Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 11/27/2023

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, Nov. 27 – Chris Evans

Tuesday, Nov. 28 – Mario Lopez (host, “Access Hollywood” and “On With Mario Lopez”)

Wednesday, Nov. 29 – Jennifer Garner (“Family Switch”)

Thursday, Nov. 30 – performance from Seth MacFarlane and Liz Gillies (album, “We Wish You the Merriest”); Brian Stelter (author, “Network of Lies”); “The View” kicks off “12 Days of Holidays”

Friday, Dec. 1 – The Political View with Sen. John Fetterman (D-Pa.); “12 Days of Holidays”

• Thanks 1

Chris Evans is most likely on to promote the Netflix series "Scott Pilgrim Takes Off". He was in the original movie it's based on. He was also Captain America so that will probably come up.

Friday might be interesting since they have discussed Fetterman's clothing and how people should dress for work several times.

Edited by pvandal
On 11/25/2023 at 9:21 AM, cinsays said:

looking forward to Friday.  i had no idea who Chris Evan is and after googling him found that i was unfamiliar with anything he's done.  it said he was the most highly sought actor right now.  huh.

He is one of the superheroes (Captain America?) but, who isnt?

I saw him a few years ago in a movie called “Gifted” and he was great.

He is also considered one of the “Chris’s”

along with Pine, Pratt, and Hemsworth

Whoopi seems to have improved her 'style" recently.  I really like the rasberry colored satin jacket she has on today & yesterday she had on a pretty blue jacket.  She just looks more "alive" when not wearing her unattractive frumpy tops that looked like she just rolled out of bed.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
12 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

They do sometimes pretape some segments. And last week they taped Wednesday's show earlier in the week. I won't be surprised if Fetterman's segment for Friday was taped today.

I realize that some shows near holidays are pretaped. And that some segments are pretaped but Whoopie has been mentioning that the audience looks familiar on random days. It has been happening more and more. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
6 hours ago, js9548 said:

Why is Whoopie mentioning that the audience looks familiar? She has done this several times in the past couple of weeks. These are not pretaped episodes, but this is happening more and more

Could it be that some members of the audience attend regularly if they live in the NYC area? 

• Like 1
On 11/28/2023 at 9:38 AM, BuckeyeLou said:

Whoopi seems to have improved her 'style" recently.  I really like the rasberry colored satin jacket she has on today & yesterday she had on a pretty blue jacket.  She just looks more "alive" when not wearing her unattractive frumpy tops that looked like she just rolled out of bed.

Improved her style and her ATTITUDE..both of which she claimed were "just me," and she wasn't going to change.  Apparently enough complaints...or complaints from some who mattered (to her livelihood) have caused a welcome change.  Have we heard her converstation-stopping, "Here's the thing," lately?

17 hours ago, StaceyNotStacie said:
23 hours ago, js9548 said:

Why is Whoopie mentioning that the audience looks familiar? She has done this several times in the past couple of weeks. These are not pretaped episodes, but this is happening more and more

Could it be that some members of the audience attend regularly if they live in the NYC area? 

They sometimes tape two shows in one day...and her continuing comments are getting BORING.  Why are the ladies at the table required to laugh?

• Like 3

SUNNY HOSTIN proclaimed osteopaths aren't as good as MD's ???  Was there no backlash?  Was she not required to give a legal note of apology?  I don't know about New York laws, but for DECADES MD's and Osteopaths (DO's) worked in the same hospitals, clinics, offices together in California.  Arizona was several years behind, but that's the case here in my state.  Is Sunny getting gossip from her MD husband?  Inquiring mind (mine) wants to know.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Back Atcha said:

Was she not required to give a legal note of apology?

No because her opinion isn’t the same as reading off the teleprompter about criminal allegations. Legal notes are when the person or persons’ PR or legal teams respond to said allegations.

Now if a lot of DOs complain and demand a correction or apology, that’s different.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

SUNNY HOSTIN proclaimed osteopaths aren't as good as MD's ???  Wa

She what? How dare she. I'm a DO. I was the only DO in my residency. I took the same exam as MDs. I work with MDs. I earn the same as MDs and I consult with MDs and they consult with me. Some of the best doctors in the country are DOs. She should stay in her lane which is law. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
On 11/28/2023 at 10:38 AM, BuckeyeLou said:

Whoopi seems to have improved her 'style" recently.

Yes, I was just coming here to say that Whoopi really looked good today.  Her top was cute and colorful.  She didn't have the "rolled out of bed" look we're so used to seeing.  I also like that she now pulls her hair back.  It was so annoying to have her constantly pushing the hair away from her eyes.

• Like 1
On 11/27/2023 at 5:08 PM, Blissfool said:

But seriously, it was a 10 minute ad for the dog food Jinx.

It certainly was! 

8 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Have we heard her converstation-stopping, "Here's the thing," lately?

I have heard a lot of, “Listen…” from Whoopie, which also stops conversation. Reminds me of the old EF Hutton commercials. 😄

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

It doesn't bother me either, it's his brand, but the panel have talked about dressing professionally wrt Fetterman.  I don't recall who disapproved, but I'm thinking it was Sunny.  Maybe Joy.

On 11/29/2023 at 11:30 AM, Back Atcha said:

SUNNY HOSTIN proclaimed osteopaths aren't as good as MD's ??? ...for DECADES MD's and Osteopaths (DO's) worked in the same hospitals, clinics, offices together in California.  ...

Here in the Midwest, osteopaths are paid less than MDs. They apparently have less strenuous training but must pass the same tests for licensing.

3 hours ago, Sue in her 60s said:

They apparently have less strenuous training but must pass the same tests for licensing.

I had the EXACT same training. Actually more because we also had OMT lab twice a week where we practiced osteopathic techniques on each other.  And when I reached residency, I was the only DO in my residency program.

There have been DOs who have done their residencies at Stanford and the Cleveland Clinic and the current physician to the president is a DO.

Edited by rwlevin
Forgot some stuff
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

No Sunny, the governor doesn’t select the candidate to replace Santos.  They’ll have a special election and she plans to announce the date in 10 days.  So Joy’s preferred candidate still has a chance 😄

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
8 hours ago, Sue in her 60s said:

Here in the Midwest, osteopaths are paid less than MDs. They apparently have less strenuous training but must pass the same tests for licensing.

It was like that in Arizona when we moved to San Jose CA in 1964.  I was surprised that they were treated equally there.  It took a few years for Arizona to catch up, but it was at least in the 70s.

1 hour ago, jalady said:

No Sunny, the governor doesn’t select the candidate to replace Santos.  They’ll have a special election and she plans to announce the date in 10 days.  So Joy’s preferred candidate still has a chance 😄

Is Sunny taking STOOPID pills?

And I will now admit until I read it here, I never knew what the initials DO stood for! (Hanging head in shame) Hasan Minaj was giving his fellow Desis who were DOs a hard time in his last special.