Type keyword(s) to search

Alyssa Farah Griffin

falltime
  • Start Topic

I do not share AFG's political leanings, but I find her to be a good addition to the panel. After one year I like that she states her opinion and holds her ground without being obnoxious (unlike MM). Nor has she pouted or hung her head at the poor treatment by Sunny especially. She knows that she is the new girl and acts accordingly. I hope that she will slowly and judiciously assert her presence more in this second season. She owns her position. She deploys her toothy smile. She is intelligent and well-spoken, not full of malapropisms (like "desperacy" from EH. Sheesh!) She is amusing and lighthearted when appropriate. I very much regret that she was a willing part of the DJT administration. She will carry this sin all of her life. But I still want to extract the best of what this flawed person has to offer vs. kicking her to the curb.

I welcome a calm, well-informed exchange with others of different political views. I do not want everyone on the panel to be in lockstep. Thus I am glad that AFG has a place at the table. While I do not "go to their church," I would welcome even another Republican/conservative pleasant, well-spoken, well-informed voice at the table. Ana is a lovable conservative and very funny and intelligent, but she does not really explain the roots of conservative perspectives to my satisfaction. Perhaps a woman of accomplishment who is somewhat older -- a Sandra Day O'Connor type. Or a Republican businesswoman -- a Georgette Mossbacher type. Or perhaps an outspoken, intelligent, accomplished non-wealthy immigrant woman (a hijab-wearing Muslim) with conservative views.

On a shallow note, I find AFG's personal taste and the View's stylists to be on point. AFG is almost always well-dressed, well-coiffed, and well-maquillaged to suit her figure and coloring.  Her personal style is very attractive.

• Like 13
2 hours ago, FaginZorro said:

I do not share AFG's political leanings, but I find her to be a good addition to the panel. After one year I like that she states her opinion and holds her ground without being obnoxious (unlike MM). Nor has she pouted or hung her head at the poor treatment by Sunny especially. She knows that she is the new girl and acts accordingly. I hope that she will slowly and judiciously assert her presence more in this second season. She owns her position. She deploys her toothy smile. She is intelligent and well-spoken, not full of malapropisms (like "desperacy" from EH. Sheesh!) She is amusing and lighthearted when appropriate. I very much regret that she was a willing part of the DJT administration. She will carry this sin all of her life. But I still want to extract the best of what this flawed person has to offer vs. kicking her to the curb.

I welcome a calm, well-informed exchange with others of different political views. I do not want everyone on the panel to be in lockstep. Thus I am glad that AFG has a place at the table. While I do not "go to their church," I would welcome even another Republican/conservative pleasant, well-spoken, well-informed voice at the table. Ana is a lovable conservative and very funny and intelligent, but she does not really explain the roots of conservative perspectives to my satisfaction. Perhaps a woman of accomplishment who is somewhat older -- a Sandra Day O'Connor type. Or a Republican businesswoman -- a Georgette Mossbacher type. Or perhaps an outspoken, intelligent, accomplished non-wealthy immigrant woman (a hijab-wearing Muslim) with conservative views.

On a shallow note, I find AFG's personal taste and the View's stylists to be on point. AFG is almost always well-dressed, well-coiffed, and well-maquillaged to suit her figure and coloring.  Her personal style is very attractive.

maquillaged? had to look that one up

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I like her. She isn't a thing like Elisabeth, or Meghan. Or like Jed, or Cameron  or Abby.

I think she is fun, and states her case even if I don't agree. Unlike Sunny always pouting and not giving an inch about her perfect life and "friends."

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Cassidy Hutchinson was on Nicolle’s show yesterday and had lots of glowing things to say about Alyssa. She said she greatly admires Alyssa for leaving the admin when she did, altho at first she was angry about it, and considers her very brave. This was one thing that led Cassidy to testify, wanting to be like Alyssa. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 9/1/2023 at 1:49 PM, Shrek said:

"All legs no substance" or "when I was on the White House staff"....................................

lol Alyssa does have the best legs! I have long, slender legs like her, but she makes me want to work out and tan. 

I do actually really like Alyssa. I find her to be one of the nicest hosts they've had on the show. I've actually even felt bad for the way she's been spoken to at times. I knew I'd like her more than MM, but I didn't expect that to happen. 

• Like 6

Wannabee Housewife? 

On 11/23/2023 at 10:00 AM, RealHousewife said:

lol Alyssa does have the best legs! I have long, slender legs like her, but she makes me want to work out and tan. 

I do actually really like Alyssa. I find her to be one of the nicest hosts they've had on the show. I've actually even felt bad for the way she's been spoken to at times. I knew I'd like her more than MM, but I didn't expect that to happen. 

Yes but the maturity level shows through. Alyssa didn't cry and cop an attitude etc she handled it like an adult.  I think at first they were testing her to see if she could handle the big leagues. i think she did. 

• Like 6

There's a NYT article about Alyssa.  Alyssa talked about it on today's Behind the Table podcast and she seems pleased with it.  I can't read it because it's behind a paywall.  Could anyone tell me if there are any interesting behind-the-scenes stuff and maybe summarize it?  One thing Alyssa did talk about was the co-hosts being supportive and Joy telling the reporter to be nice to Alyssa.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/09/style/alyssa-farah-griffin-trump-cnn.html#:~:text=After breaking with her onetime,“The View” and CNN.&text=Now and then during an,of a hero to Democrats.

• Like 1

Thank you @HerkyJerky.  I don't think I ever liked any of the conservative co hosts.  I'm not sure I even tolerated any of them.  But Alyssa doesn't bother me.  And one big reason why is she plays well with others.  I don't agree with a lot of what she says regarding policy but overall she is nice to watch.  

• Like 4

I don't like Alyssa for reasons that were touched on in the article about what a fake opportunist she is. But still, I'd rather take a phony like her over her rude, screeching predecessor any day.

• Like 1