Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E17: One on One: Part 3

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

Unfortunately, I'm very familiar with bike and quad accidents. My opinion... the vagueness around Daytons accident was due to fear of trouble for not having this child in proper gear. His head and facial trauma indicate either no helmet or a shell helmet that only protects the top of the head. As the adult in charge, Grody is responsible for this kids brain damage...and that is one of the worst things he slithered out of. 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I have never heard this mentioned. Where is it from?

I never heard about that either. I did hear he had issues with his eyelid not opening well or something, but never heard of any brain damage...

Edited by Gramto6
  • Like 8
9 hours ago, vibeology said:

She was absolutely trying to pick a fight. Janelle and Christine were splitting the rental and some of their kids were going to have a second Christmas once Christine came to town. Because of Robyn, they were not invited to Meri's for Christmas Eve and were not welcome at Robyn's house unless they were willing to "have a conversation."

Everything from here on out is my best guess based on the comments we've gotten: I think the original plan was to mail or deliver gifts to anyone not attending Rental House Christmas (because of covid rules, work, being with in-laws etc) and those kids would open their gifts whenever and the Rental House kids would do their gifts on their second Christmas.

Robyn didn't like that there was going to be Rental House second Christmas and that she couldn't use the holiday as a way of forcing the apology that she claims she doesn't want. If there was no Christmas except for the one she hosted, those kids would have to come groveling to her or be left out. So instead of letting the kids do their best to connect at Christmas, she stuck her nose into the whole situation. She knew that a zoom call with 20+ people would be near impossible to organize but she wanted to cause a fight and ruin the kids gift exchange to punish the kids who refused to apologize to her. If Gwen's comment really was the one that kicked off the fight, she was looking to be offended because it wasn't that bad.

She thought she could use Gabe and Garrison's (and probably some of the other kids) desire to get together with their family and enjoy the holiday as a way to force their hands and when Janelle and Christine rented a house to circumvent her, she lashed out.

It really is hard to imagine how a 20+ person Zoom call would work, especially since some of the adults probably wouldn't feel Safe, the little kids wouldn't know what they were supposed to say, and the older kids apparently are holding grudges (justified or not).  Did Crybrows think that this made her look like a peacemaker or something?  "I tried so hard to get us all together for Christmas, and they all just hate me so much...<dissolve into dry tears>"

At this point, Christine has made it clear that she doesn't give a shit and just wants Crybrows to butt out of her life; Crybrows continuing to try to insert herself where she doesn't belong I guess *she* thinks makes her look good.

• Like 12
  • LOL 1
21 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Two words I'm sick to death of hearing:  safe, and conversation(s.)

I hope Crybrows got billed for all the tissues she wasted, dabbing at her dry eyes!

Safe and conversations are this year's "fully functioning marriage." three words that I never want to hear again.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, waterytart said:

Add "pencil" and "wet" in the same sentence for me. 

Yeah that one really shows just how disgusting Kootie is! And so rude and disrespectful to say it about his own sons! 

• Like 8
  • Applause 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Gramto6 said:

Yeah that one really shows just how disgusting Kootie is! And so rude and disrespectful to say it about his own sons! 

Not only rude and disrespectful of his sons, just think how the girlfriends and their respective families felt about such boorish crassness.

• Like 11
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1
On 12/16/2023 at 4:10 PM, xwordfanatik said:

I cannot imagine how I would have felt, had my future father-in-law said anything like that!  

Kootie not only has daddy issues, he has son issues as well.  Sad for them.

If I dated one of the Browns, unknowingly, and found out Kootie was the potential father in law, I would run for the hills.  Those young folks who married into the family are stronger than me!  (and in deep and true love to put up with that piece of work!)

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
50 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

If I dated one of the Browns, unknowingly, and found out Kootie was the potential father in law, I would run for the hills.  Those young folks who married into the family are stronger than me!  (and in deep and true love to put up with that piece of work!)

The thing is, the kids of Kootie Brown have seen what bad marriages look like and I think are going in the opposite direction of what they have experienced. The ones that are married all seem very well adjusted and happy. To my thinking, most of the adult children are far better people than their bio dad could every be!

• Like 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, Canadian Girl said:

I hear it as "He's someone!"

I'm happy for her if he's really her true love, but I do think she latched onto him awfully fast. They said in an interview that David said "I love you" first. I think that was really all it took. They do have a lot in common with their backgrounds, number of kids etc., love of family, and I'm heartened by the fact that Truely seems to like David very much. But I think Christine's fear of dating maybe short-circuited her dating phase too early. Fall in love = no more dating. I hope we'll see Meri go out with more than a couple of men before she finds her match.

Just now, Teafortwo said:

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Like 7