Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Love Island

• Start Topic

Why am I still watching this? At least there was no Alex.  But the time spent on Laura and Bradley was so excruciating, any of that  “good” vibe was swallowed up by the black hole that is Bradley Jackson.

At least Jon Hamm was on screen for a bit.

• Like 3

Geez, do we really have to go THERE? Revisiting and reliving those dark moments? It’s too raw.

The show deliberately gives us a Mia/Andre backstory so that we care. They’re going to kill him, won’t they?

Too much times spent on Laura/Bradley. Why there’s no flashback about what happened between Alex/Chip?

Both Laura and Bradley are a**holes!

“Your mother was a piece of sh!t. You’re the first person to tell everyone about it.” 

💥💥💥

Bradley using Cory as her fixer. Every  time. She needs to stop babying Hal. They must know that giving false statement to FBI is a felony. What if the hackers manage to recover the deleted footage? It was initially on her cloud.

It’s funny that Bradley has to mention out loud that she’s a bi. The Cory/Bradley endgame is coming huh.

I actually like seeing Cory with Dr. Maura Isles. Err, I mean Salma. They’re like two peas in a pod - using each other, transactional. She did put Paul Marks on his radar. He could at least return the favor by giving back her Cartier bracelet.

That front door of Cory’s swanky new Hamptons house IS a character on its own. 😆

I hope we get to see Stella’s ex-collegemate/workmate, Kate again. With more juicy bits on Paul Marks, of course.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Did we know that Bradley and Laura were openly a couple? And that they were hosting The Morning Show from their love nest?

I'd like to believe that the morning news viewers of America would be okay with that, but I'm guessing a lot of them would be turned off. (And even the gay-friendly viewers would probably be turned off by their complete lack of chemistry.)

As harsh as Laura was, she was right about Bradley's mother. And I don't say that because of her mother's beliefs on COVID or her political beliefs. The woman was just a toxic nightmare. (As is Hal.)

Also, Bradley was way too touchy about her background. "The educational system in this country is in trouble" wasn't a slam against West Virginia. That argument had a lot more to do with Bradley's insecurities than anything else.

• Like 3

I find it ever harder to believe that Bradley Jackson is the voice that Red America will listen to.

I actually felt for Cory in this episode. On the toxic island that is UBA, Bradley is the most toxic of them all

• Like 2

I really liked Cory with the realtor. Shasha Alexander will always be Pacey's sister to me.

As much as I HATE Bradley's family, I can understand her. It is her family. It's atricky thing. 

I know it's an unpopulat opinion here, but I like this show for what it it. I thought this episode was really well done. I'd love to see what happened with Alex and Chip.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, akiss said:

I know it's an unpopulat opinion here, but I like this show for what it it. I thought this episode was really well done. I'd love to see what happened with Alex and Chip.

I do think this season is better than last season, and I also find Alex an interesting character.

Can't say the same for Bradley, though, or her thoroughly unconvincing queerness. And the brother coincidence was outlandish even for this show.

• Like 4
On 10/5/2023 at 12:43 AM, Blakeston said:

Did we know that Bradley and Laura were openly a couple? And that they were hosting The Morning Show from their love nest?

That was weird. I mean even in the middle of the pandemic it seems like a same sex couple hosting a morning news show together from their living room would be a huge deal. But they kind of glossed over it, even though for the audience who was ok with it, there would be a ton of talk. Everything would be analyzed through looking at how the relationship is going (every look or joke or comment). Especially since like Corey said, there was nothing else on, so that would be something for people to talk about.

Plus  if Alex is waking up at 3am when she was hosting TMS I guess Laura and Bradley are starting their days sometime around 1am. How do you adjust your lives around that and still be able to play charades with your friends and do stuff. That would have been interesting to see them deal with.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Plus  if Alex is waking up at 3am when she was hosting TMS I guess Laura and Bradley are starting their days sometime around 1am. How do you adjust your lives around that and still be able to play charades with your friends and do stuff. That would have been interesting to see them deal with.

