Type keyword(s) to search

S18: Amy Purdy: Purdy Badass

• Start Topic

I was not a fan of the contemporary dance last night as far as Amy's contribution to it. It was about 95% Derek. You can't diminish her gutsiness but I just didn't think she did much in the way of dancing. Overscored. 

• Love 1

I was not a fan of the contemporary dance last night as far as Amy's contribution to it. It was about 95% Derek. You can't diminish her gutsiness but I just didn't think she did much in the way of dancing. Overscored. 

To me, Amy's contribution to that dance was no more and no less than many of the contemporary dances you see on So You Think You Can Dance.  I was actually quite impressed with the inventive choreography as well as Amy's lovely arm movements and ability to emote.  

• Love 3
To me, Amy's contribution to that dance was no more and no less than many of the contemporary dances you see on So You Think You Can Dance.

Similar for Derek's role; if they were on SYTYCD, we'd be complaining that Derek was just a forklift in that routine.LOL

I don't like contemporary, but the Amy/Derek dance was gorgeous, and so emotional.  I've watched it three times and the tears flowed each time.

I do like contemporary dance, though this show's version is kind of lacking for me. I thought the always pointed feet were kind of distracting, but she did emote well and her movements were graceful. I'd have preferred they just gone with regular feet and worked around not pointing, so she could do more actual unassisted dancing, but I still enjoyed it.

I do like contemporary dance, though this show's version is kind of lacking for me. I thought the always pointed feet were kind of distracting, but she did emote well and her movements were graceful. I'd have preferred they just gone with regular feet and worked around not pointing, so she could do more actual unassisted dancing, but I still enjoyed it.

Yes, it seems they were  stuck with one or the other - either flexed all the time or pointed all the time.  I know they are exploring modifications and options all the time as they are practicing.  Maybe they'll come up with some ideas for a design for legs that have flexible feet.  That's one thing that I think is really cool about her being on the show - aside from being a lovely dancer and a great inspiration, some new ideas and improvements with regard to prosthetics might come out of her doing this, and that could benefit countless others.  I don't watch sports so I didn't know who she was before DWTS, and I am so happy they cast her so I am getting a chance to "know" her!

• Love 1

I really liked her contemporary.  This dance style on DWTS doesn't really have any rules so for me it wasn't a big issue.  I do wonder how she'll cope with other dance styles though.  Generally, I've noticed when Derek has a partner who isn't a gifted dancer he tends to keep them in hold and not cover a lot of the dance floor.  I hope she does well in ballroom.

I am worried for Amy when she draws Quickstep and wonder how she'll cope with Argentinian Tango.  Luckily she has a very talented, creative, caring, and inventive dance pro in Derek and I'm sure he'l come up with something sensational that will showcase Amy in the best possible light.

I'm loving Amy so far, and I think she really humanizes Derek for me. (Or maybe he's just matured, it's been a few seasons since I've really paid attention, but I feel like he used to really annoy me with over the top mugging, and I don't really see as much of that anymore, I'm really enjoying his growth as a choreographer.) 

Has anyone else seen this? I found it through something someone sent to Amy on Twitter. This is maybe the most beautiful thing that might come out of this show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x_ZQ8zeWos

• Love 1

Last Night with the jive she was my favorite of the night and I voted for her several times.  SEveral times the line was busy! I just adored her footwork and didn't notice any mistakes and thought she was magnificent.

The judges have stated that they score the contestants based on how well they do for themselves, not in comparison to everyone else. It's ridiculous but they're generally consistent in it. They're also generally consistent in scoring down when choreography breaks the established rules or when contestants fumble the steps. They do neither of those things with Amy despite pointing them out in their comments. My point wasn't necessarily that Amy shouldn't be so close to Meryl and Charlie's scores because in comparison to them she's a lesser dancer, it's that she shouldn't be so close to them because she's made errors that haven't been deducted for and had elements in dances that aren't allowed to have them without penalty. I've seen CAI insisting that she clings to the no lifts rule because it provides a level playing field for the older contestants, but she pointed out the lifts in Amy's waltz and then ignored them in scoring. 

• Love 1

I don't think anyone has suggested it should be off-limits. CED9 was just expressing the opinion that the idea of a person's prosthetic being considered an advantage in an athletic competition is ill-informed.

