Type keyword(s) to search

The Floor - General Discussion

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I noticed that as well, like sometimes they demanded first and last names of celebrities/historical figures, and other times, not.

With the people, I think it was a bit like Jeopardy when you answer Roosevelt or  Bush, you'll be asked to be more specific. It would have been nice if they could have had Rob play that role of asking for more information, rather than contestants flailing around with limited time, thinking they gave a wrong answer.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

Really liked the show.  I knew fashion icons would come back to bite someone .

Question about strategy, remember the lady with dark hair that was on a streak…she always answered her questions very fast.  The other contestants just answered at a normal speed.  What is the best strategy?

1 hour ago, Diana Berry said:

Really liked the show.  I knew fashion icons would come back to bite someone .

Question about strategy, remember the lady with dark hair that was on a streak…she always answered her questions very fast.  The other contestants just answered at a normal speed.  What is the best strategy?

Since the clock is running down, I would think answering fast gives you more of a time cushion if you run into difficult questions and have to pass.

• Like 4

Yeah, answering fast is certainly the key. There are no penalties for wrong answers, so go 'stream of thought' and hope you get the answer out in some verbal diarrhea if it doesn't come right away. 

The other tactic would be to pass quickly. Don't fight for the answer on the tip of your tongue because you're bound to burn up more than 3 seconds trying to dredge it up. Basically for every question, allow yourself no more than 1 second of stream of thought babbling, then pass and eat the penalty. And if you have absolutely no clue, pass right away. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Not surprising, but I'm glad to hear it's renewed, especially for 2 more seasons. It's a cheap game show that is fun to play along with and you have to watch it to play along with it. 

• Like 4

Good news, quite enjoyed this one & as was said above you actually have to watch it to play along. And Rob isn't a bad host compared to some of the annoying hosts we get.

• Like 3

I loved this show last year so I was very happy to see it again.  I think Rob Lowe does a good job of keeping things moving and I especially like that there's very little shrieking and hugging and jumping up and down.  At the end of each competition, the winner gets a few words of congratulation and the loser gets a handshake and then quietly departs.  Then they move on.  I like that.

• Like 5

As we learned last year you want to be one of the last ones picked so you can claim most of the board at once. I don't know how adding more players will change anything unless there are some other changes like letting players back in.

I do mostly like this, but I could do without the closeups of Rob’s !shocked! face when a contestant doesn’t recognize something that surely everyone! should know. It’s annoying enough when they show the other contestants doing it, but c’mon, man! At least try to look impartial!

I felt so bad for the lady that got the wobbles before going onstage!  "I can't cry in front of Rob Lowe!!"  I hear you lady.  If I were on that show and The Randomizer stopped on my square, my answer to Rob Lowe's enthusiastic "What's your name?!??" would likely just be a whispered "so handsome"...or just a nonsense syllable.

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, retired watcher said:

I don't know how adding more players will change anything unless there are some other changes like letting players back in.

Adding players doesn't change anything.  It just expands possibilities and lengthens the game which is fine with me.  I don't want them to make any significant changes.  It seems like every time producers decide to "freshen up" a show, they ruin it.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, mlp said:

It just expands possibilities and lengthens the game which is fine with me. 

Exactly. Season 1 was only 10 episodes (8 1-hour and 1 2-hour). This season (since it's a regular series and not just a "special") should be more like 12 or 13.

• Like 2
(edited)
On 9/26/2024 at 3:56 PM, mlp said:

I loved this show last year so I was very happy to see it again.  I think Rob Lowe does a good job of keeping things moving and I especially like that there's very little shrieking and hugging and jumping up and down.  At the end of each competition, the winner gets a few words of congratulation and the loser gets a handshake and then quietly departs.  Then they move on.  I like that.

This is exactly why I watch it.  The only other game show I've ever watched was his Samurai.  Games show make me crazy with everything you mentioned.  Oh and I can actually answer some of the questions :o)

On 9/27/2024 at 12:54 PM, Lovecat said:

I felt so bad for the lady that got the wobbles before going onstage!  "I can't cry in front of Rob Lowe!!"  I hear you lady.  If I were on that show and The Randomizer stopped on my square, my answer to Rob Lowe's enthusiastic "What's your name?!??" would likely just be a whispered "so handsome"...or just a nonsense syllable.

Or the 'hoot' sound like Amy on The Big Bang Theory when she saw one of Penny's old boyfriends. 

Edited by AnnaCody
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Am I pedantic for thinking that only initials spelling out words can be considered acronyms?

We got a few flame-outs, but it’s still early in the game.

I always thought that but have decided that after watching lots of Jeopardy that isn't the case.

Is it my imagination or is there a lot more noise and excited carrying on by contestants this season?  

I'm glad they started out with more people because the season should last longer - unless they start doubling up hours.

36 minutes ago, mlp said:

Is it my imagination or is there a lot more noise and excited carrying on by contestants this season?  

I'm glad they started out with more people because the season should last longer - unless they start doubling up hours.

Because that's the sort of people most gameshows attract & look for after the first season & people know people are watching them. Jeopardy being the main exception & there are a few others but not many. 

Something like WOF actively looks for excitable, outgoing & very loud contestants as do many more but it's not the worst there is, that would probably have to be TPIR & LMAD. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, mlp said:

I've noticed it too. I don't know if they changed the way they cast the show, or just encouraged the contestants to be more animated on the set.

• Like 1