Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E02: Home Sweet Drama

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I know they had jobs before housewives but now they’re main job is housewives. Why must we have to endure scenes of them pretending with these businesses?
I’m shocked about Candiace getting radio play. Her songs seem so bland. Dorothy must have thrown some money at someone.   As far as Candiace being too good to perform with Drew she is funny. They both are equally bland. 
Lol about Mia. That seems accurate. I’m surprised she got cast as a housewife in the first place. 

8 hours ago, drivethroo said:

I actually have heard Candiace's songs on the local radio.

Nobody is filling stadiums unless you're Beyonce or Taylor. Small clubs are where she needs to be.  She was opening for Tamar Braxton in the small clubs too.

It came across wrong but she wasn't wrong for not wanting Drew with her because then it comes off as a Real Housewives variety show and not about her.  I'm pretty sure Kandi wouldn't want Drew or Candiace opening for Xscape for the same reasons.

I can't speak for the other shows but on this show, it seems many of the women worked "jobs" before landing their husband. 

• Karen: own/ran a staffing agency
  • Charrisse: teacher (has college degree)
  • Gizelle: events planner (has college degree)
  • Ashley: bartender (has college degree)
  • Monique: Chris' personal assistant  😏
  • Robyn: flitted around from job to job, eventually marketing/pr for Under Armour (has college degree)
  • Candiace: same as Robyn flitting from job to job, interned/worked in Obama Administration, owns/investor in beauty salon (so she will stay paid), hostess at Chris' restaurant (has 2 college degrees)
  • Katie: model (has college degree)
  • Nneka: counsel for fintech firm (has 2 college degrees)
  • Wendy: professor at Johns Hopkins, political commentator (FOUR (4) degrees)
  • Mia: shuffling brochures around the table at The Joint, former steak & lobster waitress

This list is funny to me because Ashley called Candice the least accomplished cast member ...

I think Ashley measures "accomplishment" by how much money the husband brings into the marriage.

Both Ashley and Candiace married older bald white men with kids. Michael's kids, with his first wife,  are just a little younger than Ashley.

In Ashley's eyes, Chris is the one who "married up", not Candiace.

That being said, Candiace has proved to be a hard worker and I hope her music career goes well.

Edited by qtpye
  • Like 5
8 hours ago, qtpye said:

I think Ashley measures "accomplishment" by how much money the husband brings into the marriage.

Both Ashley and Candiace married older bald white men with kids. Michael's kids, with his first wife,  are just a little younger than Ashley.

In Ashley's eyes, Chris is the one who "married up", not Candiace.

That being said, Candiace has proved to be a hard worker and I hope her music career goes well.

Candiace is a hard worker, I’ll give her that.  I do think if she was going to make it big as a singer, it would have happened by now. She’s been pushing the singing on the show for years now. I don’t think Chris is equally yolked  in the hard work department. I’ll be surprised if she has a baby with him.

I agree with you on the Ashley assessment. I noticed she can shit stir when it comes to other people but she is tight lipped when it comes to Michael suing Candiace. She’s gotta keep the Bank of Michael open. 

• Like 3

I wonder if Candiace's label failed to renew her contract. That's the usual reason for no longer being with a label, at least in the early stages of a singing career. She was thrilled when they initially picked her up, and now she's disdainful.

She better keep earning that Bravo money. And show some thanks for anyone who teamed up with her mediocre ass.

• Like 6
11 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

I wonder if Candiace's label failed to renew her contract. That's the usual reason for no longer being with a label, at least in the early stages of a singing career. She was thrilled when they initially picked her up, and now she's disdainful.

She better keep earning that Bravo money. And show some thanks for anyone who teamed up with her mediocre ass.

Amen. I've wondered too if maybe she was let go and doesn't want to say so. Her disdain for Drew is something else, and is a really bad look. I've never had a problem with Candiace's mouth the way others do (if you come for somebody, you don't get to decide how they respond) but I don't like seeing her act so high and mighty. She really thinks she's arrived.

Maybe it's time for a visit from Miss Dorothy to bring Lil Bit back down to earth.

Edited by eXiled
  • Like 5
On 11/14/2023 at 8:10 AM, Chatty Cake said:

Does Wendy still teach at Johns Hopkins?

If I’m not mistaken, JH “distanced” themselves from Wendy early on in her first season. 

On 11/13/2023 at 10:34 PM, Rlb8031 said:

See, I think Wendy is crazy like a fox. Every season she has a storyline - starting a home goods line, opening a restaurant, the talk show. Each story requires her to do 1-2 planning discussions with her husband, 1-2 meetings/site visits/warehouse runs with another HW and perhaps a meetup or two with some investor/advisor/partner every season. That's five or six episodes worth of story arc which usually ends with a "will she pull this off".

