Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E14: Caught Read Handed

• Start Topic

The bosun's texting with a familiar chief stew turns into a damage control crisis; the chef faces a culinary challenge with a blindfolded dinner; Illness strikes the lead deckhand.

Airdate: 01/08/2024

I cannot believe Kyle got one thin dime of that 32K tip. He never lifted a finger during that entire charter. He took to his bed before the guests even got on board, left the boat, came back only to sit down with the guests for a short bitch-fest then went straight back to bed for the rest of the day. He only got up when they were leaving and he didn't have to do any work. At all. Un-freaking believable. 

I watched WWHL afterwards. Andy asked Lily and Max what their first impression of Kyle was when they first came aboard. Max made a face and gave him a thumbs-down, LOL.

The "dine in the dark" thing was weird, I wouldn't want to do that. I want to know what I'm eating before I put it in my mouth.

I can't believe people texting each other when they are literally walking past one another. The smart phone age will be the death of humanity.

That Luka really gets around. He had a thing with Aesha's sister, Jamie from Down Under, possibly Katie and Natalya and also Jessika. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, PaperTree said:

Is anyone else's Bravo an hour slow?

9PM EST and I'm seeing the never before scene and not the episode.

Guess I'll see at 10.

Do you have Verizon FiOS?  Mine has been wacky lately with random channels being an hour or more behind.  It was a local channel last week; this week my Bravo is doing it.  But only if I try to watch it live.  My dvr does record the correct thing at the correct time.  I have no idea how to fix it but it eventually seems to work itself out after a few days.

15 minutes ago, TazDevil said:

Do you have Verizon FiOS? 

Yes, thanks.  Funny thing is I have 2 boxes, one in the LR and one in the office.  One can be right while the other one is the hour slow.  Strange.

That Kyle is just such an annoying drama queen.

I guess Jess is horny too , though Luka seems to not have a thing with Katie.

"Dining in the Dark"?  No thanks.  Just seems really stupid.

Hope Lara is OK.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I cannot believe Kyle got one thin dime of that 32K tip. He never lifted a finger during that entire charter. He took to his bed before the guests even got on board, left the boat, came back only to sit down with the guests for a short bitch-fest then went straight back to bed for the rest of the day. He only got up when they were leaving and he didn't have to do any work. At all. Un-freaking believable. 

I watched WWHL afterwards. Andy asked Lily and Max what their first impression of Kyle was when they first came aboard. Max made a face and gave him a thumbs-down, LOL.

The "dine in the dark" thing was weird, I wouldn't want to do that. I want to know what I'm eating before I put it in my mouth.

I can't believe people texting each other when they are literally walking past one another. The smart phone age will be the death of humanity.

That Luka really gets around. He had a thing with Aesha's sister, Jamie from Down Under, possibly Katie and Natalya and also Jessika. 

Yeah Kyle was miraculously feeling better on tip day.

Jess and Luka wouldn’t look up from their phones while messaging each other and they’re in the same room.

It is easier to message people sometimes, kind of take emotion out of it, even easier than a voice call never mind face to face convos.

It seemed like Max and Lara were worn down.  So was Luka, a long day.

But maybe also something infectious going around with people being in close quarters.

That castle had a nice view but it was hard work taking all the stuff up the stairs.

Interesting point about how the eyes affect your perception of how foods taste.  Certainly presentation by talented chefs is a big part of the experience.

But maybe there was evolution so that the way food looked and smelled warned human beings about potentially spoiled food, for instance.

• Like 4
(edited)
9 hours ago, aghst said:
13 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Yeah Kyle was miraculously feeling better on tip day

Funny how those headaches disappeared on tip day. I can't believe that he had the balls to accept a dime of that money.  How many times has he pulled this stunt of missing work because he had to take to his bed?  And Sandy jumping up and down and calling Kyle Kyle when she saw him coming back to the boat made me want to puke.

Looks like Natalya is still lurking around and may be coming back next episode. 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Like 9
3 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Funny how those headaches disappeared on tip day. I can't believe that he had the balls to accept a dime of that money.  How many times has he pulled this stunt of missing work because he had to take to his bed?  And Sandy jumping up and down and calling Kyle Kyle when she saw him coming back to the boat made me want to puke.

Looks like Natalya is still lurking around and may be coming back next episode. 

Isn’t that pretty standard procedure for Sandy? Celebrate the slackers and dump on those who do work?

• Like 9
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
5 hours ago, 65mickey said:

And Sandy jumping up and down and calling Kyle Kyle when she saw him coming back to the boat made me want to puke.

I know right? What the hell is up with her cheerleading for Kyle? Wasn't it just a few charters ago she was chewing him out because he was the common denominator in all the fights and drama? Suddenly he's back to being Asset #1 on this boat? Give me a break. I'm so sick of her and Tumi saying how much they "need" him. WTF for? He doesn't do anything!

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I hate Kyle to the point that even seeing him on screen makes me so angry.  He’s lazy, bitchy, a liar.  Tumi also talks out of both sides of her mouth.  To be honest, I hope none of these people are brought back.  
(I have Covid so I’m a little extra crabby). 

