Type keyword(s) to search

Utopia (US) Live Feed Discussion

I see we've reached the point where they don't know what else to do, so have some boobs. It's usually not quite so literal, but that's an old stabdy from long before the days of reality tv. It also never works, well, except with Baywatch.

• Love 3

For anyone who watched the "prank" last night, how long did it take them to catch the chickens? I wish some media outlet cared enough about these assholes to find relatives of theirs and get comment for what they've viewed so far. I'm sure someone in their families are watching the feeds.

• Love 3

Katie NEVER SHUTS UP.  Ever. And ninety-nine percent of what she says is idiotic crap to fill space.  Chronic diarrhea of the mouth, full volume. Non stop.

Perhaps it is best for her children she stay away for a year.  And what fun they can have at school when their friends point out that their Mom's boobs were on tv last night. 

• Love 6

I can't stand women (or men) who leave there kids. Especially that young. Believe me I raised 3 boys whose mother left and it do an incredible amount of damage to those kids. There all adults now but one,,in particular, had a hell of a time because his birth mother left. So this woman? No.

Why oh why does the tv show look all unicorns and rainbows when we know, and see, different? Honestly if they would put on tv the truth,from the feeds all of America would be watching.

I was surprised they brought up bri and her lack of animal care but they still glossed over it.

And here I was thinking at least the nudity had died down...anneddddd we're back with booby woman. Yech

• Love 6

Hex is a moron that doesn't seem to do much. I'm glad Katie is verbally torturing her. From what I've seen Hex's "jewelry" isn't very complex, but then what would I expect from a "huntress". She's a lot like Aaron and Kristen, a lot of hot air and no work. I find myself wondering if they're going to manage to auction her bathing suit top off. Yuck!

I would love to see Josh and Ernesto sabotage the plumbing and then take their time fixing it so the CKC can use the great outdoors as their toilet again. Maybe that would curb some of the nasty remarks. Oh no it looks like Aaron's stove isn't working so he'll have to use a campfire. Shouldn't be too tough though for an accomplished chef right? If only Josh and Ernesto were as evil minded as the rest of the scum.

Edit: I didn't mean they broke the stove just that Josh and Ernesto should sabotage it and say that. Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by vhakra
  • Love 2

I'd ask how they managed to break a new stove this quickly, but blatant mistreatment seems obvious. Opening it up and giving it a good cleaning could probably fix the problem. They likely let gunk and maggots wind up somewhere that's interrupting a connection. Stoves aren't that complicated. Don't they have anybody capable of basic repairs?

At this point it's a victory if they don't manage to burn something significant down before they get cancelled.

Edited by whack-a-mole
  • Love 1

Katy is with Hex and Bri milking Honey. She questions everything, acts like she knows stuff but is incredibly ignorant and keeps interrupting when they answer.  Half the time when they explain the calf care she interrupts to point out that 'kittens.....'  Yeah, darlin', raising a kitten makes you an expert on calves. Seriously, she has got to go. 

Why in the hell is Bri still involved with the animals?  She should have zero, nada, zippo, zilch contact with any animal (four legged or feathered animal, she can hang out with the other animals).  She is a liability and a lawsuit waiting to happen.

• Love 7

Cal meanwhile is dressed in his buckskins and stalking around the property on his own. He seems to be a real loner. He barely speaks to anyone.

I have two theories on Cal.

A) He figures lay low and stay quiet, let Katie do all the talking. (and talking and talking...) After three days of listening to her idiocy he is a lock to get voted in.

B) After seeing the disgusting conditions in the kitchen and the morons living there he wants no part of it, just put in his three days and get voted out.

• Love 10

Taylor and Hex were discussing the Newtopians. Hex said that Katie might be hard to live with, although she likes her personality. Cal has a lot going for him but isn't very social, so she wonders what good he might do if no one ever sees him.

Taylor said he would not want to keep either of them if he had that option.