I think it totally depends on the prosthetic itself (there are tons of different ones), how it's connected to the person, and the actual athletic competition.  There's no way anyone could make a catchall statement for ANY of that.  Generally though I think there would be only a few cases where it was--and dancing really doesn't seem like it would be one of them, especially with the type of prosthetic she has.

• Love 2

I think it totally depends on the prosthetic itself (there are tons of different ones), how it's connected to the person, and the actual athletic competition.  There's no way anyone could make a catchall statement for ANY of that.  Generally though I think there would be only a few cases where it was--and dancing really doesn't seem like it would be one of them, especially with the type of prosthetic she has.

agreed. :)

Henry Byalikov on Afterbuzz brought up Amy's "advantage" specifically in response to Carrie Ann Inaba's over-the-top pronouncement that Amy had done the best flicks and kicks ever on the show.  And he was pointing out that yes, Amy's flicks and kicks looked very impressive due to her permanently pointed toes, which is the aspect of the flicks and kicks that most people struggle with. 

If you have separate standards, you have no standards.  As a viewer, I had to swallow TPTB scoring shenanigans a long time ago.  Doesn't mean I likes it.

I can much more easily accept an "accommodation" in scoring if it's about elimination.  I most definitely want to see an Amy continue over a Nene or some older guy who can't move, like Bill E. or Drew.  However, when you are scoring in such a manner that you are messing with the top couples?  Hate.

As for questioning advantage...we may not be there yet, but we will be.  Science will create improvements to our bio limbs.  It's a matter of time.  This being true, NOW is the time to create the ethos and morality of "advantage."  At what point does a human become a machine?  What defines, in toto, what a physical/bio human is?

You say we don't have any sport where the difference is now meaningful and all this kerfluffle is moot?   Good luck winning a running marathon against those using wheelchairs.  What if, instead of blades, Pistorius somehow were given wheels?  

How about, in dance, if someone opts for some kind of surgery that allows them to maintain posture?   I am betting that could be done right now.

All credit to Amy and to all who strive to overcome disability with so much grace.   However, (and here comes that nasty S word) standards simply must be adopted else any competition become farce.  Conrad drew his line to favor Amy.  Maybe the next Conrad won't do such a thing.  Who would be wrong?  Why?

I thought the judges were on track when they scored Amy's "memorable year" contemporary with all 9's instead of 10's.  It was the most moving dance of the evening, wonderfully choreographed, but technically, it didn't have a lot of content for Amy as it mostly involved being lifted, although she did beautifully with what she did.  To get 10's for a waltz that she couldn't really do which also had illegal lift(s) in it, and for a jive that had one huge mistake and a few smaller mistakes, is ridiculous. 

• Love 2

Amy has a dislocated rib:

@AmyPurdyGurl: So, Looks like I have a rib out of place and my muscles are in spasm.I am being very proactive in healing up so I can continue this journey.

I have a friend that had a dislocated rib and at another time a fractured rib. The dislocated one hurt worse and he had to do nothing physical for a week and it was 4 weeks before he felt right. 

Just read Amy's LATimes blog. She said: "Tuesday, I went to see a chiropractor in hopes of some relief and he found that a rib had moved a bit.  He popped it back in place, which felt a lot better, but pretty quickly it popped out again.  He reset it again, which was no fun, and so far it’s held in place.  Knock on wood it will stay that way.  I am feeling better now, but far from good.  I’m hoping for a good bit of recovery today.  I’m told I have to make the call on if I’m dancing or not this week by today at 2 p.m. (ETA the blog was posted today Apr 30).   I’m doing everything I can to help make that happen but there’s only so much I can do.  For the most part I just need some time to heal.  Unfortunately extra time is not something I have a lot of these days."

I wonder if she resumes rehearsals and it pops out again, could it break or detach? Oh! Just the thought makes me shudder.

Anyone following Amy's career? If she has other upcoming events (other than DWTS) that she has to be in shape for, I wonder if she just might drop out to give herself that needed healing time before whatever she's doing next.

Edited by Uke
  • Love 1

I'm sure she has other events coming up this winter, but being the year after an Olympics, probably not as much of a concern. I have to think as a snow boarder she probably is used to dealing with injury, so will probably continue unless she physically can not.

Anyone following Amy's career? If she has other upcoming events (other than DWTS) that she has to be in shape for, I wonder if she just might drop out to give herself that needed healing time before whatever she's doing next.

