Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: Mistrust, She Wrote

• Start Topic

Mary's lack of trust has Brandan questioning everything; Holly sees a new side of Wayne; Daniele and Yohan take a big step toward building their family; Shekinah's friends worry about her track record as she prepares to move to Turkey for Sarper.

Air date: 8/28/2023

Edited by TwirlyGirly
  • Like 1

This Mary/Brandon relationship is breaking my heart. That poor boy has been through the ringer via his parents. His gut we've and brain tell him the way Mary is treating him isn't right but his little fragile heart won't let him walk away. These are the stories that break my heart. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 4
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, MamaGee said:

This Mary/Brandon relationship is breaking my heart. That poor boy has been through the wringer via his parents. His gut we've and brain tell him the way Mary is treating him isn't right but his little fragile heart won't let him walk away. These are the stories that break my heart. 

Yeah I feel for Brandon. Mary has been through it too, but it looks like her grandparents were a loving constant for her, compared to Brandon who didn’t have any sort of stability. I can only sympathize with him wanting stability in a romantic relationship- but Mary isn’t the one with the way she is treating him. 

This storyline with Danielle and Yohan is ridiculous- she doesn’t have money for egg donation, they don’t have stable jobs, they are always fighting etc. The only honest thing is “do we want to bring a child into this”, NO. 

I think Shekinah wants to promote her social media, Sarper might be a guy she’s talking to but I highly doubt she intends to live in Turkey for him. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, Fable said:

What kind of Amish name is Shekina?  🤔

They aren’t really Amish.  They had Amish friends so they imitated the lifestyle for a while.

1 hour ago, anoninrva said:

There is no such thing as the Amish lifestyle.  Go figure she grew up to be a professional cosplayer.

Their idea of it was long hair and no makeup for the daughters.  Wonder if they also gave up cars and other modern appliances.  Hadn’t really thought of Tennessee as Amish country.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

They aren’t really Amish.  They had Amish friends so they imitated the lifestyle for a while.

Their idea of it was long hair and no makeup for the daughters.  Wonder if they also gave up cars and other modern appliances.  Hadn’t really thought of Tennessee as Amish country.

Mrs. Anon was wondering why there were all those pictures of the children if they were Amish.  It sounds like they were aesthetically Amish, but not remotely Mennonite.  Not that this show *normally* focuses much on religion, go figure, it just made her look a lot more vapid to me.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

But, is that even a pretend Amish name?  If you're gonna pretend, why not Mary, Ruth, Elizabeth or something?  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Shekina (or Shekinah) is an old Hebrew name meaning God’s Manifested Glory or God’s Presence.

I don’t know if it’s used in the Bible. If it is, it could be an Amish name. As pointed out though, she was named before her family played dress up Amish.

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
2 hours ago, Gobi said:

Shekina (or Shekinah) is an old Hebrew name meaning God’s Manifested Glory or God’s Presence.

I don’t know if it’s used in the Bible. If it is, it could be an Amish name. As pointed out though, she was named before her family played dress up Amish.

Wait, I missed that.... she was Amish? 

Just now, libgirl2 said:

Wait, I missed that.... she was Amish? 

No she wasn't and she never said she was. 

She said that she grew up living an Amish lifestyle not that she grew up Amish, which means something different, nobody knows what exactly though. 

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Thanks 1

Brandon is not the problem. He needs a few years of therapy himself. She  is drama queen and he needs to get as far away from her as he can get!

Edited by Kid
  • Like 9
  • Applause 1

These people. Mary even cries like a toddler. She won't throw him a bone and say she'll trust him. Hysteria or not, she knows he's stuck, and she wants to establish now that he doesn't get to have any expectations for HER whatsoever.

The scene with Shekina and her French ex was obviously staged, but I can believe that she chooses controlling, abusive men. Yep, that tracks. Apparently she and her friends single-handedly keep LA's plastic surgeons in business. Or maybe just the tacky ones.

Holly was walking the streets of Johannesburg BAREFOOT? How is that even a thing? And then she's like, maybe I should wear shoes, I could step on a needle. YA THINK?

• Like 8
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, Kid said:

Brandon is not the problem. He needs a few years of therapy himself. She  is drama queen and he needs to get as far away from her as he can get!

