Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

(edited)

Meisha IMO tried to find love by being Barbie, and is sort of going through a crisis. Who knows what she is thinking. If the storyline is true and she is now working as staff at a church, she's hard core Catholic. When you are hard core into your faith/religion it changes things. That said, it does seem like she's up to date on her botox and fillers, so that's a little confusing to me.

Gino is SO CHEAP. Oh my goodness, I can't even believe him. I'd be happy poor in a shared bedroom than dating that loser. Jasmine is trying so hard and he is just being a total dick-- he can't slice a beet on a plate? He needs a cutting board? WHAT? He's an asshole. I can't believe he's picking a fight about a cutting board. He just falls apart with the tiniest bit of pressure. 

Edited by bravofan27
5 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

he can't slice a beet on a plate? He needs a cutting board?

To be fair, no you can't slice a f**ing raw beet on a plate. It's difficult enough on an actual cutting board to avoid slicing off a finger. That's why you roast them in foil, then remove the skin and slice them. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Quof said:

To be fair, no you can't slice a f**ing raw beet on a plate. It's difficult enough on an actual cutting board to avoid slicing off a finger. That's why you roast them in foil, then remove the skin and slice them. 

You can totally slice a beet on a plate. Do it all the time. But that's not the point, he was being difficult and hard on her, and she was trying hard.  I felt bad for her. He wouldn't be nice because he was hyperfocused on money.

(edited)

That said, it does seem like she's up to date on her botox and fillers, so that's a little confusing to me.

I don't think Catholics have a problem with that. No reason you can't look good AND love and serve the Lord.

You can totally slice a beet on a plate. Do it all the time.

I'm with Quof. Beets are really, really hard to slice and I wouldn't want to try it on a plate. Maybe a counter I didn't care too much about. But I want a completely flat surface and a very sharp knife.

He wouldn't be nice because he was hyperfocused on money.

I can't say I blame him. He's paying $3,000/month for her apartment and I think most of her other expenses. I'd be more concerned about money than sex too.

FWIW - I do think Geno was an ass about the potato peeling. It's easier with a peeler but it's totally possible with a knife. My mother (a Southern lady who has prepared and eaten many, many potatoes in her 85 years) has never used a vegetable peeler; only a knife.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Like 1
On 6/20/2023 at 5:53 PM, MrBuhBye said:

And after taxes it’s like $12k.

I assume Amanda with her two kids and where she lives, lack of any other income (unless she went back to Hooters after her husband died) falls within a tax bracket where she will get to keep most of her earnings. She most likely is in this for the $$, the "fame" and hopes to drag this shit out to a few seasons, this one, then 90 day when he gets his visa and comes to visit (they can film him "trying" to be a dad to her two lost, grieving children), then The Other Way when she pretends that maybe they should start fresh in Romania, then Single Life when they break up. Oh, and she and her kids or her sister can do Pillow TAlk. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
9 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

FWIW - I do think Geno was an ass about the potato peeling. It's easier with a peeler but it's totally possible with a knife. My mother (a Southern lady who has prepared and eaten many, many potatoes in her 85 years) has never used a vegetable peeler; only a knife.

I'm on board with your mother & the few times I've tried to use a peeler I have failed miserably as I'm so used to using a knife.

10 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

He's paying $3,000/month for her apartment and I think most of her other expenses. I'd be more concerned about money than sex too.

He’s also worried about her reaction to his modest and tacky place in Michigan the more she is spoiled in Panama.  That’s a valid concern as she seems intent on pursuing a certain lifestyle.

10 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

It's easier with a peeler but it's totally possible with a knife.

Yeah but usually not the type of knife she wanted him to use. 

2 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

lack of any other income

Hopefully a man in his 40s with two young kids had life insurance.   Don’t know if the benefits are taxable though.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Shrek said:

I'm on board with your mother & the few times I've tried to use a peeler I have failed miserably as I'm so used to using a knife.

There’s that stereotype about soldiers having to peel mountains of potatoes when on kitchen duty.  I wonder what they use.  Maybe now they use powdered mashed potatoes lol.