She did an interview, I think it was a radio interview around week 2 or 3, and said that post-DWTS is the first time in like 4 or 5 years that she has nothing definitive lined up. She did mention that it might be finishing writing her book.

(edited)

Her story arc is reminding me of J. R. Martinez's, which I find worrying.  J.R. had the feel-good story, but I really thought he was a better dancer than Amy.  All of the superlatives being thrown in her direction are just so over the top that I'm grouchy watching this.  

And grumpily, I think it's unfair for the judges to be handing out perfect 10s for her AT when they knocked over her stool in the middle of her routing. The judges dinged Charlie for a very similar problem.

Edited by TheAnglican
  • Love 1
(edited)

I thought the stool got knocked down towards the end of the dance. They did their last move/pose and knocked it over then. There have been incidents at the end of the dance that the judges have acknowledged that since it happened at the end, when they'd done all their steps, it's fine. I will say, there was a part near the end where it looked like they were trying for a trick and it didn't come together as it should have. Without seeing their dress rehearsal, I can't pinpoint exactly what it was but it was obvious something was off. I don't think the judges saw it though because of the direction they were facing when it happened. 

All that said, I really don't have an issue with Amy's scores or think she's being so unfairly judged. I always compare the celebrities to others they are up against and I truly believe that Meryl and Charlie are the only ones who are truly better than Amy. I think she and Danica are about the same level technically and performance wise, I think Amy has out-performed Danica. And I do think she's a better dancer than James and definitely more so than Candace. I feel like backlash is starting against Amy because some are getting nervous that Derek might actually pull this off and she will win. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

Her story arc is reminding me of J. R. Martinez's, which I find worrying.  J.R. had the feel-good story, but I really thought he was a better dancer than Amy.  All of the superlatives being thrown in her direction are just so over the top that I'm grouchy watching this.  

And grumpily, I think it's unfair for the judges to be handing out perfect 10s for her AT when they knocked over her stool in the middle of her routing. The judges dinged Charlie for a very similar problem.

The not knocking off points for the stool bobble would not bother me IF Charlie hadn't been docked for a similar problem in a dance where he did twice as many steps. 

I'm going to say something that may seem cruel but, I'm starting to find this girl extremely manipulative. I forgot who asked tonight, but when they asked how she manages to pull it together by show night I was like "Hmm, yea isn't that something" Almost all her packages involve tears and drama and questioning as to whether or not she can continue and then bam, there she is. Of course, she doesn't actually dance, but I'm tired of this girl. I have a feeling she's going to win and what absolute travesty that will be.

• Love 2

I thought the stool got knocked down towards the end of the dance. They did their last move/pose and knocked it over then. There have been incidents at the end of the dance that the judges have acknowledged that since it happened at the end, when they'd done all their steps, it's fine. I will say, there was a part near the end where it looked like they were trying for a trick and it didn't come together as it should have. Without seeing their dress rehearsal, I can't pinpoint exactly what it was but it was obvious something was off. I don't think the judges saw it though because of the direction they were facing when it happened.

All that said, I really don't have an issue with Amy's scores or think she's being so unfairly judged. I always compare the celebrities to others they are up against and I truly believe that Meryl and Charlie are the only ones who are truly better than Amy. I think she and Danica are about the same level technically and performance wise, I think Amy has out-performed Danica. And I do think she's a better dancer than James and definitely more so than Candace. I feel like backlash is starting against Amy because some are getting nervous that Derek might actually pull this off and she will win.

The stool looked like it was Derek's fault. He misjudged how he hit it.

I don't feel as though she's being unfairly judged either. This show isn't about the best dancer, and there are technically superior dancers who I say wow, that technique was good, but then I completely forget the dance at the end of the night.

I think people wouldn't be so "outraged" for lack of a better word if the ice dancers weren't on this season. Amy far out dances the non-ice dancers and pretty much all of the complaints I've seen have to do with her in relation to the ice dancers. People act like they should be judged in comparison to each other, and THAT'S what would be unfair.

Amy is connecting to people. Sometimes in the OTT Carrie Ann way where they feel like it's a miracle she even bothers getting out of bed in the morning, as a disabled person, does that bother me? Sure, but I'm tired of the belittling because she's just under the ice dancers and possibly a threat to them. Also, because she's Derek's partner.