• Like 5
  • Hugs 5
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

It was utterly ridiculous that Tumi took credit for Lucy's improvement when she did nothing to train/develop her and wanted her fired before this last charter. 

Kyle is the absolute worst stew in the history of the franchise. That fact that he's coddled and treated as a fan favorite is infuriating, Sadly, I think this show has run its course.  

Edited by snarts
  • Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, Meowwww said:

I hate Kyle to the point that even seeing him on screen makes me so angry.  He’s lazy, bitchy, a liar.  Tumi also talks out of both sides of her mouth.  To be honest, I hope none of these people are brought back.  
(I have Covid so I’m a little extra crabby). 

I can only take this show in very small doses anymore. It is my least favorite in the Bravo lineup, solely because of the people who have been in it, basically since Hannah left. Almost all of ‘em unlikeable.

Feel better soon!

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Like 6

Kyle should be keel hauled for taking one thin dime of that tip...it was unbelievable that Sandy didn't say anything, that is why I think the tips are fake, like in the real world Kyle's coworkers would have a lot to say about him getting his part of that tip and Sandy if she was a decent manager would have pulled him aside and explained why he would not be getting his share.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I doubt that anyone saved tip money for Hailey.

I think the reason that Sandy and Tumi were saying that they "needed Kyle" was that he was the only crew member who had history with this returning set of guests.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)
42 minutes ago, meep.meep said:

I think the reason that Sandy and Tumi were saying that they "needed Kyle" was that he was the only crew member who had history with this returning set of guests.  

Partly, but there was also a lot of lip service paid to Kyle's alleged "energy" being so crucial to their success. It just reeks of propping. It's like @snarts said, he's being treated on the show as though he's some big fan favorite and it's just baffling. I get why Bravo likes him because he's a huge drama queen and that's so on brand for them. What I can't believe is that anyone watching this show likes him, or finds him entertaining in any way. He's absolutely repulsive and absurd.

1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Kyle should be keel hauled for taking one thin dime of that tip...it was unbelievable that Sandy didn't say anything, that is why I think the tips are fake, like in the real world Kyle's coworkers would have a lot to say about him getting his part of that tip

On WWHL Andy did ask Lily and Max if they thought it was fair that Kyle shared in the tip. In fact it was his first question out of the box. Lily tried to give a more diplomatic answer but Max basically said no. (It was hard to understand half of what Max said during that show, just like on BDM.)

Edited by iMonrey
  • Like 6
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Kyle should be keel hauled for taking one thin dime of that tip...it was unbelievable that Sandy didn't say anything, that is why I think the tips are fake, like in the real world Kyle's coworkers would have a lot to say about him getting his part of that tip and Sandy if she was a decent manager would have pulled him aside and explained why he would not be getting his share.

It’s the old “all for one, one for all” BS. There was a similar situation on BD where slacker (and fraud) Andrew (the dumbass who left the porthole open at sea) got his chunk of the tip, and everybody else had nothing to do with him after that, justifiably so. You EARN a tip. Nothing is more toxic to morale. 

Speaking of toxic…

OF COURSE Sandy didn’t say anything. Some people can do no wrong, no matter what, with her. 

• Like 4

Again it's not a real job.  Their compensation for the show comes from these fictions tips.  Lily was getting equal shares when her work was supposedly poor.

I thought these repeat guests weren't too happy with their previous charter yet they showed up again.

So fake guests and fake tips.

Also, Lara sees Max as a useless slacker.  But she loves him, even if his substandard worth ethic means more work for her and others.

5 hours ago, meep.meep said:

I thought they were talking about this particular charter because they were gay, remembered Kyle and Kyle would (normally) match their energy.  He would have been good for that.  Anything else, nope.  And why does Bravo insist on constantly showing Kyle sleeping with his whitey-tighties pointed at the camera.

And big Kudos to Jess for not blowing up her relationship with Luka when Sandy let it out that he had a crush on Katie.  I don't think I have seen any woman on this show not go into the depths of depression when her boat fling doesn't want anything more than a "banging" friendship.  She realized she just wants to have a good time too and it is JUST a boatmance.  Nothing else.  Very proud of her.

Oh, and Tumi and Kyle creeping into to catch Luka and Jess banging was stupid.  And Tumi's disappointment in Jess for being with Luka is sad.  Why can't Jess have fun and sex with a hot guy knowing it will not last past the boat.  I think she knew that before Sandy's "slip up", but Luka was sending mixed signals to her as he is talking to not one but TWO other women.  It will be interesting to see how it goes down when Natayla shows up at dinner.  I have faith my girl Jess will be fine.  I think Luka is going to feel uncomfortable.  We shall see. 

Now bring on the Natalya drama...............

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
On 1/9/2024 at 8:53 AM, 65mickey said:

Kyle wasn't feeling any pain during the crew night out, either!  He was partying it up with the rest of them.  He's a slacker and a faker. He deserves all the online vitriol .

• Like 9
  • Love 1