Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: Fork You! I'm Done!

• Start Topic

Wow, Michael won’t let her leave alone. She always has to have both kids. Won’t let her shop without him. Won’t let her have her bank card. And threatens to take 1 of the kids if she kicks him out? No wonder she’s depressed. He’s a controlling emotional and mental abuser.  He’s one of those guys that will shoot the whole family if they leave. 

And does he sleep with chew in his mouth? He’s never without it. 

All these shows are talk about dicks and sex. I’m old I guess because it’s super gross to me. 

Edited by Pi237
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1

I'm exhausted just watching all this fighting.

The charcuterie board was 90% salami and cheese.  Not very healthy.  And the other stuff looked pretty fattening as well.  

Yeah, the pickle jokes get old.  And now we have boom mic jokes.  And the 'trach looks like a penis' jokes.  Talk about one-track minds.   

Amy is definitely depressed.  And it could still be post-partum depression after seven months.  She needs to see her doctor pronto.  

Tammy was so happy to sit in the front seat of the car.  Something so simple just made her day.  It was nice to see that.   

• Like 6

Yes, more truth comes out about Michael. Not working, not parenting, controlling, emotionally abusive, it’s no wonder Amy is at the end of her rope. I hope she manages to get away from him. Having a husband like Michael is worse than having nobody at all. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

For four years, Michael was painted as an easy-going guy who had a full-time job and pushed his quarter-ton sister-in-law around in a wheelchair without complaint.  Now, it's totally opposite. 

I agree that's he seems to be a jerk in this episode, but I think editing played a part as well in order to continue the narrative of poor put-upon Amy, who's juggling two kids and a household.  For example, is his refusal to let Amy have the debit card because Amy can't control her spending?  If so, and if he mentioned it, that statement would end up on the cutting room floor.

At first, Amy said he insisted she take the two kids with her wherever she went.  Then later in the episode, she said he wouldn't keep more than one child at a time.  So, to a certain extent, he does take care of the kids--just not both of them at the same time. 

I'm not defending the guy--he's probably a jerk just like they said.  I'm just saying there may be more to the story than we're being shown.  

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
26 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

is his refusal to let Amy have the debit card because Amy can't control her spending?  If so, and if he mentioned it, that statement would end up on the cutting room floor.

Since she’s the only one bringing in money, I dare say she should be able to spend it however she likes. Not being “allowed” to have your debit card? Hell no. 

• Like 4

I thought Michael was getting a bad edit, until this episode.   His control of the finances, and demands on Amy are abusive.   

I noticed that not only has Michael gained a lot of weight, but Amanda has really put more one, in spite of her WLS.    Amy is obviously regaining too.   I think after she found out she hadn't gained much after the second pregnancy, that she gave up even pretending to try, and went back to eating anything she wants.   

I was amazed that Amanda and Misty both were smokers, and claim they were getting surgery.    How can they expect to go from smoking all of the time, to zero smoking, and get approved for surgery?   That's such a risk to the patient.  

It's sad that on a show where  Tammy is getting healthy, that everyone in the family is ignoring what gaining so much, especially from eating a constant range of low value food in large quantities is doing to their health.   None of the kids look that healthy either, so it's a generational culture of poor health.     It's sad that Amy's little ones will grow up the same way.    

Darlene and her totally fake apology was ridiculous.   The fact she's older, and not in good health doesn't give her a pass to be mean to her daughter.  

I’m so happy for Tammy, she’s really embracing her new life, and is so committed to moving forward.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2

I had 2 boys under two and there was no way on earth I needed a nanny,  cmon.   My husband worked 2 jobs and never helped me much at all.    It's called 'having kids'.   Amy needs some Zoloft  ,  trust me,  it helps with that excessive crying.     And I wasn't worried about 'going out with the girls'  at that time in my life .   She just seems very immature to me.  But this is all in my opinion.

Nice to see Tammy being able to be in the mix with the family more,  and not feel left out .   I can imagine how good she feels!!    

• Like 5
  • Applause 3

I, too had 2 under 2. Took some time off work- child care pretty pricy. We did things- went to the library, met other moms with young kids at the park packing a lunch, did a Mothers play group at a local church basement where all of us played from 9 to 11 am one day a week. There's a saying "the days are long but the years are short"- that's where Amy is now.  Amy not driving is an issue, but getting out several times a week and being with other parents would really help. Amy has a lot of learned helplessness- she doesn't need Amanda or Misty fighting her battles, she needs to get off her sofa and commit to her life. I do not make light of her possible depression, she also should see a physician and/or a mental health professional immediately. 

Edited by BAForever
Soda and sofa aren't the same, although the mistake was funny
  • Like 12

I'm shocked that Chris, Amy, Misty and Amanda all seem to be the same weight, and gaining.      Tammy seems to be the only one who is really trying to lose.   It's amazing how Tammy seems to be the sensible one in the family now, and supportive for Amy. 

What real gym lets people wear trash bags to sweat off nicotine?   Great way to hurt yourself, and I can't believe the instructor thinks it's OK.    Sweating out nicotine instead of quitting smoking is a ridiculous idea.   

I loved Dr. Smith's reaction to seeing Tammy.    I love Tammy's attitude, and I'm really rooting for her. 

(The Smothered ads are sickening).    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 9

I was away for Christmas. Just binge watched these episodes the other day. Wow. Michael withholding the debit card from Amy seemed like a real ***hole thing to do but I wondered if there is a lot more to the story. Like if Amy gets a hold of the card does she overspends on a lot of stupid stuff? Did you see that oversized stuffed peep she bought for Gage?

Amy needs to clean up her house. I know they tried to bring in those personal organizers but it didn't seem to help. Once Gage is three it might help to put him in some half day preschool class. I don't think he's getting much stimulation at home. Do they ever read to him? Does he have any educational toys?

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
17 hours ago, applewood said:

Did you see that oversized stuffed peep she bought for Gage?

I noticed that and the twinkle she got in her eye about getting her money from the bank. In her interview, she said it was so she and the boys could ‘start over,’ but she just moved in with Tammy.  She wouldn’t need a large amount of money, yet. So, I wonder if she spends too much on stupid stuff. The only thing is, Michael kept saying she couldn’t leave him with both kids. That she’s not ‘allowed’ to go anywhere without at least one kid. That is bullshit. He can step up and learn how to parent. I think both things are true-Michael’s a big kid who just wants to chew and play video games, and uses ‘I don’t know how’ as an excuse not to do any parenting. AND Amy is lazy, won’t clean up after herself and spends too much on dumb crap. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
On 12/23/2023 at 7:24 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I noticed that not only has Michael gained a lot of weight, but Amanda has really put more one, in spite of her WLS.    Amy is obviously regaining too.   I think after she found out she hadn't gained much after the second pregnancy, that she gave up even pretending to try, and went back to eating anything she wants.   

I'm so happy for Tammy, she’s really embracing her new life, and is so committed to moving forward.  

I wonder how Amy really feels about Tammy's weight loss.  Tammy doesn't weigh much more than Amy did when the show started.  Amy may not be the "skinny" Slaton sister much longer.  That could be adding to her stress.

I'm happy for Tammy too.  Her new outlook on life is as wonderful as her weight loss.  I'm hoping her family doesn't drag her back down. 

• Like 4