Nobody is sitting with a gun to your head saying you have to vote for Amy (or Meryl, or Charlie, or James, or Candace) yet the way some viewers belittle to get their point across makes me want to vote even more.

• Love 3
(edited)

Amy is connecting to people. Sometimes in the OTT Carrie Ann way where they feel like it's a miracle she even bothers getting out of bed in the morning, as a disabled person, does that bother me? Sure, but I'm tired of the belittling because she's just under the ice dancers and possibly a threat to them. Also, because she's Derek's partner.

Nobody is sitting with a gun to your head saying you have to vote for Amy (or Meryl, or Charlie, or James, or Candace) yet the way some viewers belittle to get their point across makes me want to vote even more.

This exactly. It's all the Derek effect imo. For some who complain that they are tired of seeing him win and can't stand him, those feelings get transferred to his celebrities and they are never given their props because of it. It was especially obvious last season with Amber where the reasons why she didn't deserve to win kept getting twisted in all directions. First it was that Derek dragged her across the dance floor and she never danced - except half of their dances were done out of hold. Then suddenly she was the biggest ringer since Nicole because she was on Glee. Then everything came down to one dance - oh she did hand movements in a jazz and won basically doing a hand dance. Never mind that was one dance and the hand section lasted about 20 seconds of the dance but the entire dance was a "hand jive dance and she got away with it because of Derek". She was never given any props for her abilities by some.

And the same is happening with Amy. I have seen many comments about Amy's getting 10's for sitting on a stool while Derek danced around her. Except the stool section lasted about 20 seconds of the dance. When Derek is circling Amy at the start of the dance, he was getting into position because the dance hadn't started yet. As soon as the announcer guy announced them, he picks her off the stool and they start dancing. And then in the middle of the performance there was the sequence with her doing that balancing move on the stool. Do I think Derek put that in in part because of Amy's back issue, hell yes. Does that mean she didn't do anything at all and didn't dance - no. 

IMO Amy danced her butt off last night and has been dancing her butt off this entire competition. And as I said last night, she didn't do a good AT for a disabled person, she did a good AT period. As I've said before, you can tell if a person has natural rhythm and if they're a natural mover and Amy is both. And I really believe, from going by her upper body and some of the lines she's created from her core, that Amy would be an amazing dancer if she had full capacity of her legs as others in the competition. And right now, imo, she's still pretty good. 

And it is a pity that what she's doing and the hard work and effort she's putting in will get dismissed by some because of Derek. Like I make no secret of my irritation with Maks but I've never diminished Meryl's talents and abilities because of him. I've seen the many comments about her being cold and her dancing leaving people cold and I don't really agree with that. I haven't been as wowed by some of their dances but that's been more an issue with the choreography rather than her abilities. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

And as I said last night, she didn't do a good AT for a disabled person, she did a good AT period.

A good AT? Okay. An AT deserving of a perfect score? I don't think so. I'll be interested to see what the pros on Afterbuzz have to say about it since I am no expert, but to me it looked like Derek did the vast majority of the work in that dance. It's understandable because Amy was injured, but she is not the only celebrity who is injured. We saw Meryl criticized for not wearing heels when her foot is injured and Danica criticized for not getting down enough in her salsa because of her broken rib, and both received several 8s for those dances.

• Love 1

YMMV of course but yes, I thought it was a really good dance and I thought she did a lot of dancing. Yes Derek lifted her a lot but the AT is known for the very many fancy lifts. Look at Val's and Meryl. He was spinning and flying her all over the place. And it is my opinion that the woman is doing her part even in those movements because if she's not holding herself right and her core is not tight and strong enough, it can go horribly wrong. On top of that I thought Amy also had a lot of the leg interplay which is the other key part of the dance. If I would be critical about the dance, I would say that at times she seemed to be focusing so much on the character/getting the intensity right that some of the passion between her and Derek, needed for the AT, was a little lost.

As for the perfect score, honestly many have said it throughout the seasons...the scoring on this show has never been and never will be consistent. The one consistency is that it is inconsistent. I didn't think James deserved a perfect score for that contemporary number and there have been a number of dances that I didn't love as much as the judges clearly did but it is what it is. Carrie Ann especially has been forthright about the fact that she scores and judges the celebrities based on their standards versus scoring them against each other. So do I think Amy's tango was better than Meryl's with Val, no. But do I think it was really good and beautifully danced, yes. 