I don’t want people to leave me but I push them away with my psychotic behavior!

Just now, IvySpice said:

She won't throw him a bone and say she'll trust him

She’ll work on it. That’s what cheaters say and how does that work out?

1 minute ago, IvySpice said:

Apparently she and her friends single-handedly keep LA's plastic surgeons in business. Or maybe just the tacky ones.

I would think if companies want to stack their events with hot eye candy they aren’t looking for her and her middle-aged friends.

• Like 5
  • Fire 2
19 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I would think if companies want to stack their events with hot eye candy they aren’t looking for her and her middle-aged friends.

I would concede that she looks like what I'd envision as LA glamorous, and her friends aren't too far behind.  You can't have a club entirely full of women or you won't make any money!

• Like 2
On 8/29/2023 at 4:02 PM, suzeecat said:

Shanika (sp?) has a history of picking the wrong guy, Sarper has a history of bedding thousands of women.  What could possibly go wrong?  LOL!!!

I know right. It’s a old fashioned love story!

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Maybe they were ridiculous shoes you can’t run in.

On Holly, I can't imagine!  

I don't dislike Wayne, although I wouldn't go so far as to say I like him, but Holly on the other hand, she grates every nerve in body!  Her hair, her affect, her clothes, but most of all her voice...God I hate that voice!  

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
11 hours ago, Fable said:

I don't dislike Wayne, although I wouldn't go so far as to say I like him

Same. He seems like an average, hard working guy who just wants a normal life with a wife and dog and his own business. Why he needs to settle for this space cadet with nasty hair, I have no idea, but there must be something. He mentioned an ex wife---shocked she hasn't popped up on social media commenting on this mess. Exes tend to love to do that lol

• Like 6

Obviously, Shekina's French friend is just that, friend zoned.  He's not her type-too plain, too "regular", pleasant but no wow! He'll find someone who isn't settling and who loves him for himself.

I suspect Shekina and her boyfriend Sarper both go for outward beauty and perfect physique, etc.,  not the character.  I hope it works well for them.

On 9/1/2023 at 8:00 AM, Stuckathome said:

Same. He seems like an average, hard working guy who just wants a normal life with a wife and dog and his own business. Why he needs to settle for this space cadet with nasty hair, I have no idea, but there must be something. He mentioned an ex wife---shocked she hasn't popped up on social media commenting on this mess. Exes tend to love to do that lol

Maybe they have kids together and are looking out for them. I don’t know just speculating. 

Im not in love with Wayne but I too vastly prefer him to Holly. 

• Like 2

Why do women use filler on their lips so they look like a blowup sex doll? It is not attractive. Of course, I'm not a man fantasizing about a blow job. The woman who was raised Amish would be beautiful without those bloated, deformed  lips.

Edited by Kid
  • Like 2
19 hours ago, Kid said:

Why do women use filler on their lips so they look like a blowup sex doll? It is not attractive. Of course, I'm not a man fantasizing about a blow job. The woman who was raised Amish would be beautiful without those bloated, deformed  lips.

I'm a man and I think they look awful. Shak looked so much better in the photo from when she was on millionaire matchmaker.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

I'm only now watching these episodes, but I see that Mary and Brandon are in equivalent positions - they are both young, with a fair amount of emotional difficulties due to their childhoods - and they are trying to use the relationship to fix these issues. I think they both have the same core issue- abandonment and instability, but use different language for it. Each wants the other to heal them of it. 

Mary uses control to manage her anxiety around being left, while Brandon uses clinging to Mary to heal his feeling of not being able to trust anyone. He frames it as he needs Mary to trust him, but I think he is projecting that it is him who cannot trust (due to his mom's instability/etc).

Everyone does this to some extent - we rely on relationships to give us a sense of stability/connection/trust/etc. and forming a healthy relationship can help us get over baggage from the past.  But these two are very young and its almost like two drowning people clinging to each other, which doesn't work.   Maybe they will beat the odds if they can each dial down their unhealthy behaviors, they can form a healthy connection that will last, which would help to heal their emotional wounds from the past.  Statistically its not in their favor but you never know.

• Useful 1