Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Self-Taught: Follow the Clues

• Start Topic

That Cherry is super bright and great at putting all the clues together! The team bakes well, too. My only problem with this is they could possibly win without doing any of the more difficult bakes. I wish they had set it up like immunity on Top Chef: You can't get kicked off, but you do have to figure out the clues and actually bake. Oh, well.

Agree the right team went home. Those ninnies kept thinking everything they saw had to be used. Not a lot of brains between the two of them.

I'm still enjoying the heck out of this. It's different and fun. Joel seems to be having a good time hosting, too.

• Like 5
54 minutes ago, mertensia said:

Yeah, I like that Cherry and her partner said "well, why couldn't it be savory?" and went from there. 

Exactly.  It's called "Crime Scene Kitchen," not "Desserts from Clues."

• Like 5

I am hoping that when the bakers are combined the automatic pass to the next episode goes away.  Steph and Cherry are so good with the clues, but tend to struggle with the bakes.   I feel a winner needs to be able to do both.   Still they are fun to watch on tv.  I'm rooting for them.  

• Like 2

I like Steph and Cherry and they were spot on with their quiche.  I like their enthusiasm.

I also like the mother/daughter team, they correctly got the elimination bake even if it looked like a mess.  I would have been happy with either Fadi and Tee or the toque women going home, I found both teams equally annoying.

I too am curious if the format will change when the groups are combined.  I tend to agree that safety is a huge prize and maybe too huge, but I also think the one extra clue last season wasn't enough.  If you don't win immunity from the first bake, then what's the point?  Because right now it seems there is a clean slate and teams are sent home based purely on their elimination bake and the first bake doesn't even factor into things at all.

• Like 1

Steph and Cherry three time winners, I enjoy how positive they are as a team. They always seem to be having a good time. With the merge coming up Steph and Cherry will have more competition with trained bakers and we might not see as many wins from them.  The lunch box was a good red herring with sandwich and apples. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, SHERMDOG said:

Im alone in my thinking but...I don't like Steph and Cherry.

That being said...not sure WHO I like...or am pulling for!! Haha

No, you're not alone in that.  The overreaction when declared safe irks me a bit.  Very much 'look at me.'  However, they are good at the clues.

• Like 3

People who wear hats like that indoors are one of my pet peeves. Glad the military wives went home. I like Nene but she didn't add much to the show and seemed almost uncomfortable. T and Fadi are my guys, hope they make it to the end.

• Like 2
On 7/12/2023 at 11:35 PM, SHERMDOG said:

Im alone in my thinking but...I don't like Steph and Cherry.

That being said...not sure WHO I like...or am pulling for!! Haha

Not a fan of them either. Have to wonder how they would have done in the second part of each week's competition. Just seems fishy to me that they would get 3 in a row of something that all the other teams completely missed the mark on.

• Like 1
  • Love 1