• Love 1

The one consistency is that it is inconsistent.

True! IA James didn't have the best contemporary of the season either despite the scores. I actually thought Amy's and Charlie's were much better. 

I think Amy is a very good dancer, especially considering that she's a double amputee. I dont think I'd have been able to recover and be half of successful if that were me. With that said, I dislike how it seems (to me) like the judges feel the need to judge her on her inspirational value instead of her dancing. They have made it clear that they are not judging her like they would anyone else, even though they claimed that they would. The way they treat her almost makes me not want her to win, which is sad because it's nothing that she did.

Her dance last night was very good, especially with her rib injury, but I don't think it deserved perfect scores. I think Derek spent too much time with Amy on the stool, bit then again I don't like it when any of the pros just dance around their partners. Overall, sometimes when Derek and Amy are dancing it looks like he's kind of dragging her around, in my opinion. Amy has shown that she can dance well without being overly supported so I wish he would just let her do it.

• Love 2

I find liking or not liking a contestant based on judges scores to be a transparent argument. At the end of the day, it's not the judges that send contestants home. Think for yourself, if you don't like someone based on their own merit, don't vote for them. Simple as that. Don't belittle those who like someone as justifying why you like someone else.

• Love 3

I do like Amy and have voted for her and probably will continue to. She clearly works hard and has learned a lot. I did not mean to belittle and am sorry if it came off that way, I was just commenting on my feelings on the judges with regard to Amy.

(edited)

Honestly, I think sometimes this silly show is just taken way too seriously period. I have watched DWTS since the beginning and somewhere along the way, I simply accepted and realized the show for what it is. It is an entertainment show and no, I don't think that means the producers are behind the scenes maniacally manipulating everything to get the outcome they want. But I do think it is why it essentially has never been "fair" or ever will be "fair". DWTS is no more about the "best" dancer than SYTYCD is about the best dancer and American Idol the best singer. 

It's about who connected the best with the most people and was able to have a couple of interesting, fun performances. Sometimes the technically best dancer has won and many times they haven't. It is what it is. I watch the show every season and I have to think really hard to remember the last time I voted for anyone and it's not because I didn't have favorites or was not rooting for anyone. I have just never been the type to sit around and keep pressing redial on my phone or log into Facebook, which I hate anyway. I adored Amber and I never voted for her once, same with Zendaya.

I think if you see the show for what it is, it's far less stressful. Don't try to make sense of the scores because you won't be able to and likely just make yourself crazy. Just embrace the cheese and silliness and appreciate some lovely dancing when it happens and move on. At least that's how I look at it. I don't think I have ever truly disliked anyone on DWTS or gotten truly furious about anything...disappointed once or twice when I really liked a celebrity, sure but other than that, not really. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3

DWTS is no more about the "best" dancer than SYTYCD is about the best dancer

SYTYCD now bills itself as being about the "favorite" dancer, btw. Or two favorite dancers, now that they do one male and one female winner.

Anyway, yes, DWTS is a popularity contest in many respects.

Also, for everyone's attention: Some of the comments here are sounding disdainful of other posters. Please stop that. Everyone is allowed to express their opinion without being put down over it.

• Love 1

I do like Amy and have voted for her and probably will continue to. She clearly works hard and has learned a lot. I did not mean to belittle and am sorry if it came off that way, I was just commenting on my feelings on the judges with regard to Amy.

I'm sorry, that wasn't directed at you specifically, just a feeling in general when I see or hear someone say something about a contestant being judged.

Felt my rant was better placed here than the episode thread.

• Love 1
SYTYCD now bills itself as being about the "favorite" dancer, btw. Or two favorite dancers, now that they do one male and one female winner.

Yeah I noticed. It's like they just gave up even trying to pretend anymore and accepted that yeah this is more or less a popularity contest.

Oh, I understand CED9. I was worried that I made an error in words that changed my meaning, English is a difficult language.

I've only been watching this show for three seasons so I'm still learning about the manipulation that happens on the show. At first I was foolish enough to believe that there wasn't much...haha. It's sad that those in charge feel the need to do that to get the outcome they wish. If they are trying to push for Amy to win then it seems silly to me. She is very impressive on her own merits and, from what I've read, the way she is being presented is making some not want to vote for her because they feel manipulated.

