Type keyword(s) to search

S39.E17: Feel the Bern

• Start Topic

Why is Jay pretending he wasn’t the first one who turned on Kyland and Horacio?

James brought nothing to this season, to the point where I was impressed that he survived all 3 purges. 

I know Michele has a lot of haters, but I usually enjoy watching her, and find her less smug than most of the other contestants. Plus, she owns her shit on Twitter. 

• Like 8

I know I’m going to sound like an old crone, but I fucking hate how Moriah dresses.  You can go up a size and we’ll still know that you’re fit as hell, lady.

Jay continues to completely think that what actually happened matches the narrative in his head.  His stock has fucking plummeted and it’s delightful.

• Like 14
(edited)

So... we're all #TeamNurys, right?

41 minutes ago, jsm1125 said:

James brought nothing to this season, to the point where I was impressed that he survived all 3 purges. 

He has a championship of his own. He's the champ of polidicking. I don't recall a fling ever carrying someone so far into the game, just one challenge ahead of the final.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 6

#TeamNurys

Not sad to see any of those 3 go. James was a dud. Michele is one of my least fave Survivor winners. And, while I used to like Olivia, she was stupid last week not to choose Nurys. 

It was a let down that Berna won and I look forward to seeing her flat out and crying in the finals. Guessing she will be a medical boot of some sort. 

• Like 9

I am #TeamNurys but she could afford to be just a bit gracious in defeat.  I get that she's having feelings about all of them, for good reason, but that just wasn't a good look.

She's still the only one I want to see win.

It's kind of funny they let them all go out and drunk and then sic TJ on them mid-drink.  Uh oh 

• Like 5

#TeamNurys How does Jay think he has had Nurys's back? He's literally the reason she went into the elimination last week. That whole thing was his plan. He's exhausting.  I'd be fine if he never returns. 

• Like 11
  • Love 1

*sigh* I'm thinking we should be preparing for the absolute worse case scenario, where Jay wins with his pissy little attitude and his loose hair. Nurys could have beaten Jay and Olivia in the Arena, and I'd still brace for a crappy ending. Such is the suck of this season. TJ probably contemplates showing up drunk to deal with these assholes.

I'm a bit upset that Nurys didn't set the house on fire after she came back the first time. I was expecting a hurricane, she gave me a tropical depression. She had enough reason to rip into everyone for their shitty behavior. She wound up doing that, but it didn't feel like it was enough.

At least Michele-with-one-L got yet another "L" hung onto her. Who cares if she was one of the few people capable of reining in Jay? Watching her fall was a treat, and Berna wound up winning the mission . . . and she was enough of a wild card to throw things up in the air. Alas, Nurys had to go back to the Arena, only this time with Olivia and the mass of man-meat they call "James." He really didn't do anything to justify staying on the show, did he? The only one who gave two shits about him was Moriah. It was entertaining to see her reaction to Nurys' return . . . . almost as if James had actually died. Hilarious.

Seriously not looking forward to the finale. I feel Jay is going to win, and he won't have to deal with any sort of comeuppance over what a shitty human being he has turned into. Why can't people get booed at Reunions? That's what I'd like for Jay . . . . boos, jeers, and a couple of clever bastards wearing Rogan masks, playfully threatening to finish the job he did on Jay years ago. Nurys is our only hope for a happy ending, but we'll probably have a bad taste in our mouths for all the garbage we've been force to devour.

• Like 5

Usually they show people who get injured.  Broken ribs would require medical attention.  How did they get out of the water if they were hurting so bad or Colleen with a concussion.

I thought Jay would win.  He’s into extreme sports, holding himself up with mostly arms and upper body.  He won the previous Daily and I figured he’d win this, which favors men with upper body strength.

Michelle not running was a strange choice.

Wow these friends sure take it personally.

Nurys the only one to solve the slide puzzle.  She better hope for puzzle-heavy Final but looks like a lot of endurance portions with maybe eating challenge.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

It was entertaining to see her reaction to Nurys' return . . . . almost as if James had actually died. Hilarious.

I hope the cameraman who got the shot of her sadly gazing out the rain-splattered window while morosely holding her coffee cup got a hefty raise.

Hughie was on *this season*.  Who remembers that?  Anyone?  Bueller?

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

This season has lasted approximately 100 years. Who can remember that far back? 😆 Also nope I didn't remember that. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

2 minutes ago, joanne3482 said:

This season has lasted approximately 100 years. Who can remember that far back? 😆 Also nope I didn't remember that. 

It's funny to me that I literally said that last week. I completely forgot that Hughie was on this season. I completely forgot that Big T and Melissa were on this season too. It doesn't feel like they were there. 😂

I'm sure there's more people that I'm not recalling at this moment.

• Like 1

Olivia betrayed Nurys for Michele and Jay and Jay's like I don't trust her.

Everyone has discussed Berna's awful personality and behavior but SHE has a problem with Nurys's behavior yeah no.

Emmanuel doesn't like Nurys's confidence after she single handedly took out 4 competitors in the last 2 challenges? Shut up. Go Nurys

I hate everyone else. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
17 minutes ago, WInterfalls said:

Olivia betrayed Nurys for Michele and Jay and Jay's like I don't trust her.

Everyone has discussed Berna's awful personality and behavior but SHE has a problem with Nurys's behavior yeah no.

Emmanuel doesn't like Nurys's confidence after she single handedly took out 4 competitors in the last 2 challenges? Shut up. Go Nurys

I hate everyone else. 

I didn’t mind Emanuel until that comment.  He’d been keeping his mouth more or less shut, but that showed some serious misogyny.  

