont's wishes... he wanted her to be de-Phoenixed and basically 'psychically lobotomized' and the intention was to have her and Scott leave the team for good. Editorial decided that a) Phoenix had to die after eating the sun and killing the planet of broccoli people and b) let's get the original five back together... woo hoo!

I have a lot of opinions about the canon story. First, I thought it was weird as fuck that Scott would meet someone who looked exactly like Jean, get involved with her and ultimately marry her and everyone was totally fine with it. You had people be really startled by the 'uncanny resemblance' but no one even suggested that this was maybe a tiny bit unhealthy? Second, the sheer amount of editorial nonsense that had Scott go alone to see Jean after she was pulled out of Jamaica Bay was kind of insulting. For one thing, the woman he watched kill herself in front of him is suddenly back, one of his oldest friends is the one to call him and tell him, and he's expected to... not do anything about it? Maddy herself should have recognized how important it was and GONE WITH HIM. But instead, he goes to see Jean in the flesh and then immediately returns to Alaska but discovers that Maddy (and baby) is not only gone but all trace of her existence is wiped out. And a significant amount of those early X-Factor stories are about Scott trying to find his son and any trace of Maddy. Was he perfect? No, but I never saw that initial 'I have to see this for myself' moment as character destroying the way Claremont insisted it was.

So here we have a situation where we don't know WHEN or HOW Maddy and Jean were switched or anything. I like the mystery of that. I also like Maddy not wanting to stick around, after all she was trying to get Scott to leave the X-Men just one episode before. That all fits for me. And also, Jean reaching out to her at the end made me think of the very recent situation in comics canon where Jean advocated for Krakoa to bring Maddy back and after a Dark Web crossover involving Limbo and more than one clone absolutely had no issue with sharing all of her memories of raising Nathan with Maddy who was very much robbed of it. First by Sinister trying to kill her (several times) and then her deal with the devil bullshit with the Inferno demons S'ym and N'astirh. The entirety of the Inferno storyline is so rife with nonsense that I'm actually glad that they whittled it down to the core essence. We already know Sinister in the show. He's already fucked around with Scott and Jean. But this does open some questions and leave room for Maddy's return.

Then they went ahead and did the Nate infected by the techno-organic virus and having to be sent to the future which was a big Apocalypse story so I wonder what's to come of that.

Morph turned into Illyana? Have we even seen her in this series at all? And then Maddy turns Illyana/Magik into Darkchylde which is PERFECT for an Inferno story but if you don't know then it's just an Easter Egg for the rest of us.

Gambit's vision of Rogue and Magneto was GROSS! Nice touch with the outfits being based off the UXM 269-275 Savage Land story arc but the skin melting? Ewwww.

And we end with punk!Storm getting approached by Forge. Bring it.

• Like 3

One thing that surprised me as Bishop leaving the team after the hype they built up of him joining.  And never explained why he was stuck in the past in the first place.

Oh, I'm liking how they're doing the opening credits, showing major scenes from the original series (The confrontation at the missile base from season one, Jean becoming the Dark Phoenix, Bishop going through time, Lilandra killing Jean to keep her from becoming the Dark Phoenix again).  Good stuff.

And we got to see Roberto again!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Dandesun said:

Morph turned into Illyana? Have we even seen her in this series at all?

Illyana appeared in one episode of the original animated series as Colossus' sister, but she didn't have powers, etc.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Dandesun said:

That was the X-men at their messy finest!

Messy is right! And I’ll join you at the EWWWE! Table at Gambit’s vision and that gross skin melting between Rogue and Magneto!

So Nathan is Cable, right? Bleagh!

7 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

That brought back PTSD from the infamous Clobe Saga of Spider-Man. Both the comics and the ‘94 show.

SERIOUSLY! The clone had to have replaced the real Jean after he he original season four’s finale. But WHYYYYY? Why can’t Jean and Scott be happy for more than one goddamned minute?! And Logan is the ne to make Jean remember? As if she didn’t know already how much he’s in wuv with her?! I DO NOT NEED a retread of THAT triangle.

I thought Storm knew who Forge was from the original series where his X-Factor team fought with the X-Men? I zipped through the series again so can’t recall. And if she was there, her not recognizing Forge makes no sense.

And I’m also not seeing any deification of Scott here. What am I missing?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And I’m also not seeing any deification of Scott here. What am I missing?

In the original continuity, Scott met Madelyn Pryor after Jean's death. They wound up having Nathan. Jean came back . . . and Scott dumped Maddy for her. Here, the rough edges are sanded over. I'm also thinking that more of an effort has been made to make Scott a better character, even if he can overdo the drama.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
4 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

In the original continuity, Scott met Madelyn Pryor after Jean's death. They wound up having Nathan. Jean came back . . . and Scott dumped Maddy for her. Here, the rough edges are sanded over. I'm also thinking that more of an effort has been made to make Scott a better character, even if he can overdo the drama.

Do you mean the comics? I didn't read much of them.

Because Scott/Cyclops is one of the best things about the original show and also here, for me.

