Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E11: Jamaican Me Crazy

Pop Tart
  • Start Topic

Craig decides that the perfect way for Paige to get to know his friends is a group getaway to Jamaica; As they touch down in paradise, Olivia questions where she stands with Austen; Shep keeps is distance from Taylor.

Air date: 11.30.23

• Like 1

Very boring episode. Basically,we see the cast gathering and drinking at the airport in Charleston. Paige couldn't make the cast trip to Montego Bay, Jamaica? I don't buy it. I know these trips appear to be spontaneous, however they are probably planned at least four months in advance. Paige is slowly beginning to distance herself from Craig and that is my opinion.

• Like 7
  • Love 3

I thought the last scene where Austen and Madison were off talking was really telling about this group. The conversation was actually a very adult discussion about Austin and his approach to dating with Madison, while the castmates stand at the bar creating a narrative that Austen and Madison were 30 seconds away from hooking up, with the requisite pearl clutching and teeth gnashing.

Grow up people, they are pushing 40!!!

Edited by Rlb8031
  • Like 12
  • Love 2

It was nice to see Madison and Austen actually talking like grownups - quite the contrast to his therapy appointment, where it felt like he was rehashing the junior high cafeteria gossip of the day with his therapist, who smiled and said "Wow" at all the right places but who knows what was going on in her head.

The dress Venita wore at the dinner was beautiful. I've actually come to really like her, as she seems way too mature for this group.

Speaking of immature - as much as I don't like JT, he struck me as genuinely humorous a few times. The exchange in his bathroom with the bellhop legitimately had me laughing.

As for Taylor, I'm awash in second-hand embarrassment for her. Ten, fifteen years from now, she's going to look back on her behavior and cringe, and then cringe even harder as she realizes the entire world saw her acting this way. I get that she's young. I get that she's hurt. I get that she wants nothing more than for Shep to say "I was so wrong, Taylor! I made a huge mistake! I'm so sorry I treated you that way! Please forgive me! I want you back! Marry me!" But she's really started acting ugly, all over a breakup - the kind of breakup that plenty of people go through every single day and come out the other side perfectly fine. Nothing she does is going to change her situation for the better - Shep isn't coming back - and, in fact, she's turning people against her.

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
40 minutes ago, mandymax said:

The dress Venita wore at the dinner was beautiful. I've actually come to really like her, as she seems way too mature for this group.

Agree. Admittedly not a huge fan but she looked stunning at the dinner: dress, hair, makeup and I appreciated her take on the various situations.

Again, who knew I'd become such a Madison fan. She & Craig are the stars of he show and really the only ones I'm rooting for. I don't mind Olivia, just find her a tad boring.

No interest in watching anyone's therapy session and way too much JT. I don't like anything about him.

Finally, hard to comment on these episodes when you have to pretend you don't know anything that's happening in present day.

• Like 5
4 hours ago, mandymax said:

As for Taylor, I'm awash in second-hand embarrassment for her. Ten, fifteen years from now, she's going to look back on her behavior and cringe, and then cringe even harder as she realizes the entire world saw her acting this way. I get that she's young. I get that she's hurt. I get that she wants nothing more than for Shep to say "I was so wrong, Taylor! I made a huge mistake! I'm so sorry I treated you that way! Please forgive me! I want you back! Marry me!" But she's really started acting ugly, all over a breakup - the kind of breakup that plenty of people go through every single day and come out the other side perfectly fine. Nothing she does is going to change her situation for the better - Shep isn't coming back - and, in fact, she's turning people against her.

This just hits so close to home, I’ve been Taylor (100 years ago) and absolutely she should be like “whatever I’m fine!”  But in that situation it’s so hard to not be stupid!!  Even knowing I was acting like an idiot it was like I had no control over my emotions!  I just feel for her so hard.

3 hours ago, snarts said:

Finally, hard to comment on these episodes when you have to pretend you don't know anything that's happening in present day.

… what’s happening in present day?  Should I look somewhere for something juicy?

What did Shep say about Whitney’s passport??  Having been stamped more than something something rose?  Shep is so dumb but he does have a great mind for quotes, sayings and recall of literature.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

I know they needed a premise for the cast trip, but saying I’m taking Paige on a romantic trip to Jamaica, why don’t we make it a get-to-know-her friend trip, and then oops, she has to work… uh, what happened to the romantic trip? Everyone is all oohing and ahing over the swanky accommodations and Whitney is all, this isn’t very presidential. 

Count me amongst those pleasantly shocked about Madison and Austen’s conversation at the end there. They have really come a long way. They were the ”who would’ve thought” meme come to life. 

