Type keyword(s) to search

OLTL Outside Llanview: The Cast In Other Roles

• Start Topic

Hey guys,

I know now that JDP played a very small role on GH. I'm might watch it, I might not. I'll admit that I'm actually very sad to hear that its so short-term (and I'm sending a side eye to @jsbt for enjoying my misery so much! LOL--I hope!), but it's cool that he got to be on TV again. But thanks for thinking of me, guys. I'm sure I'm very annoying in my JDP talk sometimes, so it meant a lot to me that so many of you thought of me when the news broke. :) 

• Love 1
(edited)

Fair enough. And thank you. I wasn't really being serious, I was just a bit surprised at first. Sorry I jumped the gun there, I can't always tell when someone's joking or serious; one of the perils of the Internet, I guess. :) 

It's true, GH doesn't need any new actors, from OLTL or anywhere else, really, but I'll admit to still being more disappointed than I should be that it's probably just one episode of work. It's been so long and I missed him. And I probably will watch soon; I just hope it's not too hard to find his scenes. 

Edited by UYI
(edited)

I love VI and I've seen the case made for David Hayward from AMC before. It's a valid one because the character is Anna's ex and a doctor. That being said, I think any crossover characters or major other ABC stars right now is part of a problem for the show, and one they'll all fall victim to until someone fundamentally revitalizes GH for GH. Even a solid idea like Dr. David would be difficult to rationalize right now, IMO.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, jsbt said:

I think any crossover characters or major other ABC stars right now is part of a problem for the show, and one they'll all fall victim to until someone fundamentally revitalizes GH for GH.

So much this. There's no core to GH anymore, and adding stunt characters/actors isn't going to help. GH needs to get its identity back.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, jsbt said:

I love VI and I've seen the case made for David Hayward from AMC before. It's a valid one because the character is Anna's ex and a doctor. That being said, I think any crossover characters or major other ABC stars right now is part of a problem for the show, and one they'll all fall victim to until someone fundamentally revitalizes GH for GH. Even a solid idea like Dr. David would be difficult to rationalize right now, IMO.

I've long been into the idea of Dr. David coming to Port Charles, because in addition to being Anna's ex, he's the type of rascally, Chris-from-"Port Charles" doctor the show could really use.  The piss-poor job they did incorporating Anna's twin Alexandra into GH, however, has soured me on it.

• Love 4

I was just catching up on the second season of the Canadian show "Private Eyes" a show about...private eyes (yes, the show's theme song is Hall & Oates) and around the 6th episode, Bree Williamson shows up as Jason Priestley's love interest.

• Love 1
(edited)

Ron's first episode of "Days of our Lives" airs today.  I haven't watched yet - I don't have a ton of history with DOOL, but I'm curious to see what Ron does with it AND "General Hospital" is horrible right now - but it seems like it's getting a good response on Twitter, though he should probably refrain from patting himself on the back like so...

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Ron's first episode of "Days of our Lives" airs today.  I haven't watched yet - I don't have a ton of history with DOOL, but I'm curious to see what Ron does with it AND "General Hospital" is horrible right now - but it seems like it's getting a good response on Twitter, though he should probably refrain from patting himself on the back like so...

He just can't help himself, can he? I guess we'll be back to Twitter meltdowns and blocking very soon. What joy. -_-

• Love 2
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

So Carlivati's strorylines are apparently going to involve three dopplegangers.

I only counted two -

Marlena/Hattie and Adrienne/Bonnie

Either way, it's very Ron.  I'm into it, though, sounds more interesting than annnyyything going on on "General Hospital".  But there is the risk of overdoing it, a la the masks on GH.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I only counted two -

Hide contents

Marlena/Hattie and Adrienne/Bonnie

Either way, it's very Ron.  I'm into it, though, sounds more interesting than annnyyything going on on "General Hospital".  But there is the risk of overdoing it, a la the masks on GH.

Well, possibly

Spoiler

Kristen/Susan

2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Well, possibly

Hide contents

Kristen/Susan

And there's forever the option of dragging out

Spoiler

Tony/Andre. Thaao Penglis was insisting on twitter the other day that his character is not a serial killer, which is true of Tony but not Andre.

Just as long as Ron lets Princess Gina stay dead. Oh, and I really don't need to see Colleen the Frisky Nun when Sami returns. But Rafe2 was actually more fun than the real Rafe. I loved how little Allie was the only one smart enough to see the difference.

It occurs to me that I kind of hate doppelgangers.

Also, I did think the show started to feel like Ron immediately. I feel like someone was channeling Jessica Buchanan hard while writing Abby Deveraux today.

15 minutes ago, Panopticon said:

Also, I did think the show started to feel like Ron immediately. I feel like someone was channeling Jessica Buchanan hard while writing Abby Deveraux today.

I don't know too much about Abby, but does that mean she seemed...a little dim?  Or like...a trampy alter ego? 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I don't know too much about Abby, but does that mean she seemed...a little dim?  Or like...a trampy alter ego? 