1 hour ago, BetterButter said:

This was cool. But. And I'm blanking on the actor who plays Gambit here, the '92 show wasn't the only kids animated series that dealt with serious and heavy stuff. Batman: The Animated Series also was "more adult" even though it was geared toward kids.

• Like 1

Wow, I did not expect them to go through all of that in one episode. But I don't mind that they didn't keep all of that stuff with Jean and Maddie unclear for long.

Bishop being the one to take Nathan to the future was surprising. I thought he was going to stick around as part of the team.

The nightmare scenarios were interesting. Eww to that Rogue/Magneto stuff. Are they going to have Morph have a crush on Wolverine?

• Like 1
11 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I thought Storm knew who Forge was from the original series where his X-Factor team fought with the X-Men? I zipped through the series again so can’t recall. And if she was there, her not recognizing Forge makes no sense.

She wasn't.  It was Cyclops who led a squad on X-Factor's headquarters, so Storm has no idea who Forge.  I don't think his meeting Storm is a coincidence given that he's a government agent.

1 hour ago, JustHereForFood said:

The nightmare scenarios were interesting. Eww to that Rogue/Magneto stuff. Are they going to have Morph have a crush on Wolverine?

Plus Jubilee seems to be crushing on Sunspot and Storm will probably have a thing with Forge.  Poor Beast must feel left out.

8 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

They couldn't really have it play out like it did in the comics even if they wanted to, since the original show already did the Phoenix Saga and Jean's death and return.

• Like 3

They're really rushing through comic book stories at a pace even quicker than the original series did. At this rate, they'll be in the Krakoa era by the end of season two.

Inferno could have been a whole season build up, but they crammed it all into one episode. It wasn't bad, but it could have been more. But I can't say it doesn't make more sense for Scott to believe Madelyn is actually Jean, rather than thinking he's met a woman who looks identical to the woman he believes to be dead and not really question it.

I suppose we needed at least one occurrence of Jean fainting in Scott's arms because she's unable to control her powers, in the finest tradition of the original series.

There was some genuinely creepy body horror stuff in this episode, which was executed well.

I'm going to assume the Rogue and Magneto stuff is more like the Joseph storyline, where Rogue is tempted by the ability to touch but eventually decides against it, than it is the weird era where Mike Carey used Magneto as his self-insert character to bone Rogue, based on some lingering feelings Rogue had from an alternate universe.

Another love triangle we absolutely don't need - Logan, stop being creepy about Jean and go find one of the several dozen other women you've had relationships with.

Morph seems to only be included in this reboot to give cameos to characters we'd all rather have in the show - Colossus, Psylocke, Magik (and Darkchylde) - which is fine, but I would rather actually have one of those characters. 

I do like all the nods to classic X-Men covers and panels, like Gambit and Rogue on the basketball court, Scott and Jean's wedding photo, Rogue and Magneto in the Savage Land 'costumes.'

• Like 3

That was one densely packed episode. It's almost like Farscape. 

Was it known that "Maddy" was switched with Jean from just the 90s OG series (not the comics)? I mean, did they show something to the viewers back then, that is paying off now? Or a foreshadowing of some sort? For example, did the X-Men think that Jean was dead, but then "oh, no, I actually survived. Here I am!" but TPTB tipped off the viewers that something was amiss? Something like that.  

I understand Jean turned into Dark Phoenix and had to be defeated. I don't know if the tv show covered that, but it would seem like "Jean" popping up after Phoenix being defeated seems like an optimal time for a switcheroo. 

I'm talking only from if you're watching the 90s show and then watching here. Not what happens in the comics. 

I've always been bemused that everyone knows everyone's real name, but they also have 'X-Men' names. When do they know when to use which? 

4 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

just the 90s OG series (not the comics)? I mean, did they show something to the viewers back then, that is paying off now? Or a foreshadowing of some sort? For example, did the X-Men think that Jean was dead, but then "oh, no, I actually survived. Here I am!" but TPTB tipped off the viewers that something was amiss? Something like that. 

No. Jean died after the Dark Phoenix left her body. But as the Dark Phoenix, she had destroyed some galaxies and as a result was tried by the Shi’ar. But then the entity of Phoenix took some of the powers from each of the X-Men team and was brought back to life. There was no Maddy in the ‘92 series.

The cloning of Jean could have happened in the fourth season finale I posted about up thread when Sinister kidnapped all the psychics and took Jean’s DNA. But that happened after Scott and Jean got married for real this time.

18 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I didn't know if you all steeped in the 90s series saw this as a payoff of a longer plot. It sounds like the cloning is kind of a retcon. I don't mind either way. 

For me, it’s a retcon and one I hate.

Since most of the conversation is here, can I just say what an idiotic MORON Bishop was in “Days of Future Past”? With a scrambled memory, he just KNEW the X-Men were the assassins; no, wait, it’s Gambit! And shooting up everything. So glad Jean sent him back on his way. I think? My mind is all fuzzy today.

Question for those that have read the comics ( @Dandesun): Do Scott and Alex ever find out that they’re brothers? And do they acknowledge that with a reunion-meaning share scenes/panels face to face? And do they have a relationship? What about Corsair? Thanks.