Of course, I'm pretty sure Taylor's utopia would be filled with the cast of Animal House.

• Love 4

Taylor and Hex were discussing the Newtopians. Hex said that Katie might be hard to live with, although she likes her personality. Cal has a lot going for him but isn't very social, so she wonders what good he might do if no one ever sees him.

Taylor said he would not want to keep either of them if he had that option.

Of course, I'm pretty sure Taylor's utopia would be filled with the cast of Animal House.

Why don't you wait a few days to see all the jobs that DON'T get done now that Red is gone; that should give you a good idea of "what good he [Cal] might do."

• Love 4

B) After seeing the disgusting conditions in the kitchen and the morons living there he wants no part of it, just put in his three days and get voted out.

This is what I was wondering about as well, though I was thinking that seeing the idiocy that goes on would be what makes him no longer interested in it - with the chickens being let loose last night, and this morning they are staging a murder mystery (too stupid for me to even listen to), Josh is talking about ordering new short-shorts .... the list would go on, I'm sure.

• Love 4

It has been mentioned much further up thread that America voted for Bri to be kicked out.

Do the inmates know this?

I would be curious to see how they could spin "America voted Bri out" into some Bri-ego stroking garbage. 

This is what I was wondering about as well, though I was thinking that seeing the idiocy that goes on would be what makes him no longer interested in it - with the chickens being let loose last night, and this morning they are staging a murder mystery (too stupid for me to even listen to), Josh is talking about ordering new short-shorts .... the list would go on, I'm sure.

So setting chickens and rooster loose in a room to "prank" people is NOT animal abuse and the production team is okay with this mistreatment of the animals.

Alrighty then.

• Love 3

Well, crap. 

In some alternative, reasoning, universe, the producers would have sent two NORMAL people in there.  Two people with useful skills to contribute, who were up to speed from the feeds and would have joined Nikki and Josh to form a stable core unit.  Maybe Amanda and Hex would have shaken the stupid out of their eyes and joined the team, too.  They could have had Heroes, Villians and Swing Votes--a time-tested formula. 

But they just couldn't resist pitching two more maggots into the community oatmeal????

I picture the production team freaking out and frantically flipping through headshots.  "ACK!  ACK!  We're circling the drain!  We need more crazy!  And fresh boobs!  Only boobage can save us now!"

• Love 9
Bella is now re-watering the garden (a task she has been specifically told not to do) because, as she talks to herself: 'Nikki forgot all about you,she hasn't been watering you!'  Note:  Nikki doesn't do the watering, Hex and Bri do the watering, as does Mike.

I'm really starting to wonder if Bella has a specific psychological disorder that manifests itself as a need to water plants.  It doesn't seem to matter how many times she's told not to - she continues to do so and only seems content and relaxed when she's either watering them or has recently done so.  It's like something's wired differently and watering plants gives her a runner's high.

• Love 5

I have two theories on Cal.

A) He figures lay low and stay quiet, let Katie do all the talking. (and talking and talking...) After three days of listening to her idiocy he is a lock to get voted in.

I think if I was Cal I'd be in a constant state of WTF. I think both A and B are very viable options for him.

If I was there I'd wait for Mike to fall asleep and then dump a container of Nair on his head. Then give the Haw Haw laugh. 

• Love 3

By the way, isn't it cold at night?  Mike and new girl are skinny dipping.

Cool, but not cold yet.  Temperature at nights right now is probably high 60s/low 70s (+/- 10*). 

Really low humidity usually in So Cal (at least it felt that way to me because I grew up in So Fla where humidity lives).  I lived out there 10+ years and only kept a/c on during nights in the summer 2x.  It gets hot during the day, but as soon as the sun goes down the air cools down rapidly.

He's bald, so that doesn't really surprise me.

I saw he wore a hat for his bio picture, and chose 'bald' as one of his representative icon-things.     so I thought, who wears a hat for their primary head shot?    I was hoping he was not one of those bald guys who always wears a hat to hide the fact.

does anyone know if he wears a hat when the group eats their meals?

