Type keyword(s) to search

OLTL Outside Llanview: The Cast In Other Roles

• Start Topic

Jeremy was pretty reprehensible, but that wasn't Kelly's fault. He took a lot of unfair heat, I thought. It's not as if he had any say in the writing. That said, I do think charming scoundrel is more in his wheelhouse, and that seems to be what Walker is.

9 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And it's always nice to see Jamie Ray Newman, who's been in a million things by now, but who I always think of as Kristina The First from "General Hospital".

I usually don't like her—and wasn't a fan of her Kristina on GH—but she's surprisingly tolerable on Midnight. If nothing else, it's nice to see actors from GH, even the ones I don't like, do well elsewhere. It's nice in general to see soap actors do well elsewhere, to prove that not everyone on soaps is terrible and unsuited to other genres. 

• Love 2

Has anyone posted about Trevor St. John's role in Roswell, New Mexico?  He'll be playing Jesse Manes, Alex's father.  

ETA: I guess it was a couple of pages back.  Consider this a reminder to set the dvr if you're so inclined. :-) 

• Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:12 PM, tessaray said:

Has anyone posted about Trevor St. John's role in Roswell, New Mexico?  He'll be playing Jesse Manes, Alex's father.  

ETA: I guess it was a couple of pages back.  Consider this a reminder to set the dvr if you're so inclined. :-) 

He was fine, though he's got kinda a thankless role as the military guy after the aliens.  And I suspect he

won't be happy when he finds out Alex likes to kiss aliens who are boys.

• Love 2

An article about Scott Evans' (Oliver Fish) role on "Grace and Frankie".  Apparently, he's in a lot more episodes this time (disclaimer - I am so behind on so many shows so I haven't watched "Grace and Frankie" in a long time, but I think I might just binge the Evans episodes soon versus trying to catch up on the whole thing):

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2019/01/222968/grace-frankie-season-5-chris-evans-brother-scott-oliver

A tad too much of the article is, "OMG, Chris Evans' brother!" versus Scott himself.  Someone might have noted they could have mentioned his being on "One Life to Live" in the comments.  That someone might have been me lol.

• Love 3

The first comment about the top picture not being Scott was totally on point, too. I wonder if that was a genuine error or someone decided to be an idiot. The brothers certainly have a family resemblance, but they aren't identical by any measure.

• Love 2

Really, I thought I've kept my fanboy-ish appreciation of the Kish boys quite quiet. #wink

As it happens, I'm in the middle of yet another Kish binge so it was fun seeing him.  And the "Avengers: Endgame" press junket is right around the corner so we'll get more Evans siblings shenanigans soon!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 1

Yeah, Kassie's still there, though Eve is in a not-great story at the moment.  No word yet on who Dorian Robin would be playing, but surely, Uncle Ron would figure out a way for them to cross paths.

Speaking of OLTL alums on DOOL, I wasn't watching when she was playing Lola (she was, like Lang's cousin, right?  And poked holes in condoms?), but Camila Banus is sooo good these days on DOOL.  Ron's really done a great job calibrating her character Gabi as this fun, scheming bitch whose position against the people she's targeting totally makes sense and Banus plays it to the hilt.  Queen.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Have we talked about how Robin Strasser (Dorian Lord) is going to show up on "Days of our Lives"?  It's bee rumored for a while, but apparently SOD confirmed it.  Thoughts?

I'm thrilled.  I'll take Strasser in any role, anywhere, and the likelihood of her sharing scenes with KdP again.....heavenly!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Speaking of OLTL alums on DOOL, I wasn't watching when she was playing Lola (she was, like Lang's cousin, right?  And poked holes in condoms?), but Camila Banus is sooo good these days on DOOL.  Ron's really done a great job calibrating her character Gabi as this fun, scheming bitch whose position against the people she's targeting totally makes sense and Banus plays it to the hilt.  Queen.

You're kidding. Blank-eyed, wooden Lola has become awesome? I would have never guessed. She played a confession of murdering her own mother to the father who went to prison for that crime as if reciting a grocery list.

Gabi is Will's babymama, yes? So she's kind of a Stacy type (or Kim, if she's fun)?

Maybe I should check DOOL out.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

You're kidding. Blank-eyed, wooden Lola has become awesome? I would have never guessed. She played a confession of murdering her own mother to the father who went to prison for that crime as if reciting a grocery list.

Gabi is Will's babymama, yes? So she's kind of a Stacy type (or Kim, if she's fun)?

Maybe I should check DOOL out.

Yep, Camilla Banus has become awesome.  She was so awful on OLTL that it took me a long time to accept that she was actually better and it just wasn't some fluke.

And she's just continued to improve and improve.  

She's the main, and sometimes ONLY reason to keep watching DOOL.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

Gabi DEFINITELY has a bit of a Kimberly Andrews vibe to her now.  There was this one time, when she was hauling around the pregnant woman she had drugged (oh soaps!), that she made a offhand comment that said pregnant woman should lay off the carbs, it was very Kimmie.  Gabi also recently was nonchalantly filing her nails while keeping a scheming gay dude tied to a bed.

DOOL as a whole is not great right now, but Gabi/Camila Banus is for sure a highlight.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Gabi DEFINITELY has a bit of a Kimberly Andrews vibe to her now.  There was this one time, when she was hauling around the pregnant woman she had drugged (oh soaps!), that she made a offhand comment that said pregnant woman should lay off the carbs, it was very Kimmie.  Gabi also recently was nonchalantly filing her nails while keeping a scheming gay dude tied to a bed.