The show has always been kind of all over the place in how the characters manage to balance their lives with the reality they have to be up at 3:30 in the morning and likely have to go to bed around 7 or 8 to make it work.  We see them attending events at night, and no real mention is really made as to how they are not zombies the next day.

Though in fairness to Laura and Bradley, with the remote studio in the house, they may not wake up until 3 so they can prep for the day and be ready to go at 5 (Montana is the Mountain Time Zone, right?)    

I do agree though that I think a same sex couple hosting a network morning show would probably be big news.  Certainly, you'd get a lot of celebrity profile type stories and the like.  

I also wonder if the deleted video is going to blow up on Bradley at some point.  I'm honestly surprised her brother didn't show up in other videotapes of the day.  

• Like 2
22 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

Though in fairness to Laura and Bradley, with the remote studio in the house, they may not wake up until 3 so they can prep for the day and be ready to go at 5 (Montana is the Mountain Time Zone, right?)    

I am now super curious about this. Because sure you would save time by not having to commute to the studio. But at the same time Laura and Bradley are now their own support people. So like Bradley said she has to do her own hair/makeup and make her own coffee. And they have to set up and maintain their cameras. To at least some degree you would be your own IT support. Plus you know if Mia or Stella wants a meeting at 530 eastern time they aren't going to care if that's 330 for you. Plus ever real meeting or chat becomes a zoom or teams call/meeting which always takes way longer. Now I wish this part of the story had been a whole episode 

22 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I also wonder if the deleted video is going to blow up on Bradley at some point.  I'm honestly surprised her brother didn't show up in other videotapes of the day.  

This has the potential to be really stupid. Even if no one finds Bradley's footage there is a ton of other footage of that event. Plus even without that, the brother said he went with his friends. If the FBI picks one of the up you know they are going to rat him out to save a bit of prison time. And even if there is no video that ever gets released, if the public finds out that Bradley's brother was a Jan 6 rioter and she never mentioned it, that should seriously hurt her career.

Edited by Kel Varnsen
5 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

And even if there is no video that ever gets released, if the public finds out that Bradley's brother was a Jan 6 rioter and she never mentioned it, that should seriously hurt her career.

I would think it would end her career if people found out she is covering up for her brother.  And if everything she did was found out, i.e. having him destroy his phone, instructing him to avoid contacting her or leaving any kind of record, destroying evidence of his crime, she could be in serious legal trouble.   

• Like 1
1 hour ago, txhorns79 said:

I would think it would end her career if people found out she is covering up for her brother.  And if everything she did was found out, i.e. having him destroy his phone, instructing him to avoid contacting her or leaving any kind of record, destroying evidence of his crime, she could be in serious legal trouble.   

That is why I am wondering where this goes. Because yea even if she didn't get him on camera the rest of what she did should absolutely be a career killer. I kind of think that even if she wasn't there and she found out he was and either didn't come forward or tried to keep it quiet that would probably kill her career as nightly news anchor. And with so many ways that this comes out, how do you keep Bradley's character as part of the show?

• Like 1
On 10/5/2023 at 4:12 PM, pasdetrois said:

Wretched episode. Not even snarkworthy. I turned it off without finishing it.

Sad but I agree entirely. When I finished it was what did I just watch and more importantly why did I bother? There was absolutely no point at all. 

I don’t even know what this show is anymore. It just seems like a bunch of bs thrown together. Why did we have to go back to the 2020s? No thanks. I lived that shit and this just seems like a bunch of rich fucks wrote these storylines thinking they are really doing something important. Bunch of garbage.

Whoever Cory was dating was a horrible actress.

I’ve never bought into the whole Cory and Bradley relationship. 

How did Mia meet this Andre guy? Did I miss something?

Of course Bradley sees her brother. Lame.

Bradley’s brother is having a baby so he decides hey let’s do a quick trip to DC for a riot. Her brother is annoying it’s always something and just how he acts bugs me. He’s such a sad sack idiot.

• Like 1