The season wraps and Wendy moves on. She hasn't spent any money on any of these items and most importantly, hasn't had to bring HWs shenanigans and tomfoolery to her real job at CNN, MSNBC or on any other cable network that may look down on the green-eyed bandits storming in to have a knock-down, drag out on their set. 

And Wendy lives to throw shade at another reunion. Y'all are thinking checkers, but Wendy's playing chess.

And I find Wendy very “She by Sherre”-esque. She’s very desperate to prove something to someone but keeps missing the mark. 

• Like 4
15 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Candiace is a hard worker, I’ll give her that.  I do think if she was going to make it big as a singer, it would have happened by now. She’s been pushing the singing on the show for years now. I don’t think Chris is equally yolked  in the hard work department. I’ll be surprised if she has a baby with him.

I agree with you on the Ashley assessment. I noticed she can shit stir when it comes to other people but she is tight lipped when it comes to Michael suing Candiace. She’s gotta keep the Bank of Michael open. 

The funny thing is, when the show first started, I liked Ashley, not Candiace.

I thought Ashley was a hustler who was making the best of a bad situation.

Candiace seemed like a spoiled entitled brat.

Now, Ashley just seems desperate and Candiace has turned out to be an okay person, as far as I know.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, qtpye said:

The funny thing is, when the show first started, I liked Ashley, not Candiace.

I thought Ashley was a hustler who was making the best of a bad situation.

Candiace seemed like a spoiled entitled brat.

Now, Ashley just seems desperate and Candiace has turned out to be an okay person, as far as I know.

I'm starting to see a little bit of both -- Mrs. Darby's desperation and Candiace's spoiled messiness. Ashley's Candiace may regret her shady implication that she no longer needs Drew.

As an aside, despite my joking above, y'all know I'm not pro-violence (though I came pretty close to wanting someone to be jumped on Basketball Wives this week -- if you watch, then you know who!) so when I mentioned Miss Dorothy, it was more about seeing Candiace a little more humble, the way she has been in her mother's presence.

But you know what? Now that she's supporting herself, I wouldn't be surprised to see a big change in that dynamic, as well. Candiace is probably a lot less shook now that she can afford to pay her own way.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, retired watcher said:

What the F*** is Ashley up to with Wendy?

Desperately trying to keep her place on the show while her husband pursues his true love... which is most likely Juan.

Maybe we should do a show where Juan decides whether he will give a final rose to Michael or Robyn.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8

Wendy usually has very sweet interactions with her children but she is incredibly unlikeable when thinking she’s all that with her degrees 🙄holding it over what she comes off as feeling are “common uneducated folk.”

seriously who gives a shit🙄 

• Like 4

I got curious about the color yellow and it's significance in the bible per Wendy's request that everyone wear yellow...I found this and now I am very confused why she wanted everyone to wear yellow.

Yellow: The Importance of Colours in the Bible

gants hill urc

https://www.gantshillurc.co.uk › ministers-blog › yello...

Sep 5, 2019 — In paintings of Jesus' disciples, Judas Iscariot is usually depicted wearing yellow, thus the colour has become associated with betrayal, envy, ...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, JohnnyU said:

Wendy usually has very sweet interactions with her children but she is incredibly unlikeable when thinking she’s all that with her degrees 🙄holding it over what she comes off as feeling are “common uneducated folk.”

seriously who gives a shit🙄 

Wendy does, that’s who.

I have a Ph.D., but my wonderful neighbors don’t know about and which my friends are only somewhat aware of. In a business environment, it is sometimes a different story.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I got curious about the color yellow and it's significance in the bible per Wendy's request that everyone wear yellow...I found this and now I am very confused why she wanted everyone to wear yellow.

Yellow: The Importance of Colours in the Bible

gants hill urc

https://www.gantshillurc.co.uk › ministers-blog › yello...

Sep 5, 2019 — In paintings of Jesus' disciples, Judas Iscariot is usually depicted wearing yellow, thus the colour has become associated with betrayal, envy, ...

Interesting!   The colors that stand out to me in the Bible are purple, scarlet and white.   Obviously I’m no expert.   Maybe Wendy’s 4 degrees have some inside scoop us commoners don’t know about yellow having ultra significance 🙄🙄

• Like 2

Hold up! Not Mia, telling Karen “I don’t drink anymore! I do drink wine, because you can get that at the grocery store. So it’s {and then I missed the word}.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 4
6 minutes ago, DrSparkles said:

Hold up! Not Mia, telling Karen “I don’t drink anymore! I do drink wine, because you can get that at the grocery store. So it’s {and then I missed the word}.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Bullshit. the missing word is "Bullshit." 

I think Mia is doing damage control so G does not try to get full custody of the kids, if he has full custody she will not get child support and that girl wants the money...she is trying to clean up her act so G does not try the drunk mother angle.  She might wind up with shared custody and if so, no child support and shared expenses for sure.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3