Type keyword(s) to search

S32.E08: Whitney Houston Night

• Start Topic

That's probably about the best Harry is ever going to be able to do, which isn't great. He doesn't extend his arms, he's still hunched over, he still walks through the steps. But at least there were some legit steps. 

• Like 8
7 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

What is going on with the sound

I'm glad it wasn't just me! 

1 minute ago, Stats Queen said:

To paraphrase Rylie “Harry has problems dancing”

Heh, my thoughts exactly. I agree, though, that this was one of his better dances - I think it improved as it went on. 

Also, seeing him in that ballet class really highlighted just how tall he is. 

• Like 4

Derek, you definitely blinked because there were several mistakes by Jason. 

The song they opened with “I Have Nothing” just moves me so much every time.  Whitney sang it like no other and with such emotion, and it’s sadly so poignant for Miss Houston.  

• Like 4

I had no idea Alyson had a terrible childhood. She's been acting since she was a little kid. She better get some 9s out of that Contemporary because all she got was praise, and not a single criticism. Plus they are always so lenient with Contemporary. 

All 8s again? Except Billy Porter?? What bullshit.

• Like 15
  • Applause 5
14 minutes ago, chicagofan said:

Agree - bullshit. Only one point higher than Harry from 3 judges.

I wonder if her improvement has interfered with their expected placement for, as comic relief and older and probably the first woman out.   But they forget, she has 2 big fan bases… Buffy and HIMYM fans.  

• Like 8
35 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Love Jason but his singing along while dancing is distracting and takes away from his incredible performances.

I've been saying this from Week One. I'm glad someone finally called him out on the faces and mouthing of the words!

• Like 5

I love Whitney Houston.  I do.  But I do not think her music is a natural fit for ballroom dance and so many of these dances feel like they're being dragged through the song rather than being supported by the song.  

Barry only being 1 point behind Jason is BS.  I love Barry but it irritates me that they're comparing the dances.  It's pretty clear Jason messed up this week in large part because he (and his pro) are dedicated to incorporating a lot of content into the dance.  So when he screwed up, he didn't really have a breathing moment to recover.  Barry's dance was just him posing.  

I'm so happy about Alyson is improving so much.  I think she's a beautiful dancer and I look forward to her dance more than I look forward to some of the leaders. 

• Like 18
  • Useful 1

Barry's dance was wild XD. Jason's still definitely the stronger of the two of them, but holy hell, kudos to Barry for just...going for it :p. 

Alyson was definitely the winner in the first round, so I'm glad the judges went with her. 

4 minutes ago, Door County Cherry said:

I love Whitney Houston.  I do.  But I do not think her music is a natural fit for ballroom dance.

I do agree with this, yeah. 

• Like 6

There is just no way Harry won’t go tonight.  He is just so very, very behind.  I think that’s why the judges were very kind to him at the dance at the top of the night.  He can leave with a good feeling and those positive words, but those judges had to know going into the night that it’s Harry’s time.  I’ve noticed on these competitions that the judges do that — they let the person leave with head held high.   Also, putting him first — same deal — no advantage there.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, MerBearHou said:

There is just no way Harry won’t go tonight.

I feel like they're setting Jason up for the "shocking boot" and I hate it.

It doesn't matter how poorly Harry is scored.  The audience votes have always mattered more.  Lele had a decent lead on Harry and she went home.  

• Like 8
  • Sad 3