Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: Parth Ferengi's Heart Place

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, johntfs said:

If Starfleet admirals aren't evil, they're dumb. 

Oh, it's all just sign on the line, no problems. What a naïve moron. Did he know anything about the Ferengi? They didn't mention his name in the episode, but I think it was Admiral Vassery from season 1. 

Thank goodness for Captain Freeman to save the day (and a good part of the Federation). At least her husband seems like one of the few good ones in StarFleet. 

I missed T'Lyn in this episode. She might have known that the Vulcan team easily beat the Grand Negus and the Niners. Her take on the ball game would have been interesting to hear. Maybe she could have helped Mariner with her struggles too or dragged Boimler away from the addictive TV.  

Edited by DrScottie
  • Like 1

Ferengi tv actually looks better than some stuff on basic cable these days.  Some of those show Boimler was watching looks weirdly entertaining.

I don't ship Rutherford and Tendi as a couple so I really enjoyed them in this.  I liked that it didn't go the easy way of them realizing that they really were in love with each other but instead just have friendship chemistry that is vague.  

the Ferengi homeworld is like vegas on steroids.  

• Like 3

Really enjoyed this episode. Boimler getting sucked into Landlord Cops was hilarious! I also loved Mariner and her Ferengi bestie (Quimp?) He gave her some good advice!

Tendi and Rutherford were so fun in this. I loved their quick thinking to get out of the Ferengi resort. 

And what a delight to have Max Grodénchik and Chase Masterson reprising their roles as Rom and Leeta. Leeta really has embraced the Ferengi philosophy 😁

I did miss T'Lyn and Shax.

Edited by wanderingstar
  • Like 3

Tendi and Rutherford worked well because they clearly could be a couple but right now they're both too comfortable as friends to take that extra steps.  Also, Rutherford looked good in his "Lover's suit" and Tendi was Day-um! in that evening dress.

It's not listed on IMDB yet but I think Quimp was the guy Mariner got to pretend to rob Boimler back on episode 2 of the first season.

Edited by johntfs
  • Like 2

The mystery ship strikes again!

Mariner's line about the Ferengi homeworld was hilarious, and I also love Ransom saying that the Cerritos is "the horniest and least romantically committed crew in Starfleet."

Tendi and Rutherford's awkward fake dating adventure was fun. They clearly are attracted to each other and have chemistry, but also happy to be friends for now.

I love Boimler getting sucked into Ferengi soap operas. That's certainly one way to relax.

Good job, Freeman. She beat the Ferengi at their own game. Always read the fine print!

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, QuantumMechanic said:

So what’s the title a reference to? 

According to Memory Alpha, it derives from the name of the British comedy horror miniseries Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. Never heard of it. 

2 hours ago, phalange said:

Always read the fine print!

Eighth rule of Acquisition FTW: "Small print equals large risk."

i really am enjoying this show alot.

I wonder if Marnier's reluctance for a promo comes from her mother.  Freedman seems more than capable to be an Admiral or even command a ship better than California class (as we saw in her negotiation skills with the Ferengi).

Good on Tendi and Rutherford find a way out of getting in trouble for posing as newlyweds.

T'Lyn was missed but it was nice to see Rom and Leeta again.

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, greekmom said:

i really am enjoying this show alot.

I wonder if Marnier's reluctance for a promo comes from her mother.  Freedman seems more than capable to be an Admiral or even command a ship better than California class (as we saw in her negotiation skills with the Ferengi).

Good on Tendi and Rutherford find a way out of getting in trouble for posing as newlyweds.

T'Lyn was missed but it was nice to see Rom and Leeta again.

Over and over, starting with Kirk, we see that Admiral is probably not something a star ship captain aspires to, since Admiral appears to be mostly a desk job. I think it is a similarity with Mariner, though, since Captain Freeman seems to like having her funky little ship, her way.

Rom is a good Grand Nagus, isn't he?

On 12/26/2023 at 5:52 AM, aemom said:

It was the Toronto. 

Since Parliament-class starships seem to be named after Canadian cities (the other one we have seen was the USS Vancouver), I am looking forward to the inevitable arrival of the USS Moose Jaw, the USS Regina (rhymes with fun!) and the USS Skookumchuck.

• LOL 3
(edited)

And the USS Come By Chance.

The USS Montreal has a nice ring to it. I do like your choice of Canadian Indigenous place names. Here’s to the USS Head Smashed in Buffalo Jump, the best name for a place ever.

Edited by marinw