Type keyword(s) to search

OLTL Outside Llanview: The Cast In Other Roles

• Start Topic

This week's General Hospital Checklist:

Nora was only on Thursday's episode (3/16).  From a story perspective, this might be her last episode though it's always possible they might throw some other things at her to do while they have her.  I haven't actively sought spoilers but i'm just expecting that to be her last one and will be pleasantly surprised if she continues to appear.

(Edited to add:  Just read an article stating her exit is next week so looks like she'll have a little more to do this next week as well before ended her short visit.)

Watch at any (or all) of these places so your views count in ABC's data:

Hulu - https://www.hulu.com/general-hospital
ABC's website - http://abc.go.com/shows/general-hospital
ABC's official YouTube channel -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBYe8ZLf4IX29I3BZ89l0pQ

Also the official General Hospital Facebook and Twitter feeds were showcasing some OLTL love yesterday so that seems like a positive sign for something more on the horizon.

Edited by dwmckim

Kelley was easily the breakout star of OLTL 2.0 and put in a better showing than any female lead in her age range had on OLTL in many years - she had been horribly written and utilized on the show back on ABC, but on the new show she was easily the latest in a long of troubled/edgy heroines in OLTL history going back through people like Natalie, Marty, Megan, Karen Wolek, etc. (You could put Tina in here but I think that's a different flavor of heroine.) I'm glad to see her getting work.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

I've said this before, but I've never understood why she wasn't cast on Girls as Marnie's sister, because she and Allison Williams are practically twins. 

• Love 1

She could be funny too, in the scenes with her and Todd getting their nails done, and that time at Shelter she did some hilarious dance move so she could "accidentally" bump into Matthew and Catfish Michelle.

ETA...found the dancing (at 7:25), hee!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

I'm having mixed feelings about Nora's stint in Port Charles.  I wish we had been given some kind of on-screen reason why she crossed state lines to represent a shady dude like Valentin.  And while I get they wanted to put Hilary B. Smith and Tonja Walker together (which I did enjoy), her taking a payment from Valentin to ensure Olivia J. got declared unfit to stand trial was also not very Nora.

Thinking about, this arc actually seems like it was written with Tea in mind, I could much more easily see Tea getting up to these types of courtroom shenanigans. 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

her taking a payment from Valentin to ensure Olivia J. got declared unfit to stand trial was also not very Nora.

That part also struck me as being OOC ... i think HBS might have thought so as well since she almost seemed to be talking in a slight accent during that exchange!

• Love 1

From the "Shit I Never Thought I'd Post" Department: The late, great Phil Carey stars in the cheesy vintage film The Time Travelers, featured in episode 3 of Netflix's all-new (all-fantastic) revival of Mystery Science Theater 3000. My jaw dropped.

He's also in one of the earliest episodes of All in the Family, playing a gay former football player, whose sexuality stuns Archie. (Tony Geary is the same episode, as a soft-spoken, sensitive friend of Mike's that Archie is SURE is gay, but isn't.)

• Love 1

So our old friend Scott Clifton (Schuyler Joplin) won the Daytime Emmy for Lead Actor Sunday night.  He is the first to win the three daytime acting categories: younger, supporting, and lead.  Now, I know these awards are meaningless, and that this is super petty, but after the way he was stupidly tossed aside by OLTL/Frank/Ron in favor of JPL and Farah Fath, his continued success makes me smile. #schuyler4eva

Also, this warmed the heart: #schuylerandkyleasfrenemies4eva

• Love 7
(edited)

We're gonna be swimmin' in Fish!  In addition his recurring role on "Daytime Divas" (which begins airing on VH1 next month), Scott Evans (Oliver Fish) has also booked a guest arc on the next season of "Grace and Frankie".

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

"Black Lightning" got picked up so, if you're inclined, you'll be seeing Why Is Deanna on your television screen next year.

Semi-relatedly, I kinda wish Scott Evans had been cast as Steven Carrington on the new "Dynasty".

