Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E02: Pier Pressure

• Start Topic

Fraser must deal with escalating tension between two of his stews that threatens to ruin his season. Jared makes a big mistake, causing Ben and Fraser to feel that they can’t rely on the new bosun. Capt. Kerry docks St. David for the first time, but the deck team’s lack of communication could lead to a disastrous end to the first charter.

Aired 2/12/2024

A bosun with untreated ADHD, what could go wrong?

Unable to pick a side with Barbie/Cat, they both have valid points. Not sure why Fraser initially wanted them to talk it out as a team but then got frustrated as they did so. I think he was nervous that he'd be outed for talking about situation at the beach within earshot of Ben.

Ben quickly running to Barbie to tell her reminded me of his role in last season's drama between Camille and the one who's name I can't remember. Good on Fraser to telling him to stay out of it. Curious if he'll abide or if that's his MO to get laid.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

These guests may have been trashy but I don't think anyone has ever given the crew gift baskets before. That was . . . kind of sweet? And a decent tip too, despite the long wait between dinner courses and forgetting to bring drinks to the beach. Sometimes the worst people are the nicest people. I guess.

Speaking of beaches, that was one of the nicer ones we've seen on these shows. Beautiful white sand and gorgeous water. I was kind of jealous.

I can't believe how many of the crew got sunburned. WTF, they work on boats for a living, don't tell me they don't know how to use sunscreen. Then again beach picnics probably aren't part of their usual chores. Still. Sun!

The deck crew is a shit show. That docking was a fiasco. Just imagine how many "goddammits" we missed out on without Captain Lee.

22 minutes ago, snarts said:

Not sure why Fraser initially wanted them to talk it out as a team but then got frustrated as they did so. I think he was nervous that he'd be outed for talking about situation at the beach within earshot of Ben.

He actually said it to Ben. Big mistake, but since they are the only two returning crew members from last season I guess Fraser sees him as more or less a friend. They were commiserating over who they had to work with.

24 minutes ago, snarts said:

Not sure why Fraser initially wanted them to talk it out as a team but then got frustrated as they did so.

I think because once they got into a finger-pointing contest he saw it wasn't going to go anywhere constructive. These two girls are just not going to get along, I don't see them ever working well together. I think Barbie is mostly right that Xandi is kind of slow but she's being a passive aggressive bitch about it and that's not going to help matters. 

• Like 2

If Jared is allowed to stay on board much longer, there will be a disaster of S.S. Minnow proportions.  Hope the boat owner has increased his collision coverage.

The majority of this crew claim to have yachting experience. Ummm ok, but were they all doing those previous charters in submarines in the Arctic?  How do you NOT know how to apply sunscreen? While spending the day running your ass off on a beach during the sun-soaked Caribbean  charter season? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

So Kat has apparently reacted to the lack of crew meal times by eating any chance she gets?  She seems like the weakest link.

The kayaking looked like a lot of fun.  I hope they do more of that and less of sitting around on the ship drinking.

• Like 6
5 hours ago, snarts said:

Aired 2/12/2024

A bosun with untreated ADHD, what could go wrong?

Ben quickly running to Barbie to tell her reminded me of his role in last season's drama between Camille and the one who's name I can't remember. Good on Fraser to telling him to stay out of it. Curious if he'll abide or if that's his MO to get laid.

Ben definitely gave off the "ick" factor when he ran to Barbie to gossip. I was impressed that Frasier told him to keep his nose out of the interior.

The bosun Jared makes my IQ drop every time I hear him speak. And what sailor/crew etc doesn't know metres? Or is the USA the only country in the world that still uses the Imperial system?

3 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Is there a second stew or is Fraser having them duke it out? I don’t think Kat should be in charge of anyone. I also don’t think Barbie or Xandi should be in charge of anyone. 

Frasier is better off not assigning a second stew because you know whichever girl is chosen will lord it over the others.

14 minutes ago, meep.meep said:

So Kat has apparently reacted to the lack of crew meal times by eating any chance she gets?  She seems like the weakest link.

I'm curious why the show is giving her that kind of edit? We know Barbie said she spent a lot of time chatting with the captain and getting to know him, while Cat was working. But the show didn't film a lot of Barbie and captain, whereas when Cat would run off to eat something, they would film that. Well, she only did it twice but still the optics made Cat look like she was in slow motion whereas Barbie was hustling.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, meep.meep said:

The show seems to want to show Kat eating as often as possible for some reason. I'm not sure if that's because she takes a lot a breaks or if the show just wants to run with the narrative that she's lazy.

2 hours ago, Chalby said:

Frasier is better off not assigning a second stew because you know whichever girl is chosen will lord it over the others.

I don't think Xandi would. But Barbie will be furious if it's anyone but her.