LOL, I should have said Jessica on one of her good days. Abby got the "a little dim" bit done all on her own when she married a man to give him a green card knowing she will never love him and that he is infatuated with her. And of course he doesn't really need a green card, which Abby should have realized. But today she called her husband on his multiple illegal stunts and is trying to protect her ex/baby-daddy from her husband's machinations. It just felt like one of those periodic Jessica-buys-a-clue scenes.

Abby has her compassionate town princess who grew up in real time moments; and her trampy moments; and her psychotic break burned down the mental hospital moments. So a head writer coming from OLTL wouldn't be far off to plop her in a Jessica box. But I am not looking forward to the reveal of her alter Tabby...

• Love 2

And speaking of Mr. Carlivati, he is celebrating his first Days episodes with Twitter amnesty. Anyone who requests that he un-block will have his/her wish granted. No word on whether he'll promise not to call the principal though...

(It just cracks me up that this is a thing.)

• Love 2

So I caught up on VH1's "Daytime Divas" (...shut up) to check out Scott Evans' guest starring arc (...shut up).  Nothing revelatory, he was very Fish-y as a nice guy life/sober coach working with an actually very Amanda Setton-esque former child star who's one of the hosts of the show-within-the-show, but it was cool to see him get a sizable arc on a show.

• Love 2

I wonder what Fiona Hutchison is up to these days? I know that FH stopped doing social media a few years ago. Her IMDb page has her last credit in 2015 for an indie film called the Southside. She's my favourite soap actress, so it's a pity she isn't in more stuff. Maybe she's retired...

2 hours ago, spiraltribe said:

I wonder what Fiona Hutchison is up to these days? I know that FH stopped doing social media a few years ago. Her IMDb page has her last credit in 2015 for an indie film called the Southside. She's my favourite soap actress, so it's a pity she isn't in more stuff. Maybe she's retired...

That's what I wondering. I guess she could strictly be a theater actress now, though, in local productions. I know her two sons with John are both grown. 

She's my favorite soap actress, too. :) 

Edited by UYI

This week's "Again With This" covered the episode of "Beverly Hills, 90210" where Dick (Dan Gauthier) overdoes on heroin.  And Kevin is very sorry about that.

2017-10-09-awt-bh-13.gif

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

Kassie DePaiva is back on "Days of our Lives", she popped up at the end of Friday's episode. 

And apparently, it's going to turn out that Eve's

the widow of Vincent Irizarry's deceased Deimos Kiriakis, even though I don't think the characters ever met on-screen (which is too bad because I bet seeing Blair and Dr. David share scenes would have been fun).

• Love 1
On 10/28/2017 at 2:38 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Kassie DePaiva is back on "Days of our Lives", she popped up at the end of Friday's episode. 

And apparently, it's going to turn out that Eve's

Hide contents

the widow of Vincent Irizarry's deceased Deimos Kiriakis, even though I don't think the characters ever met on-screen (which is too bad because I bet seeing Blair and Dr. David share scenes would have been fun).

I'm glad Kassie is back on screen where she belongs. She's looking great and definitely playing up the vixen. I'm just glad she's out of the kiddie pool. :)

• Love 2
On 12/2/2017 at 9:31 PM, Silver Raven said:

Crystal Hunt, Antonio Sabato, and Donna Mills are starring in a new Christian themed soap opera called "Hilton Head Island".

Of course they are.........

Crystal Hunt, one of the Lord's anointed.....Antonio Sabato......a prophet for our times.....(Donna Mills will obviously do ANYTHING for the money).....

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

Banging my head against the wall HURTS...

Edited by boes
  • Love 2

I remember her talking about missing the schedule, looking for ways to occupy herself and wanting to work just because instead of being retired - trying to audition. So I'm happy she has some work.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3

I can't even imagine that a Christian themed soap opera would be remotely interesting. The 'good guys' would be preachier and more hypocritical than ever. The 'bad girls' would die of whatever because of their whorish ways. Or get redeemed and be insufferable...

Or maybe it's not all that different, it's just not pretending anymore.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Dandesun said:

I can't even imagine that a Christian themed soap opera would be remotely interesting. The 'good guys' would be preachier and more hypocritical than ever. The 'bad girls' would die of whatever because of their whorish ways. Or get redeemed and be insufferable...

For what it's worth, there was a Christian themed soap opera called Another Life, way back in 1982, on what was then CBN. 

• Love 1
On 12/11/2017 at 11:58 AM, Dandesun said:

The main characters are all members of a tv network owning family operating out of Hilton Head.  They're rich assholes, except they're Christian assholes.  The Latina weather girl who's looking to move up in the world makes a play for Antonio Sabato, who is the son of Donna Mills, but he rebuffs her and takes her hand off his leg.  In the first episode, the father/husband, who not only owns the network and runs it but is also the news anchor, has a stroke on the air, and the family gathers to try to decide what to do.  Donna Mills forces the hospital to take him out of the hospital and bring him back home.  Crystal Hunt is the daughter, a first year medical resident in Johns Hopkins.

Everything is green screened.  It looks bizarre.

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 1