So setting chickens and rooster loose in a room to "prank" people.....

I just figured the chickens invaded so they could eat some of the kitchen maggots.

btw, on a farm the kitchen scraps are given to the dogs or to the chickens.     chickens would love some nice juicy maggots.    :)

---------------------------------

if I understand the voting, all we can deduce is that Bri was America-voted in the top three to get booted.    could have been first.    could have been second, after Bella or Red.   could have been third, after Bella and Red.

Why in the hell is Bri still involved with the animals?  She should have zero, nada, zippo, zilch contact with any animal (four legged or feathered animal, she can hang out with the other animals).  She is a liability and a lawsuit waiting to happen.

I swear to God, when I read this post and AndYourLittledog2's, my head almost exploded!  Bri is like that extremely precocious 3 year that is legendary in some families as a terror-hell on wheels. You tell her not to do it, she does it. You tell her again, she back there again and side-eyeing you the whole damn time. You tell her to get off the roof, she is up there trying to jump off the next chance she gets. There is no, NO in her world. No means maybe, which is close to yes, so why not go for it?  And keep pushing limits just a tiny bit further. Over and over and over. Like a moth to flame. She just cannot stop. Push, push, push, push. She just keeps pushing because she has learned this valuable experience from life, at some point people give up and give you that inch (she will take a mile) or they just give up and give you your way to make it and you go away. Very sick this one is. I have had students & patients like this and you seriously want to kill them.  With thumbtacks of course! 

• Love 7

if I understand the voting, all we can deduce is that Bri was America-voted in the top three to get booted.    could have been first.    could have been second, after Bella or Red.   could have been third, after Bella and Red.

From the footage on the show, they had a sealed envelope, which was opened after voting. It had one word on it (in large letters visible to the camera) - "Bri." So, editing shenanigans aside, it seems Bri was America's "first" choice.

That said... if he's actually done some form of communal off-the-grid living, then he probably represents the very first person to walk into Utopia who is like the kinds of people who I hoped they'd be casting from the outset.

Cal also mentioned that he was part of the "Test Cast" for Utopia, so he was familiar with the compound and has stayed in it before. I wonder how long the "Test Cast" was in the compound and also if there were more people in it who were more mature and have had similar experiences before or at least real, proven skills that could be useful in that environment (you know, the type of people we were expecting to be on this show and what the ads and pre-show publicity conned us into believing).

I think that they should have started with at least half of the Utopians being over 40. The only ones in the original group that were are Bella and Red. If they had more maturity in the group they likely could have avoided much of this cliquish, bullying, animal abusing, completely lazy, thieving behavior and this seemingly being just one year party.  I say this as, even though I'm a couple of years younger than Mike is, I can't relate to any of the CKC. Clearly, though, the Producers were going for drama and shit stirring. They are trying to be too much like Big Brother but these asshats are all willing to go through this without getting a half million dollars in addition to their stipend. I'm willing to bet that some of these people have applied to be on BB in the past or will be likely to do so in the future.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 4

Mike's government had a meeting. I only saw about 15 minutes of it (thank goodness), but they were drafting laws, which they voted on and then would be written up and then voted on again.

Mike's contributions to Utopia: legalese and Congressional deadlock.

They talked about having consequences for violating laws, and Ernesto said they'd figure that out, of course, but for now, your name will go "on the record."

Ernesto's contribution to Utopia: writing bad kids' names on the blackboard.

They voted to let Chris take 100% of his money from a commissioned painting to use to repair his guitar. I think they should have voted to smash his guitar, but that's just me.

Aaron submitted a resolution that everyone else should have to clean up the kitchen after they use it. No word if that includes him.

