Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Sunflower

• Start Topic

I hope it's OK I started a thread for last night's episode.

Tammy seems to have really had feelings for Caleb.  I had at first thought she was just flattered by his attention, but she really seemed to care for him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4

I agree, Tammy's emotion seemed very genuine. I am really impressed by how far she has come, not just with her weight loss but also with her ability to express otherwise uncomfortable feelings. In the past she would shut down and now she is willing to talk about what affects her. Amy had some insightful things to say as well which leads me to believe a lot of her outward behavior is a routine for the cameras. Caleb's friends who attended the memorial service seemed very genuine as well.

I hope they can all get/keep their sh*t together and continue to make improvements! Tammy is walking so well now and she's wearing lace up shoes too. She's doing such a great job.

• Like 11

I read elsewhere that Caleb had posted things on Facebook that implied he and Tammy were separating. Maybe she was frustrated he wasn't making progress. It's still a sad situation. It doesn't take much to crack me up, and I was laughing at Amanda talking about Amy's biting and Amy's comment about the urn being a salt shaker. So many reality shows have no sense of humor like the Little People. 

I remember how resistant Tammy was to therapy when she was still so big. But therapy has really worked for her. 

• Like 7

That episode was heartbreaking.    Tammy has matured so much emotionally, and to see how devastated she was by Caleb's death was so sad.     

The butterfly part was funny though.   I never realized the logistics involved in butterfly releases.    

I'm glad Amy's getting help, and seems more stable.  The boys do need a schedule and boundaries, and I hope Amy is really doing that and not just talking about it.   

• Like 6
(edited)

Well, that was heartbreaking:(. I feel terrible for Tammy, such a hard thing to go through. She really is doing so phenomenal though. I think whoever her therapist is deserves the Nobel Peace Prize LOL… wonder if it’s that same therapist from last season? Can’t recall her name.  

My tears flowed when Amy told everyone at the memorial to “bring it all in” for a group hug. It was very heartbreaking and beautiful at the same time. 

Say what you will about this family, but one things for sure is they all have each other’s backs. We should all be so blessed. I’m pulling for all of them. 

Edited by jnymph
  • Like 12
(edited)

I was really impressed with Missy's weight loss.  You could really see the difference.  I couldn't really see any difference in Amanda but she's tall and has a large chest.  I wonder if they've continued not smoking.  

I hope Tammy continues to lose weight and eventually gets skin removal surgery.  When Chris mentioned her age it hit me how young she is.  Being that large really aged her.  I hope she stays grounded and determined to reach her weight loss goal.  

Edited by swankie
Grammar
  • Like 6
20 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I agree, Tammy's emotion seemed very genuine. I am really impressed by how far she has come, not just with her weight loss but also with her ability to express otherwise uncomfortable feelings. In the past she would shut down and now she is willing to talk about what affects her.

I was oddly impressed with Tammy this season. 

• Like 12
  • Love 1

Butterflies on ice for an event release is ridiculous and cruel. And add in the flaming lantern set off across a tree-lined river bank. Good grief. TLC - I know you want to desperately prop up this train-wreck, dysfunctional family - but maybe choose some more humane and environmentally friendly ways to do it. Sorry if I appear snarky…but the glossy veneer that TLC had put on this family irks me. As someone who was aware of the sisters and the family prior to the show - I’m always amazed that they’ve become mainstream media darlings. Just like Mama June.

• Like 12
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
46 minutes ago, Tipsymcstagger said:

Butterflies on ice for an event release is ridiculous and cruel.

I haven't seen this episode yet but thanks for the advance warning. I won't be watching any shows featuring cruelty to ANY species of nature. 

TLC and these "fame seekers" need to fuck off. Anything for a dollar.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Tipsymcstagger said:

And add in the flaming lantern set off across a tree-lined river bank.

I can't see how this is even legal.  If it hadn't rained in a while, the foliage could have easily caught on fire.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Jst2Wld said:

I haven't seen this episode yet but thanks for the advance warning. I won't be watching any shows featuring cruelty to ANY species of nature.

No butterflies were harmed. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, SDVegas said:

No butterflies were harmed. 

Lol! Thanks for that info. I still won't be watching. Just stopping in here occasionally for the informative posts by kind folks (and the wit and snark!)

• Love 1

This episode made me so sad.  Poor Tammy. She handled everything quite well and the memorial was nice.  She obviously had deep feelings for Caleb whatever they were.  I remember her calling him her best friend at some point and I think that's probably what he was.  I knew when we saw him win the little sloth in the last episode that we'd be seeing it again.  I got choked up over that.  RIP Caleb.  What a sad ending to a young life.

When the episode opened with Amy crying on Tammy's couch, Amy crying in her talking heads, and Amy crying at the kitchen table I was afraid she'd ruin the memorial service like she did Tammy's wedding but she behaved herself.  Maybe because her kids weren't there to trigger her.  I know I sound mean, but I've dealt with a family member who was a lot like her and she has a long way to go to win me back over.  Amanda was gracious to forgive her, but I think that may have played out differently if it wasn't for everyone dealing with Caleb's untimely death. 

I enjoy Amanda and Misty together.  They both looked nice in their new dresses.  The whole family was appropriately dressed.  I get a kick out of Chris wearing his cowboy hat when he's dressed up. 

This episode seemed more like a series finale than a season finale.  That probably would have been the best thing for Amy's kids, but I've heard they're  filming next season.  I hope Michael has enough sense to try to keep the boys off the show.  They deserve their privacy. 

• Like 6
18 hours ago, Jst2Wld said:

TLC and these "fame seekers" need to fuck off. Anything for a dollar.

ITA 😡

• Like 2

I have an odd issue that I like to follow generally what is going on with the trainwreck reality programs but they are so full of rehashed stuff that I fall asleep during them repeatedly.  I didn't notice this season that they dealt with the separation/break up between Caleb and Tammy. Did TLC gloss over this and her attempting other relationships?  I far as I could follow, they just showed her visiting a time or two and being sadly frustrated with his lack of progress but still seeming like she was waiting for him to join her in Kentucky then it jumped to his death.  Did I miss something?

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
On 2/7/2024 at 10:56 PM, swankie said:

I was really impressed with Missy's weight loss.  You could really see the difference.  I couldn't really see any difference in Amanda but she's tall and has a large chest.   

I'm built like Amanda (though considerably shorter) and I lost 50 lbs before anybody noticed - only went down 1 bra size! Then the next 5 lbs I lost 2 bra sizes and all of a sudden everybody noticed. You lead with your boobs, I guess!

• Useful 2
  • LOL 7
On 2/12/2024 at 8:47 AM, ReclinerTurnip said:

I have an odd issue that I like to follow generally what is going on with the trainwreck reality programs but they are so full of rehashed stuff that I fall asleep during them repeatedly.  I didn't notice this season that they dealt with the separation/break up between Caleb and Tammy. Did TLC gloss over this and her attempting other relationships?  I far as I could follow, they just showed her visiting a time or two and being sadly frustrated with his lack of progress but still seeming like she was waiting for him to join her in Kentucky then it jumped to his death.  Did I miss something?

You didn’t miss anything. They never showed or insinuated they had separated. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1