• Like 8

It was predicted in last week's episode thread but I HATED the little celebratory dance that Jay and his cronies were doing about Horacio and Kyland going home at the top of the episode. Honestly what pigs. Horacio was allegedly his friend. Who does that to a friend?  

• Like 6
9 minutes ago, joanne3482 said:

It was predicted in last week's episode thread but I HATED the little celebratory dance that Jay and his cronies were doing about Horacio and Kyland going home at the top of the episode. Honestly what pigs. Horacio was allegedly his friend. Who does that to a friend?  

And it was so obviously planned.  They started their dance immediately (with Emmanuel, almost before the words were out of their mouths) and how would Jay and Moriah know when to chest bump?  I know there's a "thing" on Big Brother that after one alliance gets someone out, or wins a comp, or whatever, they meet up in the kitchen and do a little dance.  I bet Jay thought this would be oh-so-cute to do here.  It wasn't. I did wonder if he would accidentally pop Moriah in the nose with his flailing, though.  

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

I forgot how much I was dreading this episode until I watched Nurys walk back in the house. I wanted to punch Jay in the face. I knew he would do the absolute most. He actually thought that Nury's anger would not be towards him. Delusion. 

Olivia tells Nurys that there was no plan to get rid of her. Am I tripping, or did they show Olivia making a deal with Jay and co. saying she was all in with them??? They showed it!

I was intrigued by the all girls alliance idea. I thought it was a great strategy for Nurys to come up with coming back in the house knowing she was low on the totem poll and two strong guys just got sent home. 

Why wasn't James considered a threat? He was being protected by Moriah all season, but he could have been a problem in the final. He seems strong. Before the elimination with the puzzle, the only weakness I potentially saw was him being a rookie and experience helps in finals. 

I let out the loudest cheer when Michele was eliminated. I'm so happy I stayed off twitter and didn't see that spoiler. Very pleasant surprise. TJ getting involved in the mess at the vote was hilarious. I'm so glad Nurys won. I didn't think Olivia had a chance at all, and I did think Nurys would win in the elimination over James. Nurys to win it all please. I think the remaining guys are slightly shook at Nurys taking out 4 people including 3 strong guys. It probably annoyed them that they didn't know what the elimination was, I wonder if some of them found out when we did watching the show. 

• Like 3

Reading this thread has given me enough about what happened.  I might watch an (unofficial) Youtube recap vid, but no desire to watch any more episodes.  I can't believe, what?, about a millennia ago, I was actually kinda-sorta excited about this season...or at least the idea of it.  Now?  I'm thinking ahead to S40.  Jay's probably gonna win, and he is not a champion that I can celebrate.

• Like 5
15 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

I forgot how much I was dreading this episode until I watched Nurys walk back in the house. I wanted to punch Jay in the face. I knew he would do the absolute most. He actually thought that Nury's anger would not be towards him. Delusion. 

Olivia tells Nurys that there was no plan to get rid of her. Am I tripping, or did they show Olivia making a deal with Jay and co. saying she was all in with them??? They showed it!

I was intrigued by the all girls alliance idea. I thought it was a great strategy for Nurys to come up with coming back in the house knowing she was low on the totem poll and two strong guys just got sent home. 

Why wasn't James considered a threat? He was being protected by Moriah all season, but he could have been a problem in the final. He seems strong. Before the elimination with the puzzle, the only weakness I potentially saw was him being a rookie and experience helps in finals. 

I let out the loudest cheer when Michele was eliminated. I'm so happy I stayed off twitter and didn't see that spoiler. Very pleasant surprise. TJ getting involved in the mess at the vote was hilarious. I'm so glad Nurys won. I didn't think Olivia had a chance at all, and I did think Nurys would win in the elimination over James. Nurys to win it all please. I think the remaining guys are slightly shook at Nurys taking out 4 people including 3 strong guys. It probably annoyed them that they didn't know what the elimination was, I wonder if some of them found out when we did watching the show. 

James performed pretty poorly in an early elimination against Chauncey, leading the others to conclude that he has virtually no endurance. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

This conquest elimination is more like the final than any other previous eliminations from other seasons that I can think of.

You run, you do puzzle, and repeat.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, jsm1125 said:

James performed pretty poorly in an early elimination against Chauncey, leading the others to conclude that he has virtually no endurance. 

Thanks. This season has been so long I don't remember anything from early this season. 

• Like 1
On 2/9/2024 at 11:00 AM, jsm1125 said:

I think we've seen in previous seasons, CT and Bananas not withstanding (and even they aren't as big as some of these guys), that a lot of the musclebound guys don't have the necessary endurance to win a final. They can win the brute strength dailies, but running is not their forte.  

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, joanne3482 said:

I think we've seen in previous seasons, CT and Bananas not withstanding (and even they aren't as big as some of these guys), that a lot of the musclebound guys don't have the necessary endurance to win a final. They can win the brute strength dailies, but running is not their forte.  

It is the difference between functional muscles and gym muscles.   There was a guy on Survivor a couple of seasons ago…really tall, big guy, and he talked about the difference and how he changed his training once he decided to try to get on Survivor to ensure he had functional strength.  

• Like 2
On 2/8/2024 at 11:32 PM, Duke Silver said:

Now?  I'm thinking ahead to S40.

BMP seems determined to ruin this show for good -- in fact, I think that point has already been passed.   I suspect season 40 will generate nothing beyond nostalgia and a pervasive sense of loss for what The Challenge used to be.   They should call it The Challenge 40 -- Retirement Party.

And Season 41?  We'll be right back to a repeat of this season, with the same cast of losers.