On 6/18/2023 at 11:09 PM, renatae said:

I agree that Amanda is simply not ready to find another husband and I find the two, especially her, extra cringe worthy. They make me truly uncomfortable. She's so demanding, and I don't think he can do anything that pleases her. What sort of person thinks it's weird to keep tissues by the bed? Who wants to get up in the middle of the night just to blow their nose? Guess she never had allergies or never sneezes at night.

Meisha. In what world does a legitimate marriage which produced two children qualify for annulment?

Tyray Is really working hard on his self-delusional skills.

It shocks me!  However, the mother of my good friend in school was annulled from her 1st husband even though her two sons were full grown.  One of the many reasons I have no use for religion.

Meisha seems not all there upstairs.  I am going to greatly dislike her I think.  Amanda doesn't seem like a friendly person.  I also think she is dating way too soon.  And Amanda, the tissues are for nose blowing or for after masturbating.  Who cares.  At least he isn't wiping stuff on some grubby tshirt.

(edited)
On 6/22/2023 at 1:53 PM, Natalie68 said:

Meisha seems not all there upstairs. 

Since @Shrek kindly posted the link on the new Couple's page, check it out if you want to read what Meisha claims happened after she saw the two orbs outside her window. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
15 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I agree. Because there's no couples' page for them, I'll spoil tag this story about what she claims happened AFTER the Vacuuming/Two Suns incident. I'll admit, not the most reliable source, but the story is wild and makes her sound like a loon:  

If she claims to have seen 2 huge orbs in her window, I’d be asking if she was vacuuming topless. 

• LOL 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

I agree. Because there's no couples' page for them, I'll spoil tag this story about what she claims happened AFTER the Vacuuming/Two Suns incident. I'll admit, not the most reliable source, but the story is wild and makes her sound like a loon:  

You could always start a thread on the couples page.

Having read the article I think I know what the 2 orbs she saw when rising from her knees were. 

Edited by Shrek
  • LOL 1
5 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

I think there is a thread in the Couples section. But there are no comments 

I put the link up over there as well if anyone is interested further down the road.

1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

At least he isn't wiping stuff on some grubby tshirt.

Beware the crusty sock.

1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Because there's no couples' page for them

Probably because they weren’t on the first few episodes.

• LOL 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Hopefully a man in his 40s with two young kids had life insurance.

I wouldn't count on it, if it wasn't part of his job benefits. Sorry to stereotype, but they met working at Hooters. He was in his early 30s, working in a Hooters, maybe as a fry cook, maybe as a manager, who knows. Either way, not bringing home a big paycheck. I feel like life insurance is just one of those things that when you live paycheck to paycheck you don't prioritize. Especially with two young kids, a stay at home (or low salary earning) spouse---making that payment wouldnt' be top on the list. I think she would be entitled to and collecting social security death benefits on behalf of his kids. Probably not much. 

Edited by Stuckathome
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1

Right, he was in his early 30s when they met at Hooters. He might have come up in the world since then, I guess. Some people don't really start putting effort into their careers until they have dependents relying on them. But the odds are good that he didn't turn around and start making six figures.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, IvySpice said:

Right, he was in his early 30s when they met at Hooters. He might have come up in the world since then, I guess. Some people don't really start putting effort into their careers until they have dependents relying on them. But the odds are good that he didn't turn around and start making six figures.

Yes, exactly.....for the kids sakes I hope he did have some sort of insurance, but if so, it probably wasn't much.

3 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I hadn’t been able to put my finger on it but now it has come to me.  Nicola looks like Gollum.

I’m going with little Jedidiah from Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Nicola-Kanaan-Before-the-90-Days.jpg?fit

d282e2c3a45c72009569fb9c8303a9ef.png

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
20 hours ago, IvySpice said:

And he already had two daughters living in Idaho. 

On 6/22/2023 at 2:22 PM, Alapaki said:

If she claims to have seen 2 huge orbs in her window, I’d be asking if she was vacuuming topless. 