Look At Us Paul Rudd GIF

Austen does suddenly seem to be showing more interest toward and chemistry with Olivia than they ever did when they were actually “dating.” I almost believe that he genuinely wants to grow emotionally and his therapy isn’t entirely just for the show. I think he recognizes he’s on his way to being Shep if he doesn’t pivot now, and I think that’s motivation enough to learn how to become emotionally available.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

SO boring. I ff'd past that moron Austen at his therapy session because I couldn't care less about anything he boringly drones on about, and then he's having ANOTHER boring, pretend fake 'therapy session' with that idiot Madison. Again when the only person I think is remotely interesting is Shep, what's the world coming to? Ugh.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

I thought the episode was boring, as well. Too much time was spent on the hotel drinking, and eating by themselves. But this is not uncommon on Bravo shows- not to show the visiting country too much. The cast could have had dinner somewhere else.

Poor Shep, he is so much older compared to the rest. And they told him. 

I'm not interested in Austin's therapy sessions. 

Madison thinks Austin is in love with Taylor?

Shep is still flirting with Taylor, and is condescending at the same time. 

Taylor appears to be desperate again with texting both Austen and Shep, and offering booty calls, but it's obvious Shep is encouraging it. But like others mentioned, some of us acted stupid in the past, she is not the only one.

Olivia's underbite is distracting and annoying. Why is the Olivia/Austen romance pushed? Austen is saying again that he is in love with Olivia. I'm not sure I believe it because a lot seems to be scripted. 

I guess Paige had more interesting alternatives to the trip to Jamaica. Craig likes her a lot more than she likes him. Let's see if they will last, because for now they love being Bravo's (and beyond) darlings. 

I like Venita, and the way she dresses. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 5
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Having been stamped more than something something rose?

The Rose of Tralee, a festival held in Ireland where women from all over the world compete in what appears to be similar to a beauty pageant.

52 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

Shep is still flirting with Taylor, and is condescending at the same time. 

Yes, the only reason he has been to so many countries is inherited wealth, nothing he accomplished on his own.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2

Watching Austen's teensy, ill-equipped brain try to say and do something-ANYTHING-to remain relevant is not only boring but also embarrassing. And when you add in brainiac Madison trying to "help," it's even more inane.

Madison: "you're in love with Taylor."

Austen: "no, I'm in love with Olivia."

Madison: "Would you be wiling to pretend you're in love with Whitney or maybe bestiality with Little Craig?"

Austen: "Sure! I'm up for anything!" 

Jesus. 🤮

Edited by StevieRocks
  • LOL 8
8 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Poor Shep, he is so much older compared to the rest. And they told him.  

Yeah, it was bad enough waxing poetic about his college days as Venita was about to embark on elementary school. But think his fate was sealed when he took Olivia’s bag out of the car and exclaimed, “Who are you, Diana Ross?!?” Come on, Shep. I’m a little older than him even, and Diana Ross would not have been the go-to diva top of mind. I think Olivia might know to go as far back as Mariah Carey, but surely Shep would know as current up to Beyoncé.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

I do wonder why on earth Taylor didn't just go back to her old job or at least her old field - what was it, dental something or other? Why couldn't she just do that? Even Kate Gosselin eventually returned to nursing.  If she could do it, why can't Taylor?

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, mandymax said:

I do wonder why on earth Taylor didn't just go back to her old job or at least her old field - what was it, dental something or other? Why couldn't she just do that? Even Kate Gosselin eventually returned to nursing.  If she could do it, why can't Taylor?

I read or heard somewhere she makes more selling those canned cocktails than she did in the medical adjacent job.

• Like 3
11 hours ago, StevieRocks said:

JT, or whatever that thirsty desperate try-hard's name is, looked like a ten year old girl with his shirt off at the fake workout. If he was going for sexy, that was a huge FAIL. This show STINKS.

Also, did he say he wears Speedos? That's something I don't want to see.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
6 hours ago, mandymax said:

Taylor is used to, and loves being a Bravolebrity.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

I was going to snark about Paige again bailing on another chance to hang out with the rest of the cast.

But I wonder if they went cheap on the trip and could only have a certain number of the cast, not their SOs on this trip.

Obviously the resort comped the rooms, meals and drinks for mentioning the place and showing off some shots.

But the place looked deserted?  Maybe they filmed in the off season -- didn't look like sunbathing weather though I would think it would always be warm in the Caribbean.

Another fake therapy session.  No way a real therapist would consent to film sessions for which he or she would charge hundreds.

Some of them like hanging out in the Caribbean but not sure this resort or Jamaica would have been their first choice.  Not terribly Southern nor charming.

All they got out of it was more fake boy-girl drama.  They're probably sick of talking about Austen's supposed love life so they forced Madison to talk to him.

When they were in transit, Rod was talking about his back hair and ass hair?  OK, he's given up on Olivia since he talked about personal grooming in her presence.  Or maybe he never really GAF.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

JT looks like his mom had to pay people to go to his birthday parties. He has no idea how to read a room 

I know we can’t tell spoilers from WWHL here but I think you would enjoy Andy and the audience giving him a hard time this week lol.

Also his name is Jared which makes me think of the Subway guy.