Josh submitted a resolution that all requested purchases should be written down and reviewed before they are submitted. The question came up if that should include personal purchases, and the group was divided on that. The argument for was so that no one would go over their allotted money (Dede said accounting would "take care of that"); the argument against was for privacy (it's different to say "I want to spend $30" rather than "I want to spend $30 on Sour Patch Kids.")

Aaron asked, "What about stuff we order that goes to our homes, not here?"

To my surprise, no one asked why the hell anyone would want/need to do that.

• Love 5

To my surprise, no one asked why the hell anyone would want/need to do that.

If no one challenged him on that, then these people are officially too stupid.   

• Love 8

The chicken prank really ticks me off.  When I was little, my cousin threw a chicken into my lap.  I was about eight years old and inside a tent.  I can actually picture it clearly to this day. I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt, and was scratched up pretty good as well as frightened.  It wasn't until years later that I realized my cousin was also abusing the chicken (they had a farm) by throwing it at me.

I despise the ever expanding cool kids club.  I hope Nikki, Amanda, and Josh go next, as planned.  Maybe Ernesto will leave in solidarity with one of them.  Then I can kick back and root for psycho Bri to go off on the humans, and Aaron, Kristen, and Mike to rob them blind.  Chris/Bri and Taylor/Hex will wonder how in the world they got pregnant.  The men will wonder when Katy became so irritating (answer:  when you finally stopped staring at her boobs).  Rob will realize he's next after Josh - but only after stabbing Josh in the back.  And my most fervent hope - the entire infrastructure of the human barn collapses, and when the humans go to throw the animals out of the animal barn so they can live there, a real Orwellian Animal Farm commences.

• Love 8

To my surprise, no one asked why the hell anyone would want/need to do that

If no one challenged him on that, then these people are officially too stupid.

The only way I could see this being even remotely an understandable question from Aaron is if Production told them that they would be allowed to send small gifts to their families by using their personal funds. Maybe for birthdays and such. However, those of us with the feeds know full well that Aaron and Kristen were talking about buying things for themselves and having them sent to their homes so no one would know. They talked about doing this especially if they were up for replacement and they would try to spend group money in addition to their own.

In either case, it is definitely stupid for no one in the group to ask for an explanation or for him to clarify exactly what he meant. These people should all know by now to keep their eyes on Aaron.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 3

Because Rob has fallen so far in my eyes, I feel compelled to share this from Jokers.  Amanda offered to wash Rob's clothes with Tide for $2 - except his underwear.  Apparently, he hasn't reached the age where you learn to wipe your butt properly.

• Love 4

For anyone who's interested in seeing it, the video of the "prank" is at Utopia Madness.

http://www.utopiamadness.com/2014/10/practical-jokes-in-utopia.html

I fast-forwarded through most of it, for obvious reasons, but I saw enough that I'm convinced that this show isn't Utopia but Utopia Jr. and all of the people on it are ten years old.

Despite never watching the live feeds I enjoyed snarking with you lovely folks, but I'm out. Finding it harder and harder to care about these assholes and their shenanigans while the animals are still likely suffering under their misguided care.

• Love 2

From the footage on the show, they had a sealed envelope, which was opened after voting. It had one word on it (in large letters visible to the camera) - "Bri." So, editing shenanigans aside, it seems Bri was America's "first" choice.

sounds nice and dramatic, that single name in large letters.

but it only makes sense if production already knew Bella and Red were the final two nominees.   

The Utes broke a "Red or Bri"  tie by voting.    They voted for Bri.   Then Red says he will take Bri's place.    He does.  THEN a letter is produced that has Bri's name on it.

If Red is not a nominee, then the letter is meaningless.

but he was not chosen by the tiebreak vote.   Bri was.   that briefly made the letter meaningless.

But then Red jumped in and took Bri's place!    So the letter suddenly had meaning again.

my conclusion is that either production knew the results ahead of time, OR they knew that Red would jump in and replace Bri, OR the letter was just an edit-for-dramatic-effect after the final two were definitely known,

maybe a production guy was standing there with three letters with three different names.  After the chaos was settled and two Utes were nominated, he knew which letter to hand to the Utes.

without being told by production (a secret source?) what America's vote was, there was no way to know if Bri was #1, #2, or #3.