(edited)

A Scott Evans trifecta!  So not only does he look real good in this photo (though the lack of scruff threw me for a second), but the #playinganoliveragain hashtag hit me right in the feels.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
(edited)

Aw, he's so cute! But I miss the scruff, too. It's sexier. Not that he's not all adorkable while clean-shaven. (Do people still say 'adorkable'? I am old and lame.) It's been nearly a decade since SE first played Oliver Fish. How does he not look any older? I think this was his first scene (Warning: this clip includes a lot of Antonio):

ETA: Sorry, forgot what thread I was in.

Edited by Melgaypet
On 5/19/2017 at 0:14 AM, jsbt said:

Nafessa Williams does a solid job in that trailer, surprisingly enough. She's also in the new Twin Peaks, debuting Sunday.

The episode she's in will air on Showtime this upcoming Sunday (Episode three).  The episode has actually already been made available online prior to its premiere television airing via Showtime online and Hulu so you could actually view it now but be forewarned...you'll see a lot more of her than you'll probably care to!  (At least she's not Holding any Pepperoni)

On 4/19/2017 at 9:22 PM, jsbt said:

From the "Shit I Never Thought I'd Post" Department: The late, great Phil Carey stars in the cheesy vintage film The Time Travelers, featured in episode 3 of Netflix's all-new (all-fantastic) revival of Mystery Science Theater 3000. My jaw dropped.

My husband watches Westerns (not my thing) and I've caught glimpses of Phil Carey in several of them. Including an episode of The Virginian a few days ago. (I've seen Jeanne Cooper in quite a few too, as well as MacDonald Carey,  Frances  Reid, Chris Robinson, Susan Oliver and Susan Seaforth to name some other soap actors.)   

• Love 1
(edited)

And speaking of DePaivas:

The OTHER DePaiva--James DePaiva--rides again!

Damn near 60 and he's still so hot. Sigh. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 3
(edited)

He's in an ad for a local Northern California supermarket.  He's just in a crowd scene where a group of people are sitting around a table having a feast.  Blink and you miss him.

Edited by Silver Raven
6 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

He's in an ad for a local Northern California supermarket.  He's just in a crowd scene where a group of people are sitting around a table having a feast.  Blink and you miss him.

He's originally from the Bay Area suburb of Livermore, near Oakland, so I can see him returning home for a local ad for some weird reason. It's actually very endearing. 

(edited)

He's barely aged at all since that last appearance on OLTL, and that was closing in on 10 years ago!

Frank Valentini was really stiff in that dumb little clip lol.  Does the fact that it took place on the hospital set, and FV mentioned the hospital, indicate JDP will be playing (GASP!) a doctor?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

This site's "Again With This" podcast has reached the point in "Beverly Hills, 90210" where Dan Gauthier (Kevin Buchanan) is recurring as Dick, a rival of Steve's for Claire's affections.  Look at this baby!

2017-06-26-awt-bh-07.jpg

• Love 1

I was catching up on Younger this weekend, and who do I spot but Jay Wilkison (Riley Colson)? His character may or may not be back in the current season. He looks like he hasn't aged since OLTL. The character was pretty charming until he was written otherwise. Sounds familiar?

Apparently Gauthier's "Beverly Hills, 90210" character comes to a (ridiculous) bad end eventually.  I don't remember the deets, things get fuzzy for me re: that show post-Coke!Kelly/Single White Tara.

10 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

James De Paiva is on GH.  I'm not sure if he's on contract or recurring.

I'm pretty certain he's on contract, lucky for me. :D

I wouldn't be at all surprised that, after Kassie's bout with cancer last year, he began thinking about steady work again, even though he spent years pretty consistently going from one stage production to another, and now he's on GH and she's back at DAYS. Even with the everlooming threat of cancellation, both GH and DAYS seem to have the lifespan of cockroaches and Cher, so I hope this lasts awhile for both of them! 

• Love 1
(edited)

Ran across this clip on YT when I was searching for Time Trax stuff (I love cheesy 90s scifi). Kassie was in this one, of course but the episode also had John de Lancie in it. (The episode title was Beautiful Songbird.) 

Edited by tessaray
15 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Laura Harrier just got her big break with her appearance in Spiderman: Homecoming. Hopefully she builds off this.

She's in the upcoming reboot of Fahrenheit 451, with Michael B. Jordan, Sofia Boutella, and Michael Shannon. (And Lily Singh, if anybody knows YouTube stars)