That's Jordan! 

On 6/19/2023 at 4:08 PM, Alapaki said:

She was the Traffic reporter here in Philadelphia.  My recollection is that she jumped pretty quickly to monetizing her faith by starting some kind of ministry. 

So she's the reason they fired Bob Kelly?  Dopes.

11 minutes ago, cynicat said:

So she's the reason they fired Bob Kelly?  Dopes.

I think there were a few months of fill-ins between Bob Kelly leaving and Meisha starting. I don’t know whether that was some contractual delay on her end or is CBS fired Kelly without having a replacement lined up.

• Like 1
(edited)

I had the impression that Meisha’s first marriage was not in the Catholic Church and that she was a later convert.  Can anyone confirm?  And if so, I believe no annulment would be necessary, or even possible. I’m not Catholic, so I don’t know how they handle that. 

Incidentally, Jews have a similar process. You have to go through a Jewish ceremonial divorce to be married again by a rabbi, even if you have a civil divorce.  There is a scandal in some religious communities because some men won’t grant the Jewish divorce, so the women can’t get married again. 

Isn’t religion interesting?  

Edited by EtheltoTillie
2 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

I had the impression that Meisha’s first marriage was not in the Catholic Church and that she was a later convert.  Can anyone confirm?  And if so, I believe no annulment would be necessary, or even possible. I’m not Catholic, so I don’t know how they handle that. 

Incidentally, Jews have a similar process. You have to go through a Jewish ceremonial divorce to be married again by a rabbi, even if you have a civil divorce.  There is a scandal in some religious communities because some men won’t grant the Jewish divorce, so the women can’t get married again. 

Isn’t religion interesting?  

My understanding is that the Church recognizes the validity of marriages between non-Catholics and so considers married-and-divorced non-Catholics to be not free to marry unless the prior marriage is annulled. 

6 hours ago, Alapaki said:

My understanding is that the Church recognizes the validity of marriages between non-Catholics and so considers married-and-divorced non-Catholics to be not free to marry unless the prior marriage is annulled. 

Yes but how would this catholic convert get her earlier non catholic marriage annulled?  The Catholic Church would do that?  The previous church?  Some step is missing here. 

3 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Yes but how would this catholic convert get her earlier non catholic marriage annulled?  The Catholic Church would do that?  The previous church?  Some step is missing here. 

The catholic church will probably do it, for a price, I mean donation. 

4 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

I think it’s a matter of the Catholic Church declaring that the prior dissolved marriage does not constitute an impediment to the planned marriage.  

• Useful 1
On 7/13/2023 at 7:58 AM, Alapaki said:

I thought it was the case that the Catholic Church did NOT recognize marriages outside the church but they still somehow prevent marriage inside the church. I don’t understand how the Church could annul something it didn’t recognize in the first place (or bless or whatever…).

21 hours ago, Shrek said:

The catholic church will probably do it, for a price, I mean donation. 

This, on the other hand, makes perfect sense to me. 

1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

I thought it was the case that the Catholic Church did NOT recognize marriages outside the church but they still somehow prevent marriage inside the church. I don’t understand how the Church could annul something it didn’t recognize in the first place (or bless or whatever…).

This, on the other hand, makes perfect sense to me. 

without turning this into a theology thread, the Church recognized non-Catholic marriages as valid. The question with annulment is whether (grossly oversimplifying here) whether the parties freely intended to to enter into what the Catholic Church believes about marriage.

Annulment presupposes a divorce, so the prior marriage has already been ended, or undone. The question is what, is any, sacramental effect it had at the time it was entered into. 

• Like 1
On 6/20/2023 at 6:02 PM, MrBuhBye said:

(there was a hint of that — the stereotype is that Europeans don’t shower or use deodorant as much as Americans).

We have showers in Europe! And deodorant! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Seeing these stereotypes about us is hilarious. Of the thousands of people I've met here I can only think of one french colleague who doesn't use deodorant and everyone who shared an office with him complained about it (not to his face).

