Type keyword(s) to search

The Floor - General Discussion

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I noticed that as well, like sometimes they demanded first and last names of celebrities/historical figures, and other times, not.

With the people, I think it was a bit like Jeopardy when you answer Roosevelt or  Bush, you'll be asked to be more specific. It would have been nice if they could have had Rob play that role of asking for more information, rather than contestants flailing around with limited time, thinking they gave a wrong answer.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

Really liked the show.  I knew fashion icons would come back to bite someone .

Question about strategy, remember the lady with dark hair that was on a streak…she always answered her questions very fast.  The other contestants just answered at a normal speed.  What is the best strategy?

1 hour ago, Diana Berry said:

Really liked the show.  I knew fashion icons would come back to bite someone .

Question about strategy, remember the lady with dark hair that was on a streak…she always answered her questions very fast.  The other contestants just answered at a normal speed.  What is the best strategy?

Since the clock is running down, I would think answering fast gives you more of a time cushion if you run into difficult questions and have to pass.

• Like 4

Yeah, answering fast is certainly the key. There are no penalties for wrong answers, so go 'stream of thought' and hope you get the answer out in some verbal diarrhea if it doesn't come right away. 

The other tactic would be to pass quickly. Don't fight for the answer on the tip of your tongue because you're bound to burn up more than 3 seconds trying to dredge it up. Basically for every question, allow yourself no more than 1 second of stream of thought babbling, then pass and eat the penalty. And if you have absolutely no clue, pass right away. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1