• LOL 6
3 hours ago, aghst said:

But I wonder if they went cheap on the trip and could only have a certain number of the cast, not their SOs on this trip.

Obviously the resort comped the rooms, meals and drinks for mentioning the place and showing off some shots.

But the place looked deserted?  Maybe they filmed in the off season -- didn't look like sunbathing weather though I would think it would always be warm in the Caribbean.

Some of them like hanging out in the Caribbean but not sure this resort or Jamaica would have been their first choice.  Not terribly Southern nor charming.

Filming for the season started in January, so I guess they were in Jamaica in February (?). It was out of season, because even Spring Break was later.

• Useful 1
On 12/1/2023 at 5:50 PM, JenE4 said:

Everyone is all oohing and ahing over the swanky accommodations and Whitney is all, this isn’t very presidential. 

Whitney's ridiculous behavior was the best part of this boring episode.  Too much of him is too much, but sometimes, you need more!

Oh yes, Paige, the next great fashionista of our time was unable to make the trip.  With her high demand in the realm of haute couture, she just couldn't be pulled away from her next Amazon drop of cheap ass, fugly clothes from China.  

Olivia showed more fun and personality this episode than she has during her entire time on this show combined.  Was she drunk?  Can she drink more of whatever that was at all times moving forward?  Can she give some to Taylor?

On 12/2/2023 at 7:37 AM, JenE4 said:

“Who are you, Diana Ross?!?” Come on, Shep. I’m a little older than him even, and Diana Ross would not have been the go-to diva top of mind.

Great point - cracking up 😂

• Like 5
On 12/3/2023 at 6:29 AM, bosawks said:

I’m kind of warming to JT.

Maybe I’m just sick of watching tall douches and a short douche seems exotic 🤷‍♀️

I don't get why all the "short guy" jokes are ok. JT can't help his height any more than a person can change how they look. Well, people can have plastic surgery but you can't surgically add 2" to your height. I don't think he's so bad. He's trying too hard to have a part on the show, but he's also doing his "job" of stirring shit and playing along.

On 12/3/2023 at 9:48 AM, Vivigirl10 said:

Whitney's ridiculous behavior was the best part of this boring episode.  Too much of him is too much, but sometimes, you need more!

Oh yes, Paige, the next great fashionista of our time was unable to make the trip.  With her high demand in the realm of haute couture, she just couldn't be pulled away from her next Amazon drop of cheap ass, fugly clothes from China.  

Olivia showed more fun and personality this episode than she has during her entire time on this show combined.  Was she drunk?  Can she drink more of whatever that was at all times moving forward?  Can she give some to Taylor?

Great point - cracking up 😂

Whitney turns out to be the most interesting/entertaining character of the season. I truly would enjoy seeing more of him. He's polished off a lot of his embarrassing behavior and has mostly turned it into self-deprecating sarcasm or pretending (for laughs) that everything is beneath him. 

• Like 4
10 hours ago, RedHawk said:

I don't get why all the "short guy" jokes are ok. JT can't help his height any more than a person can change how they look. Well, people can have plastic surgery but you can't surgically add 2" to your height. I don't think he's so bad. He's trying too hard to have a part on the show, but he's also doing his "job" of stirring shit and playing along.

Whitney turns out to be the most interesting/entertaining character of the season. I truly would enjoy seeing more of him. He's polished off a lot of his embarrassing behavior and has mostly turned it into self-deprecating sarcasm or pretending (for laughs) that everything is beneath him. 

I know that the "short guy" jokes are a little too much. I'm guilty, and I'm short myself, but a female.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, RedHawk said:

I agree that we shouldn’t make fun of someone for a physical attribute that they cannot control. However, JT is proving the Napoleon Complex to be true the way he’s so aggressively calling out all of the guys to show he’s a “better man” in comparison. It annoys me the way he always stands up to make these proclamations, too, to make himself bigger than the others while they are sitting. Now, I know we could point out a million other examples of “average height and up” people also standing up and yelling at people, but there’s just something so disingenuous and performative about JT. I don’t like the guy, and it has nothing to do with his height. Yet, there could be some psychological issues at play that makes him behave this way to overcompensate for his perceived, er, shortcomings.

• Like 3

I’ve said it before, I’ll take JT and his calling out these other douchbags all day long. It’s about time someone does. Don’t care what his reasons behind it may actually be. He ain’t lying with anything he says. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
On 12/31/2023 at 8:41 AM, JenE4 said:

It annoys me the way he always stands up to make these proclamations, too, to make himself bigger than the others while they are sitting.

Shep does the exact same thing all the time and he’s probably the tallest guy in the room. Maybe JT is giving him a taste of his own medicine. 

• Like 2
On 1/6/2024 at 12:27 PM, hottesthw said:

Shep does the exact same thing all the time and he’s probably the tallest guy in the room. Maybe JT is giving him a taste of his own medicine. 

Shep is using his height to bully others. 

• Like 1