3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Question for those that have read the comics ( @Dandesun): Do Scott and Alex ever find out that they’re brothers? And do they acknowledge that with a reunion-meaning share scenes/panels face to face? And do they have a relationship? What about Corsair? Thanks.

I'm not @Dandesun, but I'll try to answer.

The animated show is a loose adaptation of stories and continuity from the X-Men comics, so there are lots of things that will be different from the comics, or even completely absent, in the show.

In the comics, Alex Summers has almost as long a history with the X-Men as Scott does. Alex was adopted after the deaths of their parents , but got involved with the X-Men and almost immediately learned that Scott was his brother. He joined the second iteration of the team, even before Wolverine or Storm, and has spent most of his time since then on various X-teams, most notably X-Factor (a spinoff team that worked for the US government, dealing with Mutant threats).

Of course, Alex has spent some of that time being evil due to mind control or memory loss, notably when controlled by the Goblin Queen. Other than that, he and Scott are pretty close but have rarely worked directly with each other on the same team:

Alex was gone from the books in the 70s, when Scott was on the team. Then Scott was gone from the X-Men for much of the 80s, forming X-Factor with the other four original X-Men, while Alex returned to the team. Scott came back and Alex went to X-Factor in the 90s.

I think they were both active X-Men together for a period in the 2000s, but few people remember the stories of that era fondly.

As for Corsair, they know he's their dad and they've had various adventures with him (Scott absurdly realised who Corsair was when he looked at his own unshaven reflection and saw such a strong resemblance). At one point Corsair died and Alex took over as leader of the Starjammers, but he may be alive again now.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Now, the

Spoiler

third Summers brother

, that was a thing all of its own. 😅 (probably won't be mentioned in the show though)

On 3/30/2024 at 2:20 AM, DoctorAtomic said:

I've always been bemused that everyone knows everyone's real name, but they also have 'X-Men' names. When do they know when to use which? 

It's mostly a case-by-case basis. Some like Jean or Kitty mostly use their civil names, some use codenames in the field and civil outside, and Rogue for example doesn't use her civil name at all (at least she wasn't by the time I stopped following everything and just picked up a story here and there).

On 3/30/2024 at 7:57 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Since most of the conversation is here, can I just say what an idiotic MORON Bishop was in “Days of Future Past”? With a scrambled memory, he just KNEW the X-Men were the assassins; no, wait, it’s Gambit! And shooting up everything. So glad Jean sent him back on his way. I think? My mind is all fuzzy today.

That was actually because they mixed two different time-travelling storylines. One was Days of future past from the early 80's and one was about Bishop that was just being released in the comics by the time the show came out and wasn't really concluded yet. He 

Spoiler

knew that the X-Men would be betrayed by one of their own, but didn't know who it was. And he recognized Gambit as someone called "Witness" - a person who was rumored to be the last person to see the X-Men alive before that. But because the Witness from the future never told him he used to be an X-Man, he was suspicious of Gambit.

That story seemed to be written like the Lost TV show - they did not plan in advance who would be the traitor IMO. It was later revealed in a kind of throwaway way in the crossover Onslaught which might be covered later in the animated series, but probably altered like the rest of the stories from comics.

It kind of made more sense in the comics.

I checked a discussion on another forum and they made me feel better about Rogue/Magneto, with a theory that nothing romantic is going on and he's just helping her with her powers. It makes sense, as that would create misunderstanding and cause unnecessary conflict between Rogue and Gambit which seems to be the usual path for couples on TV to get further in their relationship. And at the same time, Rogue should get to a place where she can control her powers. 

Me: "Oh, this is actually an interesting and emotionally gripping storyline."

Jean: "I am the goblin queen!"

Me: "Bahahahaha! Never mind! When did you come up with that name? Did you think of it in the last 5 seconds? What does it even mean?" (I guess it's because of the baby kidnapping?)

I had forgotten how ridiculous comics can be.

-

Cyclops: "I won't let my son feel abandoned! ... So I'm abandoning him right now! Tudelu!" *walks out the room and never sees his son again*

-

The animation was really damn pretty this episode though.

On 3/29/2024 at 1:17 AM, baldryanr said:

Plus Jubilee seems to be crushing on Sunspot and Storm will probably have a thing with Forge.  Poor Beast must feel left out.

Beast would slay at a furry convention, if he's so inclined...

On 3/31/2024 at 8:39 PM, JustHereForFood said:

I checked a discussion on another forum and they made me feel better about Rogue/Magneto, with a theory that nothing romantic is going on and he's just helping her with her powers. It makes sense, as that would create misunderstanding and cause unnecessary conflict between Rogue and Gambit which seems to be the usual path for couples on TV to get further in their relationship. And at the same time, Rogue should get to a place where she can control her powers. 

I need this to be the case. I’m another for whom Rogue/Gambit was one of my first OTPs; all I want is or them to be happy and together! Which yes, I know is a ridiculous thing to hope for on this show — no one’s ever happy for more than a few seconds at a time. But I detest love triangles (always have), and never needed Magneto to be anything other than a great villain, so this development is not working for me at all.

• Like 1
  • Love 1