However, those of us with the feeds know full well that Aaron and Kristen were talking about buying things for themselves and having them sent to their homes so no one would know.

yeah.  apparently they are willing to mess up this whole thing and possibly nullify months of their work-life, for a few dollars worth of trinkets sent to their homes.

• Love 1

my conclusion is that either production knew the results ahead of time, OR they knew that Red would jump in and replace Bri, OR the letter was just an edit-for-dramatic-effect after the final two were definitely known,

Of course, all of those things are possible. It's also possible that Production just didn't think ahead, and only gave them the single envelope - and if the name in that envelope had already been nominated, they'd have to go back for a second envelope.

It's very hard to determine with this Production team what is deliberate scheming, and what is simple incompetence. They have shown a lot of both so far.

• Love 4

Wasn't this all happening around the time the live feeds went down for an hour?  Maybe they let the whole thing unfold and then re-staged it?  Of course, with this particular production crew, it's possible they turned the feeds off and told them how to vote.

Apparently production gave approval for the chicken prank.

Wow.  And that would be AFTER the uproar they've been facing over the cows.  Production must be even more stupid than the topes.  

• Love 5

ok, I should have listed  "production guessed and got lucky"  as one explanation.     :)

Yeah, I am leaning towards "re-staged for the cameras after the fact" though. Watching the broadcast version, it just runs in way too smooth and orderly a manner to be believable as the actual events. My working theory is that this is a rough facsimile of what went down.

Which raises another thought - these wannabe actors and drama queens must love that. They get to re-enact all the little dramas they obsess about, again and again! It must make their petty bullshit feel so special.

• Love 3

Haven't been on the feeds much today--but I just dropped in a few minutes ago to see Rob stomp off to the animal barn saying "I had get away from Boobs McGoo--she is so annoying."  Well, hell must be freezing over because I agree with something Rob said!  

• Love 4

I haven't been on the feeds much either (I go for the free 5 min. and decide whether it's interesting enough to use up my all of 10 minutes).

I did see Rob walking and talking to Taylor? and he was saying something along the lines of "I can't believe Red would still be here, because it was Aaron who was America's next vote.  So it would have been Bella, Bri and Aaron"

How did he know that?  Definitely some re-writing / re-filming going on.

Later, it was Hex reminiscing on how much she liked Red.

• Love 2

The chicken prank really ticks me off.  When I was little, my cousin threw a chicken into my lap.  I was about eight years old and inside a tent.  I can actually picture it clearly to this day. I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt, and was scratched up pretty good as well as frightened.  It wasn't until years later that I realized my cousin was also abusing the chicken (they had a farm) by throwing it at me.

I despise the ever expanding cool kids club.  I hope Nikki, Amanda, and Josh go next, as planned.  Maybe Ernesto will leave in solidarity with one of them.  Then I can kick back and root for psycho Bri to go off on the humans, and Aaron, Kristen, and Mike to rob them blind.  Chris/Bri and Taylor/Hex will wonder how in the world they got pregnant.  The men will wonder when Katy became so irritating (answer:  when you finally stopped staring at her boobs).  Rob will realize he's next after Josh - but only after stabbing Josh in the back.  And my most fervent hope - the entire infrastructure of the human barn collapses, and when the humans go to throw the animals out of the animal barn so they can live there, a real Orwellian Animal Farm commences.

And only after he's built something for the rest of the inmates.