I hope that last sentence came out correctly, again, English is a difficult language and I tried to find the correct words.

Oh, you're fine. :) I understand that POV, but there are others who they're pushing into manipulating people to vote for, but it seems Amy is getting the brunt of the crap simply because Derek is her partner. Not saying everyone feels that way, but it's hardly one contestant it's happening with.

(edited)
She is very impressive on her own merits and, from what I've read, the way she is being presented is making some not want to vote for her because they feel manipulated.

In my experience watching this show, people often already decide to not vote for someone and the judges' manipulation, producer manipulation, she's a bitch, he's an asshole, etc. are all just excuses for why they're not voting for said celebrity rather than the simple fact that they were already pre-disposed not to. When really imo it shouldn't be any more complicated than "I prefer this pairing so I'm voting for them..." End of story. That's what people did with Bill Engvall. Wasn't the greatest dancer but they liked him, liked watching him, so they voted for him. Some were outraged because he wasn't the "best" dancer but really the show doesn't say vote for who you want eliminated - it says vote for your favorite. So vote for your favorite. 

Edited by truthaboutluv

Oh, I understand CED9. I was worried that I made an error in words that changed my meaning, English is a difficult language.

I've only been watching this show for three seasons so I'm still learning about the manipulation that happens on the show. At first I was foolish enough to believe that there wasn't much...haha. It's sad that those in charge feel the need to do that to get the outcome they wish. If they are trying to push for Amy to win then it seems silly to me. She is very impressive on her own merits and, from what I've read, the way she is being presented is making some not want to vote for her because they feel manipulated.

I hope that last sentence came out correctly, again, English is a difficult language and I tried to find the correct words.

I would take the manipulation talk with a grain of salt too, because I've seen people absolutely convinced it's fixed in favor of just about every contestant still left in the competition. 

• Love 2

I think Amy is just one of those people who cries when frustrated. As someone who has dealt with back spasms, I can attest that they can be extremely painful when they are happening, but when they relax, while the muscle may be sore, they aren't usually debilitating. Therefore, it makes sense to me that she's able to get through a 90 second routine, but runs into issues during hours of practice.

I have a hard time believing that Amy is so desperate to win a reality dance competition that she is whipping up tears and faking a back injury to gain votes, particularly when she already has Derek and her built in "inspirational story" working for her.

I enjoy her dances and I have a lot of respect for her as an athlete and while I'm pulling for Meryl and I don't care for Derek much, I'd be just fine if Amy won.

I have a hard time believing that Amy is so desperate to win a reality dance competition that she is whipping up tears and faking a back injury to gain votes, particularly when she already has Derek and her built in "inspirational story" working for her.

Seriously this. And I agree about her crying when she's frustrated which is why her crying hasn't bothered me. I will concede that that whole thing about her boyfriend was just odd but other than that, Amy has only cried when she couldn't get the steps of the waltz down, when she was talking about her most memorable year and reliving her dad giving her a kidney and then this week when she felt like she was screwing things up not just for her and Derek but Peta and James. And I really felt for her in that group rehearsal.

I mean it is one thing to be messing up in rehearsal with just you and your PRO partner but when there is another pair and they have to keep stopping everytime you can't do something, that has to feel awkward and even a little embarrassing and I think that's what she was feeling. James and Peta were sweet about it but I'm sure a part of her was thinking they were probably getting frustrated. And as for the reactions about her back issues, I don't even have any comments for that. The woman had to go to the hospital, her back was screwing up to the point that breathing was causing pain but apparently it being mentioned and talked about in her rehearsal package was her being manipulative and playing victim for votes. Okay then...

• Love 1

I don't think she's faking anything, and obviously Amy isn't responsible for her rehearsal package, but I think it's fair to say that her injury is being used to manipulate the audience. I'm annoyed because my favorite, Charlie, is getting less than half the screen time so they can show us extra footage of Amy in pain, Amy in the ambulance, Amy determined to persevere. And I'm annoyed on her behalf, because I assume there's a lot more to her than the cliche of the brave little soldier she's been reduced to.

It may not be fair for people to blame her for that, but who else can viewers take it out on? We don't have the option of voting on TPTB.

• Love 1