Type keyword(s) to search

S45.E01: We Can Do Hard Things LIVE CHAT

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Just now, LadyChatts said:

I'm still in her camp, and in her defense, in previous seasons sometimes contestants took an advantage for themselves over getting something for their tribe.  So I can't blame her for thinking that.  She just needs to remember to not say the quiet parts out loud.

I think she's coming off way too strong. Don't IMMEDIATELY start telling people "oh, they FOR SURE took the reward" when the two are still coming in on the boat. Talk to them first, analyze the situation, reflect, keep that thought in your head and then voice it LATER.

• Like 10
Just now, Lady Calypso said:

I think she's coming off way too strong. Don't IMMEDIATELY start telling people "oh, they FOR SURE took the reward" when the two are still coming in on the boat. Talk to them first, analyze the situation, reflect, keep that thought in your head and then voice it LATER.

I think she thinks she was smart for not volunteering to do that challenge, so therefore her tribe will think she's got their best interest at heart and not hiding anything from them.  I don't know what she's thinking, unless she feels it's creating paranoia, but she doesn't have a good read.  I think right now, if they lose, someone would have to screw up pretty bad to take the target off her back.  

• Like 2

Now, I'm critical of Emily but I get her thought process. She's not even wrong in considering it and not wanting to believe Kaleb or Sabiyah coming back with nothing.

But this is a sign that Emily's gonna crumble in the game if she can't get her paranoia in check. This behaviour is what makes people go early, because they start overthinking, start talking too much and, thus, get on people's nerves when they have a tribemate who can't trust anything or anyone. And if there's no trust, why would you keep said tribemate?

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Reba, Lulu and Bella? I like these music themed names. 
Man, if you can’t get up a ladder, I’d be worried for other physical challenges. 

I'm going to remember the tribe colors by the first letters of the names...so Reba=Red, Bela=Blue, and Lulu= Lellow 😁

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 12

Kendra has hopes that because she and her female tribe members have September birthdays that makes them kindred spirits of a female alliance.

They want to target Jake because he's a lawyer.  Okay, so I guess for someone people a profession matters.  I still fail to see the big deal.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
2 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

She just needs to remember to not say the quiet parts out loud.

And that's where the confrontational part of my comment comes from. She could have saved that comment about what Bruce said to her tribe when they were alone. Sort of, "yeah I'm not buying that no advantage spiel." And some would have likely agreed with her. 

Instead she loudly calls the guy out, not really knowing much about him and let's face it, he really did leave before doing anything. He didn't even make it to the first Immunity Challenge. And 

• Like 2
Just now, LadyChatts said:

Kendra has hopes that because she and her female tribe members have September birthdays that makes them kindred spirits of a female alliance.

They want to target Jake because he's a lawyer.  Okay, so I guess for someone people a profession matters.  I still fail to see the big deal.

They may want to rethink their target, as their tribe doesn't look TOO strong, especially against Bella/Bello/whatever the Blue tribe name is. 

• Like 1

Well now I feel a little bad for 'ol Emily, who apparently is also just awkward asf. Her being on the chopping block is being too heavily telegraphed so I doubt she's the first one out. 

eta: And of course everyone knows "stealth" dude is obviously looking for an idol or an advantage.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

My prediction — Hold up the bottom half of the page to the symbols on the flag.  Move it around until you see words form.  Flag has the top half of words.  

I actually felt like he might be able to figure it out if he analyzed the cut off letters he had.  The first word looked like Dig, which is obvious.  If he could figure out some of the rest of the words he might get it.

• Like 3

Oh, and here we go!

Climb up something, slide into mud, toss something somewhere, climb BACK up something, then solve a puzzle!

HOW ORIGINAL!

Why screw with what (Probst thinks) works?

• LOL 1

Oh, and here we go!

Climb up something, slide into mud, toss something somewhere, climb BACK up something, then solve a puzzle!

HOW ORIGINAL!

Wonder if anyone built this challenge in their backyard to practice on.

At the very least, you need to have a coconut court in your yard to practice shooting if you plan on doing Survivor.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
Just now, truthaboutluv said:

Was just thinking the same. This actually hasn't felt like a supersized episode. 

I don't know whether that's a good thing (that they seem to be at a good pace for a 90 minute episode) or a bad thing (emphasizing how bad the modern edit has been).

I don't know whether that's a good thing (that they seem to be at a good pace for a 90 minute episode) or a bad thing (emphasizing how bad the modern edit has been).

Future episodes might be more telling.  The premiere always hits a little different, as there's more to pack in.  Next episode everyone is more settled, there will of course be the aftermath of TC, challenges, but more down time, too.    

I wonder if "Lulu's in dead last" will be the theme of the season.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3