DOOL as a whole is not great right now, but Gabi/Camila Banus is for sure a highlight.

Tied to the bed, naked, with a strategically placed pillow from her fashion line.

• LOL 3

The role Robin Strasser is usually rumored for on Days is Vivian. There’s no direct connection between Eve and Vivian, but they’re indirectly connected through their involvement with the Kiriakis family. Brady once buried Vivian alive.

I think there was a scene at the height of Brady/Eve where Brady choked Vivian (Louise Sorrel, then) in front of Eve and Eve wasn’t bothered (clearly scripted, not acting choice). There was a lot of talk about how Eve, who was forced into prostitution as a teen and faced some violence in that situation, should have been bothered by Brady getting that physically aggressive with an old woman. 

I’m sure Ron would shoehorn them into scenes together if he had to, but it really shouldn’t be that hard to get an organic scene. Assuming Dorian=Vivian, that is.

• Love 1

Kassie posted this response to Ian Ziering's Tweet about Luke Perry's death today. She and Ian were on GL together, while Luke was on Loving.

• Love 2
  • I recently went on Kassie's Official Website -- there are pictures of her OLTV Family.  Wow.  They just blew my mind. So many wonderful memories come flooding back.  There is a picture of the full cast at one point -- when  her daughter on the show was young -- I remember each and every character and it felt like looking at a picture of old friends.  Wow, so happy it's on there. Such nice memories....
Edited by Eme
  • Love 2

Aw! That's cute.

Brittany Underwood's blonde hair still looks weird. I think darker hair looks much better on her. And that is exactly the kind of comment my mom or grandma might make, so I'm turning into a judgy old lady, that's awesome. Fine, fuck it, I'll accept my fate. Girl, that hair washes you out. Also, I covet that long sweater Kristen is wearing.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

Brittany Underwood's blonde hair still looks weird. I think darker hair looks much better on her. And that is exactly the kind of comment my mom or grandma might make, so I'm turning into a judgy old lady, that's awesome. Fine, fuck it, I'll accept my fate. 

Judge away, you're absolutely right. I didn't even recognize her at first; I had no idea she had blonde hair now. 

• Love 2

Oh, great point.

I'm also reading some stuff that makes it sound like Nora is defending Kevin.  I would very much like seeing those two actors together.

ETA...it'd be kinda fun if Kevin knew someone like Marty or Rae Cummings in a professional capacity and they're the ones who hooked him up with Nora.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Useful 1
12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Not everyone can or should go blonde.

As a natural blonde, I know EXACTLY how the feels! 😉

So wait, I know the PP/ABC lawsuit is over, but Nora is still showing up on GH? I can't remember, did she only start showing up on GH after the OLTL characters left the show in 2013? I'm confused. 

You bite your tongue!  I hope Nina gets thrown off a parapet.

I bet Ron would LOVE to get Tognoni on "Days of our Lives", given he's got two other ex-Cramer Women.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Holy crap, Marty WAS the one who connected Kevin (Collins) with Nora!  I...guess she's not on the run anymore for her various crimes, including the murder of a fellow shrink?

It is fun to imagine Kevin (Collins) and Marty seeing each other at conferences, getting coffee, hee!

(edited)
22 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Holy crap, Marty WAS the one who connected Kevin (Collins) with Nora!  I...guess she's not on the run anymore for her various crimes, including the murder of a fellow shrink?

It is fun to imagine Kevin (Collins) and Marty seeing each other at conferences, getting coffee, hee!

Ha! Well, I'm fine mentally retconning that Dr. Buhari survived. God knows Llanview needed her, she was the first competent shrink in town since Nora's sister.

It amuses me to think of Kevin being professionally judgmental over Marty treating one of her many rapists (Victor), but then again he secretly treated his serial-killer twin for however many years so he probably doesn't have much of a leg to stand on

Edited by Melgaypet

Nora out here spilling some Llanview tea!  She revealed on "General Hospital" today that Matthew and Destiny just got engaged, and that Dani is working as her paralegal.

So my first thought upon hearing this was that I was kinda bummed it wasn't Matthew and Dani who were together.  I was always intrigued by their relationship and it always got short shrift, first on ABC when Dani got pushed over to Old Man Nate and then on PP by its abrupt ending.

But on second thought, I figure petty Frank/the writers drafted off the ABC ending, which had Matthew and Destiny pretty much together over the birth of Drew.  So fine, whatever.

Also Dani works for Nora, not Tea?  C'mon, Buchanan, give us those deets! 

Finally, would it kill Nora to mention an aquatically-monickered cop did her a favor with some tech assistance, as a thank you for helping him and his husband adopt their second child? #idreamedadream

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

I want to be happy about Matthew/Destiny getting engaged, but he never seemed to be into her in the way that she deserves.

I’m glad it’s not Dani though. I’m still emotionally scarred by the peanut butter thing on Prospect Park. 

On 4/12/2019 at 5:51 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Finally, would it kill Nora to mention an aquatically-monickered cop did her a favor with some tech assistance, as a thank you for helping him and his husband adopt their second child? #idreamedadream

I personally would like to know how her good friend Max is doing down in Argentina. 😉 

• Love 1