Type keyword(s) to search

Special Forces: World's Toughest Test - General Discussion

• Start Topic

56 minutes ago, LakeGal said:

I really wanted to know if the Special Forces guys succeeded the first time they had to do that challenge.  

My understanding is that the vast majority of applicants for special forces including SEALS, Rangers, SAS wash out, often with a single failure.   Of course, to get to that level, they’ve succeeded in the regular forces, so they would be very fit with some experience.   

• Like 2
On 11/7/2023 at 6:37 AM, DEL901 said:

And JoJo continues to surprise…when Nick was too gassed out to continue, she carried Sandoval the rest of the way.  

That was impressive, almost more impressive was the matter-of-fact way she did it.

• Like 11

Last episode JoJo indicated they had been there 5 days and had two left, so it is only a week-long course. The non-celebrity versions are longer. 

In all versions, the DS are pretty hard core until the end, or until someone they actually respect taps out. I'm sure they work extra hard to break down the celebrities, feeling like many see it as a game or paycheck or another chance to be on TV. Maybe they could instill the discipline and push them to find their inner strength through positive encouragement, but this seems to be the military way. The most real of all these types of shows I've seen is when a very young Bear Grylls joined the Foreign Legion. Wow, they beat the shit out of those guys.  

I don't think Billie makes as good of a leader as Ant. Billie just yells at them, whereas at least Ant sometimes yelled psychologically strategic or motivational things (between profanities). 🤣

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

One thing I always hate about reality shows is the message / visit from home.  Those are quick fast forwards for me.

I was surprised to see Bode drop out although it does look like he was hurt.  However, he probably should have let JoJo take the sled for a bit instead of insisting on doing almost all of it himself.  By the time they switched, it was a little too late.  JoJo should have taken it on the flatter areas and then let Bode handle the climbing with it.

Kinda crappy that the teams were going to get "captured" whether or not they made it to the extraction point.

One question about the compass when JoJo asked if you have to hold it parallel to the ground or upright, and Staff told her either way.  Is that right?  I didn't think a compass worked if you held it upright.

Staff's current rankings were a little surprising with Erin and JoJo at 2 and 3 but that actually seems about right.

• Like 3

I feel like the editing is telegraphing a Sandoval exit. Not sure what basis the "Staff" were using to evaluate the videos from home but they were oddly critical of his.

Unlike the others who remain, they don't seem to like him much so guessing they go in hard during the interrogation. If he goes and the rest make it , I'll be happy.

Erin is a badass and surprisingly JoJo won me over. I like Nick Viall. Tyler seems a little douchy but has kept reasonably quiet and done well. Sad to see Bode leave but as a skier, I'm sure he's had his fair share of groin injuries. 

• Like 5

I was very surprised that JoJo quit.  She seemed to me to be the most determined of all of them.  She would have been the most satisfying winner.  The other three all had their ups and downs. Erin may have had the most mental toughness, but she failed a bunch of tasks, and didn't show much leadership, as they said.  Nick was invisible for the first 4 or 5 episodes.  Tyler seemed to have the most growth along the way, so I guess I find him the most satisfying of the three.  I give them all a lot of credit for making it to the end, though.

• Like 5
6 hours ago, paul4295 said:

I was very surprised that JoJo quit.  She seemed to me to be the most determined of all of them.  She would have been the most satisfying winner.  The other three all had their ups and downs. Erin may have had the most mental toughness, but she failed a bunch of tasks, and didn't show much leadership, as they said.  Nick was invisible for the first 4 or 5 episodes.  Tyler seemed to have the most growth along the way, so I guess I find him the most satisfying of the three.  I give them all a lot of credit for making it to the end, though.

I was surprised by JoJo quitting too.  But she is young, and as they said, she’d never been away from her family for more three days, so she did really well.  

Agree, props to all three who finished.  That last test was brutal.  

• Like 6

Bummed that JoJo quit but hours of loud noises (babies crying - yikes!) standing uncomfortably in the cold will test anyone's resolve. Impressed that she got as far as she did.

Loved that they booted Sandoval. 

I learned something in that I always thought the goal of interrogation was to NOT reveal anything. I had no idea that soldiers were supposed to share info to protect their safety.

Good on Nick, Erin and Tyler. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, snarts said:

I learned something in that I always thought the goal of interrogation was to NOT reveal anything. I had no idea that soldiers were supposed to share info to protect their safety.

Yes, though I seem to remember that was the same case in the first season.

And yes, figured Sandoval would get booted but give JoJo credit for lasting as long as she did.  The babies crying was, ugh!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, milkyaqua said:

Yes, though I seem to remember that was the same case in the first season.

And yes, figured Sandoval would get booted but give JoJo credit for lasting as long as she did.  The babies crying was, ugh!

I remember a couple of episodes ago, Nick couldn’t carry Sandoval any further and JoJo put him over her shoulder and carried him the rest of the way.  Pretty impressive.  

• Like 3

I really enjoyed this show!  I wish they'd done 10 episodes like last season, though.  I'm afraid the ratings haven't been too good.

I've got to hand it to the producers of "The Bachelor"/"The Bachelorette" for their casting of beautiful-yet-tough-as-nails contestants, though.  In the 2 seasons of "Special Forces", there have been 3 alumni of these dating shows here and ALL 3 have won this show!  Who knew the Fantasy Suite provided such first-class workouts!

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
11 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I was surprised by JoJo quitting too.  But she is young, and as they said, she’d never been away from her family for more three days, so she did really well.  

Agree, props to all three who finished.  That last test was brutal.  

I don’t think the three day story is true.  Her mother took her away from her father at a very young  age to go on dance moms.   And I hope her mother isn’t still following her on all her jobs. 

• Useful 1

Congratulations to Tyler, Nick and Erin for making it through the competition! Three for three for the Bachelor franchise. Now let's put Demi on there. She would make the interrogators run away screaming.

I think the baby crying got under Jojo's skin. I could see it getting under mine and me asking the interrogators if the baby was OK.

• Like 2

I still think Jojo leaving is a little odd.  She endured so much and she knew they were almost done.  Plus she had it less worse than the others like Tyler that had his head shoved in the cold water.  It just didn’t add up with the other things she dealt with so well.  

• Like 4
10 hours ago, jabRI said:

Why did they boot Sandoval? i was getting to at least respect him.  They didn't like his one word answers?

It seemed like they were annoyed that they thought he was faking being cold and that he was complaining too much. I thought it was strange and unfair that they booted him.

I wonder if the contestants have watched the previous season. Then they'll know that the trick to the final task is to finally give in and tell the truth. Unless the staff tell them that ahead of time. Doesn't seem like a very obvious thing otherwise.

• Like 2