I do however question when some of my students last had a shower or washed their clothes. I assumed it was part of growing up that they need to learn about personal hygiene....

I think most people don't smell too fresh first thing in the morning? Maybe Razvan sweats and farts a lot in his sleep?

Seriously though, I cannot stand Amanda. It's her business if she decides to go quickly into a new relationship but I was ready to throw things at my television when she was whining about him not having a clothes dryer. Dryers are expensive to buy and expensive to run, and when you're on a limited budget in a small apartment then they are probably not your first priority. I am in the Netherlands which is a relatively wealthy country, and even here many of my friends don't own a dryer, because they just don't see the need when you can hang your clothes to dry for free. Romania is not a wealthy country and it is just so disrespectful of Razvan's culture and financial situation to whine because he doesn't have a luxury appliance that you have back home. I reckon she's always behaved like a spoilt brat but because her husband was older and she was still a teenager when they got together, they probably had a parent-child dynamic in their relationship and he pandered to it because he got a pretty, young wife.

Also, in her first episode she basically said she was looking for a new partner so that they could help with looking after the kids. Sorry but that is NOT a reason to enter a relationship. Do you want a partner, an equal, or a slave? The way she talks to Razvan, I don't think she sees him at all as her equal. He has been very patient with her so far but at a certain point I can see he's going to break.

ALSO. If after arriving in Romania you decide it was a mistake to come - you can go home! Go home, or if you decide to stay then don't whine continuously about being there.

Gino - i don't know what time of day it is, but just go to the shops and buy a vegetable peeler and a chopping board. It's not difficult. I can't stand people who whine without finding a solution. Jasmine is mad as a box of frogs but surely she can do better than Gino?

I'm really torn about this series. I think I've never hated so many cast members in one series (Meisha included in that - she is sending off narcissist vibes). But then i feel a strange compulsion to watch so that I can feel even more annoyed with all of them.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Squishy Tomato said:

We have showers in Europe! And deodorant! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Seeing these stereotypes about us is hilarious. Of the thousands of people I've met here I can only think of one french colleague who doesn't use deodorant and everyone who shared an office with him complained about it (not to his face).

I do however question when some of my students last had a shower or washed their clothes. I assumed it was part of growing up that they need to learn about personal hygiene....

I think most people don't smell too fresh first thing in the morning? Maybe Razvan sweats and farts a lot in his sleep?

Seriously though, I cannot stand Amanda. It's her business if she decides to go quickly into a new relationship but I was ready to throw things at my television when she was whining about him not having a clothes dryer. Dryers are expensive to buy and expensive to run, and when you're on a limited budget in a small apartment then they are probably not your first priority. I am in the Netherlands which is a relatively wealthy country, and even here many of my friends don't own a dryer, because they just don't see the need when you can hang your clothes to dry for free. Romania is not a wealthy country and it is just so disrespectful of Razvan's culture and financial situation to whine because he doesn't have a luxury appliance that you have back home. I reckon she's always behaved like a spoilt brat but because her husband was older and she was still a teenager when they got together, they probably had a parent-child dynamic in their relationship and he pandered to it because he got a pretty, young wife.

Also, in her first episode she basically said she was looking for a new partner so that they could help with looking after the kids. Sorry but that is NOT a reason to enter a relationship. Do you want a partner, an equal, or a slave? The way she talks to Razvan, I don't think she sees him at all as her equal. He has been very patient with her so far but at a certain point I can see he's going to break.

ALSO. If after arriving in Romania you decide it was a mistake to come - you can go home! Go home, or if you decide to stay then don't whine continuously about being there.

Gino - i don't know what time of day it is, but just go to the shops and buy a vegetable peeler and a chopping board. It's not difficult. I can't stand people who whine without finding a solution. Jasmine is mad as a box of frogs but surely she can do better than Gino?

I'm really torn about this series. I think I've never hated so many cast members in one series (Meisha included in that - she is sending off narcissist vibes). But then i feel a strange compulsion to watch so that I can feel even more annoyed with all of them.

This made me LOL!