• Like 5
20 minutes ago, MartyQui said:

Did I imagine it or did they show Sunny drinking out of what looked like a bottle of vodka in her bunk?

I think it was a bottle of water

5 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Is there a second stew or is Fraser having them duke it out? I don’t think Kat should be in charge of anyone. I also don’t think Barbie or Xandi should be in charge of anyone. 

Xandi is interior?? I really need to pay more attention. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Chalby said:

Or is the USA the only country in the world that still uses the Imperial system?

7 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

That would be a "yes" from me. (Party of one?)

• LOL 1
22 hours ago, snarts said:

Not sure why Fraser initially wanted them to talk it out as a team but then got frustrated as they did so.

That is such a page out of Sandy's book, confront the situation then get pissed that the two offenders are actually talking about their situation then shut it down before they can come to an agreement.

Watching Cat work was frustrating, moved like a sloth in slow motion so I can imagine how Barbie reacted to it in real time. 

I wish Fraser would make lists for everyone, for everything with time limits.  Fraser needs to 

17 hours ago, Chalby said:

And what sailor/crew etc doesn't know metres?

Yeah that was crazy, I half expect him to count, 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi, etc...his lack of skills are worrisome, that boat could wind up a pile of toothpicks if he is left in charge. 

We did get a Lee-ism from Kerry, a bee's dick, oh puleese!

I am sure the first night out with this crew will be some sort of combo cage match and Survivor episode.

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I wish Fraser would make lists for everyone, for everything with time limits.  Fraser needs to 

I think this has come up before but I'm not sure how practical it would be. The stews are really at the whims of the guests so they have to be ready at any given time to run and make drinks or do cabins while the guests are out of them. I think assigning one to service and one to housekeeping is really about the best they can do and even then one or the other might need help. I tend to think they have a more chaotic job than the deck crew does.

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I think this has come up before but I'm not sure how practical it would be. The stews are really at the whims of the guests so they have to be ready at any given time to run and make drinks or do cabins while the guests are out of them. I think assigning one to service and one to housekeeping is really about the best they can do and even then one or the other might need help. I tend to think they have a more chaotic job than the deck crew does.

I get it but maybe lists for what is needed on a beach picnic, what towels are in guest cabins and the routine of cleaning, what to stock the bar with, etc...the train goes off the tracks so easily on that boat.

• Like 5

Barbie and Sunny seem to be bonding over their perception that they're the two hottest girls.

Or they want to set up a Mean Girls clique.

We haven't seen the way these people party but there probably won't be many surprises, a couple of them will get black out drunk and act out.

Did they purposely set up Jared for failure, so that Ben could knife him in the back?

Same with Cat and Barbie, you could pairs of deckies and stews who seem ready to carry on extended feuds.

• Like 1

It's interesting how much more the sun affected them at the beach than aboard the yacht.  Especially, the deckies, who are outside most of the day, with their duties.  I realize the stews are inside for part of their duties. I could feel their pain through the tv screen!

• Like 2

For the love of God, stop including slurping audio!  I do not need to hear the captain suck up his morning espresso, the slow ass chef suck down his tea, or those tacky ass guests hoover down their banana daiquiris.  They seem to like including this as much as lingering shots of Cat the hungry stew shoving food down her maw.

Clearly I am not the audience for ASMR...

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
47 minutes ago, cathaireverywhere said:

Clearly I am not the audience for ASMR...

I had to Google ASMR, there is for sure a feeling one gets when something is cringe worthy, I had no idea there was a scientific name for that response that makes you gag or get goose bumps, you kids with all your cool speak!

I think production wants us to feel like we are right there with the guest or crew when in reality we want to be as far away as we can when Maw & Paw do it in the hot tub, that reaction we all felt needs a new term, lol.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
14 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

It's interesting how much more the sun affected them at the beach than aboard the yacht.  Especially, the deckies, who are outside most of the day, with their duties.  I realize the stews are inside for part of their duties. I could feel their pain through the tv screen!

It's because the sun reflects off white sand beaches like the ones in Grenada and you don't really feel how much sun you're getting. It's happened to me several times in the Grenadines. The darker teak decks on the yachts don't have the same effect. Of course, the smart thing to do is to always apply plenty of sunscreen before you go outside in the Caribbean.

• Useful 3
On 2/13/2024 at 9:20 AM, iMonrey said:

Sometimes the worst people are the nicest people. I guess.

I don’t think a bit of crude language makes a group “the worst people”. 

• Like 2

I swear a lot.

But not sure if I wouldn't be a bit more self-conscious in front of TV cameras.

These guests certainly made some choices about how they want to appear on TV.

Apparently not too worried about how their relatives, especially young children, or friends and coworkers would react or feel about how they come across.

• Like 7