• Love 2

Mike and Taylor finally get out to the barn about 530 am to feed the calf--cold milk straight out of the fridge!  Is that how they all feed the poor little thing?  Anyway, they're talking about last night--apparently Josh and Boobs McGoo went out to Pomegranate Lane but no one knows if they hooked up or not.  Some on the feeds chat are saying she wouldn't shut up long enough to do anything, so they came back to Josh's corner and cuddled before falling asleep.  I don't know, I wasn't watching.  Pretty funny conversation between Mike and Taylor though--Mike "she said she's polyamorous, she has that tattoo symbol for polyamory.  She and Dedeker had a long talk yesterday, she said she's been polyamorous for a month."  Taylor "yeah, well that wart on her face is pretty off-putting."  Haha!  Reminds me of John Candy in Uncle Buck "here, take this quarter, go downtown and have a rat gnaw that thing off your face."  

I think her non-stop talking and her judgmental attitude are also "off-putting" to the others. 

• Love 1

maybe a production guy was standing there with three letters with three different names.  After the chaos was settled and two Utes were nominated, he knew which letter to hand to the Utes.

That's seems the most logical (I know there a shortage of that where this "show" is concerned) explanation.  

Apparently production gave approval for the chicken prank.  Who is advising these people?

If that's true, then PETA needs to shut this production down.

Wow.  And that would be AFTER the uproar they've been facing over the cows.  Production must be even more stupid than the topes.  

So much stupidity to go around - 

Boobs Magoo (thanks Rob!) not only never stops talking, loudly, 99 percent of what she says is about herself.  She'll ask a question, then as soon as the person starts to answer it she will interrupt them and launch into her own tale of whatever. Her constant topics: being vegan as the only right way to live, animal rescue, animal abuse, and any stray thought that flits through her head. But not her kids. She will talk about her mom and their relationship (her mom thinks she should be more responsible) and how her kids go to a private christian school her parents pay for, and her dad is a captain at some airline, and travel miles, her cat, and her friend's chickens, etc. But when Josh mentioned he had an eighteen year old daughter in college who he was very proud of, her response:  She'll be thirty eight when her kid turns eighteen! She thinks that while her kids are young she needs to do all this other stuff because working full time wouldn't be right. When she's forty and her kids are grown then she will figure out what she wants to do and do that. For her kids, you know, this dumping them on her mom and traveling and doing shit she wants to do is all for her kids.

So that means you run off to appear on a reality show for a year?

• Love 4

I think her non-stop talking and her judgmental attitude are also "off-putting" to the others.

So we have Putting Out vs Off Putting?

Even just reading about her is tiresome and that is saying a lot with this collection of yahoos.  I want Nurse Ratched at this cuckoo's nest.

• Love 5

Ooh, ooh, may I add one?  With all of the sleeping around, how about Lord of the Flies, Unzipped!

4Leafclover - this was from a few days ago and I just got it.  I'm very slow at times, but this is so funny!

Earlier this week someone posted a link to a site that did pretty good daily recaps - more in a narrative style.  I've been looking for that post to get the link, so if someone could point me in the right direction it would be most appreciated.

• Love 2

Earlier this week someone posted a link to a site that did pretty good daily recaps - more in a narrative style. I've been looking for that post to get the link, so if someone could point me in the right direction it would be most appreciated.

The site is called allofutopia.com.

• Love 2

Taylor didn't warm it?  That's unusual. I watch them every morning and he always warms it, but I didn't watch it today.  According to Amanda, if they get up early enough they can leave it out long enough to get the chill off it, but if they don't then they have to do it in the pan on the stove. The milk is just supposed to be 'chill off it', not warm like for a young human infant's baby bottle.  One thing about Taylor, he hates getting up so early but he is reliable and he does care about the animals. He really likes the calf. I don't think he would do anything that would be bad for the calf at all. 

As for the time, they've shifted calf feeding time to the five o'clock hour and don't't feed her a four any more. It's between five and six morning and evening now, to more closely align with the milking times for the cows. 

I saw it differently, taylor took the milk out of the fridge at 5 am (my clock in germany said 2 pm), feeding didn't start until half an hour later. i'm just unsure if a half hour is long enough for the milk to not be too cold anymore.

• Love 1